The Analogue Turbo Duo clone shipped in time for Christmas 2023. Are you happy with yours ?? Find firmware updates here.
Main Menu

New around here

Started by MrMarth, 04/13/2017, 01:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrMarth

Hi folks, I just joined this site yesterday. I'm relatively new to PCE/TG16 collecting, as I got a TG16 with Keith Courage a few months back. Also got some Super CD games, but I can't play them as I don't have any of the cd systems. Currently looking to buy a recapped Duo-R for the many amazing Super CD games!
This TV looks like an apple

crazydean

Welcome! I recommend picking up a Turbo Everdrive in the meantime.

MrMarth

Yeah, I've been considering it for a while now, but I heard that the Everdrives are thicker than normal Hucards and mess up the pin connectors. Is that true or is it just bs? Also, do Everdrives have 100% game compatibility?
This TV looks like an apple

crazydean

Quote from: MrMarth on 04/13/2017, 04:45 AMYeah, I've been considering it for a while now, but I heard that the Everdrives are thicker than normal Hucards and mess up the pin connectors. Is that true or is it just bs? Also, do Everdrives have 100% game compatibility?
They are thicker, but there's no damage being done to the pins. AFAIK, there is 100% compatibility for games. Also, you don't need to region mod your system to play PC Engine games on the Everdrive.

NecroPhile

Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Warbucks

NoSexGex

Quote from: MrMarth on 04/13/2017, 04:45 AMI heard that the Everdrives are thicker than norma
If u jam it in and out of your TG16 really fast, your console will know what it's like going to prison. Or what it's like being Shaq's girlfriend

IMG
For a good time, reach out to this wily KKKFarm-crankcaller at (780) 717-9274 or Ryleystuartreynolds@gmail.com up in Alberta, Canada!
His last crank-voicemail: "Gimme a call back when you can. This is Ryley by the way... *giggles*"
He then followed it up with 8 WEEKS of ~DAILY calling! BAN ON SIGHT!!!

NightWolve

That photo sure drives the point of your analogy home...

Bardoly

Welcome to Pcenginefx!