OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

i wanna fight my own collection

Started by bob, 06/03/2016, 09:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bob

does your collection ever stress you out?  i literally have all night tonight and tomorrow night and sunday night to play whatever i want.  i have no idea what to dive into.  NES? TURBO? GENESIS?  2600?  PLAYSTATION?  i stare at these games, want to play, but this shit pisses me off after 5 beers.  meh.

PukeSter

Play the shit you don't like, such as n64.

In all seriousness though, flip a coin. If you are iffy about your outcome, that's your drunk ass brain telling you to play the other game instead.

xcrement5x

Decision paralysis! 

When I realize it's been 15 minutes since I still started looking I just grab the first thing I see in the genre I'm interested in.  Play for at least 5-10 minutes and if nothing it'll remind you of a game you actually WANT to play.
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

esteban

Ha! I know the feeling.

I actually rotate different consoles in (and out) of circulation ever few months. This limits the choices, somewhat, and I like the fact that I am "forced" to focus on specific libraries.

Born out of necessity: limited space and a desire to keep things manageable (AKA my wife would kill me if I had EVERYTHING out at ALL times...she would realize how much crap I have).

:)
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

jtucci31

wildfruit

Yes.
If in doubt default is ALUNDRA.

Gredler

Quote from: guest on 06/04/2016, 02:53 AMFist yourself first
I always seem to go back to the same few games, and then branch off to similar games if I get tired with those. Castlevania to legendary axe to bloodborne, etc

ToyMachine78

When I drink, I like to play shooters. Great way to practice cause your reflexes are impaired.

The next time you play sober you will be surprised how much your playing has improved lol.

esteban

Quote from: guest on 06/04/2016, 03:42 PMWhen I drink, I like to play shooters. Great way to practice cause your reflexes are impaired.

The next time you play sober you will be surprised how much your playing has improved lol.
Ha! I'm the reverse: I stress too much when I am sober and CHOKE and/or SPAZZ at the same predictable segments in games...but when I've had some alcohol, I am 77.3% less likely to CHOKE/SPAZZ.

No, I don't like this predicament.

Medic_wheat

Oddly I find it easier to pick a game when I have company. This is either because my friends and I planed I. What system to play for the day and then I cans pick a game or two that I find interesting to expose my friends to.

Granted I have what one friend described as a "game store in my living room".

Granted if I went to another friends house it's like a comic book store (he even has some of his comics displayed like a news rack). Another is all about records and another still is a movie junkie.

They are always trying to turn me onto their stuff which is great because I have internet in these areas but have not dedicated the time to be as knowledae about them as I have with video games.

But when it's just me I do at times find it hard to pick a game. That or I feel guilty that I had not yet passed a game I bought recently. If anything I should focus on completing games instead of ditching some of them (mostly open world) for the next new shiny game I picked up.

DeshDildo

I typically will pick a console first then figure out what game(s) to play with it.  I usually end up going on binges of a certain console for a month or two at a time.  The main 3 in my rotation are NES, Turbo/PCE and Genesis/Sega CD.
"You CAN'T prove Nulltard/DoxPhile caused ANY harm/damage/sabotage to PCEFX!! You have NO evidence he poached ANY members for his own failed PC Engine forum/site or was a conniving destructive saboteur! ZERO, ZIP, NADA!!! Nulltard did nothing wrong!"

geise

Quote from: esteban on 06/04/2016, 01:47 AMHa! I know the feeling.

I actually rotate different consoles in (and out) of circulation ever few months. This limits the choices, somewhat, and I like the fact that I am "forced" to focus on specific libraries.

Born out of necessity: limited space and a desire to keep things manageable (AKA my wife would kill me if I had EVERYTHING out at ALL times...she would realize how much crap I have).

Haha!   This is all me.  I usually go through phases with my consoles, but it's mostly pc-e stuff.  I just grab something that is a quick pick up and play.  I only start an RPG or something longer when I know I really have more than a weekend I can devote time.

munchiaz

just jerk off like the rest of us

NecroPhile

When all else fails, play Hatris.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

bob

NES Air Fortress ended up getting the most attention.  game is awesome.

JoshTurboTrollX

Do what I do, single out one single console, grab between 5~10 games for said console and force yourself to give an honest go with whatever you picked out.  Spend MORE time playing than you did picking out the games.  Then set up a camera and a capture device recording your gameplay for youtube.  Perhaps play each game for as long as you can on only one life and call these videos "Till I Die".

Gain millions of subscribers and retire a professional gamer.
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

esteban

Quote from: gynt on 06/06/2016, 10:03 AMNES Air Fortress ended up getting the most attention.  game is awesome.
Yup. Well with it. :)

Now play Karnov.

cardboardzero

Lee travino's fighting golf.  Your nes will never see it comming.
And every time I drive down the road I wanna jerk the wheel into a god damn bridge embankment!!

ToyMachine78

Quote from: esteban on 06/06/2016, 04:52 PM
Quote from: gynt on 06/06/2016, 10:03 AMNES Air Fortress ended up getting the most attention.  game is awesome.
Yup. Well with it. :)

Now play Karnov.
Karnov is one of those games that I loved as a kid, and have many fond memories of, but doesn't hold up when I play it now.

DeshDildo

Glad to hear!  Nobody ever talks about this game.  I have nostalgia for the game as my cousin had it growing up.  Hal makes great stuff, some shewty stages before each level, kick ass music and good difficulty.  On top of that it's still a cheap game.  What more can you ask for?
"You CAN'T prove Nulltard/DoxPhile caused ANY harm/damage/sabotage to PCEFX!! You have NO evidence he poached ANY members for his own failed PC Engine forum/site or was a conniving destructive saboteur! ZERO, ZIP, NADA!!! Nulltard did nothing wrong!"

esteban

Quote from: Desh on 06/07/2016, 12:06 AM
Glad to hear!  Nobody ever talks about this game.  I have nostalgia for the game as my cousin had it growing up.  Hal makes great stuff, some shewty stages before each level, kick ass music and good difficulty.  On top of that it's still a cheap game.  What more can you ask for?
A better name!

Otherwise: yup. :)

wiseau

Eh, i just pick from whatever console i feel like playing, or whatever doesn't require me to bust out a console from the bin. It depends.

bartre

Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 06/06/2016, 04:10 PMDo what I do, single out one single console, grab between 5~10 games for said console and force yourself to give an honest go with whatever you picked out.  Spend MORE time playing than you did picking out the games.  Then set up a camera and a capture device recording your gameplay for youtube.  Perhaps play each game for as long as you can on only one life and call these videos "Till I Die".

This is pretty much what I do.
I only allow myself one console hooked up at a time (sans ps3, that doubles as a netflix box)
found I tend to play THROUGH the games a lot more.

but then dark souls 3 came out......

in99flames

I thought i might have been the only one with the "decision paralysis" syndrome....im glad there are quite a few of us haha
I am somebody's mommy!
----name that movie quote :)

Gypsy

Quote from: bartre on 06/19/2016, 08:28 AM
Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 06/06/2016, 04:10 PMDo what I do, single out one single console, grab between 5~10 games for said console and force yourself to give an honest go with whatever you picked out.  Spend MORE time playing than you did picking out the games.  Then set up a camera and a capture device recording your gameplay for youtube.  Perhaps play each game for as long as you can on only one life and call these videos "Till I Die".

This is pretty much what I do.
I only allow myself one console hooked up at a time (sans ps3, that doubles as a netflix box)
found I tend to play THROUGH the games a lot more.

but then dark souls 3 came out......
The one console idea isn't bad but I keep all of my consoles hooked up for the most part due to laziness.

What I try to do is stick to one "longer" game that I'm playing (right now it's Red Dead Redemption) then if I get bored or annoyed at the longer game I'll jam a time waster like pinball or a puzzle game. I try to beat shooters I get within the first week of getting them, then revisit them as time wasters/try to beat my score (which I keep saved on a text file) later.

That said, decision paralysis definitely effects me too. It happens to me a lot more with movies, of which I have too damn many.

TR0N

Are you saying join the gamehuggers !?
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

TheClash603

I just downloaded an app (My Games Collection) where you put your games in and then can hit a pick random game button, it has been life changing.  You can then make a note in the game of when you played it, so you can keep going through new games.

esteban

Quote from: TheClash603 on 06/23/2016, 07:06 PMI just downloaded an app (My Games Collection) where you put your games in and then can hit a pick random game button, it has been life changing.  You can then make a note in the game of when you played it, so you can keep going through new games.
Ha!

Sarumaru

I'm stealing this idea, calling it "Til i derp" and walk into walls and pits all day erreday

Arbitern1

I spent the last few years struggling with the same problem. My life was pretty chaotic at the time, so i had very little time for gaming. I finally had to scale back my collection for it to not stress me out. I started paring down my modern consoles to games that i couldn't live without. I had around 200 disc releases for my PS3 and scaled down to 30. I always felt the need to pick up modern console releases that were below 5$ even if i knew i would never play them.

Before i had so many games that the idea of starting on them would stress me out. I actually moved my collection to another room in the house so i would see them less. Now i can casually sit down with a beer and enjoy a few titles on the weekends.

esteban

Quote from: Arbitern1 on 06/26/2016, 02:44 AMBefore i had so many games that the idea of starting on them would stress me out. I actually moved my collection to another room in the house so i would see them less. Now i can casually sit down with a beer and enjoy a few titles on the weekends.
I totally understand this—"compartmentalizing" helps.

Of course, I am too materialistic (hoarder) to actually get rid all the games I have. I don't have too much garbage (sports games), but I am pretty sure I could clear out all the  old floppy disc computer games I still have. I haven't touched many of them in eons.

JoshTurboTrollX

Quote from: TR0N on 06/23/2016, 02:05 PM

Are you saying join the gamehuggers !?
HAHAH!!  Each and every member of our goober panel of "experts" are indeed millionaires. :P

Quote from: Sarumaru on 06/23/2016, 07:43 PM

I'm stealing this idea, calling it "Til i derp" and walk into walls and pits all day erreday
I love this idea, you just need to have a derpy Saru head pop up in the bottom corner that shouts out "DERP" each time you lose a life.  :)
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Arkhan Asylum

I don't have this problem because I am fucking sweet.

really though I just go in moods.

There are stretches where I will binge on genesis or NES and then not touch it for 6 months.

That tends to be what I do, is go in rotations while playing current RPGs from my fucking massive backlog

thats what stresses me out.

I buy the cute limited box ones and just pile them up, only because its like 80$ now, or 549302200230$ later because reseller pieces of shit.

I want to go back in time, stop hitler from dying, bring him to 2017 and go "look man, the Jews are fine.  It's the reseller pieces of shit you need to worry about.  Just lure them in with rare prototypes like PC Cocoron, also hey check out Download 2, lol"

WAIT

WOULD DOWNLOAD 2 EVEN EXIST IF I BROUGHT HITLER TO 2017

HOLY

FUCK.

This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

esteban

^ ha! The antagonists in Bionic Commando and Download 2 would be MUSSOLINI, clearly.

Castle of the Rocca delle Caminate 3D would be popular on the PC....

Gredler

I rarely if ever find myself looking at my games and thinking what should play because I am usually excited to play something that I've been thinking about or am in the middle of by the time I get around to playing.

Bloufo

I only fight my flash carts, never my physical collection.  :P

But it's true.

A thing like the EverDrive allows me the ability to jump game-to-game, which caused me to jump game-to-game. Never really sitting down and playing something.

PukeSter

Quote from: Bloufo on 10/06/2017, 05:59 AMA thing like the EverDrive allows me the ability to jump game-to-game, which caused me to jump game-to-game. Never really sitting down and playing something.
This is why you either download one rom at a time, or make a folder of only the good stuff

blueraven

I want to donkey punch my collection sometimes.

Because in rare instances I think about selling my games and when that happens I usually start taking auto repair work on the weekends so I don't have to.

And a lot of it is in storage.

bartre

Quote from: blueraven on 10/07/2017, 06:32 PMI want to donkey punch my collection sometimes.

Because in rare instances I think about selling my games and when that happens I usually start taking auto repair work on the weekends so I don't have to.

And a lot of it is in storage.
see, that's when I comb through stuff and decide what's worth keeping around.
case in point, I've been dumping off my Vita stuff recently, and the paycheck is pretty nice.
plus, I can still use henkaku to play what i wanna play.