The Analogue Turbo Duo clone shipped in time for Christmas 2023. Are you happy with yours ?? Find firmware updates here.
Main Menu

Your Daily Dose of Gaming.

Started by Ninja Spirit, 07/15/2005, 01:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrackTiger

Quote from: "rolins"@Black_Tiger

First, make sure you put the system roms in the same folder with the Win68k app.

Loading games in Win68k ain't difficult. If the game is on a single disk then load it in FDD0. Then goto File --> Restart

If the game is on more than 2 disks. Load the first disk in FDD0 and the second disk in FDD1. Then goto File --> Restart. Thats should get things going.

How do you run a 5 disk game like SFII?
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

esteban

There are many reasons to love X68000. Here is one of them.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

rolins

Quote from: "CrackTiger"
Quote from: "rolins"@CrackTiger

First, make sure you put the system roms in the same folder with the Win68k app.

Loading games in Win68k ain't difficult. If the game is on a single disk then load it in FDD0. Then goto File --> Restart

If the game is on more than 2 disks. Load the first disk in FDD0 and the second disk in FDD1. Then goto File --> Restart. Thats should get things going.

Those multiple disk can be annoying, most times you'll have to figure them out thru trial and error.

To load Street Fighter II...
1.) Goto Options --> "The amount of MainMemory in SRAM" and set value to 10 Mbytes.
2.) Place FDD0 [Disk0] and FDD1 [Disk1]; File-->Restart.
3.)Wait for the prompt that says "Disk 2..." then place FDD1 [Disk2].
4.)Wait again and the prompt should say "Disk3..." then place FDD1 [Disk3]. The game should load after that.

PC Gaijin

Just finished a bunch of games.

Tales of Symphonia GC - the worst story and characters I have seen in an RPG in a very long time. Gameplay is decent, I like the combat system and there's lots of other neat ideas in the game, but the story is so awful it drags the entire game down.

Killer 7 GC - terrific visual style, horrible on-rails gameplay. Glad I rented.

Star Fox Assault - oh what the hell happened here...Star Fox 64 was one of my favorite N64 games, but Nintendo had to go and loan out the franchise to Namco. When this was announced long ago I think the word was that the Ace Combat team was doing it. Sounded good, but then this abomination comes out. The Arwing segments are good...but you spend most of your time on foot or in the Landmaster, which is crap (especially the on foot parts). Again, glad I rented this instead of buying.

The Bouncer - yeah, feel free to laugh. I wanted to judge this one for myself and it was indeed a poor game. Terrific real-time cutscenes and a good engine overall considering when it came out, but terrible story and mediocre gameplay. I don't expect beat-em-ups to last hours and hours, but this one can be cleared in slightly over an hour, of which 80% is cutscenes rather than gameplay. Rental again.

Klonoa Lunatea's Veil - I thought I'd like this one more than I did since it reviewed highly. I played one of the GBA games a few years back and wasn't impressed. The PS2 game has similar gameplay. I normally like 2.5D platformers, and this one is certainly very pretty, but the gameplay is just boring. The worst thing is that Namco stuffed a story between every level that slows everything down tremendously. And the characters all talk in a chirping pseudo-language that you can't skip... :x Yep, another rental.

Lot of clunkers for me lately. I really hope Final Fantasy XII turns out well. I haven't anticipated a game as much as that one in a long time.

CrackTiger

Quote from: "rolins"
Quote from: CrackTiger
Quote from: "rolins"@Black_Tiger

Those multiple disk can be annoying, most times you'll have to figure them out thru trial and error.

To load Street Fighter II...
1.) Goto Options --> "The amount of MainMemory in SRAM" and set value to 10 Mbytes.
2.) Place FDD0 [Disk0] and FDD1 [Disk1]; File-->Restart.
3.)Wait for the prompt that says "Disk 2..." then place FDD1 [Disk2].
4.)Wait again and the prompt should say "Disk3..." then place FDD1 [Disk3]. The game should load after that.

Awesome thanks a lot, I finally got it working. Before I only got like one of the Ys games working.

How the hell did you figure that out?

SFII'CE looks pretty much identical, except for some slightly different colors and possibly a lower resolution. The sfx are a lot less perfect and the sound sways back and forth between arcade and PCE sounding.

Do you know what button captures a screenshot?
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Seldane

Quote from: "CrackTiger"Do you know what button captures a screenshot?

Alt+print screen.  :wink:
Quote from: Seldane on 04/21/2007, 07:28 PMDVDs are for suckers. Illegally pirated and stolen videos all the way. No menus. No "DO NOT PIRATE THIS!" screens. No fuss. Only perfection. I honestly only pirate movies because that "don't pirate this" screen annoys me. :wink:
IMG
Indeed, it's AV time. Check out: IMG! Sir, the door was open.

rolins

Quote from: "CrackTiger"Awesome thanks a lot, I finally got it working. Before I only got like one of the Ys games working.

How the hell did you figure that out?
I ran into the same problems before, and I've solved most of them thru trial and error. I heard the best way around mulitple disks is to make a HDD image and dump the floppy contents into that. I don't know how to do this though, so if you if find out let me know.

QuoteDo you know what button captures a screenshot?
As Seldane mentioned earlier Alt + Print Screen is the only way.

TR0N

Neo Geo
League Bowling
Top Hunter

DC
RE3 i was in the mood a for a RE game again.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

rolins

After watching some youtube vids they got me playing some of my old favorites.

Sega Genesis:
Fire Shark
Streets of Rage 2

MSX:
Aleste 2
Parodius

Keranu

Quote from: "rolins"Sega Genesis:
Fire Shark
Streets of Rage 2
Dude you were totally watching Kamino's videos weren't you :D ? Kamino is a friend of mine whom I've met a couple of times; he's a psycho path :lol: .
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

rolins

@Keranu

Yup, his videos got playing the genesis again.

Psychopath? I guess, he sure is half-drunk in most of his videos.  :D

Keranu

Kamino has deep hatred for NES, platform games, and woman and has HUGE pride of living in the state of Wisconsin.
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG

rolins

Quote from: "Keranu"Kamino has deep hatred for NES, platform games, and woman and has HUGE pride of living in the state of Wisconsin.
I understand the animosity toward Nes, but why platform games?
Platformers is the one genre that anyone can agree on.

Keranu

Quote from: "rolins"I understand the animosity toward Nes, but why platform games? Platformers is the one genre that anyone can agree on.
I really wish I knew the answer for that :\ .
IMG

CrackTiger

Quote from: rolins on 11/03/2006, 01:53 AM
Quote from: KeranuKamino has deep hatred for NES, platform games, and woman and has HUGE pride of living in the state of Wisconsin.
I understand the animosity toward Nes, but why platform games?
Platformers is the one genre that anyone can agree on.
Can you explain the animosity towards NES for me then?

It makes more sense to hate on a genre then an entire console. I don't like nearly all Sports games and don't play mahjong, but I don't really hate any particular video game system.

Keranu

Quote from: guest on 11/05/2006, 05:21 PMCan you explain the animosity towards NES for me then?

It makes more sense to hate on a genre then an entire console. I don't like nearly all Sports games and don't play mahjong, but I don't really hate any particular video game system.
Haha, I'm not really sure why he doesn't like it, but to me it seems like it's some kind of "cult fad" these days to not like NES, which I think is crazy. As funny as this sounds, I think the reason why he says he hates NES is because he liked Genesis and TG16 much more when he got into those, at least that's sort of what he told me once. I also think it's because he doesn't think the shooters for NES are any good and since he's a big fan of shmups, he uses it for a reason to hate NES. He's a hilarious yet insane and sick man, his website is proof of that :D .
IMG

TR0N

Quote from: Keranu on 11/05/2006, 07:10 PM
Quote from: guest on 11/05/2006, 05:21 PMCan you explain the animosity towards NES for me then?

Haha, I'm not really sure why he doesn't like it, but to me it seems like it's some kind of "cult fad" these days to not like NES, which I think is crazy. As funny as this sounds, I think the reason why he says he hates NES is because he liked Genesis and TG16 much more when he got into those, at least that's sort of what he told me once. I also think it's because he doesn't think the shooters for NES are any good and since he's a big fan of shmups, he uses it for a reason to hate NES. He's a hilarious yet insane and sick man, his website is proof of that :D .
Hmm i wounder if he's a fanboy for another console.

Given how he rants that, NES doesn't work right ture it's connector pins suck but man  #-o

Any ways that part can be replace with np.

Still i don't have to worry about since i have a famicom av.

As for it's shooters being too slow wtf... i don't remember any thing by, Compile with that problem either.
IMG

elnino

Quote from: Keranu on 11/05/2006, 07:10 PMhe uses it for a reason to hate NES.
If I hated a specific console I certainly wouldn't buy 193 games for it. :lol:
www.pcedaisakusen.net
People said his brain was infected by devils!
PCE Shmupscountown: 109/110 (1to go)
PCエンジン - シューティングゲーム読み秒:109/110個 (1個余る)

Tatsujin

Quote from: elnino on 11/06/2006, 12:21 PM
Quote from: Keranu on 11/05/2006, 07:10 PMhe uses it for a reason to hate NES.
If I hated a specific console I certainly wouldn't buy 193 games for it. :lol:
how you just can say?! may be he just likes the games on it but not the system itself. remember the PS1 era, everybody hated this fugly box in ugly grey, but everybody purchased it as well! the reason why was some several really splendid and essential stuff which was released on. :-"
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Keranu

Quote from: Tatsujin on 11/08/2006, 01:26 AMhow you just can say?! may be he just likes the games on it but not the system itself. remember the PS1 era, everybody hated this fugly box in ugly grey, but everybody purchased it as well! the reason why was some several really splendid and essential stuff which was released on. :-"
He was referring to the game page on Kamino's site http://www.templeofinsanity.com/gameslist.htm . I like to tease Kamino about that.
IMG

TR0N

GC
Metroid Prime 2 Echos

Famicom
Green Beret
Almana No Kiseki:Note if any body wounders what that game is about, NinjaSpirit has a video of it
and... here's a review of it as well http://www.atarihq.com/tsr/fds/almana.html
IMG

Digi.k

sooo getting hooked on Silhouette mirage (saturn version) and getting better at it.

Keranu

Quote from: Tron on 11/14/2006, 12:33 AMFamicom
Green Beret
Green Beret kicks ass, but I prefer Rush n' Attack.  8)
IMG

TR0N

Quote from: Keranu on 11/14/2006, 10:52 PM
Quote from: Tron on 11/14/2006, 12:33 AMFamicom
Green Beret
Green Beret kicks ass, but I prefer Rush n' Attack.  8)
Well there is a advantage on, Green Beret for the FDS it's much easier... then the NES version.

More weapon drops in GB compare to RA.

Plus it has some hidden passege way on some levels for a shortcut.
IMG

CrackTiger

Just to sound like a total loser (by lazer dork standards), I'll admit that in my limited amount of free time recently, I've pretty much only been playing Phantasy Star Universe 360 broken up by multiplayer Gears Of War.  :oops:

esteban

Quote from: guest on 11/16/2006, 05:43 PMJust to sound like a total loser (by lazer dork standards), I'll admit that in my limited amount of free time recently, I've pretty much only been playing Phantasy Star Universe 360 broken up by multiplayer Gears Of War.  :oops:
No, you're hardcore compared to me: I've been playing Scrabble Blast on my cell phone. Exclusively. For the last 2+ months. That's it. :)

Of course, I haven't unpacked yet. That's the only reason I've even wasted my time with cellular / mobile / whatever games.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Keranu

IMG

TR0N

Quote from: guest on 11/16/2006, 05:43 PMJust to sound like a total loser (by lazer dork standards), I'll admit that in my limited amount of free time recently, I've pretty much only been playing Phantasy Star Universe 360 broken up by multiplayer Gears Of War.  :oops:
No shame in that i just pick up PSU for my PS2 a while ago.

Still it will be a while befor i can play it online.

Meaning i need a router,keyboard and a credit card  :oops:
IMG

TR0N

PS2
Lupin The III Treasure of the Sorcerer King.

I'm a fan of the serise so i'd thought i'd give it go.

It's no MGS but for $7.00 it's not bad so far.
IMG

Digi.k

After deciding that the PS3 is not worth it right now I plunged into the xbox 360 world.. and currently playing Phantasy Star Universe on there..  One thing I hate about 360 is sudden jolt or tilt of the machine while a disc inside is spinning makes it sound like the disc has gone loose and bouncing around, then you got one badly scratched disc as I found out the hard way.. so no pets or young kids near it please!!

CrackTiger

Quote from: Digi.k on 11/24/2006, 11:45 PMAfter deciding that the PS3 is not worth it right now I plunged into the xbox 360 world.. and currently playing Phantasy Star Universe on there..  One thing I hate about 360 is sudden jolt or tilt of the machine while a disc inside is spinning makes it sound like the disc has gone loose and bouncing around, then you got one badly scratched disc as I found out the hard way.. so no pets or young kids near it please!!
Ever since the 360 came out, I've heard stories about scratched discs. But it never happened to me, until recently...

After I got my new LCD TV, I stood my 360 in the upright position behind the TV so I could fit both on the stand I was using. A week or so later and PSU started crashing whenever I tried to load specific areas of the game.

It took me a while to narrow it down, but my game disc was actually severely scratched, in a ring pattern near the outer edge. I was releived that I didn't need a new system, after discovering that the 360 only has a 30 day warranty.

Luckily, PSU was the only game that got scratched(I'd been playing only it and GoW). I took the disc to a local game rental store(Ground Zero) that does disc resurfacing.

They use a large machine and not one of those ripp-off Game Doctor things. They gave my the disc back in a few minutes looking better than new and it plays fine now.

Needles to say, my 360 went back to the flat position and my Wii will never be played upright(once I get one).

rolins

FM-Towns:
Alltynex - fantastic doujin shooter by Siter Skain. I really dig everything about the game: graphics, music, and especially the weaponry system. It's cool being able to switch from airplane to robot, and go into a melee attack.
Image Fight - Christ, it's just as unforgiving as the the arcade, but decent gameplay. Not much of must-play here, but what I truely hate about this port is the tate-destorying mode. It's has one of those screens where it can be scrolled up or down in relation to the player's position. Those are so annoying because you tend to get blind sided by enemies who can see you and you can't see them. Until you move up the screen where the enemy can fire at you point blank, and sometimes it too late to dodge.

Digi.k

Quote from: guest on 11/29/2006, 07:17 PMEver since the 360 came out, I've heard stories about scratched discs. But it never happened to me, until recently...

Needles to say, my 360 went back to the flat position and my Wii will never be played upright(once I get one).
Yea friends told me beforehand never stand the 360 upright.

rolins

FM-Towns
Marble Madness - Awesome conversion and the soundtrack is great. I'm really terrible at this game, I can't get past the 2nd stage without dying several times. I'm getting the hang of this game though, it's quite addictive. I wish I could get my mouse ball to work properly b/c I'm stuck using the arrow keys.

PC Windows
Kamui - Great Raystorm clone. Beating this game once is not enough, I want to keep playing it again and again.

PC-Engine
Spriggan

PCEngineHell

Quote from: guest on 11/29/2006, 07:17 PM
Quote from: Digi.k on 11/24/2006, 11:45 PMAfter deciding that the PS3 is not worth it right now I plunged into the xbox 360 world.. and currently playing Phantasy Star Universe on there..  One thing I hate about 360 is sudden jolt or tilt of the machine while a disc inside is spinning makes it sound like the disc has gone loose and bouncing around, then you got one badly scratched disc as I found out the hard way.. so no pets or young kids near it please!!
Ever since the 360 came out, I've heard stories about scratched discs. But it never happened to me, until recently...

After I got my new LCD TV, I stood my 360 in the upright position behind the TV so I could fit both on the stand I was using. A week or so later and PSU started crashing whenever I tried to load specific areas of the game.

It took me a while to narrow it down, but my game disc was actually severely scratched, in a ring pattern near the outer edge. I was releived that I didn't need a new system, after discovering that the 360 only has a 30 day warranty.

Luckily, PSU was the only game that got scratched(I'd been playing only it and GoW). I took the disc to a local game rental store(Ground Zero) that does disc resurfacing.

They use a large machine and not one of those ripp-off Game Doctor things. They gave my the disc back in a few minutes looking better than new and it plays fine now.

Yea I never tilt disc based drives upright. Could scratch disc,and its not good for the laser eye because it has to fight with gravity more then usual.

Joe Redifer

Tried to play Daytona on the Dreamcast, but the disc has decided it doesn't want to load any more.  Phuggin' Dreamcast. 

Then I played the first 5 minutes or so of Shenmue 2 on my Xbox360.

TR0N

GC
Custom Robo
Bomberman Jetters

I know i'll be playing those for a while untile... my copy of zelda tlp get's here.
IMG

Keranu

Quote from: Tron on 12/17/2006, 01:58 AMBomberman Jetters
I bought this game my little bro's birthday two or three years ago, I didn't find it very good though. Some of the stages on multiplayer mode were fun, but single player was really dull in my opinon, but hey Bomberman isn't designed for single player! :)
IMG

TR0N

Quote from: Keranu on 12/17/2006, 04:30 AM
Quote from: Tron on 12/17/2006, 01:58 AMBomberman Jetters
I bought this game my little bro's birthday two or three years ago, I didn't find it very good though. Some of the stages on multiplayer mode were fun, but single player was really dull in my opinon, but hey Bomberman isn't designed for single player! :)
Yeah single player on it isn't special it's just like bomberman generations.

Multiplayer is where it's at as well for bomberman jetters.

I picked it up last month over at ciruit city for $14.95 so when i have, friends over i can have a good vs match.

Pretty much finshing single player... is for unlocking extra characters in multiplayer mode.
IMG

TR0N

Bump!

Was playing custom robo and bomberman jetters.

My copy of Zelda TP for the GC finally came in the mail today  :dance:

So i'll be playing that for a while since... i've waited so long to try it.
IMG

PCEngineHell

Art of Fighting on my 2-slot.

Digi.k

still playing Animal crossing on DS and collecting snowman furniture... rolling those snowballs around is pain though..

Even more hooked on Phantasy Star universe now and currently investigating feng shui stuff on there and doing looooong S rank runs in Neudaiz

TR0N

GC
Zelda TP well i finally beat it ganon wasn't that tough  :P

Famicom
Castlevania 3 Dracula Curse

Dunno i'll play, Zelda TP all the way through again for a long whew.........
IMG

Joe Redifer

Magic Knight Rayearth on my powerful Sega Saturn video game system.

Hobo Xiphas

I hope I never see a plank QTE ever again.

Worst QTE ever, thanks Shenmue 2.

PCEngineHell

The King of Fighters 96,98,2003,Power league 3,Altered Beast.

Digi.k

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 01/10/2007, 01:35 AMMagic Knight Rayearth on my powerful Sega Saturn video game system.
Hmmm Magic Knight Rayearth was an ok game.. I just wished it was longer since it could be completed in around 20 hours or less.. I love the music in there though..

IMG

I used to have these cute figurines and a wind up makona toy too (all made by sega jp) But after completing the game I couldn't find much incentive to replay the game or keep it so I sold it all as a bundle on ebay.. I kinda regret it now though...

Tatsujin

recently playing:

akumajo dracula - portrait of ruins DSL
shen mue DC
Fray PCE
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Joe Redifer

Quote from: Digi.kHmmm Magic Knight Rayearth was an ok game.. I just wished it was longer since it could be completed in around 20 hours or less.. I love the music in there though..
I am at the part where I am in the floating city and I am about to go through the labyrinth to see some dumbass statue.  I'm not sure how far I am in the game, maybe 1/50th of the way through so far.  The music is pretty good (all generated by the Saturn the same way the PC Engine and the Genesis did music, not streamed or anything).  There is only one music track that I don't like.  Lots of slowdown and glitches, though.  Wasn't this one of the first Saturn games programmed?

guyjin

crazy. I thought it was one of the last, but according to gamefaqs, it wasn't brought over for more than 3 years!  :x

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/saturn/data/197837.html