@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

Black Friday Rant (BFR)

Started by NoSexGex, 11/24/2017, 03:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NoSexGex

Local store has an amazing selection of PCE / TG16 games, but all are priced insanely high. Worse than eBay BINs. Awhile ago some collector sold them his entire collection for top dollar, probably an instant regret as barely anything has sold.

$1,000 CDN for Air Zonk CIB
$1,500 CDN for Terraforming CIC
$280 CDN for Valis III
$1,800 CDN for Hero Tonma CIB (rough)
$3,000 CDN Soldier Blade (Sealed)

Just to name a couple that instantly come to mind, plus 5% GST.

The store has been pushing this "Big Black Friday Sale", 10% off or something stupid like that. But people are going ape shit over this. Local gamers who repeatedly browse the store are so used to seeing these ridiculous price tags, that they're jumping all over this 10% deal. Which is really only 5% because of GST.

$2,850 CDN for a sealed Soldier Blade??! Oh the savings!!! I feel a lot of Canadians into TG16/PCE overlook online prices, because of import charges and shipping fees. Which is really too bad, because it allows local stores like this to gouge the fuck out of people. Thinking if they don't buy this today, they'll either have to pay more for it tomorrow. Or never find it again.

This place is really something though, by far the worst prices i've ever seen.
For a good time, reach out to this wily KKKFarm-crankcaller at (780) 717-9274 or Ryleystuartreynolds@gmail.com up in Alberta, Canada!
His last crank-voicemail: "Gimme a call back when you can. This is Ryley by the way... *giggles*"
He then followed it up with 8 WEEKS of ~DAILY calling! BAN ON SIGHT!!!

HuMan

Everdrive and CD-Rs, Everdrive and CD-Rs, Everdrive and CD-Rs...

NoSexGex

I just don't get it. Like why $280 for Valis III? Why not $350, or $900? They're obviously not going by recent sales, so what are they going by?
For a good time, reach out to this wily KKKFarm-crankcaller at (780) 717-9274 or Ryleystuartreynolds@gmail.com up in Alberta, Canada!
His last crank-voicemail: "Gimme a call back when you can. This is Ryley by the way... *giggles*"

PukeSter

Quote from: NoSexGex on 11/24/2017, 06:23 PMI just don't get it. Like why $280 for Valis III? Why not $350, or $900? They're obviously not going by recent sales, so what are they going by?
Maybe it's because Valis 3 is by far the worst game on that list?

If the PC Engine CD add-on had more platformers, no one would give the Valis series the time of day.

turboswimbz

Ehh most of the stores here are pretty high too. weirdly so:

Bonk = $100
Space Harrier = $90
John Madden = $210

+ 7% tax. 

This type of pricing must be based on whatever they get the things for.  I know the guy near me just paid top E-bay prices then added 30% on them just so he had TG-16 in the store. 
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

OldMan

QuoteJohn Madden = $210
Really? I didn't think it was even good enough to open...

seieienbu

The real question though:  did any of the mega-overpriced games sell?
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

turboswimbz

Quote from: TheOldMan on 11/24/2017, 08:51 PM
QuoteJohn Madden = $210
Really? I didn't think it was even good enough to open...
THE FMV IS WORTH IT.  3 Fans and HS football gear.
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

NoSexGex

Quote from: PukeSter on 11/24/2017, 06:45 PM
Quote from: NoSexGex on 11/24/2017, 06:23 PMI just don't get it. Like why $280 for Valis III? Why not $350, or $900? They're obviously not going by recent sales, so what are they going by?
Maybe it's because Valis 3 is by far the worst game on that list?

If the PC Engine CD add-on had more platformers, no one would give the Valis series the time of day.
lolololol

Quote from: turboswimbz on 11/24/2017, 07:18 PMEhh most of the stores here are pretty high too. weirdly so:

Bonk = $100
Space Harrier = $90
John Madden = $210

+ 7% tax. 

This type of pricing must be based on whatever they get the things for.  I know the guy near me just paid top E-bay prices then added 30% on them just so he had TG-16 in the store. 
$210 (USD or CDN) for Madden football is really fucked. From a business perspective, I sincerely don't understand the logic from these guys. NOOBODDYY is buying that.

NoSexGex

Quote from: seieienbu on 11/24/2017, 09:36 PMThe real question though:  did any of the mega-overpriced games sell?
I don't think so, they apparently extended their sale till the end of this weekend. Guess they didn't meet their sales projections. I'm in the area on Wednesday so i'll check it out then, and see if I can still cash in on the dealz of a life time. $2,800 for sealed solDIER BLADEE! [-o<

Psycho Punch

Quote from: PukeSter on 11/24/2017, 06:45 PMMaybe it's because Valis 3 is by far the worst game on that list?

If the PC Engine CD add-on had more waifus, no one would give the Valis series the time of day.
fixed
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

NecroPhile

LOL at the prices.  Even in Canadian funny money, nobody's gonna pay anywhere near that much.

Quote from: turboswimbz on 11/24/2017, 07:18 PMI know the guy near me just paid top E-bay prices then added 30% on them just so he had TG-16 in the store. 
I don't get that.  The local game store rarely ever has any Turbobs (if they do, it's loose TV Sports and Keiths), and nobody cares.  We all understand that they're relatively rare and pricey, so nobody expects them to have a sizable stock on hand.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

NoSexGex

Maybe these stores are holding a belief that people will overpay for the novelty of buying local. They probably get over excited at the thought of having Turbo/PCE, and don't want the opportunity to slip.

turboswimbz

Quote from: NecroPhile on 11/27/2017, 09:49 AMLOL at the prices.  Even in Canadian funny money, nobody's gonna pay anywhere near that much.

Quote from: turboswimbz on 11/24/2017, 07:18 PMI know the guy near me just paid top E-bay prices then added 30% on them just so he had TG-16 in the store. 
I don't get that.  The local game store rarely ever has any Turbobs (if they do, it's loose TV Sports and Keiths), and nobody cares.  We all understand that they're relatively rare and pricey, so nobody expects them to have a sizable stock on hand.
Not really sizable.  I mean he has several games like space harriar, bonk, riot zone, madden.  I am sure he got these in an over priced lot.  HE also "collects" .  I have mixed reviews of the place and so do a lot of other people.  I mean selection wise it's cool, price wise it leaves a bit to be desired.  here is the current turbobs for offer:
IMG

FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/poweredbygamesLANOKAHARBOR/

NecroPhile

Considering the size of the library, I'd say that's a relatively large selection for today.  Hell, I don't think my local game shop had any more than that at any given time in the early 90s.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

NoSexGex

lolol I don't see the $210 Madden Football, maybe someone got the black Friday dealz

turboswimbz

Quote from: NoSexGex on 11/27/2017, 04:07 PMlolol I don't see the $210 Madden Football, maybe someone got the black Friday dealz
IDK all the CD games are gone.  I guess someone bought them.  maybe they made a deal

NoSexGex

Maybe he just hides the overpriced games, and when people ask where they went he says they sold. Making them think that their is an actual audience of people stupid enough to pay 6X eBay retail.

turboswimbz

well, he does have like 3 TG-16 posts in the last few weeks so maybe.  on the other hand, as a side rant,  I might charge that much if I paid commercial rent around here too. . . .