10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

What do you depise AT THIS MOMENT, literally....

Started by esteban, 08/29/2013, 01:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

esteban

Quote from: Gypsy on 05/13/2017, 08:20 PMPeople that are too much of a bitch about confrontation to ever say anything directly and air shit out. Instead they just passive aggressive the crap out of you every chance they get. Then of course they act shocked whenever you call it out.

Okay I'm good now. hooooooo
Damn.

:)
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Gypsy

Yeah I've always been the kind of person where if I have a problem with someone, I'm going to say something. Especially if we have to deal with each other on a daily basis. Let's work things out like adults ya know?

esteban

Quote from: Gypsy on 05/14/2017, 08:40 AMYeah I've always been the kind of person where if I have a problem with someone, I'm going to say something. Especially if we have to deal with each other on a daily basis. Let's work things out like adults ya know?
Yes, I know. Thus far, I've been lucky--only a couple of coworkers have ever been a "problem"....

Anyway, don't Push-Around any of your co-workers.

Push a Push-Pop instead.

Psycho Punch

Brazilian bureaucracy. Just give me my work contract already you fucking cunts, stop trying to sabotage the hiring process with endless gotchas.
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

esteban

Quote from: guest on 05/19/2017, 10:37 AMBrazilian bureaucracy. Just give me my work contract already you fucking cunts, stop trying to sabotage the hiring process with endless gotchas.
So, any updates on this?

esteban

CURRENT ABOMINATION: My coffee maker, which has a POINTLESS touchscreen on it, has finally fucking died.

Just the screen died. The coffee maker would still function perfectly if I could simply hit a "brew" button.

NO BUTTONS. NOT A SINGLE BUTTON.

YOU FUCKHOLES.

Customer service said there was no way for me to swap out the screen (it's on a part that easily pops off... but the wires are not accessible without cracking open something inside the main coffee maker)...

So, of course I still have my old, neglected coffee maker that I had abandoned for the HOT, NEW THING.

Sadly, the hot, new thing's touch screen started getting flaky and unresponsive after 1.5 years.

OH, THE AGONY OF PLEADING WITH THE TOUCHSCREEN TO REGISTER A PRESS!

Please, please do not forsake me, my love! I am going to miss my train if you do not start brewing NOW. Now. NOW! Now, I beg of you! I'm already late, but if you start brewing now, I'll just RUN to catch the train. Please.

Please.

YOU SWEET PIECE OF SHITE!

Fuck you forever and ever.

Amen.

BOTTOM LINE: Enjoy your fleeting moments with a hot, new thing. They will soon be distant memories.

Farewell, love. I had hoped for more (coffee), but Fate's fickle fingers said otherwise.

What adds insult to injury is that the carafe is a NON-STANDARD size and I can't even keep it as a backup for my current coffee maker.

FUCKHOLES!

Fin

xcrement5x

Gotta keep a backup coffee maker.  My in-laws loose them every couple years due to frequent power issues with where they live and have this old one from the 70s or something that still works fine and they'll pull out to use when the "new thing" breaks before they buy another replacement.

Secretly, I think my father-in-law loves this old coffee machine and refuses to let it become the mainstay of the house because he doesn't want to lose it.
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

esteban

Quote from: guest on 07/06/2017, 10:23 AMGotta keep a backup coffee maker.  My in-laws loose them every couple years due to frequent power issues with where they live and have this old one from the 70s or something that still works fine and they'll pull out to use when the "new thing" breaks before they buy another replacement.

Secretly, I think my father-in-law loves this old coffee machine and refuses to let it become the mainstay of the house because he doesn't want to lose it.
(1) I love your observation that he has a "fave" and is prolonging its life. My dad does this with his favorite toaster (no, I'm not joking...when guests arrive the toaster is safely hidden in the back of a cabinet. A "temp" toaster is available, should it be needed).

(2) The 1970's model...is it a Mr. Coffee? Since I was a kid, I loved Mr. Coffee because all the "adults" sat around the Altar of Mr. C.

crazydean

Mr Coffee is awesome. Mr Coffee always works. How could it not? It's a heating element with on/off switch.

Psycho Punch

Quote from: esteban on 07/06/2017, 09:38 AM
Quote from: Psycho Punch on 05/19/2017, 10:37 AMBrazilian bureaucracy. Just give me my work contract already you fucking cunts, stop trying to sabotage the hiring process with endless gotchas.
So, any updates on this?

I'm hired and happy :P
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!

esteban

Quote from: guest on 07/06/2017, 08:22 PM
Quote from: guest on 05/19/2017, 10:37 AMBrazilian bureaucracy. Just give me my work contract already you fucking cunts, stop trying to sabotage the hiring process with endless gotchas.
So, any updates on this?

Awesome. :)

TheClash603

Quote from: esteban on 07/06/2017, 10:16 PM
Quote from: guest on 07/06/2017, 08:22 PM
So, any updates on this?

Awesome. :)
THERE SHOULD BE NO HAPPINESS IN THIS THREAD!

esteban

blueraven

Quote from: esteban on 07/06/2017, 09:50 AMCURRENT ABOMINATION: My coffee maker, which has a POINTLESS touchscreen on it, has finally fucking died.

Just the screen died. The coffee maker would still function perfectly if I could simply hit a "brew" button.

NO BUTTONS. NOT A SINGLE BUTTON.

YOU FUCKHOLES.

Customer service said there was no way for me to swap out the screen (it's on a part that easily pops off... but the wires are not accessible without cracking open something inside the main coffee maker)...

So, of course I still have my old, neglected coffee maker that I had abandoned for the HOT, NEW THING.

Sadly, the hot, new thing's touch screen started getting flaky and unresponsive after 1.5 years.

OH, THE AGONY OF PLEADING WITH THE TOUCHSCREEN TO REGISTER A PRESS!

Please, please do not forsake me, my love! I am going to miss my train if you do not start brewing NOW. Now. NOW! Now, I beg of you! I'm already late, but if you start brewing now, I'll just RUN to catch the train. Please.

Please.

YOU SWEET PIECE OF SHITE!

Fuck you forever and ever.

Amen.

BOTTOM LINE: Enjoy your fleeting moments with a hot, new thing. They will soon be distant memories.

Farewell, love. I had hoped for more (coffee), but Fate's fickle fingers said otherwise.

What adds insult to injury is that the carafe is a NON-STANDARD size and I can't even keep it as a backup for my current coffee maker.

FUCKHOLES!

Fin
WHY THE FUCK DID YOU BUY THAT COFFEEMAKER

esteban

Quote from: blueraven on 07/09/2017, 06:48 PMWHY THE FUCK DID YOU BUY THAT COFFEEMAKER
It was not my choice.

I chose the basic model that still works.

But, sadly, we were lured in by the *alleged* features of high-tech gadgetry.

It is like buying a VCR-DVD-TV combo: you don't know if all the components are good quality and/or durable.

Sorry for the lame analogy, I couldn't think of a "modern" equivalent.

blueraven

Quote from: esteban on 07/09/2017, 08:42 PM
Quote from: blueraven on 07/09/2017, 06:48 PMWHY THE FUCK DID YOU BUY THAT COFFEEMAKER
It was not my choice.

I chose the basic model that still works.

But, sadly, we were lured in by the *alleged* features of high-tech gadgetry.

It is like buying a VCR-DVD-TV combo: you don't know if all the components are good quality and/or durable.

Sorry for the lame analogy, I couldn't think of a "modern" equivalent.
Ok, but it''s like, the $9 Mr. Cawfee thing with one button that makes it, and done versus the thing that gives you a back massage, cleans your pool, dies on your counter, and then you're going to Starbucks.

ClodBusted

My coffee maker.

IMG

Doesn't have a single button.
No electronics to die.
Spare parts (gasket, filter, etc.) readily available.
Will survive global warming and nuclear winter.

esteban

Quote from: guest on 07/10/2017, 04:15 AMMy coffee maker.

IMG

Doesn't have a single button.
No electronics to die.
Spare parts (gasket, filter, etc.) readily available.
Will survive global warming and nuclear winter.
Yes, I have a "camping" (cylindrical) aluminum pot where the coffee grinds are suspended up in a basket atop a pole and you can see the water percolate through the handle on top of lid.

I love seeing the water percolate in the clear crystal handle... it's so fun, satisfying.

The problem is that it doesn't make a gallon of coffee, just two modest cups. That's why I call it my "camping" coffee maker...

As an American, I "need" a gallon of coffee. Now. Even if I drink some of it cold. Later. Gimme it all now.

It is pathetic. But true.

o.pwuaioc

I've got this DeLonghi:

IMG

I pack in a double espresso and shoot it long. It's weaker per oz than a cup of espresso, but I have more of it and it's stronger than a regular cup of coffee, with a nice thick foam on top.

We got it through credit card points, though otherwise we would have continued using a moka pot.

ClodBusted

And this is what I got at work:

IMG

Easy to disassemble and clean. Has brewed more than 20.000 cups and is still going strong.

MotherGunner

-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

ClodBusted

I thought of videogame magazines when reading your post.

MotherGunner

-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

ClodBusted

blueraven

ClodBusted

blueraven

Are you kidding? My chemex makes a damn nice pot of coffee. Between the filters and the pyrex you can make even the beans at trader joe's drinkable.

o.pwuaioc

I have no idea what "Guulaaaia" is supposed to mean. I can hear the rest of the sentence, though.

esteban

This is my coffee maker:

IMG

...and I despise anyone who says they can do better.

crazydean

Quote from: esteban on 07/11/2017, 04:13 AMThis is my coffee maker:
IMG

...and I despise anyone who says they can do better.

What is a "coffee drink" ? Why isn't it just called "coffee with milk". That's sketchy...

xcrement5x

Got a flat tire this morning,  ughhh. I feel like I get at least one a year from my commute.  Already set up the appointment for the afternoon, hopefully it's patchable.
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

TelcoSurveyor

I'm the Wind, Baby!

NecroPhile

Quote from: guest on 07/11/2017, 12:32 PMGot a flat tire this morning,  ughhh. I feel like I get at least one a year from my commute.  Already set up the appointment for the afternoon, hopefully it's patchable.
That sucks.  I've been driving for 20+ years since last getting a flat, but now I've gotten two in the last year or so.  Luckily they were both patchable, though, and were slow leaks that I could keep aired up and not need to slap on the spare.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Gypsy

I get them semi-frequently, but I'm in a rural area and the roads are not great. However it is generally fixable w/o a full replacement.

Arkhan Asylum

This is why I buy that cool ass 15$/tire warranty that lasts ten years and fixes my tires of I run shit over.

ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

NecroPhile

I have that, so the repairs didn't cost me anything, but it's still inconvenient and takes time that I'd rather spend playing Turbobs or jerking off.

Gypsy

NecroPhile

What else ya gonna do during that Babbette shower scene?

esteban

ClodBusted

esteban

Quote from: crazydean on 07/11/2017, 10:06 AMWhat is a "coffee drink"? Why isn't it just called "coffee with milk". That's sketchy...
Ha! I know!

Marketing folks have nothing but LE MÉPRIS—contempt—for consumers, especially when they are targeting a market—Le Dumbeau Americain—that won't buy something unless they feel safe. 

Label it a "drink" and Le Dumbeau Americain feels *slightly* less ignorant.

Psycho Punch

Quote from: guest on 07/12/2017, 04:49 AMIMG

...giant signatures, larger than the post itself. Aren't they gorgeous? Who doesn't love them?

Quote from: esteban on 07/11/2017, 09:15 PMhttps://junk.tg-16.com/images/fap_turbo.png
:shock:
1: Neo-Geo.com style signatures, who doesn't love 'em.
2: Who knew that the secret to profit in money trading was to powerfap.
3: I actually tried to click on the "quote" button inside the picture to quote your post lol.

xcrement5x

Quote from: Gypsy on 07/11/2017, 04:10 PMI get them semi-frequently, but I'm in a rural area and the roads are not great. However it is generally fixable w/o a full replacement.
This tire already had a couple patches done on it unfortunately, plus I think I drove on it a bit too long and fuxxord the sidewall.  Wound up getting a new front pair and will slap the good one on an extra rim I have to have a cheapo full sized spare tire finally.

Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 07/11/2017, 04:32 PMThis is why I buy that cool ass 15$/tire warranty that lasts ten years and fixes my tires of I run shit over.

ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Lol, I got that with my new set of tires actually.  Go Discount Tire, they've never done me wrong yet. 

Gypsy

eBay sellers that don't know how to properly ship stuff.

Gypsy

esteban

Quote from: Gypsy on 07/12/2017, 12:33 PMeBay sellers that don't know how to properly ship stuff.
Can you scan those magazine for me?

J/k

Gypsy

wildfruit

esteban

(1) The lack of time, in general...

(2) When I underestimate the amount of time required to do simple little things when you have three kids...

(1) + (2) = bliss

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: esteban on 08/17/2017, 05:04 PM(1) The lack of time, in general...
It seems like there's still right around 24 hours  every day
--DragonmasterDan