10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

TurboFest Tour 2016 - Second Stop VGS on July 16th!!

Started by chany60126, 05/17/2016, 09:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chany60126

Turbo Fest is returning to Chicagoland!! The summertime classic is back with more fun and more games to play. Come take part in our exciting 5-player Battle Lode Runner and Bomberman 94 tourney matches. Then try to navigate the treacherous obstacles Aldynes throws your way in this high scoring shooter tournament. 1st and 2nd place trophies will be awarded to the winners! Pictured below are the trophies from last year.

Tournament times are as follows:

Battle Lode Runner: 11 AM
Bomberman 94: 1 PM
Aldynes: 3 PM

The event will take place July 16th at a newer and bigger venue which is the Odeum Expo Center. The address is 1033 N. Villa Ave. Villa Park,IL. Villa Park is located a couple of miles west of Chicago. Turbo Fest is part of a retro-gaming convention called the Video Game Summit (VGS). The show, as well as Turbo Fest, will run from 10 AM-7 PM. There will be people selling retro games and many other tournaments for other consoles as well.

Admission to the convention is $10, but the price is well worth the admission. Entrance into our tournaments is 100% free. We would love to meet fellow T-16 enthusiasts such as yourselves. 

In comparison to MGC, the VGS is smaller. However, you will find that the gaming area is very spacious and can do a great job accommodating the awesomeness that is Turbo Fest. If you have any questions, please let me know.

Come spend the day with your PCEFX brethren.

Let's keep the good times rolling!

IMG

IMG

IMG

jtucci31

I'm practicing for that Aldynes tournament  :mrgreen:

IMG

Flare65

Wow...been years since I've been to the Odeum Expo center.  As a matter of fact, NEC ran some Turbo Graphix 16 demos there at the same time the Haunted House was running....this was way back in the fall of 1988 or 1989.  I remember a few kids in my junior high school won some Turbo Graphix 16 tee shirts from getting a high score in Blazing Lasers at the Odeum.

Fuck, I'm feeling old right now.....

NightWolve

Quote from: Flare65 on 05/20/2016, 12:15 AMWow...been years since I've been to the Odeum Expo center.  As a matter of fact, NEC ran some Turbo Graphix 16 demos there at the same time the Haunted House was running....this was way back in the fall of 1988 or 1989. 
I actually went to one of their Haunted House events when I was a kid. ;) My dad lived less than a mile away from it when he was alive.

munchiaz

Sounds awesome. EVO is going on during the same time though, so my hands are tied

NecroPhile

Quote from: guest on 05/19/2016, 04:52 PMI'm practicing for that Aldynes tournament  :mrgreen:
Because you know Dan already has the Bomberman and Lode Runner tournaments locked down?  :lol:
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

JoshTurboTrollX

Very cool Chany!!  YAY!!  You throw the best tournaments!  Should be awesome!

Not too sure I'll be able to make the journey out, but I might be able to still.  :)
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

jtucci31

Quote from: guest on 05/20/2016, 12:16 PM
Quote from: guest on 05/19/2016, 04:52 PMI'm practicing for that Aldynes tournament  :mrgreen:
Because you know Dan already has the Bomberman and Lode Runner tournaments locked down?  :lol:
Well last year I won the shooter tournament and came in second in Bomberman. This year we are taking that fucker down :twisted:

chany60126

Quote from: guest on 05/20/2016, 04:20 PM
Quote from: guest on 05/20/2016, 12:16 PM
Well last year I won the shooter tournament and came in second in Bomberman. This year we are taking that fucker down :twisted:
Dan did lose at Bomberman one year. Anything is possible.  :P

Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 05/20/2016, 04:14 PMVery cool Chany!!  YAY!!  You throw the best tournaments!  Should be awesome!

Not too sure I'll be able to make the journey out, but I might be able to still.  :) 

Thanks for the good words, Josh. :)

majors

Is anyone thinking about driving in for this? I plan to hit Galloping Ghosts on Friday when I fly in, then hit VGS on Sat.  I'll fly out Sunday. If an obeyer want's to cart my ass around, that'd be swell. If someone staying in a hotel nearby, I can book there also so we can ride share to the Odeum.
TG/PCE Collection.
"Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)

chany60126

We are a couple of days away from the show. Come out and try out playable demos of Henshin Engine and Lucretia!!
IMG
IMG

NightWolve

Hmmm, I'm getting tempted to show up. On average, how many usually show up to these things ?

chany60126

Quote from: NightWolve on 07/12/2016, 09:02 PMHmmm, I'm getting tempted to show up. On average, how many usually show up to these things ?
You should definitely come, especially if you are close by. The Video Game Summit is a smaller convention than the bigger ones you hear about like MGC and such. Usually a couple hundred people show up. But we always make sure the turbo is well represented. :)

esteban

I am always in Maine during VGS.

ON VACATION.

WHY???!!!
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

chany60126

Quote from: esteban on 07/12/2016, 09:40 PMI am always in Maine during VGS.

ON VACATION.

WHY???!!!
You know VGS always happens in mid-July. How about pushing back your Maine trip to August. :P

esteban

Quote from: chany60126 on 07/12/2016, 11:33 PM
Quote from: esteban on 07/12/2016, 09:40 PMI am always in Maine during VGS.

ON VACATION.

WHY???!!!
You know VGS always happens in mid-July. How about pushing back your Maine trip to August. :P
I would if I could. I am with 4-5 other families "camping" (mostly cabins, some tents).

:)

8-9 years...it's a tradition.

Keith Courage

Dammit! Something happens every year for this event as to why I can never make it. I think I've been trying to go 3 years in a row now and never can. Have to go to a friends wedding this year.

majors

Woohooo, VGS this wknd! I'll be neck high is monitor chassis(puns), but hope to see ya'll fools at roundheads after the show. I'll sure to be thirsty (thirsty).

I plan to take the bus from the airport to GG if I get in as planned on Friday.
TG/PCE Collection.
"Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)

geise

Quote from: Keith Courage on 07/13/2016, 05:41 AMDammit! Something happens every year for this event as to why I can never make it. I think I've been trying to go 3 years in a row now and never can. Have to go to a friends wedding this year.
Nothing like having your wedding at TurboFest!  Tell him to have it there.  Win/Win!

chany60126

Tomorrow is the big day. Hope to see you guys there!! :D

Opethian

IMG

Sarumaru

esteban

Flare65

I got a couple of photos,.  I'll see if I can get them up in the next day or so

chany60126

Another successful Turbo Fest. There was much fun to be had by all as we had great participation in the tournaments, especially for Battle Lode Runner and Bomberman 94. Henshin Engine and Lucretia were a lot of fun to play. We received lots of positive feedback regarding these two games. I wish I had taken more pictures. I was having lots of fun taking part in the tournaments and talking to my fellow turbob peops as well. Hopefully others like Flare can post pictures as well.

IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG

Sarumaru

Yay photos! Look at all dem familiar mugs. LOL@tewch. Looked like fun!

bob

awesome, stud.  looks like it was fun. 
how did the ladies contain themselves with all that HE oozing everyplace??

jtucci31

Quote from: chany60126 on 07/19/2016, 10:08 PMIMG
I was pissed that I did not do well in Battle Lode Runner or Bomberman. BUT Dan did NOT win Bomberman this year! Take solace everyone!!

NecroPhile

Is that you giving the bird?  You cheeky monkey.  :mrgreen:

Y'all look too damn serious in those pics.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Opethian

IMG

esteban

Damn. I can't believe you guys live so far away. Canada.

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: guest on 07/20/2016, 04:27 PMI was pissed that I did not do well in Battle Lode Runner or Bomberman. BUT Dan did NOT win Bomberman this year! Take solace everyone!!
I was changing channels earlier and heard chanting of "FOUR MORE YEARS" I figure that's for my run of consecutive Battle Lode Runner victories.
--DragonmasterDan