10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

Progress on Project MONOLITH... some technical mumbo jumbo inside

Started by OldRover, 12/25/2011, 11:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spenoza

Looks like a lot of fun. The character still seems to move just a hair too fast, though. Looks like some of those jumping bits could get frustrating.

OldRover

I'm wondering how that antique version of the game even got out... did I forget something?
Turbo Badass Rank: Janne (6 of 12 clears)
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

TheClash603

I just watched that demo for the first time and this looks really great.  Awesome!

Mathius

Quote from: OldRover on 06/30/2013, 12:25 PMI'm wondering how that antique version of the game even got out... did I forget something?
This was the Midwest Gaming Classic demo. It is on its way to me for safe keeping. :)

OldRover

Quote from: Mathius on 06/30/2013, 03:25 PMThis was the Midwest Gaming Classic demo. It is on its way to me for safe keeping. :)
How did it get out though? I don't remember sending anyone a disc, and I certainly would not have sent out such an early version... that build is so antique, its legs got termites. :)
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

Mathius

Quote from: OldRover on 06/30/2013, 10:14 PM
Quote from: Mathius on 06/30/2013, 03:25 PMThis was the Midwest Gaming Classic demo. It is on its way to me for safe keeping. :)
How did it get out though? I don't remember sending anyone a disc, and I certainly would not have sent out such an early version... that build is so antique, its legs got termites. :)
I believe Keranu supplied it. He joined us on that Saturday, I believe. Nice guy!

We didn't do anything sneaky to get it.  :P

Tatsujin

www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

OldRover

Quote from: Mathius on 06/30/2013, 10:46 PMI believe Keranu supplied it. He joined us on that Saturday, I believe. Nice guy!

We didn't do anything sneaky to get it.  :P
:lol: Right on, no problem. :) If I had known though, I would have supplied him with a more up-to-date build. And yes, Keranu rocks. :D

Tatsujin

www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

ParanoiaDragon

IMG

cabbage

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: ParanoiaDragon on 07/01/2013, 08:01 AMWasn't this demo also shown at last years CCAG?
No.  I only demoed Mysterious Song back in like 2010.

This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

DHG Hunter

IMHO, the proto - even in this early stage - was pretty amazing and very much an enjoyable game!   The only issue we had with it at the MGC was the fact that if someone died it wouldn't revert back to the title screen, so we had to do a soft reset on it for the folks that didn't know how to do that on a PCE/Turbo.  Other than that, it was absolutely fine.  Nobody expected a completed game at the show and everybody that played it came away impressed with it!  :)

Later.

DHG Hunter

Quote from: guest on 06/30/2013, 11:51 AMLooks like a lot of fun. The character still seems to move just a hair too fast, though. Looks like some of those jumping bits could get frustrating.
I played it once before recording to test out the pass-through on my capture card and had absolutely no problems with the platforming stuff.  Then of course when I began recording I missed a jump or two and one time fell quite a ways.  I ended up leaving it in the recording because while it maybe didn't make my game playing look perfect (heh), it served to show that long falls didn't kill the character or harm him at least in this proto.  I'm typically not someone that likes putting an "until I die" video up on YouTube without at least playing it a bit before recording, but IMHO it sometimes makes for a better video because folks can learn more about the game's penalties and obstacles than simply playing a perfect game.

Later.

seieienbu

Any chance I could here more about where you guys were demo-ing the game?
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

Mathius

Quote from: seieienbu on 07/02/2013, 07:04 AMAny chance I could here more about where you guys were demo-ing the game?
You mean the venue? Here is a link:

http://www.midwestgamingclassic.com/

seieienbu

Current want list:  Bomberman 93