10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

The Name Change Thread

Started by Joe Redifer, 01/21/2008, 05:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe Redifer

For some fucked up reason, people just can't seem to keep their forum name the same.  Assholes.  Anyway I am trying to figure out who is who.

I know that esteban (all lowercase for some reason) is Steve KKK and I'm 56% sure that Black_Tiger is the old favorite CrackTiger (more scientific research is necessary).

But who the hell are these other people?  People seem to know who The Old Rover is, but I have no fuckin' clue.  There have been a few others as well that I have no clue who they are.  There needs to be a list and people need to post announcements when they get tired of their shitty forum name and change it to a new shitty one.  Try to think of something good the first time so you don't have to change it later and confuse me!

_Paul

I used to be Joe Redifer.

Who are you, you name stealing bastard?

Joe Redifer

I used to be sunsteam_paul

_Paul

Hobo Xiphas

Joe Redifer

I wholeheartedly expect you to change it to Xiphas Extended Edition someday.

Keranu

I'm still waiting for Xiphas to change his name to TootTootTheriot.

TheOldRover is nodtveidt.

I used to be Keranu and I still am.
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

Kitsunexus

I've never changed my name and never will.
Forgive me, my brain is on par with the Bubble System.
THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS RULE!

Ceti Alpha

I used to be ceti alpha VI, but then I blew up and became ceti alpha V by default. I was then reborn on the Genesis Planet and named ceti alpha.
IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

GUTS

Name changes are for insecure pussies, real men keep their original name no matter how stupid it is.

esteban

Quote from: GUTS on 01/21/2008, 06:39 PMName changes are for insecure pussies, real men keep their original name no matter how stupid it is.
hahahahhaahhahaa.

Truer words were never spoken.

Anyway, I changed my name to esteban because that's what I wanted to use at pcefx, but back when the pcefx forums were hosted by some free service (I forget the name), some bastard was already using the name.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

nat

Quote from: GUTS on 01/21/2008, 06:39 PMName changes are for insecure pussies, real men keep their original name no matter how stupid it is.
Yeah really, I haven't even changed my avatar because I feel like a piece of my identity would be lost.

Besides that, it bugs me when people change their avatar all the time. More often than not I don't even look at the name on the post, just the avatar.

For example, Kitsunexus's 34,567th avatar is currently too similar to SignOfZeta's. I know, not really when you actually look at them (b/w guy with a pipe, b/w guy with a gun) but they are similar enough that in a passing glance I keep thinking Kitsunexus is SignOfZeta. This misconception is usually quickly corrected once I reach the subject matter of the message, but still.

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 01/21/2008, 05:35 PMI wholeheartedly expect you to change it to Xiphas Extended Edition someday.
I'm personally holding out for Xiphas: The Director's Cut.

Ceti Alpha

QuoteName changes are for insecure pussies, real men keep their original name no matter how stupid it is.
I've kept my same stupid name on Trekweb since I first joined in 2003. I didn't expect that I'd be a regular there or something and I just put down the first thing that came to me. Any other forum, including here, it's ceti alpha and always will be.
IMG

Keranu

I still use the same AIM name for the past nine years - xXKeranuXx! You don't know how tempted I've been to change that.
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG

Arjak

Huh!? Who are you people? What have you done to my friends!? :shock:

Seriously. My user name comes from the nickname of a character in a story I'm writing. I happen to be somewhat good, amateur-wise anyway.
He who dings the Gunhed must PAAAAY!!! -Ninja Spirit

Kitsunexus

Quote from: nat on 01/21/2008, 06:51 PMFor example, Kitsunexus's 34,567th avatar (b/w guy with a gun)
That's black and green, fyi, and it's Michael Caine as Jack Carter in Get Carter (the original good version).

I'll find another avatar later tonight.

Turbo D

I've changed my avatar, but I've kept it airzonk  8)
Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

Joe Redifer

Quote from: natFor example, Kitsunexus's 34,567th avatar is currently too similar to SignOfZeta's.
No shit!  It keeps confusing me.  I expect the post to be filled with bitchisms and it's cracking some joke instead and I become confused.  Then I look and see it is Kitsunexus.

Keranu

Quote from: turbo D on 01/21/2008, 08:07 PMI've changed my avatar, but I've kept it airzonk  8)
I've always loved the current avatar you're using! Very pimp.
IMG

NecroPhile

I used to be known as Necromancer, then changed my name to validus, and now I'm back to Necromancer.

I don't really mind the name and avatar changes, as long as they're not both changed at the same time.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Turbo D

Quote from: Keranu on 01/21/2008, 11:15 PM
Quote from: turbo D on 01/21/2008, 08:07 PMI've changed my avatar, but I've kept it airzonk  8)
I've always loved the current avatar you're using! Very pimp.
thnx dude. I always thought that wrestler avatar was pimp too!  8)
Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

MissaFX

I do not often change my avatars, but I decided to today. I agree that changing them too often can result in people having trouble understand who is speaking, that's probably the main reason I do not change mine very much.  The kitty is so curious and cute though, I just had to share it with everyone.

IMG
Here's the avatar since once
I change it again, people will not know
what I am talking about.
Good Traders: nat+, The Old Rover+, bust3dstr8+, nectarsis, geepee+, Mithos, zeon, sensei+, Windancer, OldSchoolGamer
35/62 FX games owned - 56.4%
05/62 FX games reviewed - 8.0%
Latest: Pachio-kun FX review - 4/9/08

nat

Because that cat is so cute, I will give you a pass. This time.

Ceti Alpha

Yeah, I'm not a cat person by any means, but that is pretty damn cute.
IMG

nat

I love cats. I could do without dogs, however.

Ceti Alpha

QuoteI love cats. I could do without dogs, however.
I'm really not a cat person because I'm very allergic, though I've also had some bad experiences with psycho cats that freak out for no reason at all. Though the sketchy cat always seem to be the "indoor" cat. "Outdoor" cats seem to be a little more mentally stable. It really depends on the type cat and the type of dog if I'm going to like the animal. For dogs especially, it also depends on the owner/master and how they raise the dog. Some people just shouldn't be allowed to have dogs.
IMG

nat

Dogs are too big, smelly, and have big long sloppy tongues that like to lick you. Ew. They are also very loud. And they take shits on your lawn. I'm fairly particular about my "personal bubble," and dogs have a real habit of aggresively invading that space.

Coincidentally, the only dogs I like are small dogs that don't have big sloppy tongues, don't smell, and aren't loud. I realize this disqualifies 98% of dogs, but I have met a dog or two in my time that I didn't mind.

NecroPhile

Quote from: nat on 01/22/2008, 01:32 PMAnd they take shits on your lawn.
So true.  I'd much rather have animals shit inside the house.  It's much more convenient, smells better, and it's always fun to sift through the litter box.

Ceti Alpha

QuoteDogs are too big, smelly, and have big long sloppy tongues that like to lick you. Ew. They are also very loud. And they take shits on your lawn. I'm fairly particular about my "personal bubble," and dogs have a real habit of aggresively invading that space.

Coincidentally, the only dogs I like are small dogs that don't have big sloppy tongues, don't smell, and aren't loud. I realize this disqualifies 98% of dogs, but I have met a dog or two in my time that I didn't mind.
Haha!! Yeah, don't get a dog.  :P

One thing dogs have over cats is loyalty. Cats will go where ever there is food. Cats are definitely easier to take care of. Owning a cat is a only few steps up from owning a gold fish - you feed it and it goes outside or under the bed. Oh and you have to change the aquarium...er...kitty litter.  :P Owning a dog is like having a special needs child. You actually have to pay attention to the dog and spend time with it.

I'm not shitting on cats, or praising dogs - they're just two different animals. They are what they are.

Halifax has just recently passed a bylaw banning cats from being allowed to freely roam outdoors. People complaining about cat shit in their gardens and what not. I think it's a stupid bylaw personally. First of all it's hardly practical - how exactly does the city intend on enforcing this bylaw?  [-( Secondly, if you have cat shit in your garden leave it. It's part of nature and will probably do your garden good.

On a side note, I was standing outside my place having a smoke when all I heard for like 5 minutes was a huge cat fight. This was loud.  :shock: I wish I could have seen it. Sounded like one hell of a fight. lol
IMG

Turbo D

I have 2 dogs and 3 cats. They all live outside together.
IMG IMG
IMG

guyjin

Cats can be loyal. My cat, tippy, follows me around whenever I'm at home. He even likes to go to the bathroom with me.  :shock:

the other cats, however, are much more fickle.

Ceti Alpha

QuoteMy cat, tippy, follows me around whenever I'm at home.
Tippy - Cute name.  :)
IMG

guyjin

yeah, he's gray and has little white socks on his feet, and a white nose. But 'socks' is kinda overdone, so my dad came up with 'tippy'.

nat

I thought he was just prone to gravity-related mishaps. My bad.

NecroPhile

Quote from: guyjin on 01/22/2008, 05:49 PMyeah, he's gray and has little white socks on his feet, and a white nose. But 'socks' is kinda overdone, so my dad came up with 'tippy'.
Is he a heavy drinker (the kitty, not your pops)?

Ceti Alpha

QuoteI thought he was just prone to gravity-related mishaps. My bad.
heh. I kinda thought that too. lol But yeah, Patches and Socks may be a little over done. Good call on the Tippy name.
IMG

Turbo D

My cat is an orange beast so I named him Tiger! He has 2 hoes; a white fluffy one named delilah and a grey fuzzy one named shadow.
IMG IMG
IMG

Hobo Xiphas

Quote from: KeranuI'm still waiting for Xiphas to change his name to TootTootTheriot.
Maybe when he his first homerun of the new season...which means you'll probably be waiting for awhile.

Quote from: Joe RediferI wholeheartedly expect you to change it to Xiphas Extended Edition someday.
Quote from: natI'm personally holding out for Xiphas: The Director's Cut.
Not the theme I was aiming for, really.  Think New Xiphas, Crystal Xiphas, and Vanilla Xiphas.

OceanBlueKirby

You'll probably never have to worry about me changing my forum name, Joe Redifer. I always have wanted to use the cool-sounding name of Game and Watch Kirby, and I'm glad I was given the opportunity to do so here on the PCEngineFX boards. The only exception for this would be that the ability to use symbols in usernames would be granted, but other than that no will would be able to make me change it!

As for my avatar, I may change it around from time to time to help spice things up a little. Missa informed me that she had never seen my current one, as it always had been an invalid image to her. I can't speak for any others, but I will change mine, which was used from Sunteam_Paul's site, sooner or later, by the beginning of March at latest.
"Here comes a new challenger! Four new contestants stepped into the Audio Deathmatch ring today. You be the judge as these juggernauts battle it out in a fight to the finish!" - A segment of the August 3, 2006 update of SuperPCEngineGrafx .com

Kitsunexus

I will make a video about necroposting, the soundtrack will be Code Blue by TSOL.

"I WANNA FUCK, I WANNA FUCK THE DEAD"

Joe Redifer

This thread isn't that old.  Not yet.

QuoteYou'll probably never have to worry about me changing my forum name, Joe Redifer.
I think we'd be able to identify your posts rather quickly even if you did.   :)

Turbo D

This thread reminds me of that Nu that sleeps in that dome in the future. He will change your name and then go back to sleep!

Quote from: Kitsunexus on 02/14/2008, 02:40 AMI will make a video about necroposting, the soundtrack will be Code Blue by TSOL.

That song is one of my faves dude  8)
IMG IMG
IMG

nat

Quote from: Kitsunexus on 02/14/2008, 02:40 AMI will make a video about necroposting, the soundtrack will be Code Blue by TSOL.

That's rich, coming from the king of necroposting.

OceanBlueKirby

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 02/14/2008, 05:12 AM
QuoteYou'll probably never have to worry about me changing my forum name, Joe Redifer.
I think we'd be able to identify your posts rather quickly even if you did.   :)
Does my style really stand out that much? If so, then wow. After all, I do try to be unique. It's an honor to hear this from you :).

Quote from: nat on 02/14/2008, 11:31 AM
That's rich, coming from the king of necroposting.
Well, I can be expected to do this every now and then, since there were topics that were made in the past that I had an interest of posting in. It'll only take a matter of finding them, though.

Quote from: ceti alpha on 01/22/2008, 02:05 PM
QuoteDogs are too chaotic, smelly, and have big long sloppy tongues that like to lick you. Ew. They are also very loud. And they are ridiculously clumsy. I'm fairly particular about my "personal bubble," and dogs have a real habit of aggresively invading that space.

Coincidentally, the only dogs I like are dogs that don't have big sloppy tongues, don't smell, and aren't loud. I realize this disqualifies 100% of dogs, and I have yet to meet a dog or two in my time that I didn't mind.
One thing dogs have over cats is loyalty. Cats will go where ever there is food. Cats are definitely easier to take care of. Owning a cat is a only few steps up from owning a gold fish - you feed it and it goes outside or under the bed. Oh and you have to change the aquarium...er...kitty litter.  :P Owning a dog is like having a special needs child. You actually have to pay attention to the dog and spend time with it.
Awesome, Nat =D>! You pactically think the same way I do about cats and dogs! For me, however, it's a bit more on the grander scale, which are based on the adjustments in the quote. Hehehehe :twisted:...It was their fault for provoking these feelings in me, not mine!

It actually sounds like you're praising cats and putting down dogs in this statement, Ceti Alpha, not the other way around.
"Here comes a new challenger! Four new contestants stepped into the Audio Deathmatch ring today. You be the judge as these juggernauts battle it out in a fight to the finish!" - A segment of the August 3, 2006 update of SuperPCEngineGrafx .com

nat

Quote from: Game and Watch Kirby on 02/14/2008, 12:48 PMAwesome, Nat =D>! You pactically think the same way I do about cats and dogs!
I see good things in your future, young one.

Ceti Alpha

QuoteIt actually sounds like you're praising cats and putting down dogs in this statement, Ceti Alpha, not the other way around.
haha. Maybe the "special needs child" reference didn't serve my case well.  :-k It really depends on your perspective though. If you want a pet that needs attention and love then a dog is what you want. Dogs are pack animals and want to feel like they belong. Cats, on the other hand, are generally extremely independent and really don't need too much attention.
IMG

nat

My cats would probably argue that point.

NecroPhile

Quote from: nat on 02/14/2008, 02:58 PMMy cats would probably argue that point.
Holy shit!  Talking cats!

guyjin

all cats talk. they're just too cool to flaunt the ability.

Ceti Alpha

Quoteall cats talk. they're just too cool to flaunt the ability.
heh. Cats definitely do have the cool factor.

QuoteMy cats would probably argue that point.
Yeah, I have met some "dog-like" cats. My uncle had one when I was a kid. It was pretty much a dog that one.
IMG