RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

What PC-Engine Stuff did you get today?

Started by Shadow, 04/03/2013, 09:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Opethian

damn im jelly cant wait for mine!
IMG

synbiosfan

Quote from: guest on 08/11/2014, 10:33 PMThis arrived today!

IMG
IMG
IMG

It's awesome.  The soundtrack is excellent too!
I'm even more excited now!

looks sweet.

OldMan

Have any of you guys actually played it?

roflmao

I've been playing it off and on all night.  It's great. 

Dicer

Quote from: bonoedgey on 08/09/2014, 12:33 PMI got this last night in the mail. From KC (thanks again  :)Now I just need to wait for my shadow of the beast to come (got it very decent price. Played it back in the day on Amiga).
Did you buy that one on E-bay it went for like $25 or something...

elderbroom

After jumping at a great deal on a Duo-R, and not getting the Duo-RX that was my initial intention .. I had some 6 button envy.  So picked these up .. arrived today.   Hadouken !

tinypic.com/2lbd3m.jpg
-----------------------
Elderbroom
My TG-16/PCE Collection : http://www.pcedaisakusen.net/2/34/615/show-collection.htm

johnnymad

I'd like to pick up a six button controller one day. SF2 just feels wrong on the standard controller.

jtucci31

Quote from: elderbroom on 08/13/2014, 07:18 PMAfter jumping at a great deal on a Duo-R, and not getting the Duo-RX that was my initial intention .. I had some 6 button envy.  So picked these up .. arrived today.   Hadouken !
So you're the butthole that took all the 6 button controllers! Shouldn't have waited so long. I'm good for that

elderbroom

Quote from: guest on 08/13/2014, 09:38 PM
Quote from: elderbroom on 08/13/2014, 07:18 PMAfter jumping at a great deal on a Duo-R, and not getting the Duo-RX that was my initial intention .. I had some 6 button envy.  So picked these up .. arrived today.   Hadouken !
So you're the butthole that took all the 6 button controllers! Shouldn't have waited so long. I'm good for that
I've been called worse .. today ! And yes, I thought the prices were fair.  But need to slow down, gone alittle crazy with my hobby budget lately.
-----------------------
Elderbroom
My TG-16/PCE Collection : http://www.pcedaisakusen.net/2/34/615/show-collection.htm

jtucci31

Quote from: elderbroom on 08/13/2014, 10:14 PM
Quote from: guest on 08/13/2014, 09:38 PM
I've been called worse .. today ! And yes, I thought the prices were fair.  But need to slow down, gone alittle crazy with my hobby budget lately.
Oh I was just joking around. Just a little jealousy. I know how it goes though when it comes to...."overspending"  sometimes :)

NightWolve

Quote from: johnnymad on 08/13/2014, 08:20 PMI'd like to pick up a six button controller one day. SF2 just feels wrong on the standard controller.
It won't work with it. It only works with Arcade CD titles I'm afraid and maybe a few SCDs (not sure), but definitely doesn't work with that HuCard.

shubibiman

The 6 button controller was originally developped in order to play SF2 ;)
Self proclamed Aldynes World Champion

Piwi

elderbroom

Okay, I really need to stop cruising eBay after having acouple adult beverages, and/or when I can't sleep. 

Went to the mailbox expecting a package that I recall ordering  .. to find these.  Was like .. "Oh .. yeah!".   Two titles I wanted, and price wasn't terrible .. can't believe they totally slipped my mind.

tinypic.com/iljcq0.jpg
-----------------------
Elderbroom

elderbroom

Quote from: NightWolve on 08/14/2014, 01:26 AM
Quote from: johnnymad on 08/13/2014, 08:20 PMI'd like to pick up a six button controller one day. SF2 just feels wrong on the standard controller.
It won't work with it. It only works with Arcade CD titles I'm afraid and maybe a few SCDs (not sure), but definitely doesn't work with that HuCard.
Hey NW, seems to work just fine. Tested it now. Sorry for the potato quality photo.  But in the Options menu it recognized 2 vs. 6 buttons and works flawlessly ingame.

tinypic.com/xoijxj.jpg
-----------------------
Elderbroom

NightWolve

Oh cool! Hm, who the hell told me it didn't work for that game...? I don't recall how I got the idea now. Well, I might finally have something to use mine with when my Turbo Everdrive arrives and I put my Duo back together! I wasted $40 on mine in the 90's and never wound up getting an Arcade Card. I even grabbed Strider for $15 used thinking I'd get the ACD eventually when it got cheaper, never did, and so never got any of the fighting games it was meant to work with.

shubibiman

Quote from: shubibiman on 08/14/2014, 02:07 AMThe 6 button controller was originally developped in order to play SF2 ;)
No one he wants to believe le french monsieur  :mrgreen:
Self proclamed Aldynes World Champion

NecroPhile

I thought you were trolling 'em, N.W.  While you've got the everdrive going, give Strip Fighter 2 a look; it's the only other huey I know of that can use the 6 buttons, and it's good for a laugh or two.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

NightWolve

Nah, and now I can't even remember for sure how I came under the impression that it didn't work with it. Maybe I just assumed it was made around the time by and for the Arcade CD titles or something. I was sore that I spent $40 and never got to use it once, and felt I should've stuck with the original. It does feel better to me though, somewhat.

Medic_wheat

/output_zpsex1ywag4.jpg

More loose Hu Cards anyone know how to change the language settings on the Ninja Gaiden game?

NightWolve

Hm, I just fired up the Ninja Gaiden ROM in the MagicEngine emulator. Somehow I must've just missed it all these years. Looks like it's a straight port of the NES version with enhancements, so maybe something else to mess with when I get my TE. I beat all the NES versions (1-3), so maybe I just didn't think I should bother with it in my serious emulation playing days 10 years back or so.

CrackTiger

Quote from: NightWolve on 08/15/2014, 09:50 PMHm, I just fired up the Ninja Gaiden ROM in the MagicEngine emulator. Somehow I must've just missed it all these years. Looks like it's a straight port of the NES version with enhancements, so maybe something else to mess with when I get my TE. I beat all the NES versions (1-3), so maybe I just didn't think I should bother with it in my serious emulation playing days 10 years back or so.

@Nulltard, nah, wasn't you, goes back years further that I thought this.
There is a code to play it in English.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

reno5

I got my copy of Jinmu Densho. Can't wait to play it after work

SuperPlay

MrFulci

I also had Pyramid Plunder arrive today, along with Insanity.
"Damnit, Beavis, put that away. You're not supposed to have your _____ out when you're cooking".

technozombie

I got some stuff in today. I'm giddy as a school girl.:)

/c9d59a8e15d9251d47917775c030dffe.jpg

Medic_wheat

That robo kid looks like it might be a fun game but I cant seem to find much on youtube

esteban

Quote from: SuperPlay on 08/11/2014, 03:36 PMA couple of recent items:

Tengai Makyou II Far East of Eden Manji Maru Soundtrack
Sherlock Holmes Vol. II

IMG
Tell me about this. Any surprises? For example, PSG tunes in addition to Red Book? I never played TENGAI Makyou II....but it might have PSG.

THANKS  :pcgs:
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

technozombie

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 08/21/2014, 09:35 PMThat robo kid looks like it might be a fun game but I cant seem to find much on youtube
I only had time to test the hucard games before I had to go to work. I only try a little of the first level but it was......interesting....

NecroPhile

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 08/21/2014, 09:35 PMThat robo kid looks like it might be a fun game but I cant seem to find much on youtube

ctophil

Hi everyone,

Look what I bought the other day!  You know, the highly coveted Castlevania Dracula X for PC Engine Super CD.  I got it off Ebay for $118.  I'm excited as can be.  I don't have it yet, but looking forward to playing it night and day until the game is beaten.  lol. 

I heard about this game for like 20 years.  Now, finally I get to play it.

dracula-x-1.jpg dracula-x-2.jpg
dracula-x-3.jpg

HailingTheThings

Quote from: ctophil on 08/22/2014, 06:36 PMHi everyone,

Look what I bought the other day!  You know, the highly coveted Castlevania Dracula X for PC Engine Super CD.  I got it off Ebay for $118.  I'm excited as can be.  I don't have it yet, but looking forward to playing it night and day until the game is beaten.  lol. 

I heard about this game for like 20 years.  Now, finally I get to play it.
imgur.com/cqR2Usc.gif
IMG

wolfman

Today I finally received my CIB ROM ROM AMP-30! Wo-Hooooo!  :dance:

ROM ROM AMP-30.webp

But I still have to wait to try it out until I received a step-down converter (230V->110V), so that I can test it.

Cant wait to hear it. Especially cool is the Karaoke option by just plugging a microphone to it, though I have to admit I am not karaoke-affiliated in anyway...  :oops:
recent addition: Japanese Language Skills, A1 proficiency level
-------------------------------------------------------------
CryptoCoin Warrior
My Setup: PC Engine LT, CD-ROM², IFU-30
AKA woolfman on AtariAge, PlanetVB, Circuit-Board.

NecroPhile

wolfman

Quote from: guest on 09/09/2014, 05:51 PMPlease take and share some pics!
Will do as soon as I got it to work!
CryptoCoin Warrior

esteban

wolfman

Ok, here it is. Just a quick one, cause I only have time on sunday for it this week  :wink:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/65709578@N06/sets/72157647073096347/
ROM ROM AMP-30.webp

Box and inserts not pictured. I received it CIB.
CryptoCoin Warrior

Azzurri

esteban

Quote from: wolfman on 09/11/2014, 12:18 PM
Ok, here it is. Just a quick one, cause I only have time on sunday for it this week  :wink:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/65709578@N06/sets/72157647073096347/
ROM ROM AMP-30.webp

Box and inserts not pictured. I received it CIB.
L'Awesome!

I am still confused about how the IFU-30 suitcase attaches to the ROM ROM AMP. When you get a chance, please take a few pick of the mounting apparatus.

Thank you!

owlnonymous

I received two amps and a RGB cable from Broken. RGB ADVENTURE TIME!!!

PCERGBCable.jpg
instagram.com/p/s0QM8OBe6f/

Medic_wheat

Quote from: Azzurri on 09/11/2014, 09:34 PMWhat's a fair price for Cotton?
Cotton Futures End of Day Settlement Price70.14

US cents per Pound
Price in U.S. Dollars per pound: 0.7014Contract Month: OCT 14As of: Wednesday, September 10, 2014Source: NYMEX - CME Group

Open:-High:-Low:-Last:-

Change:2.36Estimated Volume:0Prior Day Open Interest:0Contract Specifications

Cotton Daily Price69.64

Average spot price in US cents per Pound for Upland cotton (color 41, leaf 4, staple 34)
As of: Thursday, September 11, 2014
Source: USDA Market News

Cotton Monthly Price - US cents per Pound

MonthPriceChangeFeb 201494.05-Mar 201496.953.08 %Apr 201494.20-2.84 %May 201492.71-1.58 %Jun 201490.90-1.95 %Jul 201483.84-7.77 %

Medic_wheat

Do you mean:?

Cotton fanrastic night dreams
Cotton Original 
Cotton on the neo geo pocket colour
Märchen Adventure Cotton 100%
Panorama Cotton
Cotton 2 Magical Night Dreams
Cottone boomerang
Cotton Rainbow
Magical Pachinko Cotton

And would you like tea cups with some of these?  😆

elderbroom

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 09/12/2014, 04:34 PM
Cotton Futures End of Day Settlement Price70.14

US cents per Pound
Price in U.S. Dollars per pound: 0.7014Contract Month: OCT 14As of: Wednesday, September 10, 2014Source: NYMEX - CME Group

Open:-High:-Low:-Last:-

Change:2.36Estimated Volume:0Prior Day Open Interest:0Contract Specifications

Cotton Daily Price69.64

Average spot price in US cents per Pound for Upland cotton (color 41, leaf 4, staple 34)
As of: Thursday, September 11, 2014
Source: USDA Market News

Cotton Monthly Price - US cents per Pound

MonthPriceChangeFeb 201494.05-Mar 201496.953.08 %Apr 201494.20-2.84 %May 201492.71-1.58 %Jun 201490.90-1.95 %Jul 201483.84-7.77 %
I think Azzurri is looking to make t-shirts for all of us, with all this cotton. I'd like a 2XL please !
-----------------------
Elderbroom

Medic_wheat

Quote from: elderbroom on 09/12/2014, 04:36 PM
Quote from: Medic_wheat on 09/12/2014, 04:34 PM
I think Azzurri is looking to make t-shirts for all of us, with all this cotton. I'd like a 2XL please !
Put me down for a L

I can't squeez in a medium without looking like a 8 month preggo women any more.

Medic_wheat

The game seems to average at the $60 USD mark. And I hear it has an english built in mod for an import game.

This along with the two. Saturn games and snes game are on my radar.

As for the MD to rich for my blood.

nosorrow

Can't wait to receive my doujindance Duo-R along with Spriggan, Rondo of Blood and Nexzr (first release). I basically purchased the system for these games (plus GunHed, the Soldier series and Ys Book I & II, which I'll get later on when my finances are straightened out - I also purchased Eliminate Down and Gleylancer this summer - among other things - so I'm a bit tapped out :wink:).

P.S. Alright... two more "impulse" purchases a few minutes ago: Final Soldier and Gunhed (I love both games by the way, having already played them quite a bit on the Wii Virtual Console over the years). "Impulse" is between quotation marks because I swore to myself earlier today (no joke) that I wouldn't be purchasing any more games online until 2015... "FAIL", as they say. Still, 5 down and 6 more to go before I have reached my ideal Turbo/PC Engine collection. (Or so I like to believe.)

esteban

Quote from: nosorrow on 09/12/2014, 10:32 PMCan't wait to receive my doujindance Duo-R along with Spriggan, Rondo of Blood and Nexzr (first release). I basically purchased the system for these games (plus GunHed, the Soldier series and Ys Book I & II, which I'll get later on when my finances are straightened out - I also purchased Eliminate Down and Gleylancer this summer - among other things - so I'm a bit tapped out :wink:).

P.S. Alright... two more "impulse" purchases a few minutes ago: Final Soldier and Gunhed (I love both games by the way, having already played them quite a bit on the Wii Virtual Console over the years). "Impulse" is between quotation marks because I swore to myself earlier today (no joke) that I wouldn't be purchasing any more games online until 2015... "FAIL", as they say. Still, 5 down and 6 more to go before I have reached my ideal Turbo/PC Engine collection. (Or so I like to believe.)
All of these purchases are solid chunks of love. You already know how nice Final Soldier and GunHed are, prepare for even better games.  :pcgs:

synbiosfan

Since I have two Everdrives, I have a one of each of these stickers on the way.

IMG
IMG

nosorrow

Random question: is it truly not recommended to use the official Japanese PC Engine Duo-R power supply in North America? Doujindance (eBay seller) says one must use another power supply (e.g. X'Eye, Genesis model 2, etc.) for it to be less risky or something. What do you guys use/recommended?

Thanks in advance.

NecroPhile

I use the original power supply with my RX and it works fine.  The difference in voltage isn't enough to worry about.