10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

Pictures of your Turbo/PC Engine Collection

Started by AlexKidd, 07/08/2005, 10:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrackTiger

Quote from: "Dark Fact"Tron, does this guy charge extra for Canadian shipping? If so, how much?

I got a Duo mod and another item from D-Lite shipped to Canada and he gave me a great deal and everything was packed very well.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Ninja Spirit

IMG
Just took this a half hour ago.

DAMMIT! I forgot to put Ninja Warriors in the picture!

And as a off topic bonus:
IMG

TR0N

IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

akamichi

Quote from: "Tron"I notice you got a book of, Langrisser in there fan of the serise?
Actually, I picked up the book right after I got the game but haven't tried it out yet.  A friend of mine played it a lot on the Saturn so I figured I'd try out the PCE ver.  

In short, not a fan... yet. :)

Dark Fact

Quote from: "akamichi"Actually, I picked up the book right after I got the game but haven't tried it out yet. A friend of mine played it a lot on the Saturn so I figured I'd try out the PCE ver.

If you like strategy games, you'll love this! :wink:

Oh yeah, and the artist for this game spends a lot of time drawing naked girls! :lol:

Quote from: guestI got a Duo mod and another item from D-Lite shipped to Canada and he gave me a great deal and everything was packed very well.

So, how much did you pay exactly? If you don't remember, can you give me a best estimate?
homepage2.nifty.com/tkdate/ysmusic/screen/graphic/Win_CP_THE_LAST.jpg
Sorry, but I don't see your library card on the books of Ys.  Now, RETURN THEM TO ME!!!

CrackTiger

Quote from: "Dark Fact"So, how much did you pay exactly? If you don't remember, can you give me a best estimate?

I bought an item for $100+ that got combined in with everything, including shipping. All that I can say is that it was a great deal.

I'd suggest PM'ing D-Lite to see if he can give you at least a rough estimate of what he'd like total shipped to you and if he is currently doing custom Duo mods.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

CrackTiger

Quote from: "akamichi"
Quote from: "Tron"I notice you got a book of, Langrisser in there fan of the serise?
Actually, I picked up the book right after I got the game but haven't tried it out yet.  A friend of mine played it a lot on the Saturn so I figured I'd try out the PCE ver.  

If you'd prefer to try it in english, its call Warsong on Genesis(yes, I know its not a huge secret).

The in game graphics are pretty similar.

TR0N

Quote from: "akamichi"

I have, the Langrisser tribute for my, Saturn pretty much it's a boxset :D

Still it's worth playing, if you know japanese or don't mind useing a walkthrough.

Another reason i have it i enjoy the artist character designs :wink:
IMG

TR0N

Quote from: "Dark Fact"Oh yeah, and the artist for this game spends a lot of time drawing naked girls! :lol:
I take it you like, Satoshi Urushihara style hehe :wink:

I like his works also i have just about every art book he's put out so far.

That's another reason why i have, Langrisser still i do need, Growlanser for my PS2 still.

Still i know where.... i can get a copy soon as next month hits it's mine i hope.
IMG

Ninja Spirit

Satoshi Urushihara is one of my favorites. He's also famous for the anime "Plastic Little". His stuff is just too damn beautiful.

As for male characters, I like the way he draws them as well.

TR0N

Quote from: "Ninja Spirit"Satoshi Urushihara is one of my favorites. He's also famous for the anime "Plastic Little". His stuff is just too damn beautiful.

Not to mention, Legend of Lemnear.

Still his main work is manga afther all while he does, character designs for video games.
IMG

Dark Fact

Quote from: "Tron"That's another reason why i have, Langrisser still i do need, Growlanser for my PS2 still.
Ever since Working Designs kicked the bucket a few months ago, Growlanser Generations became instant collector's item material.  I played it and it's really fun! The game is pretty hard to find in any EB nowadays so you'll need to check up on eBay or some other auction site for it.

QuoteI take it you like, Satoshi Urushihara style hehe  :wink:
Well, the guy does take his work seriously if you ever seen his designs! :D  The guy only gets 3 hours of sleep a day while spending painstaking hours doing every little detail!

QuoteI like his works also i have just about every art book he's put out so far.
I've seen one of his artbooks sold at an anime convention.  They go from $80 to $100.  That's pretty steep. :shock:  I can't afford that much, even if I do like Urushihara's designs. :(  You sure must have a lot of money to blow if you can afford his books.  Do you have his latest artbook, Phi?

What about Ragnarock City? :)

Quote from: "Ninja Spirit"Satoshi Urushihara is one of my favorites. He's also famous for the anime "Plastic Little". His stuff is just too damn beautiful.

I have both of his anime OAV's for Lemnear and Plastic Little.  The story leaves much to be desired but his designs are good enough for me.

His male characters are pretty well done too.  If you've seen the way he also draws clothing, he does it pretty painstakingly as well.

I only have one of his mangas though.  The one with the vampire kid called "Dark Crimson".  He looks like he's underage but he has sex with a lot of older women.  That's probably the reason why the manga never got a license here.

He does have a new anime out but it's a hentai called "Another Lady Innocent' or "Front Innocent" to you purists out there.
Sorry, but I don't see your library card on the books of Ys.  Now, RETURN THEM TO ME!!!

TR0N

Quote from: "Dark Fact"
Quote from: "Tron"That's another reason why i have, Langrisser still i do need, Growlanser for my PS2 still.
Ever since Working Designs kicked the bucket a few months ago, Growlanser Generations became instant collector's item material.  I played it and it's really fun! The game is pretty hard to find in any EB nowadays so you'll need to check up on eBay or some other auction site for it.

QuoteI take it you like, Satoshi Urushihara style hehe  :wink:
Well, the guy does take his work seriously if you ever seen his designs! :D  The guy only gets 3 hours of sleep a day while spending painstaking hours doing every little detail!

QuoteI like his works also i have just about every art book he's put out so far.
I've seen one of his artbooks sold at an anime convention.  They go from $80 to $100.  That's pretty steep. :shock:  I can't afford that much, even if I do like Urushihara's designs. :(  You sure must have a lot of money to blow if you can afford his books.  Do you have his latest artbook, Phi?

What about Ragnarock City? :)

I have both of his anime OAV's for Lemnear and Plastic Little.  The story leaves much to be desired but his designs are good enough for me.

His male characters are pretty well done too.  If you've seen the way he also draws clothing, he does it pretty painstakingly as well.

I only have one of his mangas though.  The one with the vampire kid called "Dark Crimson".  He looks like he's underage but he has sex with a lot of older women.  That's probably the reason why the manga never got a license here.

He does have a new anime out but it's a hentai called "Another Lady Innocent' or "Front Innocent" to you purists out there.
His book haven't cost me much i just, buy them when there frist release.

I don't realy have to buy one at every convention :P That's what internet is for :wink:

Yes i do have his, Rangarock city book cost me about $30.00 when i bought it.

As for, Growlanser Generation Deluxe pack i know a site that got it restock so i don't have to mess with egay.

Nope haven't got his latest book yet Fai :oops:
IMG

Dark Fact

Quote from: "Tron"Nope haven't got his latest book yet Fai  :oops:
It's called "Phi" not "Fai".  :wink:

Phi as in the greek letter "Φ". :wink:

Ninja Spirit

Speaking of that, I always liked that mature anime male look no matter who draws them.

IMG

And this will be my avatar starting today.

membres.lycos.fr/avordu/C-SEIJURO%202.jpg

IMG
https://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a13/Oldschoolage/ev004.jpg

IMG

And my signature as well.

Keranu

I notice Dragon Force in those pics and is that PSIV at the bottom?
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

Ninja Spirit

TR0N

Quote from: "Dark Fact"
Quote from: "Tron"Nope haven't got his latest book yet Fai  :oops:
It's called "Phi" not "Fai".  :wink:

Phi as in the greek letter "Φ". :wink:
That how it's spelled at the j-list.

Don't blame me it's there engrish :wink:

http://www.jlist.com/PRODUCT/PB480
IMG

Dark Fact

IMG

This game fails it for not being engrish enough!  :evil:

Oh, and Tron, LOL at that list!  :lol:

neokellyzero

I've been busy for a while so I've haven't posted much lately- Switching jobs is a hassle- anyways, here's mine

badongo.com/pic.php?file=PCE+collection__2006-03-08_100_0203.JPG

It's been this size for about 5 months- I've been spending more time and money on the Saturn lately, but I'll get back on track with the pce come summer(I'm due for a promotion and a raise)

JoshTurboTrollX

Sorry for the bad links for pix of my collection...

heres the link to my pix-

bravenet.com/photocenter/album.php?usernum=3116309955&album=38250

turbosage
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Ninja Spirit

Keranu

Looking nice, Ninja. Now sell me Dracula X for ten dollars.
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG

Digi.k

I'm a really big fan of the Saturn's Tengai Makyou IV (although its set outside of Jipang and more of a fictional USA) and I absolutely love the music to no.IV and I'm soooooo jealous you have that CD soundtrack!  (that soundtrack alone must have cost ya a bit cause I know its very rare)!!

Anyway heres an old screenie of my pc engine collection that I restarted again since last year..  I used to have the original White PC engine (back in 1988) then I got the CD-Rom and Interface unit (Which I think still looks awesome today) sold it all due money problems.. During the first half of the 90's also owned Super Grafx, Core Grafx II and a White Duo-R system.

I'm gonna buy a Core grafx II again later on in they year but I've decided to stay away from the CD stuff cause I'll probably spend waaaaay too much on those rare titles..

propichosting.com/Images/421548620/129.jpg

I sold F1 Circus and especially Coryoon just before Christmas because the amount of stuff that appears on screen was annoying me (although I miss that now and might get it again).. I'll get a new screenie later on in the year when I get more HUcards xD

Keranu

IMG

Ninja Spirit

Quote from: "Digi.k"I'm gonna buy a Core grafx II again later on in they year but I've decided to stay away from the CD stuff cause I'll probably spend waaaaay too much on those rare titles..

Hahah well in my case anyway, you can have one rare title and be able to do without all the other top tier overpriced games, depends on how bad you wanted it. There's plenty of cheap CD based PCE software.

dj898

unless you want to collect all the unofficial CD titles. :p

pixeljunkie

okay, I'll throw some up...

most of my HuCards
http://www.chadballew.com/hucards.jpg

My [badass region-modded by D-Lite] Duo
http://www.chadballew.com/duo.jpg

My CDs
http://www.chadballew.com/PCE_CDs.jpg

My beloved Dracula X, so minty it shines...
http://www.chadballew.com/dracx.jpg

Ninja Spirit

Heh I too have teh "magic switch" on my Duo R.

motdelbuort

myportfolioandmore.com/ebypics/finals/DSC03266_LOT-03_top_460x345_12cmp0sm.jpg

I just won this lot on Ebay for $175 shipped, which seemed pretty good considering the shipping cost of getting them from individual sellers (damn you ebay). I have a personal longstanding fondness for Sim Earth, definitely my favorite version of the game.

Keranu

Is that Sherlock Holmes four games down on the left? What's that paper next to it?  :?:
IMG

motdelbuort

Sherlock Holmes comes with a miniature newspaper, which would have fit in the original box. It's the same one you read in the game, in friendly paper form. I've bought and sold this game three times and it's the first time I've ever had the newspaper.

I also have the DVD version, which is pretty cool.

esteban

Quote from: "motdelbuort"I also have the DVD version, which is pretty cool.
HA! I bought the DVD version as well, plus the "horror" DVD-game that Infinite Ventures sold (I forget the name, something to do with Dracula). I bought them ages ago, but haven't even tried them out yet. Thanks for reminding me that I have them :).
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

dj898

weren't those released for Mac/PC originally ?

esteban

Quote from: "dj898"weren't those released for Mac/PC originally ?
Yes! Then consoles.... then recycled for a final time as interactive DVD games.

I wish more companies would recycle the old content / footage and make DVD releases. It's actually kool to see the footage in all of its glory, and not in the limited capacity of older computers / consoles.

Who hear wouldn't DIE to see TG-CD's It Came from the Desert remade as a DVD game? Come on! Keranu has made me into a fan of this game, what can I say?

Keranu

Quote from: "stevek666"Who hear wouldn't DIE to see TG-CD's It Came from the Desert remade as a DVD game? Come on! Keranu has made me into a fan of this game, what can I say?
:)
IMG

motdelbuort

Oh man I wonder if the footage still exists. If we could find it maybe we could buy it and do something with it. I'm serious.  :shock:

403forbidden

Hi guys. I am new here.  I just got a new in box Turbo Express :)

I always wanted one ever since they came out. But at the time I was still in Jr. High and it was too expensive for me.  But now I finally have one!!!

robspics.com/te.jpg

esteban

Quote from: "motdelbuort"Oh man I wonder if the footage still exists. If we could find it maybe we could buy it and do something with it. I'm serious.  :shock:
Search the forums here for "cinemaware" and you'll find some old threads I made about some lame company purchasing Cinemaware's IP. I would totally love to buy the footage! If we pooled our money, I'd be willing to drop $200 on it... I know folks in the Atari community have purhcased rights of unfinished code from unreleased Jaguar games for minimal amounts of $$$ -- never heard of folks getting footage from FMV games, though :).

Keranu

Quote from: 403forbiddenHi guys. I am new here.  I just got a new in box Turbo Express :)

I always wanted one ever since they came out. But at the time I was still in Jr. High and it was too expensive for me.  But now I finally have one!!!

robspics.com/te.jpg
Congrats on the Express! I really want to get one and I am going to order one from MindRec soon, so I can't wait to play one for the first time. By the way, the picture quality in that image you posted looks amazing! Something I love to do with hand held systems is play them when I am in bed getting ready for sleep. Being able to play my Turbo Chips in it would be so awesome. I'll need to buy a AC adapter too.
IMG

403forbidden

Quote from: KeranuCongrats on the Express! I really want to get one and I am going to order one from MindRec soon, so I can't wait to play one for the first time. By the way, the picture quality in that image you posted looks amazing! Something I love to do with hand held systems is play them when I am in bed getting ready for sleep. Being able to play my Turbo Chips in it would be so awesome. I'll need to buy a AC adapter too.
Thanks! Yeah i need to get the ac adapter too. I am also looking for the tv tuner.

BTW, has anyone ever seen this:

IMG

Ninja Spirit

Yeah the PC Engine LT costs a fortune.

NightWolve

Quote from: esteban on 04/11/2006, 03:44 AMWho hear wouldn't DIE to see TG-CD's It Came from the Desert remade as a DVD game? Come on! Keranu has made me into a fan of this game, what can I say?
Yeah, I mean, what's NOT to like about this game? Clearly! Hell, I still can't get that "Seeeaaa of Lovvve" intro out of my head!

esteban

Quote from: NightWolve
Quote from: stevek666Who hear wouldn't DIE to see TG-CD's It Came from the Desert remade as a DVD game? Come on! Keranu has made me into a fan of this game, what can I say?
Yeah, I mean, what's NOT to like about this game? Clearly! Hell, I still can't get that "Seeeaaa of Lovvve" intro out of my head!
I think you're teasing me, but I truly love that song! I'm not kidding... of all North American  video game songs with vocals, it ranks at the very top. Again, I'm not kidding. It's OK to laugh :).

NightWolve

Hehe, well it is pretty amusing. I will say I like that guitar playing. I think I heard it somewhere else, in like a Mad Max type of movie or something similar most likely. I guess it's original for that game or no? It has some kind of feel to it that I think would be appropiate to use in some kind of movie of that nature, somewhere. Heh.

Keranu

Sea of Love was a badass song!
IMG

Bt Garner

http://bt.mindrec.com/pcegames_home.jpg
IMG

The PCE Games in the upper left are all the weird stuff, things like:
Prototype of Tatsujin, All the Caravan HuCards that I have, In-Store
Demo CDs for both system, a few developer prototypes [Mad
Stalker, Gulliver Boy] an original copy of Space Fantasy Zone,
a few of the Mook-CDs (unsorted) and my HuVideo sampler SCD,
among other oddities

-bt

Ninja Spirit

Reminds me of that Adol dude's collection.

pixeljunkie

Quote from: "bt"http://bt.mindrec.com/pcegames_home.jpg

The PCE Games in the upper left are all the weird stuff, things like:
Prototype of Tatsujin, All the Caravan HuCards that I have, In-Store
Demo CDs for both system, a few developer prototypes [Mad
Stalker, Gulliver Boy] an original copy of Space Fantasy Zone,
a few of the Mook-CDs (unsorted) and my HuVideo sampler SCD,
among other oddities

-bt

whats in the frames on the wall to the left above your PCFX games?