10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

Splatterhouse 3 - Awesome pic!

Started by Kitsunexus, 05/31/2007, 02:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitsunexus

So I was reading the Splatterhouse entry at Hardcore Gaming 101 (Awesome site) and this caught my eye:

QuoteAlso new to the series is the addition of a timer. If you don't clear a level before the time expires, something bad happens, depending on which stage you're on. This affects the ending of the game, as there are four possible endings you can get depending on how fast you clear each floor. The most startling example of this is on stage two. If you don't beat the boss before the time is up, Jennifer becomes a "mindless beast", and is lost to you. The picture of Jen you're presented with is truly startling, especially for the time the game was made.
This intrigued me, unfortunately there was no screenshot. So I fired up Fusion and went to town, and what I was rewarded with, actually kinda delivered,and would be a GREAT album cover. :) If I didn't already have Kewne from Azure Dreams as my avvie, this would DEFINITELY be my avatar:

IMG

Pure pwnage.  8)
Forgive me, my brain is on par with the Bubble System.
THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS RULE!

Keranu

Wow, that pic is pretty badass.
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

NecroPhile

That's a fantastic pic, and the 'before' pic is pretty damn good too.  Unfortunately, I doubt that she sounds as good (funny good) as the "help me" from TG-16's Splatterhouse.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Kitsunexus

http://splatterhouse.classicgaming.gamespy.com/sh3bonus.html <ack the pic was already here, stupid me for ignoring the #1 Splatterhouse resource!  #-o

Quote from: guest on 05/31/2007, 05:59 PMThat's a fantastic pic, and the 'before' pic is pretty damn good too.  Unfortunately, I doubt that she sounds as good (funny good) as the "help me" from TG-16's Splatterhouse.
I've never heard the "Help me" on the TG-16, but I know for a fact it might be the same one in the intro to Splatterhouse 2 on the Genesis...it's SHIT bad. >_<

TR0N

Quote from: Kitsunexus on 05/31/2007, 02:37 PMSo I was reading the Splatterhouse entry at Hardcore Gaming 101 (Awesome site) and this caught my eye:

QuoteAlso new to the series is the addition of a timer. If you don't clear a level before the time expires, something bad happens, depending on which stage you're on. This affects the ending of the game, as there are four possible endings you can get depending on how fast you clear each floor. The most startling example of this is on stage two. If you don't beat the boss before the time is up, Jennifer becomes a "mindless beast", and is lost to you. The picture of Jen you're presented with is truly startling, especially for the time the game was made.
This intrigued me, unfortunately there was no screenshot. So I fired up Fusion and went to town, and what I was rewarded with, actually kinda delivered,and would be a GREAT album cover. :) If I didn't already have Kewne from Azure Dreams as my avvie, this would DEFINITELY be my avatar:

IMG

Pure pwnage.  8)
Kewl i look at that pic and, i think hmmm so that's how women see video games  :roll:
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Kitsunexus

Well videogame-hating women don't have to BECOME mindless beasts, so it's all good.

Dark Fact

For some reason, that pic reminds me of Bram Stoker's Dracula. :shock:
homepage2.nifty.com/tkdate/ysmusic/screen/graphic/Win_CP_THE_LAST.jpg
Sorry, but I don't see your library card on the books of Ys.  Now, RETURN THEM TO ME!!!

TR0N

Quote from: Kitsunexus on 05/31/2007, 09:54 PMWell videogame-hating women don't have to BECOME mindless beasts, so it's all good.
They can be if they don't understand your collection  :wink:
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Kitsunexus

Quote from: Tron on 06/01/2007, 12:18 AM
Quote from: Kitsunexus on 05/31/2007, 09:54 PMWell videogame-hating women don't have to BECOME mindless beasts, so it's all good.
They can be if they don't understand your collection  :wink:
You misunderstood what I meant, I meant that if they hate video games, they already ARE mindless beasts.

Would this make bestiality legal? You decide.

NecroPhile

Quote from: Kitsunexus on 06/01/2007, 12:28 AMWould this make bestiality legal? You decide.
:lol:  Thanks for lowering the bar a little bit more.  :lol:
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Dark Fact

Would this amount to necrophelia afterwards? :P
homepage2.nifty.com/tkdate/ysmusic/screen/graphic/Win_CP_THE_LAST.jpg
Sorry, but I don't see your library card on the books of Ys.  Now, RETURN THEM TO ME!!!