10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

Are ebayers getting more retarded?

Started by o.pwuaioc, 07/08/2017, 11:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

o.pwuaioc

Serious question here. I was bidding on Gladius for the Gamecube. The final bid was $13.50 + 2.63 for shipping. At the very least it's $16 anywhere in the US.

Meanwhile, I saw a BIN for Gladius for $15.99, cheaper than the game + shipping, with a "Make Offer" option. I asked for a few dollars off the price, and got it, paying substantially less than the final bidders would have on an auction game.

Why oh why were these people bidding up a game higher than you could buy it instantly? I don't understand it, except only that they must be getting dumber and dumber all the time.

Anyone else have this experience?

Gypsy

This happens a lot. I guess people just get caught up in bidding? Idk.

PukeSter

I think the real sad thing is all those suckers who bought a gamecube.

glazball

Perhaps the winning bidder was buying many games from the seller and wanted to combine shipping, support that seller in particular, was looking for nice condition, or some combination of those.
glazball's game collection and wantlist

o.pwuaioc

Quote from: PukeSter on 07/09/2017, 12:05 AMI think the real sad thing is all those suckers who bought a gamecube.
Metroid Prime is worth it alone. The rest, though, yeah, it's no PS2.

Quote from: glazball on 07/09/2017, 12:07 AMPerhaps the winning bidder was buying many games from the seller and wanted to combine shipping, support that seller in particular, was looking for nice condition, or some combination of those.
I ruled out both of those, unless there were recent wins I didn't see. Both games were described as being in the exact same shape, so not that.

I see it frequently, so I doubt it's the shipping thing, though I suppose it's possible.

Arkhan Asylum

some people are too lazy to make an offer, or the timeframe doesn't work out.

They might get denied the offer, and then they miss their bid ending, and then they cry because they realize they bought a gamecube.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

ClodBusted

Quote from: guest on 07/09/2017, 12:16 AMMetroid Prime is worth it alone.
I agree. I was initially worried about how Metroid would turn out when it went the 3D way - and even to a first person shooter perspective. But my worries were blown away once I got my hands on Metroid Prime. To me, it is a masterpiece.

NoSexGex

I find most of these deals are just a battle of intellect, all psychological. In the situation of two identical items, there's no logical reason a buyer would bid past the current BIN price.

Caaaaaught up in a moment :-({|=
For a good time, reach out to this wily KKKFarm-crankcaller at (780) 717-9274 or Ryleystuartreynolds@gmail.com up in Alberta, Canada!
His last crank-voicemail: "Gimme a call back when you can. This is Ryley by the way... *giggles*"
He then followed it up with 8 WEEKS of ~DAILY calling! BAN ON SIGHT!!!

NecroPhile

Yes, both on the side of buyers and sellers.  But it's not just general stupidity; ebay's and paypal's odd rules and don't-give-a-fuck attitudes have given rise to way more scamming (shill bids, bait and switch, fake damage, etc.).
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Gypsy

Unfortunately, it's hard to stop item swapping. Like really hard. Even when you mark what you sent in a distinctive way and don't get the same item back and can prove it to eBay, they don't care.

NoSexGex

Quote from: Gypsy on 07/10/2017, 03:43 PMUnfortunately, it's hard to stop item swapping. Like really hard. Even when you mark what you sent in a distinctive way and don't get the same item back and can prove it to eBay, they don't care.
Being at the buyers mercy is balls, pretty much why I avoid selling my dubs on eBay. At least with private sales you can sort of gauge before if the buyer is crazy
For a good time, reach out to this wily KKKFarm-crankcaller at (780) 717-9274 or Ryleystuartreynolds@gmail.com up in Alberta, Canada!
His last crank-voicemail: "Gimme a call back when you can. This is Ryley by the way... *giggles*"

bartre

yeah, it's just a side effect of the hobby getting worse though.

on the subject of your specific point, this has been happening for years.
almost 10 years ago, i was looking at a copy of MKR for saturn on amazon, $45 shipped CIB w/ pictures.
thought I'd bid on one on ebay because more detailed pictures.
the auction ended at like $75, and i promptly bought the copy of amazon.

Gypsy

Yeah, Amazon and eBay have always been separate worlds. One might as well not exist in terms of pricing on the other. Hell, I'm not even sure some people listing on eBay check eBay before setting a price...

NoSexGex

Curious if anyone has ever gotten a good TG16 deal from Amazon. I've looked a couple times, but have yet to find anything that's decently priced

esteban

Quote from: NoSexGex on 07/11/2017, 10:26 PMCurious if anyone has ever gotten a good TG16 deal from Amazon. I've looked a couple times, but have yet to find anything that's decently priced
Many, many moons ago: Yes.

IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Gypsy

Amazon deals require the dumb luck of searching when a cheapo listing goes up.

NoSexGex

There's just so many categories on Amazon, it's more time consuming to check compared to the other hubs

wiseau

Quote from: NoSexGex on 07/11/2017, 10:26 PMCurious if anyone has ever gotten a good TG16 deal from Amazon. I've looked a couple times, but have yet to find anything that's decently priced
Meh, nothing special, saved 5 bucks on a cart only game once.

o.pwuaioc

Quote from: Gypsy on 07/11/2017, 10:47 PMAmazon deals require the dumb luck of searching when a cheapo listing goes up.
Yep. I don't think I've seen a cheap listing in years, though. I haven't even checked it for games since...2012? 2013, maybe? Not really worth the time spent searching, even if you're going to save a few bucks here and there every once in a while.

NoSexGex

To be honest i'm contempt with refreshing eBay a few times a day, hoping to luck out and find a game I want that's decently priced

xcrement5x

Brand New Sonic Spikes were available for a loooong time, also some cheaper Madden copies.
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

Psycho Punch

Quote from: guest on 07/12/2017, 12:13 PM
Brand New Sonic Spikes were available for a loooong time, also some cheaper Madden copies.
I still regret paying $5 for my new copy of the game... no wonder it sat there unsold for years.
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

mitsuman

Quote from: Psycho Punch on 07/12/2017, 12:41 PM
Quote from: guest on 07/12/2017, 12:13 PM
I still regret paying $5 for my new copy of the game... no wonder it sat there unsold for years.
Hell send it my way if you want to get rid of it.

Alt-Nintega

That's why ebay prices on Turbo stuff should be higher than they are now. These mooks do not deserve to have Turbo stuff. This is why we will always raise prices on games. We do it burgeoise style.

crazydean

I was bidding on a Wavebird controller today and it ended up going for $45 after shipping. You can get one in the same condition, BIN $35.

xcrement5x

Quote from: crazydean on 07/14/2017, 12:50 AMI was bidding on a Wavebird controller today and it ended up going for $45 after shipping. You can get one in the same condition, BIN $35.
Local shop has them for sale at about $40+ tax here.  Saw a GameBoy player from them the other day for $60, I remember picking them up from GameStop for like $5.
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

Gypsy

That's not too bad assuming it has the disc with it. If it doesn't they can piss right off.  :lol:

in99flames

They get caught up in a bid war. Happens a lot. I get irritated with people who put a "best offer" yet won't accept 1 dollar less than their listing. Whats the point of the option?

What drives me crazy the most are the people charging retarded prices on shipping. Like a game for sale....say an n64 game or something...BIN for $10+$15 for s&h. Some scenarios make sense...but usually Its not even due to the type of shipping like international or priority overnight.
I am somebody's mommy!
----name that movie quote :)

crazydean

Quote from: in99flames on 07/15/2017, 12:21 AMThey get caught up in a bid war. Happens a lot. I get irritated with people who put a "best offer" yet won't accept 1 dollar less than their listing. Whats the point of the option?

What drives me crazy the most are the people charging retarded prices on shipping. Like a game for sale....say an n64 game or something...BIN for $10+$15 for s&h. Some scenarios make sense...but usually Its not even due to the type of shipping like international or priority overnight.
"It does have a little marking on back of controller. But controller is in perfect working condition. Item is not or best offer"

This has a make offer option.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/322581186147

Gypsy

I once had a seller auto-decline an offer that was maybe 50 cents off. I was testing after my first two reasonable offers were auto-declined. It was an MTG booster box, I don't remember what set off-hand. Then I found out seemingly lots of the booster box sellers do this. Not sure what the purpose is.

With shipping, some people are literally just complete morons. I ordered a fairly compact anime set (single dvd case size with 4 discs in it, weighs about 5 ounces) and the seller had $13+ shipping. The total price after my offer was fine so it's w/e, I figured they were factoring total cost too. Well when I get it, I notice the shipping label they paid for 3 pounds....

Quote from: crazydean on 07/15/2017, 12:30 AM"It does have a little marking on back of controller. But controller is in perfect working condition. Item is not or best offer"

This has a make offer option.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/322581186147
My brain hurts now.

in99flames

Hahah exactly my point as  gypsy and crazydean stated....my brain also hurts. I bought a lot of broken genesis systems and sega cds a few years back...guy charged me 36 to ship. The price on the label was like $16.35. :-P. I asked him why i was charged 20 more than necessary he simply said he messed up and refunded me.
I am somebody's mommy!

in99flames

Speaking of retarded and ebay....how in the fuck does someone get over 400 nintendo switches to be sold on ebay? Steal an 18 wheeler from Nintendo?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/322440962442

392 units sold...still has 10 percent left so just over 400. I just cant fathom how to obtain THAT many. not to mention if you buy them to resell youre spending 120k out of pocket first. Wtf....
I am somebody's mommy!

Gypsy

Honestly at $409 if he had to buy them at retail, he is barely making shit on them. Of course...it looks like some sold for more in the history and we don't know most of the sale amounts.

in99flames

True....if you do the math. You spend 120k out of pocket. And say after all fees he makes even just 50 dollars on each. He still makes 20k in profit. Not bad for sitting on your ass i guess. But its dicks like him that make nintendo items and other things difficult to get....
I am somebody's mommy!

Gypsy

So recently I had two eBay sellers never mark as shipped. I got one item (computer mouse) today pretty fast. I was actually about to message them about why they hadn't shipped... It was priority and had tracking. Had an online label too so it's not like they paid at the post office and forgot to mark as shipped on eBay. Wtf.

The 2nd seller I had to ask. Also that package is coming UPS when I asked them to send USPS... I fully expect that item (old motherboard) to arrive in 1 million pieces.

ClodBusted

Edit: Wrong thread. My bad, sorry guys.

in99flames

Quote from: Gypsy on 07/15/2017, 12:02 PMSo recently I had two eBay sellers never mark as shipped. I got one item (computer mouse) today pretty fast. I was actually about to message them about why they hadn't shipped... It was priority and had tracking. Had an online label too so it's not like they paid at the post office and forgot to mark as shipped on eBay. Wtf.

The 2nd seller I had to ask. Also that package is coming UPS when I asked them to send USPS... I fully expect that item (old motherboard) to arrive in 1 million pieces.
UGH. my ups stuff usually comes ok if its boxed,but if its a padded envelope forget it. Usually crushed and bent.
I am somebody's mommy!

in99flames

Check out this item and this assholes other items: http://www.ebay.com/itm/282364972389

Would you like to pay $70 for a fake instruction manual or box? Nowhere on the artwork does it state "reproduction". It imitates the real thing and he charges absurd premiums. Its ok though..its "custom art" even though its an exact copy reproduction. Isnt what hes doing copywrite violation?
I am somebody's mommy!

NoSexGex

Quote from: in99flames on 07/17/2017, 01:18 AMCheck out this item and this assholes other items: http://www.ebay.com/itm/282364972389

Would you like to pay $70 for a fake instruction manual or box? Nowhere on the artwork does it state "reproduction". It imitates the real thing and he charges absurd premiums. Its ok though..its "custom art" even though its an exact copy reproduction. Isnt what hes doing copywrite violation?
Hot garbage

People interested should really see Jon's work https://www.etsy.com/shop/MegaBoxReproductions . I'm not sure what he's asking for his, but his are just as nice and say reproduction all over. But his might be the entire thing, disc, case and manny.

Sucks if you're going after this stuff because you have to go Sherlock Holmes mode to detect people passing this garbage off as real

**Edit** Got the link to work

technozombie

I've actually found a few good deals on Amazon, but it really is a a slog to look through the listing in search of a deal. One little trick is to find a seller that will combine shipping and order a couple of items.

xcrement5x

Quote from: in99flames on 07/17/2017, 01:18 AMCheck out this item and this assholes other items: http://www.ebay.com/itm/282364972389

Depends on how well he matched the original I guess.  The colors on this look a bit saturated at first glance, but it could just be the photo.  To be honest I'm surprised dude doesn't have a Keio manual too since that one is stupid expensive now. 

Mas

You bought Gladius? Really Gladius?  :-s sad