@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

What PC-Engine Stuff did you get today?

Started by Shadow, 04/03/2013, 09:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

esteban

Quote from: Gredler on 05/08/2015, 03:54 AMWhen I got home from work there were some packages on my dining table. I can't wait to have some spare time to get some long overdue import obeying on. Super stoaked.

IMG
Lots and lots of good times with all those games. :)

Playing them will provide much happiness.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Bardoly

Yes.  A nice group of games for sure.  Final Soldier would probably be my top pick, but most of the others are very good.

Digi.k

just got these in the post

Tricky is a sun faded but it's still in it's shrink wrap but it was pretty cheap.  Both from japan

/pc%20engine%20screenshots/d3fc542e-3eed-42eb-a95d-ae1bb37a604a.jpg

Cogwheels

I just splashed out money on Soldier Blade (ouch!) and Psycho Chaser (cheap).

Soldier Blade is one of my favourite games ever, and it's not getting any cheaper, so I thought why not  :oops:

Bardoly

Quote from: Digi.k on 05/12/2015, 08:58 AMjust got these in the post

Tricky is a sun faded but it's still in it's shrink wrap but it was pretty cheap.  Both from japan
/d3fc542e-3eed-42eb-a95d-ae1bb37a604a.jpg
I really enjoyed playing through Aoi Blink/Blue Blink.  Go ahead and play it!

esteban

Quote from: Bardoly on 05/12/2015, 09:49 AM
Quote from: Digi.k on 05/12/2015, 08:58 AMjust got these in the post

/d3fc542e-3eed-42eb-a95d-ae1bb37a604a.jpg
I really enjoyed playing through Aoi Blink/Blue Blink.  Go ahead and play it!
Dat Blue Blink music is solid. Good tunes.

hoobs88

Quote from: esteban on 05/08/2015, 03:34 PM
Quote from: Gredler on 05/08/2015, 03:54 AMWhen I got home from work there were some packages on my dining table. I can't wait to have some spare time to get some long overdue import obeying on. Super stoaked.

IMG
Lots and lots of good times with all those games. :)

Playing them will provide much happiness.
Much happiness indeed!
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase
Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0
League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

Cogwheels

I finally picked up a physical copy of my most loved HuCard game  :-({|=

/11000638_10155757528710001_1144383086575533930_n.jpg

VenomMacbeth

Quote from: Cogwheels on 05/14/2015, 09:58 AMI finally picked up a physical copy of the best HuCard game evar   :-({|=

11000638_10155757528710001_1144383086575533930_n.jpg
Fixed :)
Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

NecroPhile

Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Cogwheels

Best Hucard game ever? I'm not sure if I can dispute that :)

julencin2000

Finally I found a decent priced CD unit, I was told that gear fixable, so a gear is in its way too.

IMG
Get a reputation for answering phones and all they do is ring.

Gredler

Quote from: julencin2000 on 05/15/2015, 03:48 PMFinally I found a decent priced cd unit, I was told that gear fixable, so a gear is in its way too.
That's a beauty, thanks for sharing such a well taken photo of it too. Congrats!

Digi.k

some not so expensive games came in the post today.  Arrived pretty quick from japan.

/pc%20engine%20screenshots/P1020804.jpg

esteban

Quote from: Digi.k on 05/20/2015, 11:22 AMsome not so expensive games came in the post today.  Arrived pretty quick from japan.

/P1020804.jpg
Throw the wrestling game booklet in a frame and hang it up on the wall. :)

Digi.k

Quote from: esteban on 05/20/2015, 04:02 PMThrow the wrestling game booklet in a frame and hang it up on the wall. :)
it's fantastic, I love it

tknjin

I just got my pc engine duo r back, and I forgot to play both the gotz and hellfire, but I did play shockman 3 and ninja spirit D:

my duo even got a make over and looks whiter than ever before :)  Definitely worth the wait, and literally played them both til I beat them

Digi.k

eeeps just did my first ever bid on yahoo.jp auctions through buyee.  Will post pics in a few weeks to show what I got..  Hopefully it will arrive!

in the meantime got some sports stuff

/9d182a5a-03b9-4009-a717-900ef868a1d7.jpg

Digi.k

forgot to add Daichi Kun crisis a while ago but just got NHK Taiga Drama Taiheiki.  Pretty good strategy turn based war game set in feudal Japan.  I might try and do a guide for this as I really do like the graphics.  It's mostly in Kanji.  Both are very good strategy games in their own right.

IMG

The game is divided in two segments and you will eventually guide 14 warlords who each have a part in  ruling parts of Japan.  But you start at Chihaya fortress and controling Kusunoki Masashige from the time period 1294 1336. Its battles and strategy from the get go in Hex style!  Both games do require back up ram as there is much progress to be made in these games.

IMG

Digi.k

Just got this in the post today. Still sealed and only cost a few bucks.  Ah well time to open it up and have a quick play through before work..

/6f3860f2-f9d2-49c3-a004-1fd558a6d658.jpg

NecroPhile

Quote from: Digi.k on 06/12/2015, 07:50 AMAh well time to open it up and have a quick play through before work..
Ha!

Bardoly

Quote from: Digi.k on 06/10/2015, 09:57 PMforgot to add Daichi Kun crisis a while ago but just got NHK Taiga Drama Taiheiki.  Pretty good strategy turn based war game set in feudal Japan.  I might try and do a guide for this as I really do like the graphics.  It's mostly in Kanji.  Both are very good strategy games in their own right.

IMG

The game is divided in two segments and you will eventually guide 14 warlords who each have a part in  ruling parts of Japan.  But you start at Chihaya fortress and controling Kusunoki Masashige from the time period 1294 1336. Its battles and strategy from the get go in Hex style!  Both games do require back up ram as there is much progress to be made in these games.

IMG
Please do create a guide for this!  It looks fun!

Bardoly

Thanks to randomc, these came in yesterday!

IMG
Out Live and Panic Bomber

IMG
Super CD-ROM 2

EvilEvoIX

IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

Digi.k

Quote from: Bardoly on 06/13/2015, 12:09 PMPlease do create a guide for this!  It looks fun!
Did a rough drought but still need to decode that menu system for you guys.  But might be till around end of july before I get back onto this...

IMG

Digi.k

got my wireless tap and controller today.

IMG

NecroPhile

Quote from: Digi.k on 06/22/2015, 04:43 PMgot my wireless tap and controller today.
Now you need four more controllers.  :mrgreen:

Grandiloquence

Finally got my System Card 3.0. Amazingly came from Spain without a single stamp or mark on the envelope!

wilykat

My white Duo-R finally came today after taking a while to swim across Pacifc ocean.  It arrived fine and looks very good, like it hasn't been used much. I do need to check for minor video problem, the seller reported infrequent video glitches, which suggest probably bad solder joint on AV connector, one of the component or on HuC6260 chip.  I did a quick check, there is no sign of cap issue so it should be OK for now.

Still waiting for that AV cable. I swear USPS is getting slower every day!

dangdang

Came home from work to a mailbox full of stuff yesterday!

IMG

Digi.k

got these today although ... technically the one on the left isn't pc engine but the music of early Ys, Dragon Slayer and Brandish might be pc e related?

608df246-da76-471d-aafd-9400333380c4.jpg

Bardoly

Quote from: dangdang on 06/23/2015, 02:45 PMCame home from work to a mailbox full of stuff yesterday!
Some nice pickups there.

Mercutio

Quote from: Digi.k on 06/24/2015, 03:51 AMgot these today although ... technically the one on the left isn't pc engine but the music of early Ys, Dragon Slayer and Brandish might be pc e related?

608df246-da76-471d-aafd-9400333380c4.jpg
Just saw these over on GAF, too! I'm super curious about that music CD.

I just got my Keith Courage'd up Turbo Express back today!

IMG

The screen is such a massive improvement. I'm so glad to have this thing back; I'm in the middle of a very big city-to-city move and I won't have access to my Duo R or TurboGrafx16 for a few weeks.

dangdang

Mercutio

wilykat

Just got back from a long 100+ miles drive to trade stuff.  It was cheaper to drive than to pack and ship a big Commodore 128D (some mod and JiffyDOS) and an RGB monitor.

What I got back from the trade was CIB TurboExpress, CIB AC adapter, and CIB car adapter. Those boxes are very nice shape, almost like it was just made this year and not 20 years ago.   :mrgreen: TE does have sound issue and will need recapping for sure.

I'd post picture but 4 hours driving home while dealing with rush hour traffic that moved at snail pace (why its called rush when it's slow is beyond me) and I am tired.    :-&

update: picture links
https://i.imgur.com/895TWkU.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/7NQ9Ihv.jpg

IMG IMG

Mercutio

Quote from: wilykat on 06/24/2015, 08:33 PMJust got back from a long 100+ miles drive to trade stuff.  It was cheaper to drive than to pack and ship a big Commodore 128D (some mod and JiffyDOS) and an RGB monitor.

What I got back from the trade was CIB TurboExpress, CIB AC adapter, and CIB car adapter. Those boxes are very nice shape, almost like it was just made this year and not 20 years ago.   :mrgreen: TE does have sound issue and will need recapping for sure.

I'd post picture but 4 hours driving home while dealing with rush hour traffic that moved at snail pace (why its called rush when it's slow is beyond me) and I am tired.    :-&

update: picture links
https://i.imgur.com/895TWkU.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/7NQ9Ihv.jpg
Man, that box nostalgias me so hard. I spent every waking moment of my childhood and teenage years wanting that thing. Now I have one, but no box... and probably never will have a box for it.

VenomMacbeth

I ordered Gate of Thunder and Shubibinman 3 with my ebay coupon.  I probably payed too much for gate & I wanted to get more games, but I chose quality over quantity.
Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

Grandiloquence

:arrow:
Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 06/25/2015, 12:15 PMI ordered Gate of Thunder and Shubibinman 3 with my ebay coupon.  I probably payed too much for gate & I wanted to get more games, but I chose quality over quantity.
I got Gate of Thunder today too! Can't wait to play it.

Groover

Mercutio

That Express is really sweet. besides the screen what other mods are done? Is there a better rechargeable batter mod out there? I remember playing my friends all the time. I'm really considering getting one and I'm thinking mode the shit out of it to take full advantage because I will play it.
IMG

xcrement5x

Quote from: Digi.k on 06/24/2015, 03:51 AMgot these today although ... technically the one on the left isn't pc engine but the music of early Ys, Dragon Slayer and Brandish might be pc e related?

/608df246-da76-471d-aafd-9400333380c4.jpg
If you ever rip that I would love to hear.  I think there are also Popful Mail tracks on that one.
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

MotherGunner

Quote from: guest on 06/30/2015, 04:06 PM
Quote from: Digi.k on 06/24/2015, 03:51 AMgot these today although ... technically the one on the left isn't pc engine but the music of early Ys, Dragon Slayer and Brandish might be PCE related?

/608df246-da76-471d-aafd-9400333380c4.jpg
If you ever rip that I would love to hear.  I think there are also Popful Mail tracks on that one.
Track list here:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Falcom-Classic-Studios-London-City/dp/B00XPI5FRW
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

turbokon

My latest haul

/fe774190139f185a21f68c361aa44e5a.jpg
Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com

esteban

wilykat

schweaty

Big Ol' RPG haul today.  Luckily everything was complete.

imgur.com/kQOmEFr.jpg

SuperGrafx

Got myself another controller, finally.

NecroPhile

Quote from: schweaty on 07/11/2015, 08:59 AMBig Ol' RPG haul today.  Luckily everything was complete.
Nice haul, particularly the Cosmic Fantasies and Beyond Shadowgate.  And the Magicoal too, I guess; I've bought many but have yet to play through it.  :oops:

Ergot_Cholera

I got a Shuttle Backup Unit (yesterday!), I haven't tested it but I opened it to have a look inside. The battery is a NiCd rechargable, is it likely to still work or will it be dead by now? The legs going to the battery look to have slight corrosion, should I remove it before it starts to leak electrolyte? Is there a good easy to find replacement/alternative?
Thanks chums.

Valkyrie

MyTurboDuo.jpg

Finally got me a Turbo Duo!
Snagged it at the Video Game Summit today.  They said it was dead, but I got them down to a good price and took a gamble on it.  Turned out it just had a bad video connector on the A/V cable!
It's in great condition, and as far as I can tell, it's working 100%.  The sound still works fine, but I'll still re-cap it sometime soon.