Ys & Dragon Slayer Pc-Engine Cover Tunes

Started by brandonx76, 10/26/2016, 12:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brandonx76

Hey all -

Recently had some RGB mod work done by PCENuggets gent (MNKyDeth) (I'll have a video planned for that in the works showing the good work that was done)

But I mentioned to him I had some cover music and he suggested I may want to share here?
Anyway, I did these in collaboration with some other guys.  (Czethros11 (piano/synths/guitar) and
'Cursed Lemon' (rock guitar) (their youtube handles)

and I'm the drummer on these (brandonx76), but also did production work.

Big fan of the original arranger (Ryo Yonemitsu) and thought I would share these:

Dragon Slayer II (ending):

Ys IV - Celceta/Forest:Ys I - Merchant:  (w/percussion solo from me):ok, hope some enjoy / cheers!

LostFlunky

NecroPhile

Cool stuff, thanks for sharing.

Maybe it's just me, but the first tune starts sounding like it's from Terraforming about half way through.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

brandonx76

Quote from: guest on 10/26/2016, 01:23 PMCool stuff, thanks for sharing.

Maybe it's just me, but the first tune starts sounding like it's from Terraforming about half way through.
Thanks!  Yeah, I did them a few years back when I was getting up to speed learning how to record and use music software...and I always wanted to do some VGM, so these were my first efforts...definitely want to do more

Hmm - Terraforming, haven't checked that out, but just took a listen and you're referring to 1st level theme?  If so - yeah, I kind of hear it - like a sped up version a bit...hmmm, came out around the sametime as Dragon Slayer 2 did ('92) - I wonder if they're both referencing another track (from the past)

It's a bit funny how similar chord changes, and song structures overlap...the collaborator on this track did a pretty funny analysis on one of these:

esteban

Quote from: brandonx76 on 10/26/2016, 12:37 PMDragon Slayer II (ending):
Ys IV - Celceta/Forest:Ys I - Merchant:  (w/percussion solo from me):ok, hope some enjoy / cheers!
Awesome! :)
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Arjak

I listened to the two Ys remixes you linked, and they are quite impressive! They sound very much like Ryo Yonemitsu's arrange versions. Very well done! Would love to hear more in the future! =D>
He who dings the Gunhed must PAAAAY!!! -Ninja Spirit

seieienbu

I liked your remixes.  Are you taking requests for others?
Current want list:  Bomberman 93