10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

FX-Unit Yuki: The Henshin Engine for TurboGrafx-16/PC Engine

Started by sirhcman, 09/19/2016, 09:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoshTurboTrollX

Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

esadajr

Gaming since 1985

OldRover

This gives away one of the new features of this stage so don't watch it if you don't want to see what happens next. :)
Turbo Badass Rank: Janne (6 of 12 clears)
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

esteban

I am not watching. But I think I know what it is. But I'm not gonna spoil it. :)
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

CrackTiger

Quote from: esteban on 11/29/2016, 11:44 PMI am not watching. But I think I know what it is. But I'm not gonna spoil it. :)
"Impossible on PCE" dual layer overlapping multi-directional parallax with a layer of "transparency" inbetween, which has multiple levels of translucency at the same time?
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

esadajr

Gaming since 1985

OldRover

/15327321_10210272731842005_8763757068053395776_lost.jpg

More platforming fun here.
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

OldRover

Oh, so you thought Stage 01 was easy? Well then, chew on this... the stage has been doubled in size, and part of the new final stretch is this challenge...

Yuki12-2016.jpg
facebook.com/photo/?fbid=10210286103456287

Remember those falling rocks between the columns in the cave? Well, they're back in the extended version of the stage, only now instead of jumping between stationary columns, you have to dodge them while on fast-moving platforms. Still think this game is a breeze? :lol:

TurboXray

Any particular reason the text is right-side aligned in the text boxes?

NecroPhile

Because the wrong-side would be..... wrong?

:cook:
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

CrackTiger

Quote from: TurboXray on 12/06/2016, 02:25 PMAny particular reason the text is right-side aligned in the text boxes?
The characters are all Japanese?
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

OldRover

Quote from: TurboXray on 12/06/2016, 02:25 PMAny particular reason the text is right-side aligned in the text boxes?
Depends on who's speaking. When Yuki speaks, it's left-aligned... when anyone else speaks, it's right-aligned. Notice that anyone other than Yuki has their face also appear on the right.

TurboXray

Ahh.. I figured it was something purposeful.

esteban

Quote from: OldRover on 12/06/2016, 04:43 PM
Depends on who's speaking. When Yuki speaks, it's left-aligned... when anyone else speaks, it's right-aligned. Notice that anyone other than Yuki has their face also appear on the right.
I love the attention to detail. :)

blueraven

Sarumaru

Hey everyone! Just to update everyone on Henshin Engine's progress, here's an update video that was first made available to the backers some weeks ago;
Many changes are being made which will all be explained in this video. For backers, this is old news :P

So far, all the reactions from the backers and the comments from the original update video have been positive and that's great! I'd love to hear what you all think or comment on the video :)

Thanks guys! I will try to remember to update this thread.

Michirin9801

YAAAAY~ You fixed the moving platforms~ \o/
I've played the demo a while back, and the moving platforms were my one real issue with the game, but now that they're fixed I don't think I have anything to complain about, and the new moves sure do look nice ^^

elmer

It's looking really, really nice!  :D

Congratulations to everyone involved.  =D>

Sarumaru

Thanks for the positive feedback y'all! I made a cool Yuki design for a shirt that I put up on Neatoshop (along with some other obey related designs) that I wanted to share here: https://www.neatoshop.com/product/Henshin-Engine-Goddess-YUKI

I'm sure you guys get the reference ;)

IMG IMG

Dicer

Quote from: Sarumaru on 03/01/2017, 01:22 PMThanks for the positive feedback y'all! I made a cool Yuki design for a shirt that I put up on Neatoshop (along with some other obey related designs) that I wanted to share here: http://www.neatoshop.com/product/Henshin-Engine-Goddess-YUKI

I'm sure you guys get the reference ;)

IMG
That right there is shit-nifty...

Michirin9801

Such an Ys'y reference >w>
Cool design though!

Psycho Punch

Bithead's gonna buy 10 of those

Quote from: Michirin9801 on 03/01/2017, 01:45 PMSuch an Ys'y reference >w>
Cool design though!
Y's'y.
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

esteban

NightWolve

Quote from: Michirin9801 on 03/01/2017, 01:45 PMSuch an Ys'y reference >w>
Cool design though!
Yeah, nice rip on their part. ;) I approve.

esadajr

Oh yeah, what ever happened with this project? Rover really spoiled us with all the footage :)
Gaming since 1985

BigusSchmuck

Damn music is stuck in my head too. lol

DildoKKKobold

Imma speedrun the fuck out of this game when it gets released. Stop making such easy games Saru.
For a good time, email: kylethomson@gmail.com
Dildos provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
DoxPhile .com / chat
IMG

sirhcman

Quote from: guest on 04/13/2017, 06:43 PMImma speedrun the fuck out of this game when it gets released. Stop making such easy games Saru.
You didn't even make it past the 1st level on stream..

xcrement5x

Quote from: guest on 04/13/2017, 06:50 PM
Quote from: DildoKKKobold on 04/13/2017, 06:43 PMImma speedrun the fuck out of this game when it gets released. Stop making such easy games Saru.
You didn't even make it past the 1st level on stream..
Shots fired!
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

CrackTiger

Sarumaru

Quote from: guest on 04/13/2017, 10:13 AM
Quote from: esadajr on 04/12/2017, 01:37 PMOh yeah, what ever happened with this project? Rover really spoiled us with all the footage :)
Vaporware. Total Kickstarter moneygrabbin' scam.

Reported to FCC, BBB, and NAMBLA.
NAMBLA XD

The only thing anyone's grabbin' is your pussiiiiii

NightWolve

:lol:

Pussy GrabGate continues working its way into pop culture.

Psycho Punch

Grabbed by something that is supple and pink. Only DoxPhile kids will remember this!

By the way I need to stop slacking on the comic translation, please forgive me saru senpai.
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!

NecroPhile

OldRover

We've been busy working on the game so I've been holding back new screenies and whatnot. However, since you insisted...

eponasoft.com/yuki-0463.png, yuki-0464.png, yuki-0465.png, yuki-0466.png

Dicer

Michirin9801

elmer

esteban

Quote from: OldRover on 04/15/2017, 09:42 AMWe've been busy working on the game so I've been holding back new screenies and whatnot. However, since you insisted...

yuki-0463.png
Bonk's Revenge/PC Genjin 2 :)

Sweetness.

NightWolve

Psycho Punch

I love how the game homages Bonk without outright copying tilesets from it, this is awesome.

ParanoiaDragon

Awe, new Badonk's Adventure pics, nice!  Looking forward to seeing it in motion, as well as hearing the tune for it, can't wait!!!!
IMG

saturndual32

Looks like there will be parallax on the PC Genjin 2 level... SWEET!

xcrement5x

Damn, awesome job guys.  The visuals on that level look great. 
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

NecroPhile

SmokeMonster

esteban

OldRover

esteban

Michirin9801

Looks awesome, but is the background in this section gonna be just that plain blue and nothingness? Or are you gonna put sprites behind the BG to decorate it and add some parallax? Maybe decorate it with some dynamic tiles?