The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dingsbums

Medic_wheat

Picked up some more Nintendo Power today.

Issues 68-79 amazingly all with posters and with rip out cards in the back of many issues.

IMG

Also found issue 100

IMG

Also with poster and what not. Now I have issues 1-46, 68-79, 100, the last two years what ever numbers those are and the finale issue. Maybe I can get a complete set?

The mouse guard looks nice and was $6 at a half price books store. Might be fun to read to my son once he gets a little older. Plus it is mostly pictures with little text so it could also be a fun beginner book for him as well.

Then there is the Zelda guid. A personal favorite in the series as well as far as GB games go from my childhood.

Medic_wheat

Thought I'd post a few pictures of the comic art. Sorry for the glare.

IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG

Cursory glance on the internet tells me there is also a few hard bound collections of his series. Might track those down as I just like hardbound books and TPB more.

I know I have a few of the individual comics of this series but I never really got into it. Mostly due to the difficulty in finding single issues and my lack of knowledge when the issues would come out. Granted I first saw these comics maybe seven years ago? 

Based on the art it always seemed like something that would adapt well as a animated feature.

TR0N

/OGXBOX_zpsrgzugkl2.png
/amusha_zpss689wsmu.png

Original xbox i got from a friend.Mostly i wanted one for use as a rom box. It does have coin-ops on it which serves me greatly for my arcade needs  :mrgreen:
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

tknjin

Quote from: dingsbums on 03/13/2016, 06:19 PMGames,PCB & console  :) .
It is always good to see your posts man, and I see you picked quite a lot of everything it seems lol.

Bloufo

Just a Genesis cart. Found at a garage type sale.
The cart is not in the greatest shape (looks like it was a rental) but Alisia Dragoon is a top game.

IMG

xcrement5x

Quote from: Bloufo on 03/15/2016, 09:39 AMJust a Genesis cart. Found at a garage type sale.
The cart is not in the greatest shape (looks like it was a rental) but Alisia Dragoon is a top game.
IMG
Yeah!!  Alisia Dragoon is a fun game and is Gainax + Game Arts even.

Mathius

Fun game! I'm still looking for a manual for my copy.

TR0N

Quote from: Bloufo on 03/15/2016, 09:39 AMJust a Genesis cart. Found at a garage type sale.
IMG
Congrats,Alisia Dragoon hidden gem for the console.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Medic_wheat

Quote from: TR0N on 03/16/2016, 05:57 AM
IMG
Congrats,Alisia Dragoon hidden gem for the console.
At one point the price for a copy COB had jumped to something like $100 or more.

I wanna say it has finally gone back down as I visited a retro game store in my home town who had two copies. One for $35 (bought it) but no Manuel and another copy for $50 CIB.

Johnpv

The Arcade Duo card I bought finally came in yesterday.

ArcadeCardDuo.webp

esadajr

whats the deal with the AV box coming out of the Genny 3?
Gaming since 1985

Bloufo

Quote from: esadajr on 03/16/2016, 10:46 AMwhats the deal with the AV box coming out of the Genny 3?
It takes the consoles RGB signal and converts it to S-Video.
That XMD-3 device works with a whole bunch of Sega systems.

These are a couple comparison pics of the game Flashback on the Sega CD.

Via Composite:

IMG

Via that XMD-3 converter:

IMG

xcrement5x

IMG
majors sent me a nice IDE hard drive for my phatty PS2 to use along with hdloader, plus some random swag too :D

IMG
And, I got some Neat PCE magazines and a Super Famicom mag about Popful Mail. The PC Engine Fan ones are from late in the life of the system and cover pce and pc-fx games so they have been super fun to look through! The SFC one has some cool Popful Mail promo art I've never seen as well, one more thing for the Popful horde!

esteban

MAJORS LIKES BUTTERSCOTCH?

OR HE DOESN'T...thus sending it to you.

MYSTERY.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

EvilEvoIX

This past week was a good one.  A little bit of everything.

Karnov's Revenge/Fighters History Dynamite.  A decidedly average fighting game that borrows a lot from Street Fighter 2.  The game controls like a dream however and has some really good graphics. 
IMG
IMG
IMG

EVERDRIVE!!!  Got this for $50 shipped full loaded!!  It even has the System Cards so I can finally play that Awful copy of Altered Beast I have.

IMG
IMG
IMG

3DO.  Never had the top loader version.  Years ago I had the front loader.  Cool system, I really love The Need for Speed.  So nostalgic and back in the 90's my mom had a Supra so I begged for this game so I could at least try to drive it.

IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG

Sorry for the heavy pics but it was a partially good week.
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

vmorr

Went to a swap meet today.

/1e2jdj.jpg

Got all of the PS1 games through trade for SNES games I wanted rid of, everything else was pretty cheap. Was worth the trip.

SplatterTrigger

Amazon deliveries. Interestingly Caladrius Blaze fell into the prime shipping category of two days. Off USA Amazon I should add.
IMG

Bloufo

Won this a short while ago on a local auction site.
The seller had specified no shipping, only collect.  I ended up being the only bidder. I'm not complaining.  :P

So obviously it's not in my possession yet, but if I get a chance I'll go and pick it up tomorrow.
It's about a 45 min drive.

/dcxweu.jpg
/1hujoj.jpg
/or49xj.jpg

Some dust on the case but overall it looks in ok shape.
The guy assures me it's in full working order, but that he did have it in storage for quite some time.
Most probably I'll have to at least change the belts. And hoping that there's some decent life left in that bulb.

I have a bunch of good 16mm prints, I'll give it a test with those.

NecroPhile

Yesterday's mail brought me up a copy of Gurumin for PSP.  Falcom cuteness for the win!
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

xcrement5x

IMG

I finally got a Tiger Road hucard at a non-gouge price which made me quite happy.  This completes the set since I had gotten the manual from Nulltard awhile back and had been trying to find a chip at a decent price.  A World Class Baseball case was sacrificed along with the blood of the Sparky repro sticker for the spine, but I have no regrets. :-P

Now I only have a few more titles I'm looking for to match up with my manuals!

VenomMacbeth

Been on a gameboy kick lately.  Here's what I got:

Pokemon Red
Pokemon Crystal
Cruis'n Exotica
Mega Man Xtreme
LoZ: Oracle of Ages
Super Mario Bros Deluxe
Kirby's Dream Land
Super Mario Land 2
Faceball 2000
Final Fantasy Adventure
Blue GBA SP console boxed

I haven't gotten around to playing them all yet, as I've been harshly addicted to the pokemon lately...but on those that I played, here are my thoughts.

Kirby is fun but very, very short. 

Super Mario Land 2 has pleasing graphics, but like the first game, I'm not a huge fan of the controls.

Faceball 2000 has...potential.  I'm gonna have to talk my Gameboy-playing friends (of which there are two) into trying out the multiplayer with me,  as I could see the arena mode being pretty fun.

I also have a few GBC repros on the way: Magical Chase, Shantae, Metroid II DX and Daikatana.  They're the ones you see all the time with "game" on the cartridge where "gameboy" should be.  I ordered some custom labels & I'm gonna see if the PCBs will fit inside normal GBC cartridges (except for Metroid II DX, which I plan on sticking into a black GB cartridge like the other "DX" games).

My next GB/GBC purchases will likely be Return of the Ninja, Crystalis, Kirby's Dream Land 2, Oracle of Ages...possibly Cosmo Tank.  Any other recommendations?
Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

Johnpv

Today was a good day.

IMG

TheClash603

After seeing it on this very thread, I got my Raiden V today.  Game is great, really enjoyed my playthrough.

Also got the Puyo Puyo Tetris mix, cause it was also region free.  Very good as well, but I suck so bad at Puyo Puyo.

bob

Quote from: vmorr on 03/20/2016, 05:29 PMWent to a swap meet today.

/1e2jdj.jpg

Got all of the PS1 games through trade for SNES games I wanted rid of, everything else was pretty cheap. Was worth the trip.
i have always been curious of threads of fate.

vmorr

Quote from: gynt on 03/27/2016, 08:01 AMi have always been curious of threads of fate.
It looks like a fun play, not too long and the graphics look pretty good for the time. I traded Super Mario Kart for it.

Dicer

Got this puppy yesterday, traded for my Vectrex, which i probably won't miss very much...
I'm now part of the PVM multitudes.
IMG

NecroPhile

I found copies of Popful Mail and Lummy (version with music cd) in my mailbox.

DQ187

Most of my recent shooter pick ups! :)

IMG

Mathius

Nice Saturn haul! I'm gonna grab me a Donpachi one day here. I do have Blast Wind too. It's a neat little shewtie with some rockin tunes but I feel it's a tab over-hyped. Still worth owning though.

What is the game in the middle of the bottom row?

DQ187

Quote from: Mathius on 03/30/2016, 10:48 PMNice Saturn haul! I'm gonna grab me a Donpachi one day here. I do have Blast Wind too. It's a neat little shewtie with some rockin tunes but I feel it's a tab over-hyped. Still worth owning though.

What is the game in the middle of the bottom row?
Thanks! :) It's Gekirindan. Pretty cool little shooter, I mean shewtie :P I'm a big fan of vertical shewties so I've been trying to pick up the rest of the ones I've really been wanting! Donpachi is pretty awesome and holds its own against Dodonpachi. Blast Wind is pretty great but I'd have to agree with you about being a little overrated. Im more a fan of Batsugun & Battle Garegga!

tknjin

very nice saturn haul. It is nice to see another saturn import person here too :)

NecroPhile

I snagged me a copy of Lego Movie Videogame.

nugs1987

I've been working on getting all the US Atlus games for PS2 and picked up 2 titles tonight: Magna Carta and Dual Hearts. I created an elaborate list for Atlus PS2 collecting for my excel level 1 final :P. I wish I could post .xlsx files but alas it be not supported mateys. I have about 40% of the US Atlus games thus far.

bob

Quote from: nugs1987 on 04/02/2016, 03:21 AMI've been working on getting all the US Atlus games for PS2 and picked up 2 titles tonight: Magna Carta and Dual Hearts. I created an elaborate list for Atlus PS2 collecting for my excel level 1 final :P. I wish I could post .xlsx files but alas it be not supported mateys. I have about 40% of the US Atlus games thus far.
i might have an extra copy of growlancer heritage if you need that one.  i have to look.

vmorr

Quote from: nugs1987 on 04/02/2016, 03:21 AMI've been working on getting all the US Atlus games for PS2 and picked up 2 titles tonight: Magna Carta and Dual Hearts. I created an elaborate list for Atlus PS2 collecting for my excel level 1 final :P. I wish I could post .xlsx files but alas it be not supported mateys. I have about 40% of the US Atlus games thus far.
Would you be able to share it with Google spreadsheet? I'm quite interested in the list lol

xcrement5x

Quote from: vmorr on 04/02/2016, 02:17 PM
Would you be able to share it with Google spreadsheet? I'm quite interested in the list lol
I'd be intrigued as well.  I know Atlus did a fishing game for the Xbox too, lol.

EvilEvoIX

More Neo Geo Finds over the weekend.  All three games have incredible depth and a very steep learning curve.  Nothing cheap or cheese,  just very hard.

KOF 96, KOF 96, Fatal Fury 3.  I really like Fatal Fury 3.
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

vmorr

Some DS local pickups today:

/117v49w.jpg

Grabbed the Fire Emblem Fates for a friend, thought it was too cheap not to pick up lol

Medic_wheat

Quote from: vmorr on 04/05/2016, 10:06 PMSome DS local pickups today:

/117v49w.jpg

Grabbed the Fire Emblem Fates for a friend, thought it was too cheap not to pick up lol
Drak spire is a game I have wanted to try however have never seen locally for pick up.

That female ninja game looks cool from the box art. What name is it?  I can't quit tell.

vmorr

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 04/05/2016, 10:46 PMDrak spire is a game I have wanted to try however have never seen locally for pick up.

That female ninja game looks cool from the box art. What name is it?  I can't quit tell.
It's called Izuna 2, looks like a quirky dungeon crawler. Upon further inspection, it has a reversible cover and a little pinup of nice paper quality lol

/21a9tt.jpg

DQ187

Quote from: vmorr on 04/05/2016, 11:22 PM
Quote from: Medic_wheat on 04/05/2016, 10:46 PMDrak spire is a game I have wanted to try however have never seen locally for pick up.

It's called Izuna 2, looks like a quirky dungeon crawler. Upon further inspection, it has a reversible cover and a little pinup of nice paper quality lol

/21a9tt.jpg
Nice pick ups! I'm pretty big into DS myself, so many great titles! Also really into 3DS! One of my goals for the new year was to get the rest of the DS games I really wanted, have around 100 now! Here's my most recent DS pickups since january(Pic Heavy):

IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG

And the rest of my DS games (bring out the collectard pitchforks!):

IMG

TheClash603

I have a ton of DS games too.  While the sheer volume definitely ventures into collectable territory, the truth is most of the games on the system can be found for $10 used and $20 new.  Due to this, it's really hard to pass up on some great games at such reasonable prices.  I don't pick up many games made in the 80s and 90s anymore because it is cost prohibitive, but I buy DS games fairly regularly and understand why you do too!

vmorr

Thanks for sharing DQ187, I'll use your pics for reference of games I need to look for still. A lot of those games look really good. I think the system has a lot of great RPGs.

NecroPhile

Mathius

DQ187

Quote from: vmorr on 04/06/2016, 07:43 AMThanks for sharing DQ187, I'll use your pics for reference of games I need to look for still. A lot of those games look really good. I think the system has a lot of great RPGs.
No problem! Ive tried to keep the collection fairly tight with good games. If you havnt picked up Little Red Riding Hood Zombie BBQ yet I'd recommend it since its going up in price a little and is an awesome game! Barnyard Blast Swine of the Night is a super cheap, fun little game i just sorta stumbled across one day. Its like a mega man style run n gun game in a Castlevania like setting and you play as a Cowboy-Pig! Whats not to like!  8)  Plus you can get it brand new for like $6! Also, if you haven't played Monster Tale i'd recommend it if you like Mega Man style run n guns & metoird/Castlevania style games. Pretty awesome game!

Tons of great rpgs on the DS! Some of my favorites are: Sands of Destruction, Dragon Quest V, Golden Sun Dark Dawn, Radiant Historia, Black Sigil and now that im playing through Super Robot Taisen OG Saga Endless Frontier i'd definitely add that to the list! Great RPG!

DQ187

Quote from: TheClash603 on 04/06/2016, 06:39 AMI have a ton of DS games too.  While the sheer volume definitely ventures into collectable territory, the truth is most of the games on the system can be found for $10 used and $20 new.  Due to this, it's really hard to pass up on some great games at such reasonable prices.  I don't pick up many games made in the 80s and 90s anymore because it is cost prohibitive, but I buy DS games fairly regularly and understand why you do too!
Yeah, theres a ton of great games for ds that are still really affordable! I still have quite a few i'd like to pick up but i got most of the rest of the more expensive ones out of the way and have just been enjoying playing them. The big group pic is games ive had since they came out and the others i got in big picks ups the last couple months! As soon as i get caught up i'll probably start grabbing some more cheaper titles im after!  8)

Have any of you played the Viewtiful Joe DS game? Was curious about it. I liked the GameCube ones and wondered if it was as good.

Mathius

I'm hitting a convention this weekend. Any suggestions on DS imports?

DQ187

Quote from: Mathius on 04/06/2016, 11:16 PMI'm hitting a convention this weekend. Any suggestions on DS imports?
If you like shoot em ups and can find Ketsui Death Label(its the game in the lower left of the big group shot) its pretty cool! Only others i have are 3 DS "Tales of" games.

Oh yeah, i hear Chronos Twins is good. I think it got a UK release.