OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

grrr...Video Questiion

Started by Gogan, 05/18/2009, 10:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gogan

Okay, so I was playing my duo and noticed on Gate of Thunder some of the brighter colors had lines through them (e.g. my shield and some big lights in stage 1). I am playing on a Vizio lcd tv. Other games have done this too, in Exile when you hit someone or get hit. I don't have a video mod, and was wondering if a mod would solve this problem, or any other way that might work. There is a game setting on the  tv which really just brightens up the colors, but whatever mode I am in, the problem persists. Does anyone have any screenshots of before/after video mod that you wouldn't mind posting? I am sure there are some in a thread, but haven't found the time to search through, and this is mildly annoying. I would really appreciate some screenshots as I am thinking of doing this anyway, also if you know any mod options that are possible for enhancing my video, I'm a little confused what does what.

Thankks
-Gogan
Nothin beats the real thing.

CrackTiger

An RGB or S-Video mod will improve the picture, but the main problem is your TV. If you want the games to look right, you'll have to get a crt.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

TurboXray

sounds like the TV is treating the video signal as 480i instead of 240p. Such LCD/displays try to frame interpolate the two fields. Sounds like you're seeing an artifact from this processes (I've seen this before).

Gogan

So the crt, what is it and how much would set me back?

spenoza

A CRT is just a traditional tube TV. They're pretty cheap these days, but most of the ones still on the market are of lesser quality. The prime days of the tube TV are past. Might be worth finding a used WEGA or something.

Gogan

So iam basically screwed for fixing this problem on my current tv? I have a crt but want to keep my duo in my room and not bring in the other tv from my basement

ccovell

It sounds like flickering (60hz) images, such as the usual shadows in fighting games, are being deinterlaced by the TV.  So instead of seeing a flickery 240-line image at 60hz (which is as usual on CRTs), your TV (and probably most LCD TVs out there) is combining fields to make a 480-line image at 30hz.

Gogan

Thanks for the info, I can deal with it, for it is only a minor inconvenience    :D

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: Gogan on 05/20/2009, 04:38 PMThanks for the info, I can deal with it, for it is only a minor inconvenience    :D
hit up a thrift shop for a cheap CRT

the older the better!
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!