RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

Time Gal!

Started by MotoRoaderMike, 07/11/2007, 03:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MotoRoaderMike

Time Gal was originally an arcade game released by Taito in 1985 in Japan only. It was one of them laser-disc based arcade games, ala Dragon's Lair and Space Ace. It's only North American release was on the Sega CD in 1993. It was also re-issued on the Sega Saturn in 1997 in a two pack with another laser disc/FMV game by Taito called "Ninja Hayate". The game is really fun, and that chick in the game is hot. :D Recently picked up the Saturn one. Great find. Also has some promotional and production artwork in the manual.
/forumsiggs6.jpg
Dragon's Lair appreciation. Again.

NecroPhile

It was also released on the LaserActive and on the PlayStation (double feature similar to the Saturn).  I haven't played any of 'em, but hope to someday.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Ninja Spirit

I got the Sega CD one and somehow mysteriously disappeared around my room.

Found some vids of it on YouTube

Kitsunexus

Interstellar Laser Fantasy
Forgive me, my brain is on par with the Bubble System.
THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS RULE!

SignOfZeta

Quote from: guest on 07/11/2007, 03:33 PMIt was also released on the LaserActive and on the PlayStation (double feature similar to the Saturn).  I haven't played any of 'em, but hope to someday.
Laseractive? I didn't no that. Does it run from the PC Engine module, or the Mega Drive?

Time Gal is in Shikigami no Shiro III. Its true!
IMG

MotoRoaderMike

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 07/11/2007, 06:17 PM
Quote from: guest on 07/11/2007, 03:33 PMIt was also released on the LaserActive and on the PlayStation (double feature similar to the Saturn).  I haven't played any of 'em, but hope to someday.
Laseractive? I didn't no that. Does it run from the PC Engine module, or the Mega Drive?

What the heck is that?
/forumsiggs6.jpg
Dragon's Lair appreciation. Again.

Kitsunexus

The Mega Drive module. It IS a port of a SEGA CD game, after all.

Joe Redifer

Didn't care much for Time Gal on the Sega CD.  The Saturn version just HAS to be better.

SignOfZeta

Its a bullet hell shooter from Alfa system. Part one was sold in the US  as Mobile Light Force 2, with one of the worst fucking US covers in history. (Mobile Light Force 1 was actually Gunbird) The 2nd SnS was sold as Castle Shikigami 2 in the US. Part 3 has never been sold in the US (I think). Its Arcade, and Windows only for some reason.

I quite like the second game. I recommend the DC version.
IMG

Joe Redifer

I've played the GC version of one of those.  Pretty decent.

Ninja Spirit

Just found this, Konami had an Interactive animated game too, a year before Time Gal came out

BADLANDS

TR0N

Quote from: Tone on 07/11/2007, 10:45 PMJust found this, Konami had an Interactive animated game too, a year before Time Gal came out

BADLANDS
Is it me or does the animation in it look like it was done, by the same people who made the cartoon M.A.S.K  :-s
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

SignOfZeta

To me it looks like most of all the US/Japan co-ventures at the time.
IMG

NecroPhile

Quote from: Kitsunexus on 07/11/2007, 07:17 PMThe Mega Drive module. It IS a port of a SEGA CD game, after all.
It is for the Mega Drive module, but it is not a port of the SegaCD game.  Like MRM stated, Time Gal was originally an arcade game, and the LA version uses the much, much, much higher quality video of the original and not the low brow crap from the SegaCD (comparison video).
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

SignOfZeta

Yeah, it wouldn't make any sense to port it from Sega CD. The CD version has all digital video, and the LD one analogue, making %99.99 of all the data on the CD useless.
IMG

Kitsunexus

Quote from: guest on 07/12/2007, 10:37 AM
Quote from: Kitsunexus on 07/11/2007, 07:17 PMThe Mega Drive module. It IS a port of a SEGA CD game, after all.
It is for the Mega Drive module, but it is not a port of the SegaCD game.  Like MRM stated, Time Gal was originally an arcade game, and the LA version uses the much, much, much higher quality video of the original and not the low brow crap from the SegaCD (comparison video).
Meh, port, version, it makes no difference when it's midnight and your eye is hanging out of your socket.