@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

"Insanity's Blade" - Indie 16-bit game now in Arcade Mode! Kickstarter-backed

Started by NightWolve, 12/12/2013, 08:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ninja Spirit

From the way this sounds, the soundtracker was made with Famitracker and VRC6 add-on

bonq

This game looks pretty hot..

Fast action and lots of variety.

Nice..

-bonq

FiftyQuid

Quote from: bonq on 07/09/2014, 05:09 PMFast action and lots of variety.

Nice..
This is what every girl that has ever had sex with me has said.
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

NightWolve

A simple "That's what she said!" joke would've sufficed, Fifty, but good catch of a set up for it. ;)

Since this got updated, FYI, Chris just moved the release date to TBA due to bugs and other issues. Rather than keep announcing a sure fire release date and then missing it cause you find there's still more work to be done for version 1.0, he just went with TBA status.

_Paul

NightWolve

PC Game Development ? It's a PC game first, the ports come later. What's the right forum then ?

NecroPhile

Probably belongs in Console Chat.  This place is for development of PCE/Turbob game for the PC.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

o.pwuaioc

Quote from: NightWolve on 07/13/2014, 11:40 AMPC Game Development ? It's a PC game first, the ports come later. What's the right forum then ?
"Feel free to talk about Turbo/PCE to PC game conversions and or Turbo-related tools/apps for the PC/Mac..."

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: NecroPhile on 07/14/2014, 12:14 PMProbably belongs in Console Chat.  This place is for development of PCE/Turbob game for the PC.
Oh.  Somewhere in here, or somewhere, talks of doing this for PC Engine came up.     So, it's at least on the table!
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Dicer

Quote from: guest on 07/18/2014, 01:05 PM
Quote from: guest on 07/14/2014, 12:14 PMProbably belongs in Console Chat.  This place is for development of PCE/Turbob game for the PC.
Oh.  Somewhere in here, or somewhere, talks of doing this for PC Engine came up.     So, it's at least on the table!
This needs to happen...

Psycho Punch

This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

Arkhan Asylum

If Aetherbyte didn't have a dickload of other stuff going on, it would be a thing we could try for.  but there is other stuff afoot.   lol
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

NightWolve

I dunno if I posted this before, but Chris' thoughts for licensing is very generous for a PCE port. Just 10% royalties, so 90% in the PCE developer's favor. With Rover moving to the US, eventual fulltime work on Yuki, he's not interested I suspect, others I can think of are Bonknuts/TurboXray, btgarner (though BT likes to do his own stuff AFAIK). But yeah, feel free to put the word out to anyone that might be interested/available.

Quote from: Chris12/13
Like if he wants to do it I'll let him keep 75% of the profits. The rest just goes to paying my company at that point.

Well I'll talk to him about it tomorrow at some point of you want to introduce him to me.
I'd take it just for being able to play it on real hardware
though I'd prefer it on an NES cart honestly. tg16 is my favorite system.
and a game like that with a bit of color to spruce it up.. would be one of the best games on the system.
it's co-op now by the way
you can play through single player or co-op

hell I might even settle for 10% profits
I can pay pressing cds
and cases, and get all the art done myself obviously

it's a terrible investment but also fucking cool

mac

Just played the demo and I love it :)  Of course would love to see a version hit the Duo

NightWolve

FYI, the game is on sale for a total of $2.22 till the 22nd! That's right, it even tempted my cheap bastard inclination enough to buy it on Chris' behalf!

store.steampowered.com/app/334190/
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG

esteban

IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Arkhan Asylum

This is a good game.  I have it.  It's worth owning, and punching stuff.

NightWolve

Emerald Rocker

I know this is a necro-bump, but I was just playing Insanity's Blade and it is an actual great game.  That's coming from someone who usually feels disappointed by these "retro homage" indie games.  Feels 16-bit in the best ways, kind of a cross between Shinobi 3 and Dahna (of all things).  You should all buy it if you haven't already.
Official member of the PCEFX 4K Post Club

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: Emerald Rocker on 09/10/2016, 11:50 PMI know this is a necro-bump, but I was just playing Insanity's Blade and it is an actual great game.  That's coming from someone who usually feels disappointed by these "retro homage" indie games.  Feels 16-bit in the best ways, kind of a cross between Shinobi 3 and Dahna (of all things).  You should all buy it if you haven't already.
lol

NightWolve

Quote from: Emerald Rocker on 09/10/2016, 11:50 PMI know this is a necro-bump, but I was just playing Insanity's Blade and it is an actual great game.  That's coming from someone who usually feels disappointed by these "retro homage" indie games.  Feels 16-bit in the best ways, kind of a cross between Shinobi 3 and Dahna (of all things).  You should all buy it if you haven't already.
I finally sat down with it a few weeks ago and beat it on normal. I agree, I had a good time with it! :) There are a few things I wanted to mention to Chris to fix, some of which I did, but he mentioned he hates the game engine he chose at the time and would like to redo it all someday if possible. But anyway, it's off my backlog so I'd be ready for his next Battle Princess Madelyn game this year hopefully.