OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

3DO Recommendations?

Started by hizaygizirlz, 09/28/2006, 03:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hizaygizirlz

Hi All,

Just won an auction on ebay for a 3do system w/ about 20 games.

http://cgi.ebay.com/3DO-Goldstar-System-w-22-games-and-9-controllers_W0QQitemZ320030712362QQihZ011QQcategoryZ62054QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Besides those games, I have these on my short list of games to get

Alone in the Dark
Road Rash
Return Fire
The Horde

I know there wasn't really a great selection of games for the 3DO, but any recommendations would be appreciated. Any RPG"s for it as well i don't know of any besides Slayer.

So again any general recommendations or sites w/ reviews would be appreciated.

Thanks
MP
Gypsies did it.

Got no luv for the krackers only slugs for the krackers!

torgo

Fifa soccer was pretty good, and the graphics were quite good for the time.
PS Nation

Keranu

Blade Force
Ghost Mansion (hey I like this one!)
Guardian War
Ice Breaker
Jurrassic Park (I mainly recommend this for the awesome scare factor)
Trip'd
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

dj898

if you are inerested into imports the below are the some of titles I took with me when I moved to Down under. Not saying all of these are great titles and some I haven't even open the seal after so many years... :p

YuYuHakusho
DnoShokutaku
The Yakuuen Special
Virtual Cameraman series
Policenauts
Takeru
Ultraman Powered
OneesantoIssho! Janken Paradise
Sailormoon S
Dragon's Lair
Night Trap
Samurai Showdown
Street Fighter IIx
Virtual Quest Pharaoh no Fuuin
Idol Mahjong Suchi-Pai Special
Jurrassic Park Interactive

Joe Redifer

The best games for 3DO:

Road Rash
Return Fire

That's it.  I can't believe I spent $700 on that piece of ****

Tatsujin

:edit:

i also would go first with the uberfamos super street fighter X and police nauts :)
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

PC Gaijin

Star Control II is the only reason I own a 3DO. If you want a JRPG, there's Lucienne's Quest. It isn't very good. It was ported to Saturn, although I forget what the name was (Sword & Scorcery?) That's actually one of the main reasons I seldom recommend systems like 3DO or PC-FX to people when they ask. Most of the library got ported to systems with much better libraries of games.

But you already have a 3DO so...Star Control II! I don't think that was ever ported to another console system. There's a free remake that incorporates the 3DO extras including the music/voice that you can download and try out before shelling out bucks for the 3DO version.

Keranu

Star Control II is excellent, definitely track it down if you want a really advance, exploring RPG. I haven't played the 3DO version exactly, just the free Ur-Quan Masters version that PC Gaijin mentioned.

If you don't mind cheesy games like me, then you'll love 3DO.
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG

Tatsujin

Quote from: Keranu on 09/28/2006, 10:37 PMIf you don't mind cheesy games like me, then you'll love 3DO.
even more cheesier than your avatar?  :D

IMG
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

PCEngineHell

This list wont apply to everyone,but for me most of these games were great or awesome for the system,some you may already have.
Samurai Showdown
Primal Rage
Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo
Way of the Warrior(making a arcade stick for this game is a must,soem fatalities require multiple button presses at same time)
Bust a Move
D
Burning Soldier
StarBlade
Tetsujin Iron Angel of the Apocalypse 1 and 2
Flashback
Deadalus Encounter
Return Fire
Syndicate
Trip'd
Space Hulk
Twisted
Wing Commander 3
Corpse Killer
Slayer
Gex
Zadnost,the Peoples Party
Star Fighter
Wolfenstien 3d(best home port,modeled after the Mac version,stomps the Jaguar port)
Yu Yu Hakusho
Ultraman
Dragon Ball Z
Quarantine
Novastorm
Gridders
Slam and Jam
Demolition Man
Road Rash
Pretty Soldier Salor Moon
Shockwave
Shockwave 2
Out of this World(best version other then DOS)
Capt. Quazar
Panzer General
Phoenix 3
Policenauts
Po'ed
Star Control 2
Crash and Burn
Microcosm
Myst
 Off World Interceptor
Total Eclypse
Draxons Revenge
Megarace
The Horde
Bladeforce
Guardian War/Powers Kingdom and Lucienne's Quest both,if you like Micro Cabin games,if not dont mess with them.
Strahl
Cannon Fodder
Dragoins Lair
Alone in the Dark 1&2
Battlesport
Need for Speed
Graduation

Im probably missing some titles,but these are the best I remember. BTW,the Goldstar is prone to breakdowns,bad cd drive design. You should nab asap a couple of FZ-10s,or  aFZ-10 and FZ-1. Esp if you plan to collect 3DO and play your games alot.

ALSO: The ports of games refered to above,The Need for Speed,Road Rash,D,Samurai Showdown(which was ported to PS1 on a Sam Sho 1&2 disc in Japan) Space Hulk,Dragons Lair,Wolfenstien,Megarace,Microcosom,Off World Interceptor,Total Eclypse,and many others were indeed ported to Saturn and Ps1Sega Cd,but the ports lost things in the trasnlation,some gained longer load times,blury graphics,were totally reworked,ect... The 3DO did the titles the best justice overall. If you have a great stereo system and a great tv with s-video,you will get some great image and sound quality. composite is ok but the 3DO really shined in s-video.

ALSO compairing the 3DO to the PC-FX is stupid,the PC-FX had nothing on the 3DO as far as varity of good games are concerned. That is a simple fact.

dj898

btw the only 3DO console I've ever used was/is Sanyo 3DO TRY  ^ ^
I did hear Samsung one has the reliability issue...

Keranu

Good list, Mike. Though to further discuss 3DO and PC-FX, I think the consoles can be compared in the fact that they were both 32-bit machines (not very successful ones either) that didn't have the right 3D capabilities to compare to the other bad boyz at the time, the Saturn and Playstation. So it seems you'll often see games for 3DO and PC-FX that use pre-rendered graphics to try making it look like they are as powerful as the other guys. Though to be honest I have no idea if the 3DO even has any 3D capabilities, but I've just assumed it might not since a lot of games are pre-rendered. Other than that really, they are not so much comparable and I highly recommend the 3DO over the PC-FX if you want a good library of games.
IMG

PC Gaijin

Learn to read Michael. I mentioned the 3DO along with the PC-FX in the sense that many of both systems' games were ported to other systems (PSX and Saturn) that also happened to have much larger and better libraries. I wasn't comparing the library of the 3DO to the PC-FX. :roll:

PCEngineHell

Quote from: "PC Gaijin"Learn to read Michael. I mentioned the 3DO along with the PC-FX in the sense that many of both systems' games were ported to other systems (PSX and Saturn) that also happened to have much larger and better libraries. I wasn't comparing the library of the 3DO to the PC-FX. :roll:

Very few of the unique titles on 3DO were ported over to other game systems,or ported well for that matter. The majority of 3DO titles were what was popular on the pc and mac platforms. Need For Speed was a great example of this,as the Ps1 and Saturn ports sucked horribly,but the 3DO and Pc were awesome. keranu mettioned pre-rendered stuff,yea it happened,alot,but this was 93-early 96,and the same thing also was occuring on all the other systems up untill mid 96,like D,StarBlade,Burning Soldier,Microcosom,NovaStorm,ect.... this was commonplace on all systems.

Alot of people have selective memories concerning all of this,and dont perfer to remember how bad the USA launch titles on Saturn,and esp PS1 were actually. That and many people did not own a 3DO untill after its death and only then got a couple of well known titles,not the best ones,and judged the system this way. Horrible.Need proof of how bad early PS1 was? Motor Toon Gp baby! That,Toshenden,Jumping Flash,fun but basic looking. Alot of EA and Crystal Dynamics titles were ported over in late 95-early 96 simply to get a easy game sale on the newer systems and the ports were not up to par with the 3DO versions in some respects.

As far as 3d goes on 3DO,yes,it could do it,and well. It could easily match a 486DX Pc or Mac. Daedlious Encounter,Wing Commander 3,Road Rash,Need For Speed,Space Hulk,Po'ed,and Alone in the Dark 1&2,Slayer,Megarace,Wolfenstien 3D proved this.They all matched the Pc versions and Mac versions running in high detail easily. 3DO has the best 2 versions of D. In some aspects you could even say the 3d was better in some ways,at least in the early days.  Examples:

Shockwave 2 for 3DO looked way better then Agile Warrior or Warhawk for PS1,and played far better. Need for Speed for 3DO looked far better then Twisted Metal 1. Way of the Warrior murdered MK2,Battle Monsters, and Street Fighter the Movie for Saturn. Way of the Warriors 3d background engine was the forfront for what became Crash Bandicoot.
The 3DO Roadrash killed the ESPN Extreme 1 game for PS1,which was a blantent copy of Roadrashs graphics engine and play mechanics.

The 3DO had  a 32-bit Arm60,with a math coprocessor. 2 accelerated video co-processors doing cel work at 640x480,which is typically unheard of with PS1,as most games ran in 320x240 low res like modes on PS1(they didnt master high res modes on PS 1 untill around 99 with Ridge Racer 4 and later titles).Capable of 9-16 million pixels per second (36.8-64.9 megapixels interpolated), distorted, scaled, rotated and texture mapped.The board had  a custom Sport DMA mode = Super-fast bus speed 50 megabytes per second. No other 32-bit system could do this period. It had 36 seperate DMA channels for data processing. Ram just the same as PS1,2 megabytes of RAM
1 megabyte of VRAM. Sound DSP chip was 16-bit stereo sound with
44.1 kHz sound sampling rate and fully supports Dolby Surround Sound.

You cant really appreaciate the 3DO system visuals unless you use s-video. It really shines then.

Simple fact is the 3DO died before its prime. It coulda had another good year technically,if not 2,but it never happened.

Pc-FX,it was designed to run jpeg based FMV and 2-d graphics,and its best titles were never ported to nothing else. It had no resemblence to the 3DO other then both used 32-bit Risc cpus hardware wise and maybe both having the Graduation titles released on them I think.....

PCEngineHell

BTW the best way to enjoy 3DO games is with the 3DO BLASTER by Creative. It s a ISA card for pc,and lets you run 3DO games perfectly in VGA 640x480.Many people dont even know about this item.

esteban

Quote from: "PCEngineHell"BTW the best way to enjoy 3DO games is with the 3DO BLASTER by Creative. It s a ISA card for pc,and lets you run 3DO games perfectly in VGA 640x480.Many people dont even know about this item.
Wait a sec, are you telling me that I can play 3DO games on a PC? Send me some links / info on this! :)

I own an FZ ?? 3DO already :)
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

td741

Quote from: "stevek666"
Quote from: "PCEngineHell"BTW the best way to enjoy 3DO games is with the 3DO BLASTER by Creative. It s a ISA card for pc,and lets you run 3DO games perfectly in VGA 640x480.Many people dont even know about this item.
Wait a sec, are you telling me that I can play 3DO games on a PC? Send me some links / info on this! :)

Creative's 3DO Blaster:
http://www.heimcomputer.de/english/konsolen/3doblast.html

It wasn't on th emarket for very long... They probably produced one batch and it just didn't sell.  I don't remember the cost compared to the FZ-1.  (I had an FZ-1 before the first price drop. :P)

hizaygizirlz

Wow,

I thought i had clicked "email me w/ topic" replay, i just figured it was a dead topic and noone had replied i was pleased to see all of the responses.

Sorry i only glimpsed at the responses so if these are answered ignore i'm gonna read everything after lunch.

1.  Is Star Control II the one w/ Mark Hamill or was that Wing Commander?

2. Can the 3DO already play import games?

Thanks
Gypsies did it.

td741

Quote from: "hizaygizirlz"Wow,
I thought i had clicked "email me w/ topic" replay, i just figured it was a dead topic and noone had replied i was pleased to see all of the responses.

Umm... Well I navigate the forums by clicking on the "New posts" link, this showed up so I replied. :P

Quote from: "hizaygizirlz"1.  Is Star Control II the one w/ Mark Hamill or was that Wing Commander?

Wing Commander III is the game with Mark Hamill.  (Oh and also Wing Commander IV, but that's not on the 3DO)  

Quote from: "hizaygizirlz"2. Can the 3DO already play import games?

I'm not 100% certain as all of my games are North American releases, but as far as I know, there is no region lock.  I could be wrong however. :P

PCEngineHell

Sorry i only glimpsed at the responses so if these are answered ignore i'm gonna read everything after lunch.

Thanks

Yes,you can play imports just fine. There was a thing going around,and I dont know if this is speculative rumor,because I never had the problem on any FZ-1 or FZ-10,but sup[posedly a few of the japanese titles wont run on US systems due to the kanji fonts or soem such non-sense. Prob I have with this is that they listed Alone in the Dark demo as being one of these few titles that wouldn't work,and I had this title,and it worked. I had it because it came with a really nice foil embosed bookmark with ribbon. I had around 40 import titles for the system,back when I collected heavy,and all of them played.

PCEngineHell

YES Stevek666!!!!! But you need to hunt one down,and you need to have either a high end 386,486,K-5, or Pentium 90 type system. Anything newer,esp anything with intel BX chipsets,may produce problems Ive read. Also youll need Windows 3.1,and you have to have a certain cd-drive if you find the kit without one included. The cd drives needed were the ones Creative used with their soundblaster line if I remember right. Nothing else would work pretty much. I know one of these drives is a Sony 2x,but I no longer remember model numbers.

PCEngineHell

Quote from: "td741"

Creative's 3DO Blaster:
http://www.heimcomputer.de/english/konsolen/3doblast.html

It wasn't on the market for very long... They probably produced one batch and it just didn't sell.  I don't remember the cost compared to the FZ-1.  (I had an FZ-1 before the first price drop. :P)

Good link,but the guy listed some things wrong. More then just the Panasonic cd-drive would work,the Sony one Creative used would too,and that it would be a terrible idea to use a 1 meg ISA video card. 1 Meg graphics cards tended to flake out badly,I mean,they only had a meg of video ram,and come from the 1990-1992 generation and alot of them were only capable of 256 color,and a few of 16-bit color. The best to use is a Trident Pro Video 4 meg pci card. These have vga,s-video,and composite output,in pal or ntsc by jumper.

esteban

Quote from: "PCEngineHell"

YES Stevek666!!!!! But you need to hunt one down,and you need to have either a high end 386,486,K-5, or Pentium 90 type system. Anything newer,esp anything with intel BX chipsets,may produce problems Ive read. Also youll need Windows 3.1,and you have to have a certain cd-drive if you find the kit without one included. The cd drives needed were the ones Creative used with their soundblaster line if I remember right. Nothing else would work pretty much. I know one of these drives is a Sony 2x,but I no longer remember model numbers.
Hmmm, the oldest desktop I have is a Pentium II :(. It seems that it's easier just to pull out the 3DO console, but it would have been neat to use the 3DO Blaster. Maybe I'll get lucky and find one, boxed, in a thrift store this weekend :).
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Keranu

Whoa, didn't know about that 3DO-Blaster card, that's cool.
IMG

CrackTiger

Thanks

Yes,you can play imports just fine. There was a thing going around,and I dont know if this is speculative rumor,because I never had the problem on any FZ-1 or FZ-10,but sup[posedly a few of the japanese titles wont run on US systems due to the kanji fonts or soem such non-sense. Prob I have with this is that they listed Alone in the Dark demo as being one of these few titles that wouldn't work,and I had this title,and it worked. I had it because it came with a really nice foil embosed bookmark with ribbon. I had around 40 import titles for the system,back when I collected heavy,and all of them played.

What I read online years ago, was that certain games like Policenauts use game saves with kanji or kata/hiragana names and the U.S. systems can't read them. So such games play fine, you just can't save.

I'm still waiting to pickup a japanese 3DO to play Policenauts and the Pilot Disk.

As for good 3DO games, I can't recommended Lucienne's Quest enough.

I bought and a 3DO during the early days of the Saturn/PSX and it lived up to all my expectations for a 3D traditional RPG.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

PCEngineHell

Quote from: "CrackTiger"

Thanks

What I read online years ago, was that certain games like Policenauts use game saves with kanji or kata/hiragana names and the U.S. systems can't read them. So such games play fine, you just can't save.

I'm still waiting to pickup a japanese 3DO to play Policenauts and the Pilot Disk.

I bought and a 3DO during the early days of the Saturn/PSX and it lived up to all my expectations for a 3D traditional RPG.

I had no problems with saves either,which really makes me wonder. I only saw a few on this list,like I said,and a couple of them I owned and they played fine. I think Powers Kingdom was another of th esupposed trouble makers too,but I had no problems with it either. So who knows.

CrackTiger

Quote from: CrackTiger

Thanks

I had no problems with saves either,which really makes me wonder. I only saw a few on this list,like I said,and a couple of them I owned and they played fine. I think Powers Kingdom was another of th esupposed trouble makers too,but I had no problems with it either. So who knows.

It may depend on the model of the 3DO. Has anyone successfully saved Policenauts on a U.S. 3DO system? If so, which model(s)?
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Keranu

I have a 3DO FZ-10 and the Policenauts Pilot Disk, but I'm not sure if you can save in the demo or not. I'll mess with it later tonight and post the info.
IMG

BonkThis

I remember people at a video game store by my house saying SF 2 Turbo was the best port out there at the time.. I remember playing it but I cant remmeber how solid the game was.. any chance you could fill us/me in once you get your system?

hizaygizirlz

Sure,
I got the system yesterday but only tested (not played a few games).  Ill let you know how the SF game is, but i never played any of the other SF games outside of the SNES one.   From what i have read intially the 3do had 5 button controllers which made some of the fighting games awkward at first.  A bunch of 3rd part six button controllers came w/ mine.  Again ill give a sort of update over the weekend probably on saturday.
Gypsies did it.

Keranu

The 3DO port looks arcade perfect, but I haven't really tried comparing it to the arcade version to see and it plays just as well as any other version. The main difference is the remade music for CD, but I kinda prefered the original music more. Another small disappointment is how the CD track has to change to the faster version when a player's life is running low; this causes the track to stop for awhile leaving silence for a second or few until playing the next track. It's kind of annoying, but it's really not a big deal.
IMG

PCEngineHell

You have to use the start button for a medium attack on the Panasonic pads,no blood,no paralax scrolling,no steel cage dropping on Vegas stage either if I remember right. All these complaints are actually really minor,the game is still a fantastic port,plays perfect if you have  a good pad or arcade stick. The audio is excellent.

Keranu

I didn't know about all of that. I guess this is another one of those "arcade perfect" myths that magazines like to put out. Don't bother me none though.
IMG

ParanoiaDragon

I think I played my Policenaughts on my FZ1, but, I can't remember if I tried saving it.  I still have things to unpack & hook up, including my 3DO's.  I'll eventually try it, if no one else does.
IMG

hizaygizirlz

Got really busy over the weekend and haven't had a chance to update the topic until now.

Most of the games i got from the auction are subpar, i knew that going into it, and i have no worries.

The buyer did give me some games that he had burned in addition to the games in the auction, which i'm sure he didn't list b/c of the piracy issue.  I did get a few gems here that i was looking for in "The Horde" "Night Trap" and "Lucilles Quest"sp?.  In all he gave me about 20 extra games that are burned which was nice.  I'm a collector so i plan on buying the ones i like CIB at some point anyway.

To Answer the Street Fighter question it looks great and sounds fantastic, but i was never really into it aside from the first Street Fighter 2 on SNES and i feel awkward playing w/ any other controller than that one.

Two games that he gave me that i did like were "Twisted the game show" and "Return Fire" those have been pretty fun.

Lastly, My attempts to snipe auctions for games i want have not gone well and the games i haven't needed to snipe i forget to bid on so as far as obtaining what i want thats happening at a snails pace.
Gypsies did it.

CrackTiger

Quote from: "Keranu"I didn't know about all of that. I guess this is another one of those "arcade perfect" myths that magazines like to put out. Don't bother me none though.

"Just know that this is PERFECT. Other magazines are quick to use that word for extremely imperfect ports, like 3DO Super Turbo, for instance, but I can be trusted." -Nick Rox, SFA PSX Review

http://superpcenginegrafx.com/img/gamefanbs4.jpg

"Everything you'll find on this CD is perfect, from the completely arranged-for-this-game-only CD soundtrack to the control and carbon-copy graphics." -Nick Rox, SSFIIT 3DO Preview

http://superpcenginegrafx.com/img/gamefanbs6.jpg

Keranu

Quote from: hizaygizirlzTwo games that he gave me that i did like were "Twisted the game show" and "Return Fire" those have been pretty fun.
I've attempted to buy Twisted The Game Show two times from this video game shop I visit every now and then, but turn it down eventually. It looks really cool, is it worth getting? I believe it was $8.

Quote from: CrackTiger"Just know that this is PERFECT. Other magazines are quick to use that word for extremely imperfect ports, like 3DO Super Turbo, for instance, but I can be trusted." -Nick Rox, SFA PSX Review

IMG

"Everything you'll find on this CD is perfect, from the completely arranged-for-this-game-only CD soundtrack to the control and carbon-copy graphics." -Nick Rox, SSFIIT 3DO Preview

IMG
Right on  8) .
IMG

ParanoiaDragon

Lucienne's Quest rocks, as does Guardian War(not sure if I ever mentioned that one).  And yeah, Return Fire is a classic!  Let's see, out of the games I own, here's what I recomend, ones with the plus's next to them:
Aqua World-Edu
+Ballz-Fighting
+Battlesport-Sports
BC Racers-Racing
+Blade Force-Shooter
+Bust-A-Move-Puzzle
+Cannon Fodder-Action
+Captain Quazar-Adventure
Crash n Burn-Racing
Creature Shock-Adventure
+Cyberdillo-FPS
Defcon 5-FPS
+Dragon Lore-RPG
Dragon Tycoon Edge-RPG
Draxon's Revenge Steller 7-Shooter
Drug Wars-Shooting
+Fifa Soccer-Sports
+Flashback-Adventure
Flying Nightmares-Flight Sim
+Fun 'N' Games-Paint
+Game Guru(for cheating)
+Gex-Action
+Gridders-Puzzle
+Guardian War-RPG
Gunslinger Collection: Mad Dog McGree-Shooting
                                 Mad Dog McGree 2-Shooting
                                 Crime Patrol-Shooting
+The Horde-Strategy/RPG
+++Ice Breaker-Puzzle/Action
Immercenary-FPS
+The Incredible Machine-Puzzle
+Insector War-FPS
Iron Angel of the Apocalypse-FPS
Jammit-Sports
Jurrassic Park-Action
+Kingdom: The Far Reaches-Adventure
+Lost Eden-RPG/Puzzle
+Lucienne's Quest-RPG
Mazer-Action
+The Need for Speed-Driving
+Off World Interceptor-Shooter
+Olympic Soccer-Sports/Soccer
+Out of this World-Adventure
The Perfect General-Strategy
PGA Tour Golf 96-Sports
Phoenix 3-Action
+PO'ed-FPS
+Policenauts-Digital Comic
Quarantine-FPS
+Return Fire-Action
+Return Fire Map's o' Death-Action
Rise of the Robots-Fighting
+Road Rash-Racing
+Sailor Moon-Fighting
Sample This!-Demo
+Samurai Showdown-Fighting
+Scramble Cobra-Shooter
Shockwave Operation-Shooter
Shockwave Operation Jumpgate-Shooter
Shockwave 2-Shooter
+Slam n Jam 95-Sports
+Soccer Kid(I prefer the Jaguar version)-Action
Space Ace-Action
+Space Hulk-FPS
+Star Fighter-Shooter
Star Wars Rebel Assault-Shooter
+Strahl-Adventure
+Syndicate-Strategy/Action
Theater Wars-?
Theme Park-Sim
+Total Eclipse-Shooter
+Trip'd-Puzzle
Twisted-Puzzle
Ultraman Powered-Fighting
VR Stalker-Flight sim
Wicked 18-Sports
Wing Commander III-Adventure
+Wolfenstien 3D-FPS
Zhadnost:The People's Party-Puzzle

Now, just because I put a plus next to them, doesn't mean, you'll like them, or that every game with a + is incredible.  But, these are the games I love on my 3DO, especially Ice Breaker.
IMG

Keranu

Haha, I would recommend Ballz 3D if only for the hilarious title screen. Ice Breaker is incredibly fun.
IMG

hizaygizirlz

QuoteI've attempted to buy Twisted The Game Show two times from this video game shop I visit every now and then, but turn it down eventually. It looks really cool, is it worth getting? I believe it was $8.

A friend of mine that i work w/ always hypes all the games w/ FMV in them so when he came over we played it was really fun.  You basically roll dice and move across the board and secretly choose a mini-game or space hazard for your opponent.  So for $8 its a steal if you have someone who would play it w/ you.  I doubt it would be very fun by itself.

ParanoiaDragon, thanks for putting the genres next to your games that helps me out alot,  Now that i see it on your list cannon fodder was one of the burned games the guy gave me and i like it, i also own it on Jaguar. Looking over your list though you definitely put everything in a good perspective and give me alot to check out. Thanks
Gypsies did it.

ParanoiaDragon

I guess I should add that, games like Strahl & Kingdom the Far Reaches lean more towards digital comic, then adventure.  Basically think of Space Ace or Dragon's Lair, but easier.  Infact, Kingdom gives you menu's to choose where to go.

Also, I'll add that I love the Jaguar version of Cannon Fodder more then the 3DO version.  But when it comes to Wolfenstein, the 3DO version is the best!  Mainly cuz of the remixed music. :D   Oh, & techinically you can call Dragon Lore an FPRPG, since it's 1st person.
IMG

Keranu

Cannon Fodder is fantastic, haven't played the 3DO version yet.
IMG

Dark Fact

Hey guys.  All this talk about 3DO sure takes me back.  The last 3DO game I remember playing was "Guardian War" in a Future Shop in Canada over a decade ago and it rocked! :D

I've also wanted to try out the 3DO for myself in time but it's hard to find places that sell the system.  Even my local Microplay stores don't have a trace of it.

If you guys have an idea where to look and which stores sell them, lemme know. :)
homepage2.nifty.com/tkdate/ysmusic/screen/graphic/Win_CP_THE_LAST.jpg
Sorry, but I don't see your library card on the books of Ys.  Now, RETURN THEM TO ME!!!

Keranu

IMG

Dark Fact

Anywhere else? eBay is sodium chloride to me. :-k
Sorry, but I don't see your library card on the books of Ys.  Now, RETURN THEM TO ME!!!

GUTS

Ebay is the only place unless you want to overpay.  Every site I've seen selling 3D0 still wants stupid high prices for them when you can get most games on ebay for less than $5 apiece.  Guardian war is pretty dope, I remember that and The Horde were my two favorite 3D0 games by far.

Dark Fact

Great, so I have to use eGay. :x  Maybe I'll try looking for the CD-ROM drive instead. :!: