@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

LAST ALERT

Started by MurderDate, 10/22/2007, 09:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Any fans?

YES
20 (95.2%)
NAY
1 (4.8%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Voting closed: 01/10/2008, 08:34 PM

MurderDate

"I KNOW WHAT YOU ARE GOING TO DO! JUST KILL ME AND GET IT OVER WITH!"
"Don't be vulgar. We're artists..."
Jess Franco's La Comtesse Perverse

TurboXray

The real question on everyone's mind is; What is the voice actor for Guy Kazama doing now? Did he take acting classes since Last Alert?

Same goes for "Don't worry about that" Leonard...

Joe Redifer

I hope none of the actors from Last Alert took any lessons.  My favorite is the guy trying to do a poor Kermit the Frog impersonation when you meet the first level boss; "Guy!  The stealth bomber is hidden at the back of this factory!"

ParanoiaDragon

LOVE this game, hope to do a sequal for it someday, First Alert, or Next Alert or something.
IMG

Turbo D

excellent game. the voice acting is truly hilarious  :lol:
Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

Kitsunexus

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:YOU'RE JUST TOO STING-Y!  :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:
Forgive me, my brain is on par with the Bubble System.
THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS RULE!

Keranu

How can you not love this game?
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

nat

Quote from: Keranu on 10/22/2007, 10:33 PMHow can you not love this game?
Having never played the game, I was forced to vote "no."

I suppose that means I don't love it, either.

TR0N

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 10/22/2007, 09:42 PMI hope none of the actors from Last Alert took any lessons.  My favorite is the guy trying to do a poor Kermit the Frog impersonation when you meet the first level boss; "Guy!  The stealth bomber is hidden at the back of this factory!"
I keep thinking that he sounds like the drunk guy from the simpsons.
Realy the actor sounds like barney.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Keranu

Quote from: nat on 10/22/2007, 10:37 PM

It's a law for every Turbo owner to play this game. Why haven't you been thrown in jail yet?  :-k
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG

Joe Redifer

Yeah he does sound like a retarded version of Barney from the Simpsons!  Good call.

Keranu

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 10/22/2007, 09:42 PMI hope none of the actors from Last Alert took any lessons.  My favorite is the guy trying to do a poor Kermit the Frog impersonation when you meet the first level boss; "Guy!  The stealth bomber is hidden at the back of this factory!"
That's one of my favorite lines too! The voice is perfect.
IMG

nat

Quote from: Keranu on 10/22/2007, 11:05 PM
Quote from: nat on 10/22/2007, 10:37 PM

It's a law for every Turbo owner to play this game. Why haven't you been thrown in jail yet?  :-k
I've never even heard of it, save for a passing mention on this forum. What kind of game is it? Yeah, I'm too lazy to Google right now.

Turbo D

the gameplay is like bloody wolf
Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

nat

Quote from: turbo D on 10/22/2007, 11:13 PMthe gameplay is like bloody wolf
Last Wolf? Bloody Alert?

TurboXray

Quote from: turbo D on 10/22/2007, 11:13 PMthe gameplay is like bloody wolf
No. It's nothing like Blood Wolf. I've seen that statement before and it boggles my mind.

Keranu

I think Bloody Wolf and Last Alert are similar, both in game play and theme wise. A better game to compare to Last Alert gameplay wise would be something like Ikari Warriors, except Last Alert is more adventurous and has a neat level up system.
IMG

TurboXray

Quote from: Keranu on 10/22/2007, 11:52 PMI think Bloody Wolf and Last Alert are similar, both in game play and theme wise.
Blasphemy!

NecroPhile

Quote from: nat on 10/22/2007, 11:12 PMI've never even heard of it, save for a passing mention on this forum. What kind of game is it? Yeah, I'm too lazy to Google right now.
I think of it as Final Zone II without the two super cheesy songs, but with even worse voice acting.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Joe Redifer

I think of Last Alert as kinda sorta being like a Japanese game called Red Alert, only much more gooder.  Bloody Wolf is like a poor man's Red Alert, especially its awful visuals.  Last Alert has outstanding 16-bit graphics with colors that jump off the screen to accompany the gripping non-stop arcade-like RPG action!

TurboXray

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 10/23/2007, 12:58 AMI think of Last Alert as kinda sorta being like a Japanese game called Red Alert, only much more gooder.  Bloody Wolf is like a poor man's Red Alert, especially its awful visuals.  Last Alert has outstanding 16-bit graphics with colors that jump off the screen to accompany the gripping non-stop arcade-like RPG action!
Now, I know you're being sarcastic. There's no way L(e)ast Alert has better graphics than Bloody Wolf. BW had mean ol' arcade style fast action/gameplay (when it wasn't slowing down) and graphics, while LA had NES-ish graphics and played like a slow top view NES game. If Bloody Wolf had CD music(or even if it didn't), cinemas, and bad voice acting it would have killed Last Alert. No doubt about it.

ParanoiaDragon

You know, whenver I imitate Spartan(apparently that's what Guy calls him, but, to me it sounds like Spun), I tend to sound like Barney, but, it wasn't until this thread, that I really thought about it!
IMG

Keranu

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 10/23/2007, 12:58 AMLast Alert has outstanding 16-bit graphics with colors that jump off the screen to accompany the gripping non-stop arcade-like RPG action!
Spoken like a true old skool video game ad 8) .
IMG

runinruder

You should get it ASAP, Nat.  Excellent game, definitely a must.
Wayback - thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

MurderDate

woah,  I was going to start a whole new thread about Bloody Wolf but I guess I'll drop my pearls (of wisdom?) here:

I played the game last night for the first time..   about 2 hours later I beat it.   I've only had the TG 16 for a couple weeks & this is the first game I beat -  those endless continues make it a fuckin' breeze !   I had fun.. can't see myself picking it up again though (not when I can get $5 for it on Ebay ! haha).   
I imagine you guys hold on to games you like forever wether you're gonna play them again or not.

Funnily enough,  I had a choice between a $5 copy of Final Zone II and Last Alert and I went with LA..  based on the cover graphics alone -  love that big meat man with the machine gun !   Almost looks like an Art Spiegelmen / Garbage Pail Kids graphic.   

SWEEET   :evil: :-({|=

runinruder

Quote from: MurderDate on 10/23/2007, 08:07 AMFunnily enough,  I had a choice between a $5 copy of Final Zone II and Last Alert and I went with LA.. 
Good choice.
Wayback - thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

MurderDate

wow..  pretty strong recommendation for this game -  the only person who doesn't like it is the one who hasn't played it !   swe :^oeet

nat

Quote from: runinruder on 10/23/2007, 07:57 AMYou should get it ASAP, Nat.  Excellent game, definitely a must.
Imagine my surprise to find this one was actually released in the US! You would have thought in my quest to acquire all the US releases I would have run across it. Somehow, Last Alert slipped under my radar all these years.

Next time I see one for sale I'll pick it up. I agree with MurderDate, this poll would be a complete wash if it wasn't for me. Must be a good game.

MurderDate

that's awesome. glad I could be of some assistance.

ParanoiaDragon

Hmm, I love Bloody Wolf, but, like Bonknuts said, it is kind of different.  I love both games for different reasons.
IMG

OldTurboBastard

"There's something in the water - something just GRAZED past my knee...."

priceless...
"I saw this wino, he was eating grapes. I was like, "Dude, you have to wait." - hedberg

TurboXray

Quote from: OldTurboBastard on 10/23/2007, 08:24 PM"There's something in the water - something just GRAZED past my knee...."

priceless...
When I first heard that line, I thought he said " There's something in the water... something just GRAZED past my *meat*". I fell out my chair laughing.

OldTurboBastard

Quote from: TurboXray on 10/23/2007, 09:28 PM
Quote from: OldTurboBastard on 10/23/2007, 08:24 PM"There's something in the water - something just GRAZED past my knee...."

priceless...
When I first heard that line, I thought he said " There's something in the water... something just GRAZED past my *meat*". I fell out my chair laughing.
Ha! I think i fell out of my chair laughing anyway. One great thing about last alert (along with the cheesy dialog) is that is was so damn long if I remember correctly. There was a ton of levels.
"I saw this wino, he was eating grapes. I was like, "Dude, you have to wait." - hedberg

ParanoiaDragon

Quote from: TurboXray on 10/23/2007, 09:28 PM

priceless...
Wow, lol.
IMG

NecroPhile

Quote from: TurboXray on 10/23/2007, 09:28 PMWhen I first heard that line, I thought he said " There's something in the water... something just GRAZED past my *meat*". I fell out my chair laughing.
Now that would've been a much better line.  If you gotta have cheesy dialog, pull out all the stops and go a little dirty too.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Kitsunexus

Quote from: TurboXray on 10/23/2007, 09:28 PMWhen I first heard that line, I thought he said " There's something in the water... something just GRAZED past my *meat*".
Ketchup?  0_o
Forgive me, my brain is on par with the Bubble System.
THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS RULE!

JoshTurboTrollX

QuoteKetchup?  0_o
:lol:  HA HA HA AH!!!!  hahahahhahahahah!!!  HAHAHAH!!!!!   :lol:

Oooh, my side hurts.
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

lkermel

I also really like Red Alert, I only wished graphics were a bit better (some stages look really flat), but each mission has something different to offer.
The first time I saw the American version, I couldn't believe my ears, you're right, the voice acting is hilarious !!!!