RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seieienbu

I'm curious if it will be legal for Smash 64 tournaments.  It looks like it has a much better layout than the original N64 pad.  If I was more of a fan of the system I'd likely pick one up myself.

Does it have a good weight to it/not feel too cheap/light?
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: seieienbu on 03/02/2018, 09:28 PMI'm curious if it will be legal for Smash 64 tournaments.  It looks like it has a much better layout than the original N64 pad.  If I was more of a fan of the system I'd likely pick one up myself.

Does it have a good weight to it/not feel too cheap/light?
It feels pretty sturdy, the analog stick on it is pretty precise which was my biggest worry with it. I am going to try a 3D platformer next.
--DragonmasterDan

Mathius

^^I've been watching this pad eagerly for a while now.

xcrement5x

I ordered one of these as well but mine hasn't arrived yet.  Soon I'm sure though!

seieienbu

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 03/02/2018, 09:30 PMIt feels pretty sturdy, the analog stick on it is pretty precise which was my biggest worry with it. I am going to try a 3D platformer next.
Keep us informed.  There's clearly some interest here :lol:
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: seieienbu on 03/03/2018, 12:58 AMKeep us informed.  There's clearly some interest here :lol:
I played a little Conkers bad fur day, I picked up a save a ways into the game and am terrible at it. I am going to try Mario 64 sometime later to see how momentum (running, slowing down) feels, but it's in a box and it requires digging it out. I also played Kirby and the Crystal Shards and can say the d-pad placement is an improvement over the regular N64 pad from a comfort standpoint.
--DragonmasterDan

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 03/03/2018, 07:57 AM
Quote from: seieienbu on 03/03/2018, 12:58 AMKeep us informed.  There's clearly some interest here :lol:
I played a little Conkers bad fur day, I picked up a save a ways into the game and am terrible at it. I am going to try Mario 64 sometime later to see how momentum (running, slowing down) feels, but it's in a box and it requires digging it out. I also played Kirby and the Crystal Shards and can say the d-pad placement is an improvement over the regular N64 pad from a comfort standpoint.
Here are my results of trying Mario 64 with the pad.
--DragonmasterDan

wildfruit

Digi.k

bunch of random stuff obtained within the last month

hM65vzT.jpg

roflmao

These little guys arrived a few days ago. They glow in the dark! :D

IMG

NightWolve

Quote from: guest on 03/06/2018, 01:48 PMIMG
You're an Ys fan ? Where did you get the Adol ? Not sure, but I'd guess it's an Ys VI model.

roflmao

Quote from: NightWolve on 03/06/2018, 03:39 PMYou're an Ys fan ? Where did you get the Adol ? Not sure, but I'd guess it's an Ys VI model.
Yeah, I don't really know much about that Adol figure. I found it on ebay. :D

He's pretty cool though! I've got a couple of Ys posters on the wall behind him. You can see the map from Ys Books I & II in the background. There's another Ys poster above it.

xcrement5x

Quote from: NightWolve on 03/06/2018, 03:39 PM
Quote from: guest on 03/06/2018, 01:48 PMhttps://image.ibb.co/kruqXn/2018_03_03_21_34_00.jpg
You're an Ys fan ? Where did you get the Adol ? Not sure, but I'd guess it's an Ys VI model.
Looks like it was a trading figure, from one of those blind box jobs they do in Japan. 

More infos:
https://dennis-toys.blogspot.com/2014/11/ys-adol-christine-trading-figure.html

IMG IMG
IMG IMG

Would love the Feena personally.

roflmao

Quote from: guest on 03/09/2018, 12:50 AMLooks like it was a trading figure, from one of those blind box jobs they do in Japan. 
More infos:
https://dennis-toys.blogspot.com/2014/11/ys-adol-christine-trading-figure.html
IMG IMG
IMG IMG
Would love the Feena personally.
Awesome! Thanks!

NightWolve

We now have more Adol naming variations:

Adol Christin
Adol Christine
Adol Christian

And I know there was a weird one for the Sega ports of Adol's first name.

NecroPhile

Yesterday's mail brought me Sky Force for Vita.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

nectarsis

Super deals on Star Wars and CoD

/zpsx8iyyknh.jpg
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

Mathius

What's that Vita game to the right of Sky Force?

nectarsis

Quote from: Mathius on 03/20/2018, 10:34 PMWhat's that Vita game to the right of Sky Force?
sent you a link on FB ;)

xcrement5x

Quote from: Mathius on 03/20/2018, 10:34 PMWhat's that Vita game to the right of Sky Force?
Croixleur Sigma

The card that came with my copy is different from what nectarsis got though, mine was foiled and reminded me of an older Urushihara cards set that I've got so I took a comparison picture:
Croixleur-Sigma-Haul.webp

NecroPhile

I got a copy of Munch's Oddysee for Vita yesterday.

Quote from: nectarsis on 03/20/2018, 10:39 PMsent you a link on FB ;)
Fuck book of face.  This is Sparta!

Medic_wheat

Awe yeah. It just came in. Sadly no it's not the version with the extra head. However it is still a hell of a statue. Granted t will have to stay in it's box until I get a glass display case to house it. And protect it from my kids.

https://i.imgur.com/IJ1oDtV.jpg

IMG

nectarsis

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 03/21/2018, 11:14 PMAwe yeah. It just came in. Sadly no it's not the version with the extra head. However it is still a hell of a statue. Granted t will have to stay in it's box until I get a glass display case to house it. And protect it from my kids.

https://i.imgur.com/IJ1oDtV.jpg
IMG
HELLLLSS YEAH

Gypsy

roflmao

NecroPhile

"Insertion Effect" ..... so it's a sexbot controller?

SuperDeadite

MU2000 is fantastic.  Enjoy it.
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

Gypsy

Quote from: SuperDeadite on 03/27/2018, 12:54 PMMU2000 is fantastic.  Enjoy it.
Definitely going to be using it a lot.

It is flashed with the EX firmware already too. ^_^

SuperDeadite

Quote from: Gypsy on 03/27/2018, 02:01 PM
Quote from: SuperDeadite on 03/27/2018, 12:54 PMMU2000 is fantastic.  Enjoy it.
Definitely going to be using it a lot.

It is flashed with the EX firmware already too. ^_^
Be sure to use the toslink output, as the internal DAC simply isn't good enough.

Digi.k

Needed a new pair of headphones "cans". These are a little big to wear out, the wire is really thick and the music seeps out but for recreational use they sound good though as in nice balance.

IMG

geise

nectarsis

:dance: :dance: :dance:

/zpsimkibhse.jpg
/zps9aigq31y.jpg

SuperDeadite

Got my MSX MIDI-PAC2 in.  Fun little toy to play with.  Here's my first test:

TheClash603

My copy of Battle Garegga is taking way too long to arrive from Japan, I'm looking forward to playing it.

Gypsy

Quote from: SuperDeadite on 04/04/2018, 12:04 AMGot my MSX MIDI-PAC2 in.  Fun little toy to play with.  Here's my first test:
I have this on my "to buy" list so I'll have to chheck out your video.  :)

Mathius

Quote from: SuperDeadite on 04/04/2018, 12:04 AMGot my MSX MIDI-PAC2 in.  Fun little toy to play with.  Here's my first test:
Sounds amazing! I didn't even know that there was a MIDI option available for the MSX.

roflmao

New stuff! :D

I found a place on AliExpress that sells all sorts of unlicensed Lego characters for dirt cheap. I had to see if they looked as cool in real life as they looked on the web store. They do. :)

IMG
IMG

I didn't know this got a Saturn port and I hear it's not as good as the arcade version, but I've been meaning on trying it out and finally found one for next to nothing.

IMG

and last but not least, the new pins for this year's MGC arrived!

IMG

TheClash603

I really enjoyed Gale Racer on Saturn.  I used to play this game all the time in the arcade in the moving car, so it may be nostalgia talking.

roflmao

Quote from: TheClash603 on 04/05/2018, 12:00 AMI really enjoyed Gale Racer on Saturn.  I used to play this game all the time in the arcade in the moving car, so it may be nostalgia talking.
That's how I remember playing it too. I spent a ton of money playing it back then because I loved how the car moved (much like the earlier After Burner game). It was pricey, but worth it.

Mathius

Quote from: guest on 04/05/2018, 12:09 AM
Quote from: TheClash603 on 04/05/2018, 12:00 AMI really enjoyed Gale Racer on Saturn.  I used to play this game all the time in the arcade in the moving car, so it may be nostalgia talking.
That's how I remember playing it too. I spent a ton of money playing it back then because I loved how the car moved (much like the earlier After Burner game). It was pricey, but worth it.
I loved it too. I'll never forget the buttons for headlights and wiper blades. Sega should've made it the swansong of their 3D Remasters Project.

roflmao

Digi.k

chany60126

Next time you make a return visit to the windy city, make sure to stop by Galloping Ghost Arcade. They have Gale Racer there. :)

Mathius

Quote from: chany60126 on 04/07/2018, 11:31 PM
Next time you make a return visit to the windy city, make sure to stop by Galloping Ghost Arcade. They have Gale Racer there. :)
They have one now?!?!

roflmao

oooOOOOoooo I don't know if I'll be able to make while I'm at MGC but I'll try to make it to the next Turbofest there!

chany60126

Quote from: guest on 04/08/2018, 12:20 AMoooOOOOoooo I don't know if I'll be able to make while I'm at MGC but I'll try to make it to the next Turbofest there!
For Sure! There is always the VGS every July too. :)

Medic_wheat

Well I paid to compete.

https://i.imgur.com/MtqW1IZ.jpg
BattlingBastards.jpg

Although I finished. I really should have done some training leading up. My legs are going to be mush tomorrow/tonight.

xcrement5x

Quote from: Digi.k on 04/06/2018, 08:46 AM/s128r7a.jpg
I was really close to pulling the trigger on that Panzer Dragoon Saga LP as well.

NightWolve

I bought a Windows 7 Professional Product Key for only $2.53. Now that they're dirt cheap, as Win 7 support is good for another 2 years and the free Windows 10 upgrade period is over, I said why not to fully complete my upgrade from Vista finally. I didn't trust these key sellers, I didn't think Windows Activation was gonna work, but it did so purty cool to get that out of the way!

I think Windows 7 was the cleanest OS Microsoft produced, all the best of XP & Vista and less of the worst. Windows 8.1 moved the OS into the tablet craze of interface design, same with Windows 10 but with more spying like Google's Android, pretty much moving it to that model.

Well, I dunno how long I should stick with it, but I'll see how it goes in the next 2 years for my home PC. All my tablets are Windows 10 now (up'ed free from 8.1), and my phones are Android, so I have them all at my disposal to continue learning from on occasion.

IMG

Listing was quickly deleted after seller finished off his batch, but you just eBay search "windows 7 key" to find others.

Mathius

What'd you end up thinking of Silent Hill: Downpour, NW?