OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

Nintendo Switch Thread (previously NX)

Started by Otaking, 07/03/2016, 08:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Otaking

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86jH2UQmvKY&t=812s
Quote from: some block off youtubeIn one episode, Dodongo c-walks out of a convenience store with a 40 at 7:40 AM, steals an arcade machine from an auction, haggles in Spanish for a stuffed papa smurf to use as a sex toy, and buys Secret of Mana for a dollar.

wildfruit

It will be £1000 because exchange rate is so lame

Otaking

Rumoured specs:

Four ARM Cortex-A57 cores, max 2GHz
NVidia second-generation Maxwell architecture
256 CUDA cores, max 1 GHz, 1024 FLOPS/cycle
4GB RAM (25.6 GB/s, VRAM shared)
32 GB storage (Max transfer 400 MB/s)
USB 2.0 & 3.0
1280 x 720 6.2" IPS LCD
1080p at 60 fps or 4k at 30 fps max video output
Capacitance method, 10-point multi-touch

https://twitter.com/NWPlayer123/status/789116886109655041

and also this

IMG
Quote from: some block off youtubeIn one episode, Dodongo c-walks out of a convenience store with a 40 at 7:40 AM, steals an arcade machine from an auction, haggles in Spanish for a stuffed papa smurf to use as a sex toy, and buys Secret of Mana for a dollar.

Psycho Punch

So the NX is basically the cancelled Nvidia Shield II + a cool controller and dock.

L O fucking L. I'll buy it discounted when early adopters get disenfranchised yet again.
This Toxic Turbo Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs!
I had to delete THOUSANDS of error log entries cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

munchiaz

Quote from: Otaking on 10/20/2016, 06:10 PMRumoured specs:

USB 2.0 & 3.0
1280 x 720 6.2" IPS LCD

and also this

IMG
If thats true I'm not a fan of the tiny storage.

Gredler

I can't wait for this new version of the shield, considering it has nintendo exclusive games and support plus branding maybe the shield will actually see the success it deserves

Medic_wheat

Interesting selection of 3rd party developers backing the new system. However, I had hoped to see Kojima's new company on the list.

SuperDeadite

256 CUDA cores?

My GTX770 has 1536, and it's like 5 years old now.

I really don't see how this is going to work, it doesn't have the power to compete with the
other consoles, and there's no way I'd give something like this to my 7 year old daughter, way
too complicated, she'd lose half the parts the first day.

This seems like it's really being marketed more towards the ipad crowd, but they all hate real buttons on their devices.  My prediction, sells very well at first cause it's new, but once the novelty starts to ware off, the next version of the DS will appear.
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

Otaking

Quote from: guest on 10/20/2016, 11:44 AM
Quote from: Otaking on 10/20/2016, 10:59 AMI just searched youtube for Nintendo Switch reaction and found a video of the most irritating human being on the planet.
I suddenly don't want the Switch anymore
Searched again, and this...

bob

SuperGrafx

Quote from: guest on 10/20/2016, 11:00 AMI don't know about you guys, but I'm pretty pumped. Looks like it'll have some better 3rd party support with shit like Skyrim.

Looks somewhat WiiU backwards compatible. Rerelease on cartridge/SD card? Actual discs??
I'm with you.
I was skeptical at first, but this thing just seems like an obvious solution for the modern gamer. 
I may take the plunge.

jtucci31

Good god otaking, keep the videos coming. These are atrocious  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

SuperDeadite

Just realized, this thing doesn't have a touchscreen either....
Now while I personally despise touch screens (I still use a 9-key 3G flip-phone :) ),
I can't imagine lugging something of this size around with me all day unless I could use it for
an all-in-one type device.  The official ads really seem to be going for the tablet based market too,
but without the touch screen that isn't going to work.

So while I'm sure it will have some excellent Nintendo games, I doubt it will have much else.
I'm sure initial sales will be good, but after a year or so, it's going to be awfully slow.
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

technozombie

I'm of the mindset it's too big to really be portable, and not powerful enough to be a console. I was wondering about putting a protective case around the portable, but it doesn't look like there is enough space in the dock to accommodate it. Literally the only interesting thing about is that Nintendo makes good games.

TheClash603

The best thing is that if this becomes Nintendo's only console, they no longer need to split developers between handheld and console and the games will come out at a faster rate.

I predict stong start, a lull afterward, then Christmas 2018 Pokemon's first traditional RPG game on a console sells millions of additional consoles.

I do wish it was more powerful, would prefer something at least XB1 quality.  Even if it cost more than PS4/XB1, you could justify this by adding the portability to the mix.

Personally I don't care about the power so much on my own, but I think Wii U was a failure largely due to it not being seen as a genuine next gen system and the lack of third party ports.  I don't see Switch getting a legit Call of Duty experience anytime soon and that's what the masses want to see.

Otaking

Quotehttps://www.finder.com.au/nintendo-switch-announcement-sends-nintendo-stock-price-south

We all remember the massive swell in share price Nintendo enjoyed following the release of Pokémon Go right? Well, how did Nintendo's share price respond to the announcement of the Switches reveal and the reveal itself?

When the announcement came out in the morning shares rose a small amount of 4%, following the reveal of the system Nintendo's shares dropped by 7%... a similar response to what happened when the WiiU was revealed. Not a great response. Whilst it's not a massive swing it does mean that the net response over 24 hours for the systems reveal was to make the company lose value.

Otaking

Quote from: guest on 10/20/2016, 10:07 PM
Quote from: Otaking on 10/20/2016, 08:27 PM
Quote from: Otaking on 10/20/2016, 10:59 AMI just searched youtube for Nintendo Switch reaction and found a video of the most irritating human being on the planet.
Good god otaking, keep the videos coming. These are atrocious  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Gentlegamer

Quote from: TheClash603 on 10/21/2016, 12:24 AMThe best thing is that if this becomes Nintendo's only console, they no longer need to split developers between handheld and console and the games will come out at a faster rate.
Nintendo merged its console and portable dev groups about three years ago.
IMG

esteban

Quote from: Gentlegamer on 10/21/2016, 07:00 AM
Quote from: TheClash603 on 10/21/2016, 12:24 AMThe best thing is that if this becomes Nintendo's only console, they no longer need to split developers between handheld and console and the games will come out at a faster rate.
Are they all working on games for a single platform?

Does Nintendo subcontract out games for _______ platform?

Quote from: Otaking on 10/21/2016, 06:28 AM
Quotehttps://www.finder.com.au/nintendo-switch-announcement-sends-nintendo-stock-price-south

We all remember the massive swell in share price Nintendo enjoyed following the release of Pokémon Go right? Well, how did Nintendo's share price respond to the announcement of the Switches reveal and the reveal itself?

When the announcement came out in the morning shares rose a small amount of 4%, following the reveal of the system Nintendo's shares dropped by 7%... a similar response to what happened when the WiiU was revealed. Not a great response. Whilst it's not a massive swing it does mean that the net response over 24 hours for the systems reveal was to make the company lose value.
Anyone who cares about games should immediately ignore how a stock market price is fluctuating, since the *only* factor at play is about increasing profitability and providing higher returns for investors.

Furthermore, market analysts (whose influence over investors is debatable) have a wonderful history of completely *not* understanding the video game industry (or any industry, really) beyond general trends. Analysts who try to understand/evaluate Nintendo, a company that operates in fundamentally different ways than the rest of the industry, by assuming that Nintendo *must* copy Sony/Microsoft/whatever = fundamental flaw. I am amazed we give so much credence to speculators.

Personally, I have been completely indifferent to the last few generations of consoles... but I am curious to see how the Switch will sell and if it has support from publishers.

I love that Nintendo has not buckled under the pressure to release some trendy VR/AR gear (since that splits the installed base of users).

I will cry if such an announcement were ever made.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

TheClash603

Quote from: esteban on 10/21/2016, 07:30 AM

Does Nintendo subcontract out games for _______ platform?
They may be merged but they are still releasing games for two platforms.  If they changed the release cycle from 1 AAA 3DS game every three months and 1 AAA Wii U game every 2 months to 1 AAA Switch game nearly monthly, that would be a great way to offset any potential third party droughts.

Though I am hopeful that Nintendo doesn't decide to simply port every Wii U game they released to Switch, because I am one of the few people that already owns them all.  Would hate if the first year or two of my new console is rebuying the same games I already own, with King Boo and new haircuts added into them.

esadajr

Gaming since 1985

Gentlegamer

Quote from: esteban on 10/21/2016, 07:30 AM
It was the biggest clue Nintendo not only was working a new platform, but that it would be some kind of console/handheld all-in-one.

This *should* mean a steady flow of games for Switch from Nintendo.
IMG

NecroPhile

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 10/20/2016, 07:49 PMInteresting selection of 3rd party developers backing the new system.
Like Autodesk?  I can't wait to play Revit on an NX!  :lol:
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Flare65

With what was shown in the video, I'm expecting some kind of downward compatibility with the Wii U.  I don't care if I have to buy some kind of Nintendo-proprietary drive to do so.  Also, this thing better have at least 64gig of memory on board with the option to add more.

I won't be in any rush to buy it when it comes out.

jtucci31

Quote from: Otaking on 10/21/2016, 06:54 AM
These are all the same

Nintendo dork holding plush toys: OH MY GAWD. I CAN'T WAIT. 2 MINUTES.
Nintendo dork: OH HERE IT IS. IT'S CALLED SWITCH OH MY GOD WHAT HAPPENED TO NX???
ND: OH THAT'S ZELDA. THAT'S BREATH OF THE WIND ZELDA NEW ZELDA BREATHING WILD
ND: flips out and falls in chair.

Please link more. I'm not joking :)

Gentlegamer

Quote from: guest on 10/21/2016, 11:08 AM
Quote from: Otaking on 10/21/2016, 06:54 AM
These are all the same

Nintendo dork holding plush toys: OH MY GAWD. I CAN'T WAIT. 2 MINUTES.
Nintendo dork: OH HERE IT IS. IT'S CALLED SWITCH OH MY GOD WHAT HAPPENED TO NX???
ND: OH THAT'S ZELDA. THAT'S BREATH OF THE WIND ZELDA NEW ZELDA BREATHING WILD
ND: flips out and falls in chair.

Please link more. I'm not joking :)
This is like the Star Wars FA reveal all over again

Nintenyearolds + Tubetards = Ultra Cringe Cancer Videos
IMG

esteban

IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Otaking

jtucci31

I'd get the SFC or FC one if they even make them at all.

IMG

TR0N

Quote from: Otaking on 10/20/2016, 06:10 PMRumoured specs:

USB 2.0 & 3.0
1280 x 720 6.2" IPS LCD

and also this

IMG
It's some thing that from software signed on.Hmm maybe the switch will get some thing like dark souls on it then.Still we shall see if the third parties stick to the console at all.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Gredler

Oh thank God for that havok support, I've been waiting some someone to support that!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_games_using_Havok

Mathius

sanjo

what would Konami make for the Switch. I thought they were leaving the console software business and focusing on Pachinko and its gyms

Medic_wheat

Quote from: sanjo on 10/22/2016, 06:29 PMwhat would Konami make for the Switch. I thought they were leaving the console software business and focusing on Pachinko and its gyms
Ports. Ports as far as the eye can see.

Mathius

Quote from: sanjo on 10/22/2016, 06:29 PMwhat would Konami make for the Switch. I thought they were leaving the console software business and focusing on Pachinko and its gyms
It'll most likely be a pachinko-based game set in a gym.

Galder

The orange and the FC look great! Are the games gonna be digital only?

jlued686

Medic_wheat

Quote from: guest on 10/23/2016, 12:46 PMThey're on little 3DS-like carts.
And I am hoping it will play DS/3DS games as well.

TheClash603

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 10/23/2016, 12:57 PM
Quote from: guest on 10/23/2016, 12:46 PMThey're on little 3DS-like carts.
And I am hoping it will play DS/3DS games as well.
Rumor is the DS line will stick around, being the $100 kid friendly system.  I am guessing Nintendo would keep a distinct gap between the two systems if this is true, to continue to make the 3DS seem somewhat appealing as a standalone product.

On the other hand, if they could launch the Switch only unit at $250, with no games and minimal accessories, that could be a low enough entry point to make parents move away from DS.  At that point, DS compatibility would make sense, just from an eshop perspective and compatibility with old games appeals more to parents than kids anyway.  However, the $300 base / $400 bundle pricing that is rumored seems to price the system out of the kid toy range.

Medic_wheat

They still make the DS system new?  Here I thought the 3DS shaving backwords comparability made it the natural next choice.

Mind you my brother in law has had my (wife's) 3DS for almost a year?  Hasn't stoped me from picking up games lol. Have plans to pick up the newer 3DS for myself to use. Granted I have held off simply to see what the (NX) is bringing to the party and how it may or may not work with my small DS/3DS library.

TheClash603

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 10/23/2016, 05:50 PMThey still make the DS system new?  Here I thought the 3DS shaving backwords comparability made it the natural next choice.

Mind you my brother in law has had my (wife's) 3DS for almost a year?  Hasn't stoped me from picking up games lol. Have plans to pick up the newer 3DS for myself to use. Granted I have held off simply to see what the (NX) is bringing to the party and how it may or may not work with my small DS/3DS library.
With the 2DS, 3DS, and New 3DS all currently out there, I simplified with DS.  The OG DS is no longer in production.

Otaking

wildfruit

Wavebird esque would be nice. One of my favourite controllers.

esadajr

Quote from: guest on 10/21/2016, 12:54 PMI'd get the SFC or FC one if they even make them at all.

IMG
That'd be like the ultimate retrogasm.
Gaming since 1985

esadajr

Gaming since 1985

Otaking

geise

Otaking

NecroPhile

Quoteeskew
Standard internet "journalism".  :lol:

Quote..... advances in flash media mean that it's now possible to fit 32GB of storage on such cards.
I bet a 256GB micro sd card would blow this ignorant twat's mind.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Otaking

Latest rumour is that Super Mario Switch will be a launch day release!
But that Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild won't make it and is going to be delayed until at least summer 2017