FX-Unit Yuki: The Henshin Engine for TurboGrafx-16/PC Engine

Started by sirhcman, 09/19/2016, 09:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrackTiger

Buddyface's second to last post:

Quote from: Tw3ek on 12/15/2017, 10:39 AMAlways nice when someone feels so entitled to information that they act like this. Good luck getting any real answers now, but you do have only yourself to blame.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Sarumaru

Quote from: Tw3ek on 02/05/2018, 02:20 PMWasn't this supposed to be done like 5 months ago? Run Saru out of town!  :P
I'm sorry everyone. Unfortunately, I can't program otherwise I'd help. I was under the impression that there wasn't much left to do but since I don't program, Rover would be the best person to say for sure.

NecroPhile

Pffft, five months is nothing.  It might be late, but there's been lots of updates, obvious progress, and it looks sweet.

Contrast that with the Saber Rider fucktard where updates are few and far between, the main game is more than a year late and presumably nowhere near complete, and the PCE port hasn't been started at all.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Galad

Quote from: NecroPhile on 02/05/2018, 04:00 PMPffft, five months is nothing. 
Agreed,majority of people who don't program haven't have a good grasp/concept on this.On the other hand no date of 100% completion should ever be given as things can change.All programmers,artist,musicians have lives outside of personal projects,we sometimes forget this.

Galad

Quote from: Ѕarumaru on 02/05/2018, 02:34 PMI'm sorry everyone. Unfortunately, I can't program otherwise I'd help.
I'm sure your aware of this already but the programmer(s) have the largest most difficult task out of everyone on the project.The task of putting a novel together with massive writings from others and then spell checking each word....in none programmers terms.

Sarumaru

Quote from: NecroPhile on 02/05/2018, 04:00 PMPffft, five months is nothing.  It might be late, but there's been lots of updates, obvious progress, and it looks sweet.

Contrast that with the Saber Rider fucktard where updates are few and far between, the main game is more than a year late and presumably nowhere near complete, and the PCE port hasn't been started at all.
Twek is more or less giving me shit but I do get asked about when it will be out almost every day.  :\

Psycho Punch

This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

esteban

I HAVE BEEN WAITING FIVE VERY, very, very long and painful months for an update on Tats.

Does he still love in Jipang? Or is he back in Swisslerland?
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

BigusSchmuck

No rush. If it comes out the same day as the new Rick and Morty that would be cool indeed.

OldRover

There really isn't much left to do; it's mostly just finding the time and adequate health to do it. I put in as much time as I can each day to finishing off the little bits and pieces that still need to be filled in. People need to leave Saru alone about it; this is on my shoulders now, so they can yell at me about it.
Turbo Badass Rank: Janne (6 of 12 clears)
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

Tw3ek

Quote from: CrackTiger on 02/05/2018, 02:33 PMBuddyface's second to last post:

Quote from: Tw3ek on 12/15/2017, 10:39 AMAlways nice when someone feels so entitled to information that they act like this. Good luck getting any real answers now, but you do have only yourself to blame.
I figured the "run Saru out of town!  :P " at the end would be enough to cover that I was just messing around with Saru, but I guess not.

GohanX

For those not in teh chatz Twek basically tries to run Saru out of town every day, while I insist on keeping him as a sex doll. That's just the way it works.

Sarumaru

QuoteIs it out yet?
:D
NO BUT NEW DEMOS ARE. You can get them at www.fxunityuki.com ;)

*snickers*

NecroPhile

Don't click that link.  It's a redirect to meatspin.

Gredler

I don't want a nude memo, I want a vacation to go Rover's way - good luck closing out man!

You're doing something amazing and your health comes first dude! It's done when it's done! :)

OldRover

There was one douchebag that was ragging on Saru for having kidney stones. It's like wtf man, do you have any idea how debilitating this is? Obviously fucking not. It's that kind of shit that pisses me off most of all. I'm sick as fuck right now and don't care if people give me grief about it, but leave Saru alone, ffs. Dude's been through more shit in the past two years than any of these whiners have been through in their entire fucking entitled, princess lives.

rant over

EDIT: And just to clarify, before anyone gets all upset... I am not referring to the backers here, I'm referring to the bitches who didn't even support the effort and are whining because they want to stay relevant in their circles of hate. Anyone who backed the game has the right to know what's up. It's the people who didn't back it and just stir shit that I'm referring to.
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

Arkhan Asylum

whats with all these game-dev people having kidney/pee problems lately?

Is there something in the water?

am I going to be peeing blood next.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

OldRover

Apparently Saru's whole family has a genetic disposition for it. His sis was just in the hospital too.

NightWolve

Quote from: NecroPhile on 02/05/2018, 04:00 PMContrast that with the Saber Rider fucktard where updates are few and far between, the main game is more than a year late and presumably nowhere near complete, and the PCE port hasn't been started at all.
Cuz riders gonna rrrrrrrrriiiide... Saber Riders gonna rrrrrrrriiidddeee...off with all yo money!  :lol:

Gredler

NecroPhile

Quote from: NightWolve on 02/08/2018, 01:27 AMCuz riders gonna rrrrrrrrriiiide... Saber Riders gonna rrrrrrrriiidddeee...off with all yo money!  :lol:
Heh, good one.  :mrgreen:

I saw some comments from the dude on Twitter saying he didn't want to post any updates to his Kickstarter page because there's too much negativity.  People are negative because of the lack of updates, but I'm sure MORE lack of updates will fix it, right?

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: NecroPhile on 02/08/2018, 09:29 AMI saw some comments from the dude on Twitter saying he didn't want to post any updates to his Kickstarter page because there's too much negativity.  People are negative because of the lack of updates, but I'm sure MORE lack of updates will fix it, right?
Honestly, there is some merit to not wanting to post KS updates since for some reason, KS is the biggest breeding ground for shitposting/idiocy.   It's just chock full of "I paid so I can be a cunt" people, regardless of the project, and you'll see those same people being less aggressive on FB, or forums.   It's fucking weird.

If Rover posted about his PCE delays caused by illness there, I'm sure there's be flailing on the Henshin one. 

Not sure what exactly's going on with SR for PCE though.   They got Joshprod to publish every version (which goes against what I agreed on when I said we'd do the game), changed aritists, revamped the art, and have been showing off some nice looking stuff.... just not for PCE since ... yep.

Might want to just bump that thread to make fun of it instead of side-shit-talking in this one where any discussion's going to clog up this thread, lol.

This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

NightWolve

Quote from: Gredler on 02/08/2018, 01:44 AM
First we pray, THEN we rrrrrrriiiiiddddde... I like it! I think ole comrade Ninja with his glossy Turbo Duo would appreciate that too. ;)

OldRover

OK so we weren't kidding when we said we had just a little left to finish up. We're in the final testing phase now, squashing the little bugs that remain. For actual dev work, all that's left is one short scene and one enemy type, neither of which will take much more time to add in and test. There were a couple of oversights along the way that needed filling in, nothing too major. It's mainly just been a matter of ironing out any anomalies along the way.

majors

Quote from: OldRover on 02/14/2018, 09:28 PMOK so we weren't kidding when we said we had just a little left to finish up.
Our Valentines Day gift! Thanks you.
TG/PCE Collection.
"Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)

OldRover

Yeah, we are just a few dev hours away from passing the code over to the port teams.

NecroPhile

OldRover

I may do a port to the PC-FX myself if the SCSI code in the toolchain gets updated. :D

Gredler

OldRover

Yep, we are literally almost there. I am over halfway done with the final in-house test; quite a few little quirks were corrected along the way and some AI was tweaked for balance. Finishing off stage 5 now; only two stages remain to be put through their paces before we can call this game done. The source will be shipped off tomorrow to the various porters. We will probably do a final gamer test to see if any other issues still exist, and then ship this off to the pressing house at long last.

OldRover

It is done. The 23 month production of FX Unit Yuki has come to an end. We'll be running some final tests to ensure that everything is up to speed. The RC was sent off to Saru a few minutes ago so he can have his local people give it a full playtest.

TheClash603

Quote from: OldRover on 02/19/2018, 04:29 AMIt is done. The 23 month production of FX Unit Yuki has come to an end. We'll be running some final tests to ensure that everything is up to speed. The RC was sent off to Saru a few minutes ago so he can have his local people give it a full playtest.
Congrats!  Now take a break for a little bit!

Gredler

Mission accomplished, can't wait to see it!

Congratulations on the job well done, and for having the perseverance to see it through! Bravo!

OldRover

As soon as testing is done, a break comes. :D A few issues were noted so far, so I've made some bugfixes and such. There was a collision glitch, an animation glitch, and a lockup glitch, plus a few uninitialized variables. Nothing major, really. I did forget to implement one teensy little feature, so I'm adding that in now. We also managed to fix an older sprite glitch that has plagued the game for awhile, which was a result of me being retarded in my methodology for more advanced stages.

OldRover

RC2 testing is underway. So far, no issues. This may be it.

spenoza

OldRover

Sorta gave up on it. It worked "well enough" and I didn't wanna drag this out any longer. Besides, we can always just chalk it up to "Geni's meddling". :lol:

OldRover

The lockup glitch still exists. It's not really locking up the console per se, what it's doing is pausing the game when the stage starts and then double-pressing Run if you press it, so it advances one frame and that's it. It's unclear to me why this is happening but it only happens in one stage.

OldRover

We solved the lockup glitch. Two glitches remain that may require at least a partial rewrite of the relevant functions. It shouldn't take too long. This exhaustive testing is required before we can put the game out... it should be as bug-free as possible before it goes to manufacturing. We're not EA after all. :lol:

ParanoiaDragon

You can do it Nod, you're sooooo close, Rover don't fail us now! :D
IMG

OldRover

The guys are going to test the final build a bit more over the weekend, but it looks like we got all of the major issues taken care of. RC3 required one revision but that's it. RC2 required five revisions in total. If this build is clean, then all it takes is one line of code to be uncommented to make the build release-ready.

OldRover

There were no reports of any issues in the latest build. So that's that... it's done. It'll be off to press shortly.

In the meanwhile, I've already starting planning a new game engine for any future platformers that might come along. This one worked well, but was limited in terms of environmental shaping... that really showed when it came time to do slopes. This new game engine design is based on subtile collision micromapping, as opposed to the Yuki engine which is based on whole tile collision, so true pixel-perfect collision can be done, and things like slopes are a freakin' breeze. It's a bit more math-intensive, but the PCE isn't a mathematics lightweight so I don't really see it being much of an issue.

Jester82

Awesome! Super excited to finally play this beast. Great job as always and so happy to have awesome people making awesome games for our beloved forgotten relics :)

ParanoiaDragon

Quote from: OldRover on 02/25/2018, 10:37 AMIn the meanwhile, I've already starting planning a new game engine for any future platformers that might come along.
My question is, would it be usable for Jungle Bros.? :)
IMG

OldRover

In theory, yes. But I don't see that being resurrected anytime soon, as I gave the project to another coder.

ParanoiaDragon

Yeah, Tom IIRC, though he's been MIA, I hope he's ok.  Maybe just busy with RL stuffs like alot of us!
IMG

OldRover

The digital album is now available for purchase on Bandcamp.

https://garbledwaves.bandcamp.com/releases

The send-off was held back for a few more days for some further testing after a couple of code changes. Good thing too, because we found an obscure, game-breaking bug late in the game, and a minor gameplay mechanics issue as well. It's all been patched up now.

Gredler

exodus

Well done!! try to forgive yourself in advance for the inevitable bugs that are found. that's my experience at least :P