@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

Best MVS one slot

Started by SignOfZeta, 06/30/2007, 08:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SignOfZeta

OK nerds, what is the best one slot MVS that is compact, and compatible with the new SNKP carts that supposedly won't play on the old stuff?

Since I no longer have a roommate with an arcade machine, its time I bought my own MVS. I'd like it to be compatible with the memory card, but its not a deal breaker. I'd prefer one of the newer compact boards, and I'd like it to not be very expensive.
IMG

PCEngineHell

MV-1C I think will run every cart and doesn't have issues with Burning Fights audio. Its the most compact. No mem card support however. The most ideal would be a 2-Slot,but its much larger.

TR0N

MV-1C still there not easy to consolized. Unless your realy skilled or just run it through a supergun instead.

Lack of memory card reader does suck but if you put a, Unibios in that who needs one.

My 2-slot lacks a memory card reader, but with unibios in it i'm much pretty much set any ways.

If ya need a any more mvs info try here http://www.hardmvs.com
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

SignOfZeta

Quote from: <TRON> on 06/30/2007, 11:21 PMMV-1C still there not easy to consolized. Unless your realy skilled or just run it through a supergun instead.

Lack of memory card reader does suck but if you put a, Unibios in that who needs one.

My 2-slot lacks a memory card reader, but with unibios in it i'm much pretty much set any ways.

I'd be using a super gun, but I'm curious as to why it would be hard to consolize. Also, how does the UniBIOS make memory cards less important? I remember a friend of mine a long time ago that had some sort of hack for his AES that gave every game a special soft dip menu to turn on boss characters and stuff. Is it like that?
IMG

TR0N

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 07/01/2007, 01:11 AM
Quote from: <TRON> on 06/30/2007, 11:21 PMMV-1C still there not easy to consolized. Unless your realy skilled or just run it through a supergun instead.

I'd be using a super gun, but I'm curious as to why it would be hard to consolize. Also, how does the UniBIOS make memory cards less important? I remember a friend of mine a long time ago that had some sort of hack for his AES that gave every game a special soft dip menu to turn on boss characters and stuff. Is it like that?
Unibios gives alot of options such change to any region you want.

It can cheat like a action replay it also does a ram check on the cart, and there is a juxbox box mode wich is a sound test.

More here if ya wanna know about it http://www.universebios.com

As for conslizing a MV-1C most of herd since it's bios is not socketed and, it can be a pain to replace it with a unibios.

Pretty much i don't see the big deal in memorys cards for the neogeo. All it does is save your place in the game no score.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

SignOfZeta

Quote from: <TRON>Pretty much i don't see the big deal in memorys cards for the neogeo. All it does is save your place in the game no score.
Yeah but when you want see all the endings in a KOF game, its pretty nice to be saved at the final boss rather than having to play the game straight from the begining every time. I suppose the Unibios's cheat functions would substitute.

The Unibios looks cool, especially the "true versus mode" mentioned on their page. I always thought it was annoying that something like that wasn't usually (ever?) in an MVS game, where as Capcom stuff often had "Event Mode", or whatever which would give you a real console style versus mode.

I suppose I'll probably get the MV-1C and end up soldering in the Unibios. It doesn't look fun, but I've had worse.
IMG

PCEngineHell

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 07/01/2007, 02:34 AM
Quote from: <TRON>Pretty much i don't see the big deal in memorys cards for the neogeo. All it does is save your place in the game no score.
Yeah but when you want see all the endings in a KOF game, its pretty nice to be saved at the final boss rather than having to play the game straight from the begining every time. I suppose the Unibios's cheat functions would substitute.

The Unibios looks cool, especially the "true versus mode" mentioned on their page. I always thought it was annoying that something like that wasn't usually (ever?) in an MVS game, where as Capcom stuff often had "Event Mode", or whatever which would give you a real console style versus mode.

I suppose I'll probably get the MV-1C and end up soldering in the Unibios. It doesn't look fun, but I've had worse.
You should hit the Neo-geo.com forums. See if you can get one already modded with the bios. It would save you alot of headache. You also have to mod the MV-1C for stereo audio,it does not come out naturally. Really the most hassle free units are the first two 1-slots,and the 2-slot if you want to do some kinda memory card support,have stereo audio,and socketed bios and AES controller ports. The 4 and 6-slots can be a mess,they break down alot.