@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

Gauging interest for a Neo Geo arcade cab.

Started by Mishran, 06/28/2013, 10:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mishran

Ok... this is, as the topic states, a gauge of interest in my MVS cab. I'm also having to give it up, which is the hardest of it all to part with. I wanted one for years, finally got one and now I gotta give it up. Life is cruel. :(

Anyway, enough of my self pity...

/e2eh.jpg

This is it. It isn't a official SNK "Big Red", but it appears to have been converted using an official kit. Inside is an MV-1F board. It's got a 19" monitor and stereo sound. It's in good shape, but could use a little TLC, which I never got around to doing. Here are some of the outside blemishes the cab has.

/r1bs.jpg
The little strip above the marquee appears to have broke at some point. I took a piece of scotch tape to hold it together to keep it from coming off the rest of the way.
/e2ll.jpg
Above the monitor on the bezel is a spot that looks like something was taped to it. It was removed, tore the bezel and some idiot (not me) tried to cover it up with a red marker. #-o
/4gqn.jpg
There is a white mark on the control panel overlay and the button markers look like they were twisted a little somehow.
/2dd2.jpg
The overlay had started to peal away at some point and was fixed with packing tape.
/il3x.jpg
The black mask is starting to peal away here.
/osjt.jpg
A little chipping here.
/lz09.jpg
More overlay peeling on the other side.
/7hfp.jpg
A decent size chip on the left side of the cab close to the back on the bottom.

Some pics of the inside of the cab.
/mqmb.jpg
Back of the monitor. The cardboard cover was hanging off, so I took a zip tie through the two attached to hold the board in place. :-"
/s2c4.jpg
The part of the cab that matters most. The MVS is connected to the stereo speakers through the stereo connector.
/bi60.jpg
Power supply board. The +5v took a shit so I had to swap out the switching power supply with a cheap one.
/a1x6.jpg
Couple of crack running from the coin door to the outer edges. Doesn't appear to affect the integrity of the panel though.
/wmz6.jpg
A little tag attached to the coin door. Originally a Samurai Shodown cab? :)

I live about an hour from Harrisburg, PA and this isn't exactly something I can box up and drop off at the post office. This would basically be for anyone close enough to drive to get it. I haven't decided on a price or anything yet, as I'm waiting to see where my other sale will get me first.

If get no hits here, I'll post it on Craigslist. Thanks for looking!