RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

PC Brother, Japanese PCE clone

Started by grache, 11/29/2014, 12:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grache

While looking for a Tennokoe2 on Yahoo JP I found this:

IMG
IMG

A quick search of the forums and google didn't find anything relevant. I just wondered if anyone knew anything about this system.

For collectors of PCE oddities it's still up for auction, 8,800 yen at the moment.
TurboGrafx-16 HuCard Collection: 7.3% complete    7 / 96 titles

CGQuarterly

If I remember correctly, that was Hulk Hogan's go-to video game console in the late 80's.

HailingTheThings

IMG

SuperPlay

Thanks for sharing.  I have seen a couple of clones such as the Jamiko PC Boy and the Vistar-16  but not this one.

SuperGrafx

I'd like to see the insides of that console.
Never knew they had bootleg versions of the PCE!

esteban

Quote from: grache on 11/29/2014, 12:43 AMWhile looking for a Tennokoe2 on Yahoo JP I found this:

IMG
IMG

A quick search of the forums and google didn't find anything relevant. I just wondered if anyone knew anything about this system.

For collectors of PCE oddities it's still up for auction, 8,800 yen at the moment.
Hardcore 101 has an article on Korean video game scene and I believe the same author documented a bunch of PCE clones (in the same article, or a separate one).

Regardless, we don't see them too often in the forums here. Every few years someone will post pics of clones/bootleg HuCARDs. 

PC Brother = awesome name
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

MotherGunner

Vistar-16 was not a clone.  =)
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

esteban

Quote from: MotherGunner on 11/29/2014, 11:32 PMVistar-16 was not a clone.  =)
No, of course not :)

But the dude chronicled all the PCE clones, Famicom clones, etc. that were in Korean market prior to "officially" sanctioned re-badged hardware.

xcrement5x

Looks like this ended at 10,550 yen, did anyone here grab it?
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

NecroPhile

Other than the name change and different coloring on the controller, it looks to be the same as the Jamiko PC-II IC Card System, of which the latter is still part of the name.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

PukeSter

I remember once seeing a magazine scan for a Czech version of the pc engine. The games were cartridges and some of them were devil crush, lost sunheart and blazing lazers. Anyone know what it is? Or where the link is?

NecroPhile

Quote from: PukeSter on 12/02/2014, 11:24 PMI remember once seeing a magazine scan for a Czech version of the pc engine. The games were cartridges and some of them were devil crush, lost sunheart and blazing lazers. Anyone know what it is? Or where the link is?
The Adventure of Link

esteban

Quote from: guest on 12/03/2014, 09:34 AM
Quote from: guest on 12/02/2014, 11:24 PMI remember once seeing a magazine scan for a Czech version of the pc engine. The games were cartridges and some of them were devil crush, lost sunheart and blazing lazers. Anyone know what it is? Or where the link is?
The Adventure of Link
I had completely forgotten about that thread. What a fun re-read.

Everybody should czech it out.

cr8zykuban0

that is really cool to see pc engine clones since I would have never known they would exist. this is definitely a hulk hogan kind of system :)

thisIsLoneWolf

This is great! I hope one of you managed to get it.
How about that controller. Are those upper buttons turbo enabled, or something different?

NecroPhile

Quote from: thisIsLoneWolf on 12/11/2014, 08:49 AMAre those upper buttons turbo enabled, or something different?
Yep, permanent turbo buttons instead of switches to control turbo on the 'normal' button.

thisIsLoneWolf

It kind of reminds me of the NES Max controller. Except that one had the turbo buttons beneath the standard ones, instead of above.