RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

R-Type iOS/Android

Started by MotherGunner, 07/18/2013, 09:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MotherGunner

-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

Arkhan Asylum

The last thing I want to do while playing R-Type is have shitty controls.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

NecroPhile

Not me.  I'm loathe to pay money for download only stuff (even only two bucks - it just encourages 'em), it would surely play horribly with touch controls, and I'm not a big R-Type fan anyway.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Tatsujin

www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

PunkCryborg

I had this on my old i pod when it came out a couple years ago. Its not too bad and it was cool with the level select so i could practice certain tricky parts over and over. Now im pretty good at the real version and can play through to level 6.

Mishran

I also had the EA version. It wasn't bad actually. Had tilt controls as well as the ability to guide the ship by sliding your finger around on the screen, which i got really good at. Not worth paying for again though, but I only paid a buck for that iOS version.

esteban

$2 isn't too much, and I'm curious about quality/control/music.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Tatsujin

<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

esteban

UPDATE: I got this and played it for very short time (30-40 minutes). I don't know how folks who are used to arcade stick/controllers can play this without feeling frustrated  :pcgs:

It really wasn't that bad—it was kinda novel (for me).

BONUS: a short, decent track on the opening/options screen by Chris Le Heulsbeckensyein. I saw his name in Le Credits.

Tatsujin

Chris Le Heulsbeckensyein did also the opening for le amiga and c-64 bit :pcgs:

Psycho Punch

The Commodore 64 R-Type title screen has the most badass music for a shoot'em up I must add!
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

esteban

Quote from: Tatsujin on 07/20/2013, 12:59 PMChris Le Heulsbeckensyein did also the opening for le amiga and c-64 bit :pcgs:
I didn't know that about the Amiga and C64 versions!

You know what?  Instead of crediting the artist himself, credit is given to Chris Huuulbeckerschyen Productions...

IMG

Jabberwok

A game like R-Type on these platforms?  :-k

How arcade accurate is it? if it's 100% then it's 100% unplayable on these platforms. Even if they put an invincibility cheat so someone could even remotely think of making it to stage 2 I wouldn't buy it. R-Type on the go remains on the express...