RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

SPARKSTER

Started by MotoRoaderMike, 06/08/2007, 09:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MotoRoaderMike

IMG

Here we have a rare treasure for the Super Nintendo released in 1994. Sparkster is a great game. And I had to scout all over the net to find a copy of it! And it's mad fun and exciting. The music is awesome too. One of the best platformers Konami has ever produced, and a rare treasure on the SNES.
/forumsiggs6.jpg
Dragon's Lair appreciation. Again.

Turbo D

Ya, sparkster is a great game. I remember renting it when I was younger, haha. Ahh, good times  :)
Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

grahf

I added this to my collection a few weeks ago. I find the control scheme REALLy annoying, but there is a cool game underneith.

Tatsujin

cool game, on MD as well as SFC. and what you mean with "rare"?
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

MotoRoaderMike

Quote from: Tatsujin on 06/09/2007, 12:35 AMcool game, on MD as well as SFC. and what you men with "rare"?
I looked ALL OVER the web just to find a copy of it!
/forumsiggs6.jpg

Kitsunexus

Great game. It could have been a VERY successful and popular Saturday morning cartoon.

Here's hoping he's in the new Smash Brothers! :)
Forgive me, my brain is on par with the Bubble System.
THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS RULE!

Seldane

Is it related to Rocket Knight Adventures for Mega Drive? I've always wondered this, but never cared enough to find out.
Quote from: Seldane on 04/21/2007, 07:28 PMDVDs are for suckers. Illegally pirated and stolen videos all the way. No menus. No "DO NOT PIRATE THIS!" screens. No fuss. Only perfection. I honestly only pirate movies because that "don't pirate this" screen annoys me. :wink:
IMG
Indeed, it's AV time. Check out: IMG! Sir, the door was open.

Tatsujin

yes it is. it's kind of sequel.
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Kitsunexus

Yeah, it's a pseudo sequel.

There is a "Sparkster" on the SNES and there is "Sparkster" on the Genesis. These are completely different, with the SNES being better in almost every possible way.

MotoRoaderMike

Quote from: Kitsunexus on 06/09/2007, 01:16 PMYeah, it's a pseudo sequel.

There is a "Sparkster" on the SNES and there is "Sparkster" on the Genesis. These are completely different, with the SNES being better in almost every possible way.
So true.
/forumsiggs6.jpg

Dark Fact

The main character on the box does resemble Rocket Knight somewhat and the first thing that popped into my head was that game on the Genesis.

Is it really a sequel or pseudo-sequel as you say?
homepage2.nifty.com/tkdate/ysmusic/screen/graphic/Win_CP_THE_LAST.jpg
Sorry, but I don't see your library card on the books of Ys.  Now, RETURN THEM TO ME!!!

Tatsujin

in fact it is a real sequel, but with a complete different story, but who cares in a jump'n shoot game like this one. altough the SFC version looks superior in graphical aspects, the MD version isn't that much bad compared. i believe it was the first game konami brought on to the MD after the nintendos only longterm contract was out of date. njoyed both of them a lot.

Kitsunexus

Quote from: Tatsujin on 06/12/2007, 02:16 AMin fact it is a real sequel, but with a complete different story
You contradicted yourself there, buddy. If it's a sequel, it's a continuation of the storyline. Gameplay be damned, if the game does not carry on the story it's a spin-off or pseudo-sequel.

The SFC version has better level design, way better music (Konami pulled out all the stops, even including the signature Konami sample set), and some of the best graphics to grace the SNES.

To it's credit, the Genesis game isn't BAD by any means, and it has slightly better bosses, but honestly you'd get much more enjoyment out of the SNES version.

Seldane

So Final Fantasy 2-12 are not sequels? They all feature completely different story lines. :o
Quote from: Seldane on 04/21/2007, 07:28 PMDVDs are for suckers. Illegally pirated and stolen videos all the way. No menus. No "DO NOT PIRATE THIS!" screens. No fuss. Only perfection. I honestly only pirate movies because that "don't pirate this" screen annoys me. :wink:
IMG

Kitsunexus

Quote from: Seldane on 06/12/2007, 03:01 PMSo Final Fantasy 2-12 are not sequels? They all feature completely different story lines. :o
Of course their not sequels. They've even said "X-2 is the first real sequel".

Plus any FF after 9 is automatically BULLSHIT anyway.

Seldane

Correction: FFXII is 90% perfection.
IMG

Kitsunexus

Quote from: Seldane on 06/12/2007, 03:13 PMCorrection: FFXII is 90% perfection.
And it's like 90% movie too.  Fuck this cinematic shit. If I wanted to WATCH a Final Fantasy, I'd go buy Advent Children...  :roll:

Seldane

The videos make the game. :wink:
IMG

guyjin

then it's not much of a game, is it?

GUTS

Wait until you get to the halfway point of FFXII, the plot loses all it's steam and falls apart.  Awesome game up until the 25 hour mark though.

CrackTiger

Quote from: Kitsunexus on 06/12/2007, 02:48 PM
Quote from: Tatsujin on 06/12/2007, 02:16 AMin fact it is a real sequel, but with a complete different story
You contradicted yourself there, buddy. If it's a sequel, it's a continuation of the storyline. Gameplay be damned, if the game does not carry on the story it's a spin-off or pseudo-sequel.
Then nearly all video game sequels aren't sequels.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Kitsunexus

Quote from: guest on 06/12/2007, 06:51 PM
Quote from: Kitsunexus on 06/12/2007, 02:48 PM
Then nearly all video game sequels aren't sequels.
You catch on fast.

Tatsujin

Quote from: Kitsunexus on 06/12/2007, 02:48 PMbut honestly you'd get much more enjoyment out of the SNES version.
honestly, the best enjoyment you'd get with both of them =)

Kitsunexus

Quote from: Tatsujin on 06/12/2007, 08:08 PM
Quote from: Kitsunexus on 06/12/2007, 02:48 PMbut honestly you'd get much more enjoyment out of the SNES version.
No! SNES AND GENESIS CLASH!

Tatsujin

Quote from: Kitsunexus on 06/12/2007, 08:44 PM
Quote from: Tatsujin on 06/12/2007, 08:08 PM
No! SNES AND GENESIS CLASH!
that may be the cause of your country's race clashs. for god's sake, I never had a SNES and/or a GENESIS  :D

Kitsunexus