Starting collecting PCE and tip of Top Games?

Started by MXS, 05/14/2009, 02:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MXS

Hi everyone!
I am new on the forum and have decided to start to collect PCE games.
I have looked around, and it seems that a PCE Duo wouldbe the best for me, I already have some HuCards since I own a PCE GT handheld console. But I want a lot of CD games to, so it seems that a PCE Duo would fit perfect.

Is it worth to buy a Duo R och RX, or is i fine with a standard Duo?
Please let me know your guys experience of the Duo-consoles.

I also want tips of great (top games) in the following genres:

Shooters (both HuCard and DC)
Puzzle games (both HuCard and DC)
Platformers (both HuCard and DC)

One more question.. can I play US (Turbografx games) on a JAP system (Duo) ?
Or do I need som converter?

Thanks a lot!
Markus (from Sweden)
My videogame collection: http://www.mxs.se

gat

Let me the first to say welcome!! I'm also new to this forum and it's been great. The people are nice and there's a lot of info.

I've read that the Duo-Rs are the more reliable system.. but they are more expensive. Yes; you'll need a converter or a mod to play Japanese Hu cards on a US system. Japanese CD-Rom games will play on the US system without a converter or mod.

Fantasy Zone, Air Zonk and Lords of Thunder are the shooters that stand out in my mind. I haven't played em in years though... I have a duo on the way soo.. I be playin em soon! I can't think of any many platforms off the top of my head.. except the Bonk games.. which are great!

Another board member has some great game reviews. Check em out!
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL75F8CCAC0D21A523
wayback.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=75F8CCAC0D21A523

Arkhan Asylum

a US System cant play Japanese games and vice versa.

In terms of Duo systems, (keep in mind ANY region's CD system can play ANY regions CD games...no limits!)

1) the Duo-R or RX is best to locate.  You can play Japanese hucards, and any CD game.

plus, you can get the arcade card and play Arcade CD games.

then, you can get it region modified to play US Hucards also.

2) buy a US Duo (which has sound issues that need fixed due to the age of the system and stuff) and have it region modded to play japanese hucards, and then you can do the same as 1)

3) Get a US Turbo-Grafx 16 + CD add on, and again, get it region modded to play Japanese huCards (or use a Hucard converter) then buy a system card 3.0 putting you back at doing what 1) can do.  (Or get a Japanese PC Engine + CD add on and region mod to play US cards...)

these are the best options.... ranked from BEST to WORST

Once you region mod a US based TurboGrafx system, you can get a cheaper Japanese sys card 3, since the US version is expensive/rare.

Another option (what I do...) I have a Duo-R to play Japanese games + CD stuff, and then a US TG16+CD to play US games.  takes up more space, but skips having to region mod your system.

Gamewise my favorites:

Shooters: Fantasy Zone, Lords of Thunder, Final Soldier, Psychosis, Tatsujin
Puzzle: puyo puyo CD, Skweek, Puznic, Panic Bomber
Platformer: Parasol Stars, any Bonk game, Shockman, Kaze Kiri, Ninja Spirit, Dracula X

Check out pcengine.co.uk for more stuff!

:)

This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

MXS

Thanks for quick and friendly answers! :)

I mostly like japanese PCE games, so I think I will go for a JAP system.
So if I want to play both CDs and HuCards I will need the Duo-System of course.

But what is the best argument to buy a Duo-R or RX ? Instead of the standard Duo-System?
They removed a sound port on the newer system right? Do I need this for any use?

Is the R and RX-models better in any way? (technical, faster?)
Can they play more games then the Standard-Duo?

And what is a good price to pay for a complete good boxed version of  Duo, Duo-R and Duo-RX?
(so I don´t pay a too high price)

Thanks for helping me!

Tatsujin

Quote from: guest on 05/14/2009, 02:53 AMIn terms of Duo systems, (keep in mind ANY region's CD system can play ANY regions CD games...no limits!)
there are some limits like altered beast :lol:
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: Tatsujin on 05/14/2009, 04:47 AM
Quote from: guest on 05/14/2009, 02:53 AMIn terms of Duo systems, (keep in mind ANY region's CD system can play ANY regions CD games...no limits!)
there are some limits like altered beast :lol:
lol. Shucky darns.  :lol:

Welcome to the gong show MXS! :)

The Duo-R is definitely your best bet, especially since you're more interested in PCE games. As for recommended games, I'd go for:

New Adventure Island (HuCard) - Addicting as all heck.
Gate of Thunder 3 in 1 (SuperCD) - might as well pick up the US version that has Bonk, Bonk's Revenge and a Bomberman easter egg on one CD.
Nexzr (SuperCD) - You can pick this awesome shooter up for pretty cheap now, so I'd take advantage. You won't regret it. There's Nexzr and Nexzr Special (Summer Carnival  '93). The only difference between the two versions is that Nexzr Special dropped the animated cut scenes for other gameplay modes.
Dungeon Explorer (HuCard) - Just get it.  :lol:
Ninja Spirit - Can't go wrong with this one either.

The list goes on, but these are some of my top picks.
IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

Tatsujin

and of course the uber fabulous seirei senshi spriggan! :D
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

MXS

Thanks ceti alpha for the recommended games!

My friend have Summer Carneval 93 on Famicom, so I know it, it´s a really great hori-shooter!

Dungeon Explorer do I have on HuCard to play on my PCE GT, also great game.

So I will check out these titles!
New Adventure Island (HuCard)
Gate of Thunder 3 in 1 (SuperCD)
Nexzr (SuperCD)
Ninja Spirit

But what is the big difference beteween the standard Duo-system and the Duo-R system? I need to get things clear for me :) Please compare them and explain why I should go for the R-system and not just the standard Duo-console.

Tatsujin: Seirei Senshi Spriggan (PC Engine) it looks really good, smooth with nice graphics, I didn´t see any slowdowns either when I looked at it on youtube.

Is it expensive to get?

One other game I have heard about that is expensive is Ginga Fukei Densetsu Sapphire, is it really good and worth the money? Or is it more like a collectable rare game?

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: MXS on 05/14/2009, 08:31 AMThanks ceti alpha for the recommended games!

My friend have Summer Carneval 93 on Famicom, so I know it, it´s a really great hori-shooter!

Dungeon Explorer do I have on HuCard to play on my PCE GT, also great game.

So I will check out these titles!
New Adventure Island (HuCard)
Gate of Thunder 3 in 1 (SuperCD)
Nexzr (SuperCD)
Ninja Spirit

But what is the big difference beteween the standard Duo-system and the Duo-R system? I need to get things clear for me :) Please compare them and explain why I should go for the R-system and not just the standard Duo-console.

Tatsujin: Seirei Senshi Spriggan (PC Engine) it looks really good, smooth with nice graphics, I didn´t see any slowdowns either when I looked at it on youtube.

Is it expensive to get?

One other game I have heard about that is expensive is Ginga Fukei Densetsu Sapphire, is it really good and worth the money? Or is it more like a collectable rare game?
You're friend had Summer Carnival '92 Recca. Nexzr (Summer Carnival '93) is a different game, but was given a Carnival Release. :)

I'm embarrassed to say I don't have Spriggan, but I've put it on my top 10 wishlist. I'll be picking it up quite soon.  :oops:

Sapphire is great. It's not the very best shooter for the PCE, but it has 2 player co-op and not to mention fantastic graphics that hold up even today. It has a very arcade-like feel to it. But you'll need the Arcade Card Duo in order to play it, which you can get for cheap. Sapphire is quite rare, but you can find high quality bootlegs for relatively cheap. Someone just got the bootleg with the Arcade Card for $100 smackaroos just the other day on a sale here on these forums. If you're not worried about buying expensive games then Dracula X: Rondo of Blood. Just amazing.
IMG

MXS

Yes sorry.. it´s titled '92 Recca of course! (he founded it for cheap money when he was in Tokuo last year)

I picked up a copy of Rondo of Blood recently from a friend, I got it for 550 SEK (=70.00 US dollar).
Nice condition but missing spine. Supercool game, the graphics are incredible to be on PCE. And the music is so good.

Why do I have to have a "Arcade Card Duo" to play Sapphire? And what is a Arcade Card Duo?
I did thought I just could own a PCE Duo to play all cd games, isn´t that enough?

Tatsujin

Quote from: ceti alpha on 05/14/2009, 09:26 AMI'm embarrassed to say I don't have Spriggan, but I've put it on my top 10 wishlist. I'll be picking it up quite soon.  :oops:
yeah, that story I hear now since days. and when do you consider to buy it? :donkey:

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: MXS on 05/14/2009, 09:45 AMWhy do I have to have a "Arcade Card Duo" to play Sapphire? And what is a Arcade Card Duo?
I did thought I just could own a PCE Duo to play all cd games, isn´t that enough?
The Arcade Card basically beefs up the memory of the PC Engine. It's a HuCard that you pop into the HuCard slot. There's the Arcade Card Pro and the Arcade Card Duo. The Arcade Card Pro is for the PC Engine briefcase set up and the Arcade Card Duo is for the Duo systems. The Duo systems already have the SuperCD System Card built into them.

Here's the compatibility guide for all the various NEC consoles found on this site:

https://www.pcengine-fx.com/main/nec_compatibility_guide.html

And here's a video from Retroware TV about the Arcade Card, which should explain everything:

http://vodpod.com/watch/1016935-pc-engine-arcade-card-retroware-tv-turbo-grafx
IMG

MXS

OK I see! (and I saw the Retroware video, good documented and explained)
So the Arcade Card a Memory Expansion. How much cost a Arcade Card for the Duo? Are they rare to find?

Because it´s using the HuCard port on the system then I understand that it´s only a expansion for CD games right? No HuCards can be used with the Arcade Card?

Thanks for helping a new (soon) "PCE Lover" out.. :)

Tatsujin

Quote from: MXS on 05/14/2009, 10:28 AMSo the Arcade Card a Memory Expansion. How much cost a Arcade Card for the Duo? Are they rare to find?
it depends on where you search :) ebay offers them periodically for about 20~30 bucks. remember that you only need to buy the arcade card DUO, not the PRO. the DUO is normally about 30% cheaper. but of course the PRO will do the same job as well. so just buy the one which you can find for the cheapest.

Quote from: MXS on 05/14/2009, 10:28 AMBecause it´s using the HuCard port on the system then I understand that it´s only a expansion for CD games right? No HuCards can be used with the Arcade Card?
you are right!

Quote from: MXS on 05/14/2009, 10:28 AMThanks for helping a new (soon) "PCE Lover" out.. :)
you are welcome :)

and don't you forget about register on www.pcedaisakusen.net to add and maintain your collection and share to compare with other fellows :)

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: Tatsujin on 05/14/2009, 10:53 AMThe DUO is normally about 30% cheaper. but of course the PRO will do the same job as well. so just buy the one which you can find for the cheapest.
I thought the Arcade Card Pro didn't work with the Duo. :-k
IMG

Tatsujin

Quote from: ceti alpha on 05/14/2009, 11:50 AM
Quote from: Tatsujin on 05/14/2009, 10:53 AMThe DUO is normally about 30% cheaper. but of course the PRO will do the same job as well. so just buy the one which you can find for the cheapest.
but it does, just there is no further benefit of the additional system rom 3.0, which already is containing in the PCE DUO ;)

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: Tatsujin on 05/14/2009, 12:06 PM
Quote from: Tatsujin on 05/14/2009, 10:53 AMThe DUO is normally about 30% cheaper. but of course the PRO will do the same job as well. so just buy the one which you can find for the cheapest
but it does, just there is no further benefit of the additional system rom 3.0, which already is containing in the PCE DUO ;)
Ah!  :idea: So, it's just the Arcade Card Pro that won't work on the Duo?

...see, there's always much teh learn.  :wink:
IMG

Tatsujin

Quote from: ceti alpha on 05/14/2009, 12:45 PM
Quote from: Tatsujin on 05/14/2009, 12:06 PM
Quote from: Tatsujin on 05/14/2009, 10:53 AMThe DUO is normally about 30% cheaper. but of course the PRO will do the same job as well. so just buy the one which you can find for the cheapest
Ah!  :idea: So, it's just the Arcade Card Pro that won't work on the Duo?

as I said, the PRO is not supposed to be used with the DUO in the first place, but it won't refuse its original purpose on it :)

so both will work, but the DUO is usually cheaper than the PRO. but if you can find the PRO for a stealin' price, so why not buy it? ;)

NecroPhile

Welcome aboard!  In addition to the other fine recommendations, I'll add Soldier Blade, Dead Moon, Bomberman '94, Splash Lake, Buster Bros., Splatterhouse, Godzilla, and Dungeon Explorer II (since you already have the first one).

Quote from: MXS on 05/14/2009, 08:31 AMBut what is the big difference beteween the standard Duo-system and the Duo-R system? I need to get things clear for me :) Please compare them and explain why I should go for the R-system and not just the standard Duo-console.
Outside of aesthetics, there's not many differences.  The Duo-R has fewer capacitor problems than the Duo and lacks the headphone output of the Duo, but that's nearly useless anyway; the Duo-RX is nearly identical to the Duo-R, though it was packaged with a 6-button controller.  Functionally, the Duo/Duo-R/Duo-RX are identical, besides the aforementioned headphone jack.

Quote from: ceti alpha on 05/14/2009, 12:45 PMAh!  :idea: So, it's just the Arcade Card Pro that won't work on the Duo?

Canadians.....  :roll:         :P

You have that backwards - the Arcade Card Duo won't work on a PCE-CD, only a Pro will work.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: guest on 05/14/2009, 01:19 PMWelcome aboard!  In addition to the other fine recommendations, I'll add Soldier Blade, Dead Moon, Bomberman '94, Splash Lake, Buster Bros., Splatterhouse, Godzilla, and Dungeon Explorer II (since you already have the first one).

Quote from: MXS on 05/14/2009, 08:31 AMBut what is the big difference beteween the standard Duo-system and the Duo-R system? I need to get things clear for me :) Please compare them and explain why I should go for the R-system and not just the standard Duo-console.
Outside of aesthetics, there's not many differences.  The Duo-R has fewer capacitor problems than the Duo and lacks the headphone output of the Duo, but that's nearly useless anyway; the Duo-RX is nearly identical to the Duo-R, though it was packaged with a 6-button controller.  Functionally, the Duo/Duo-R/Duo-RX are identical, besides the aforementioned headphone jack.

Quote from: ceti alpha on 05/14/2009, 12:45 PMAh!  :idea: So, it's just the Arcade Card Pro that won't work on the Duo?

Canadians.....  :roll:         :P

You have that backwards - the Arcade Card Duo won't work on a PCE-CD, only a Pro will work.
:lol: #-o

This is absurd. OK:

Arcade Card Pro works with briefcase and Duo R/RX?

Arcade Card Duo only works with the Duo?
IMG

NecroPhile

Quote from: ceti alpha on 05/14/2009, 01:38 PM:lol: #-o

This is absurd. OK:

More or less: the Arcade Card Pro will work with any CD system, the Arcade Card Duo will work only with Super-CD capable systems (Duo, Duo-R, Duo-RX, Super-CDROM2 add-on, and the LaserActive).

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: guest on 05/14/2009, 01:51 PM
Quote from: ceti alpha on 05/14/2009, 01:38 PM:lol: #-o

This is absurd. OK:

More or less: the Arcade Card Pro will work with any CD system, the Arcade Card Duo will work only with Super-CD capable systems (Duo, Duo-R, Duo-RX, Super-CDROM2 add-on, and the LaserActive).
Say that five time fast.  :lol:
IMG

MXS

Thanks for the gamelist Nekromancer, I will check them out, I know some of them by other consoles.

Tatsujin: OK! I think I will spend my money on a Japanese Duo-system with a Arcade Card Duo then.

I have done a registration on http://www.pcedaisakusen.net now! :) I will put up my collection online when I have one! 8)

rag-time4

MXS, Image Fight is a very fun, tough shooter you should be able to get fairly cheap. (PCE hu) Gate of Thunder and Lords of Thunder both feature lots of eye candy, great music, and great gameplay (CD). Super Star Soldier is somewhat unpopular but it's pretty difficult as well and has some excellent music and very nice graphics (PCE hu)

For platformers, check out the Legendary Axe games (makyou densetsu, ankoku densets on PCE hu), and if you're an adventure Island fan JJ and Jeff (Turbochip) or Kato Chan & Ken Chan (PCE hu) is a very fun platformer you can get on the cheap.

Tatsujin

Quote from: ceti alpha on 05/14/2009, 01:38 PMThis is absurd. OK:

still didn't got it, huh? :lol:

DUO = DUO & DUO-R & DUO-RX = all the same = DUOs :idea:

:D

MXS

rag-time4: Thanks for the recommendation! :) I have already had my eyes on Gate of Thunder and Lords of Thunder, they really looks great in graphic, I definitely think I will spend some money on them 8)

I will check out mage Fight for PCE.. (I already got i on Famicom, I think I have to compare them.. end choose the best one)

Super Star Soldier sounds good, I know the Star Soldier games from the NES and Famicom consoles.

I will begin with the shooters, and then I will go for platformers and puzzle games. :)

Arkhan Asylum

Isnt the way to explain it more like

Arcade Pro: Anything with a HuCard slot and CD drive from Japan
Duo: Anything that says Duo in the model, from Japan?

Anyway MXS, the best arguments for getting an R or RX over a regular duo, like was mentioned, is the sound capacitor problem.

The only incentive for a standard Duo is if you prefer a black system.

and R vs Rx boils down to a minor color variation (whiteish, vs. grayish) and a pack in controller difference...

but, both pack in controllers are meh, and you should get an Avenue 6 pad anyways, so it doesn't matter much! O:)
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Tatsujin

Quote from: guest on 05/15/2009, 04:24 AMIsnt the way to explain it more like

not 100%ly, since the super cd-rom2 also works already with the AC DUO, since it already has the system rom 3.0 built-in (therefore the term "super" in its name ;) )

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: Tatsujin on 05/15/2009, 12:31 AM
Quote from: ceti alpha on 05/14/2009, 01:38 PMThis is absurd. OK:

still didn't got it, huh? :lol:

DUO = DUO & DUO-R & DUO-RX = all the same = DUOs :idea:

:D
haha. Oh! I was talking about the Cards, not the actual consoles.  :lol:

...so the Arcade Card Duo only works with the Duo R, but the Arcade Card Pro only works with the Duo RX?  :P
IMG

NecroPhile

Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 05/15/2009, 04:24 AMIsnt the way to explain it more like

That's the best way to explain it..... if you want to be wrong!  Neither the LaserActive or the Super-CDROM2 have the word 'Duo' in their names.  :P

Quote from: ceti alpha on 05/15/2009, 07:36 AM...so the Arcade Card Duo only works with the Duo R, but the Arcade Card Pro only works with the Duo RX?  :P
Ahhhh, I get it: a moose kicked you in the head.  That explains a lot.  :lol:

Mathius

Quote from: Tatsujin on 05/14/2009, 08:22 AMand of course the uber fabulous seirei senshi spriggan! :D
I can attest to that statement :D

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: guest on 05/15/2009, 10:28 AM
Quote from: ceti alpha on 05/15/2009, 07:36 AM...so the Arcade Card Duo only works with the Duo R, but the Arcade Card Pro only works with the Duo RX?  :P
And he did it with a smile on his face.  :lol:

IMG
IMG

Tatsujin

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: NecroPhile on 05/15/2009, 10:28 AM
Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 05/15/2009, 04:24 AMIsnt the way to explain it more like

That's the best way to explain it..... if you want to be wrong!  Neither the LaserActive or the Super-CDROM2 have the word 'Duo' in their names.  :P

woops, left out my OR in that and part to cover that supa ceedee rom part

and, Laser Active.

Heheeeee, youre funny.

CrackTiger

I try not to recommend expensive games to people starting out with Turbo/PCE. The best expensive games aren't any better than the best cheap games and instead of dropping $1000 on a handful of games, they could start off with up to 50 - 75 great games. Down below I listed some variety, but with prices.

Quote from: MXS on 05/14/2009, 02:16 AMIs it worth to buy a Duo R och RX, or is i fine with a standard Duo?
Please let me know your guys experience of the Duo-consoles.
If you're looking for a reliable fully functional console to play as many games as possible, buy a Duo or Duo RX, whichever you find a better deal for. Even if you don't plan on getting any mods anytime soon.

There are few U.S. HuCard games you need in english to play and U.S. Some games are more expensive than the PC Engine version and some are cheaper. From your favorite genres, there aren't any games that you need the U.S. version of except to save money at times. The cheapest way to play U.S. HuCards is normally just to buy a TurboGrafx-16, but I don't know how that will work out for you for shipping.

Ginga Fukei Densetsu Sapphire is definitely NOT worth the money. Download an iso and try it before considering a purchase. If for some reason you still decide to spend hundreds of dollars on it, beware of counterfeits.

QuoteI've incliI also want tips of great (top games) in the following genres:

Shooters (both HuCard and DC)
Puzzle games (both HuCard and DC)
Platformers (both HuCard and DC)
The prices I've included are the most you should buy them for, because if you're patient you can find them for these prices or less.

CD Shooters-

Gate of Thunder U.S. (includes Bonk 1, Bonk 2 and Bomberman) $45
Gate of Thunder PCE $30 - $35
Lords of Thunder $30 - $35
Forgotten Worlds Turbo/PCE $30 - $35
Macross 2036 $30 - $35
Super Darius $10 - $20
Super Darius II $50 - $70
Side Arms Special $10
Gradius 2 $20 - $30
Star Parodia $30 - $40
Spriggan $50
Spriggan Mark2 $40
Monster Lair (great platformer/shooter) $10 - $20

HuCard Shooters-

Aeroblasters $10 - $20
Final Soldier $10- $20
Super Star Soldier PCE $10
Soldier Blade $30 - $40
Blazing LaZers $10 aka Gunhed PCE $30
PC Denjin $30 - $40
Salamander $15 - $25
Parodius $10 - $20
Side Arms (for your PCE GT) $10 - $20

The two best shooters overall are Lords/Winds of Thunder and Gate of Thunder. So don't bother buying anything more expensive until you get those two.

CD Puzzle games-

Puyo Puyo CD $5 -$10
Panic Bomber $20 - $25
Splash Lake (puzzle/platformer) $10 - $20

HuCard Puzzle games-

Columns $5 - $15
Mesopotamia (awesome puzzle/platformer/shooter) $20 - $30

CD Platformers-

Valis III (action/platformer) $20 - $30
Conan Boy of Future $5 - $10
Exile/XZR (action/adventure/platformer) $5 - $10 new for the U.S. version
Rainbow Islands $50

HuCard Platformers-

Ken Chan & Kato Chan $5 - $20
Son Son II $20 - $25
Ninja Spirit (arcade action/platformer) $10 - $20
Bonk 1 & 2/PC Genjin 1 & 2 -just buy the U.S. Gate of Thunder
Bonk 3/PC Genjin 3 $50
Takahashi Meijin aka New Adventure Island $20 - $30
Adventure Island (Wonder Boy III SMS) $5 - $15
Youkai Douchuki $5

If you like Dungeon Explorer, you should get Dungeon Explorer II PCE $20, it's one of the very best PCE games. You'll likely also enjoy Bloody Wolf, an awesome run 'n gun/Mercs/Wolf of the Battlefield style HuCard game for $5 - $30.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Arkhan Asylum

Id say that last list is pretty much the best rundown.

Dont forget Skweek and Tricky Kick!

and boxy boy, and somer assault.

(for strange puzzley games)

theyre all pretty cheap

CrackTiger

Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

boogiecat

Cotton and some fighting games for the PC Engine..

MXS

CrackTiger: Thanks a lot! I really appriciate your list, very friendly of you to write prices too, so I don´t pay too much for the games. I will set up my own wantlist soon. And then start to find the games I think is the most interesting and best buys for me.

exile

I'm new here but I'd recommend the sleeper gams too Chew man fu is a puzzler game and very cute graphics and animation

Side scroller: Vigilante is cheap and has some bad @$$ music

While some may disagree but I'm rather fond of the MOto roader games In your case MOto roader 2 and possible MC if you enjoy racing titles

MXS

I looked at "Chew man", it looked a bit fun, lika a mix of bomberman, lolo/eggerland and something more.. :)

NecroPhile

Quote from: MXS on 05/19/2009, 03:27 PMI looked at "Chew man", it looked a bit fun, lika a mix of bomberman, lolo/eggerland and something more.. :)
It's good fun, colorful, and has nicely sprites, though the music and maps are repetitive (multi-screen maps would've been great).  It's mediocre as a one-player game, but the two-player mode nudges it into the above average group for me.  Besides, who doesn't enjoy cute girls with ball handling skills?

MXS

CrackTiger

Quote from: MXS on 05/19/2009, 03:27 PMI looked at "Chew man", it looked a bit fun, lika a mix of bomberman, lolo/eggerland and something more.. :)
The PCE version is titled "Be Ball".

exile