RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

Multiplayer Shooters

Started by Seldane, 06/10/2007, 10:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seldane

Hey doods, I'm looking for multiplayer shooters for the Saturn, Mega Drive, PS1/PS2, Gamecube and SNES (any region) where you can play two players (simultaneously). It doesn't have to be great. I want a big list. :wink:
Quote from: Seldane on 04/21/2007, 07:28 PMDVDs are for suckers. Illegally pirated and stolen videos all the way. No menus. No "DO NOT PIRATE THIS!" screens. No fuss. Only perfection. I honestly only pirate movies because that "don't pirate this" screen annoys me. :wink:
IMG
Indeed, it's AV time. Check out: IMG! Sir, the door was open.

Kitsunexus

I would definitely recommend with my highest honor Red Faction 2 for Gamecube. The single-player is generic and boring but damn, the multiplayer is AWESOME.
Forgive me, my brain is on par with the Bubble System.
THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS RULE!

guyjin

Me and my brother liked Darius twin for the SNES back in the day. Also Darius gaiden for the Saturn.

Kitsunexus

Oh, you meant SHMUPS? Silly me. Get Ikaruga for Gamecube, the challenge INCREASES in 2-player mode.

Seldane

Darius Twin is too hard. :o
Quote from: Seldane on 04/21/2007, 07:28 PMDVDs are for suckers. Illegally pirated and stolen videos all the way. No menus. No "DO NOT PIRATE THIS!" screens. No fuss. Only perfection. I honestly only pirate movies because that "don't pirate this" screen annoys me. :wink:
IMG

Kitsunexus

Quote from: Seldane on 06/12/2007, 10:32 AMDarius Twin is too hard. :o
Ikaruga will make you cry.

Seldane

No it won't, because I won't play it. :wink: Too hard of a shooter for me. I prefer classic type shooters (slow gameplay, few things on screen at once), rather than those with thousands of bullets on screen at once. They make me cry indeed.
IMG

Kitsunexus

Quote from: Seldane on 06/12/2007, 02:54 PMNo it won't, because I won't play it. :wink: Too hard of a shooter for me. I prefer classic type shooters (slow gameplay, few things on screen at once), rather than those with thousands of bullets on screen at once. They make me cry indeed.
Check out R-Type Final and Gradius V then. They're old-school style, really great, the last of their respective series, and I believe they have multiplayer (don't quote me on that though because I've never played them).

Seldane

I might give the R-type one a try, although I've never been a fan of the R-type games either... they too have been too hard for me. :P I have Gradius 5 though, and it positively ROCKS! No multiplayer mode though. :(
IMG

Hobo Xiphas

Quote from: Kitsunexus on 06/12/2007, 02:42 PMIkaruga will make you cry.
Ikaruga is easy if you aren't playing for score.  If you are playing for score, then yes, it is difficult.

guyjin

Easy multiplayer shooters?

Hmm...

Hmm...

Umm...
I think you're boned.

Seldane

Doesn't have to be easy as long as it is multiplayer.
IMG

Keranu

Forgotten Worlds for Genesis, you get infinite continues on two player mode.
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

Kitsunexus

Quote from: Keranu on 06/12/2007, 05:00 PMForgotten Worlds for Genesis, you get infinite continues on two player mode.
That game is so stupid, big oily bodybuilder on a Hiller's Flying Platform shooting stuff with a machinegun...  :lol:

nat

Quote from: Seldane on 06/12/2007, 04:36 PMDoesn't have to be easy as long as it is multiplayer.
So you can let your companion do all the dirty work? :)

Keranu

Quote from: Kitsunexus on 06/12/2007, 05:33 PM
Quote from: Keranu on 06/12/2007, 05:00 PMForgotten Worlds for Genesis, you get infinite continues on two player mode.
That game is so stupid, big oily bodybuilder on a Hiller's Flying Platform shooting stuff with a machinegun...  :lol:
Exactly, that's what makes it so jawesome!
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG

CrackTiger

What if they were big fury werewolves on a Hiller's Flying Platform shooting stuff with a machinegun?
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Kitsunexus

Quote from: guest on 06/12/2007, 06:49 PM
What if they were big fury werewolves on a Hiller's Flying Platform shooting stuff with a machinegun?
I hate Altered Beast as well so it'd make no difference to me.

nat

Altered Beast kicks ass.

Kitsunexus

Quote from: nat on 06/12/2007, 08:27 PMAltered Beast kicks ass.
Yeah, until you beat it. And then it's rendered unplayable. ¬_¬

Keranu

Altered Beast will never grow old to me!
IMG

Hobo Xiphas

Quote from: Kitsunexus on 06/12/2007, 08:44 PMYeah, until you beat it. And then it's rendered unplayable. ¬_¬
I never grow tired of Altered Beast, it is awesome.  The first two levels are always fun, the later levels just don't compare!

Turbo D

Altered beast is bad ass  8)
Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

jimid2

Quote from: turbo D on 06/13/2007, 06:02 AMAltered beast is bad ass  8)
You're half right... and either half will suffice...    :mrgreen:

Anyway, I know it's on the Turbo, but Aero Blasters is a great two person Shmup... A buddy of mine and I put many, many hours into beating that one back in the day™

nat

Quote from: turbo D on 06/13/2007, 06:02 AMAltered beast is bad ass  8)
I prefer the Turbo cart over all other versions. Except maybe the arcade.