What PC-Engine Stuff did you get today?

Started by Shadow, 04/03/2013, 09:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

schweaty

Quote from: guest on 07/11/2015, 06:04 PM
Quote from: schweaty on 07/11/2015, 08:59 AMBig Ol' RPG haul today.  Luckily everything was complete.
Nice haul, particularly the Cosmic Fantasies and Beyond Shadowgate.  And the Magicoal too, I guess; I've bought many but have yet to play through it.  :oops:
After Beyond Shadowgate, Magicoal was the game I am most excited to play from this lot.

Grandiloquence

Got Faussete Amour yesterday. Will play later on this evening!

schweaty

Quote from: Valkyrie on 07/12/2015, 01:11 AMFinally got me a Turbo Duo!
Snagged it at the Video Game Summit today.  They said it was dead, but I got them down to a good price and took a gamble on it.  Turned out it just had a bad video connector on the A/V cable!
It's in great condition, and as far as I can tell, it's working 100%.  The sound still works fine, but I'll still re-cap it sometime soon.
great score!  get that thing recap'd ASAP.

o.pwuaioc

Quote from: schweaty on 07/12/2015, 02:28 PM
Snagged it at the Video Game Summit today.  They said it was dead, but I got them down to a good price and took a gamble on it.  Turned out it just had a bad video connector on the A/V cable!
It's in great condition, and as far as I can tell, it's working 100%.  The sound still works fine, but I'll still re-cap it sometime soon.
Agreed, and region-modded while you're at it!

mypcengine

Got the turbo stick and final blaster yesterday.

Valkyrie

Quote from: guest on 07/12/2015, 02:40 PM
Quote from: schweaty on 07/12/2015, 02:28 PM
Agreed, and region-modded while you're at it!
Nah, I'll be leaving it stock.  I've got a Duo R for all my JP HuCard needs.
But it turned out I was wrong.  After playing it for a bit, I started having some serious sound issues.  No big surprise.  Caps are getting ordered tomorrow!

dangdang

Is it talk like a pirate day yet?

/2lc4c29.jpg

schweaty

Quote from: dangdang on 07/14/2015, 08:41 PMIs it talk like a pirate day yet?
Hey professa, what's another word for pirate treasure?  Why, I believe its booty... booty... booty

wilykat

Quote from: schweaty on 07/15/2015, 05:17 PM
Hey professa, what's another word for pirate treasure?  Why, I believe its booty... booty... booty
I thought that was booby, booby, and booby?

( . )( . )

gbapalyer

Quote from: schweaty on 07/11/2015, 08:59 AMBig Ol' RPG haul today.  Luckily everything was complete.

/kQOmEFr.jpg
whats the title of the cover with the grim reaper?
Currently playing:   (Started  . Feb. 2013)

schweaty

Quote from: gbapalyer on 07/16/2015, 08:35 AM
whats the title of the cover with the grim reaper?
Crest of Wolf also known as Riot Zone in the US.  Not an RPG, but a decent beatem'up

xcrement5x

Quote from: schweaty on 07/15/2015, 05:17 PM
=D> =D> =D>
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

Digi.k

Just recently acquired these 4 games.  Not getting much time lately, time to spend playing on them or writing up stuff ..

d7537a03-9e63-4e09-8ea5-4496cabf3135.jpg

turboswimbz

Quote from: Digi.k on 07/17/2015, 05:18 PMJust recently acquired these 4 games.  Not getting much time lately, time to spend playing on them or
GOTZENDIENER!

I really enjoy the vibe of this game.

Princess kickass to the rescue.   8)
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

VenomMacbeth

42be13f1202e336e4e2de267fc1c81a9.jpg

Money's been tight, but I've somehow still managed to waste a little here lately.

Neutopia was kind of superfluous, as I can play it already on my ED, but it's one of the few US Turbo games I still wanted a physical copy of & I got what I believe to be an okay price for it, given how expensive it's been on the 'bay these days. 

Browning...well, I've been on a Telenet kick lately & it was dirt cheap.  It's not as bad as people make it out to be, but it is short & the controls leave a bit to be desired.  I am a sucker for them graphics, though...

Also, anyone notice the name of the player character in this game is similar to the one in Fiend Hunter (Breed Schuyler -> Feed Sluster) even though he refers to himself as "Arnold" at one point in the game...
Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

GreatBlue Swirlof99

I picked up a CoreGrafx II with one controller, 4 games: adventure island, motor runner , be ball and I forgot, AV cables(better than RF) with free shipping for 120$! That's why I joined here cuz on other forums people never heard of coregrafx, epic engine! But I want to know wha games are a must buy?
And any RPGs that have an English option(can't read Japanese only dead for some reason) ?
The Dreamcast is still alive, so go play it before it kills your family!

wilykat

Not in  my hand yet but I just ordered new fuse for my Turboexpress. I missed something and blew the fuse when I tested the LCD mod.

xcrement5x

Gratuitous repost from teh haul thread :P

The slowboat of stuff I bought back in May FINALLY came in so it was fun to dig through it all.  I got three PCE lots out of Japan with some solid titles in them.

IMG
PC Engine Slowboat Lot - Part 1 by xcrement5x, on Flickr

Lots of games! 

Standouts here are:
Wataru (Keith Courage in the US)
PC Genjin
Hany
Street Fighter II
Space Harrier
R-Type
Dungeon Explorer
The KUNG-FU

IMG
PC Engine Slowboat Lot - Part 2 by xcrement5x, on Flickr

Even more games!

Standouts to me are:
Ys 1-2, 3, 4
Cobra 1 & 2 (dat azzzz)
Puyo Puyo CD
Future Boy Conan
Macross Eternal Love Song
Macross 2036

IMG
PC Engine Slowboat Lot - Part 3 by xcrement5x, on Flickr

Boxed PC Original PC Engine (no Turbos on the controller).  This was actually kind of a bonus, I had no clue that the included PCE was boxed when I bought the lot. 

Standouts:
Splatterhouse
Dragon Spirit
Genji Tsushin Agedama
Super Star Solider
Final Soldier
Bomberman 94
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

esadajr

Quote from: guest on 07/22/2015, 12:54 PM... Bomberman 94
Possibly the best Bomberman ever (well maybe after Saturn Bomberman)
Gaming since 1985

vmorr

Bought a PC Engine suitcase today

/33xdjcg.jpg

Nice and yellow! The Core Grafx has a region switch mod which is useful. Wasn't a deal or anything but it was local. Also picked up a few games with it:

/fvvl2g.jpg

The Ys is for Turbo, game and (I think) the map are legit but the manual and case backing are repro. Figured I needed at least one CD game that I could understand.

rcantor77

Today I received some nice 3D glasses that I have been on the hunt to add to the collection for many years...

IMG
PC-Engine.co.uk - definitive hardware listing for all PC Engine and Turbo Grafx systems.

o.pwuaioc

removed

esteban

Quote from: guest on 08/17/2015, 12:43 PMFinally nabbed this one. I went too long without it. Unfortunately, I probably shouldn't spend any more on games for the next few months...

lost image
You are teasing us.

The broken link. My lazy non-attempt at copy-n-paste
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

o.pwuaioc

removed

vmorr

Quote from: guest on 08/17/2015, 01:09 PM
Quote from: esteban on 08/17/2015, 01:04 PM
Quote from: guest on 08/17/2015, 12:43 PMFinally nabbed this one. I went too long without it. Unfortunately, I probably shouldn't spend any more on games for the next few months...

lost image
You are teasing us.

The broken link. My lazy non-attempt at copy-n-paste
Fixed. Don't know why it wasn't able to be seen. It was through Google Photos, so I don't know why it wasn't loading at first. Switched to a different image upload site.
I've been trying to grab a copy of this as well... Missed one on ebay recently. A guy somewhat local to me told me he has two copies so I said figure out what you'd like for one (trade or cash) and I'll try to make it happen, but he's hesitant to give one up because of its "rarity". Smh.

Would it be worthwhile to post a wanted ad here?

gheebee

Got a replacement power adapter for my Core Grafx yesterday and can finally use it! Now to try and get some more PCE games on the cheap... :]

imparanoic

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Used-Video-Game-Yamatoku-Classic/Parts-/_i.html?rt=nc&_fsub=3435714015&_sc=1&_sid=32806015&_sop=1&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14.l1513&_pgn=10

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Used-Video-Game-Yamatoku-Classic/Parts-/_i.html?rt=nc&_fsub=3435714015&_sc=1&_sid=32806015&_sop=1&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14.l1513&_pgn=12

my fave online ebay video game store has a lot of pc engine accessories ( not often have so many at once), US$1 bid start ( no afflation, but I do buy a lot of things there) , including, 2 x avenue 6 box, koei memory, arcade card pro, 5 tennokoe cards

even quite a few pc engine games on sale ( over 300)

Dracula

IMG

My entire PC Engine collection, all of which arrived this past week. So impressive! ;)

It'll be even better when I actually have a PCE to play them...

(I have one coming in the mail. And Dracula X has been my gaming holy grail for probably 15 years, so this is a very happy time for me!)
Attack Alpha Target

bawitback

Fray In Magical Adventure / Fray CD ~Xak外伝~
IMG
|| Use your Special Attack ||

dave_van_damn

gheebee

Youkai Douchuuki
Bikkuriman World
Marchen Maze
Valkyrie no Densetsu

They're all pretty good but so far my favorite is Valkyrie no Densetsu.

NightWolve

I was looking for this thread earlier, since this disc/magazine was not purchased.

So my homie David Shadoff was kind enough to donate (in the name of CD science!) an extra copy of a magazine, the "Super PC Engine Fan Deluxe - Vol.1." Photos below. :)

Inside, there is a pack-in PC-FX CD on a cardboard page of what I wanted, and on the back side, there's another CD, the "Develo Magazine Vol. 1" that contains demos for Popful Mail, Fray CD Xak Gaiden and Assembly/Basic-developed games, along with development tools, etc.

I just wanted the Special PC-FX CD bonus because its CD structure is unique in that it uses 5 or so indexes on data track #5 and I want to study/work with it to implement/perfect TurboRip's lacking track analysis phase, but he decided to throw in the whole magazine which, hey, is a cool PCE time warp to boot!

Before this, I asked SamIAm to see if he could find the CD in Japan which was silly to do first because David had originally discovered the uniqueness of this CD's indexing and gave me a CloneCD image long time ago, plus sometimes he winds up with duplicates, so I asked him next and turned out he did indeed have an extra he was willing to part with, so that's how I wound up with it!!!

IMG

This is the magazine's "Witch on a broom" cover page:

IMG

wildfruit

Quote from: NightWolve on 08/27/2015, 06:22 PMThis is the magazine's "Witch on a broom" cover page:

IMG
damn that is one fine witch.

NightWolve

tknjin

Quote from: NightWolve on 08/27/2015, 10:23 PMI noticed. ;)
I almost picked up that magazine a few months back, but Dingsbum told me that there wasn't a game in it unlike this one which has Motteke Tamago :)

Super PC Engine Fan Deluxe - Volume 2_0000.webp

esteban

Quote from: tknjin on 08/28/2015, 08:12 AM
I almost picked up that magazine a few months back, but Dingsbum told me that there wasn't a game in it unlike this one which has motteke tamago :)
Everyone with Motteke Tamago has reported disc rot.

Send the disc to me and I will remove the disc rot (I live near a swamp, so I simply take some leeches, attach them to disc, and after a few hours the disc rot is gone).

I will only charge $10 +'shipping for Rot Removal.

PM me.

SamIAm

Disclaimer: The following post is basically a shameless gloat on my part. I'm sorry.

-----------

So I roll into my regular game shop here in Fukuoka, Japan, and I see a Super CD Rom/Core Grafx II combo sans boxes on sale for a low price...low because the Super CD Rom is broken. The price is 8,000 yen, and the note on the SCD says that it won't spin up any discs. I've actually been eying this thing for a couple of weeks wondering if I should buy it and try to repair it myself. Well, tonight, after an exceptionally hard few days at work, I decided to treat myself and go for it.

I asked the fellow at the counter to take it out of the display case and show it to me a little more first. He agreed. Bear in mind, this is also the same guy who tested it and determined it wouldn't spin up any discs in the first place. However, when he tried to open the disc drive lid, he was surprised to find that it wouldn't budge. He poked and prodded, and it didn't move a bit. At last, with a sigh, he said that at this point, he wasn't even sure they would be able to sell the system at all. I suggested I would buy it at a discounted price, and he offered it for 5,000 yen instead of 8,000.

I took the deal. Upon arriving home, I dusted off my trusty torx security driver and busted that SCD open. Sure enough, the switch that opens the lid was just worn down. A little plastic-safe grease on there and it was working again. So, how about the system itself?

Ahem...Ladies and gentlemen, there was nothing wrong with it. It spins CDs just fine. I don't know what this guy was doing that made him judge otherwise, but I just got a working Super CD Rom system for 5,000 yen with a free Core Grafx II (plus extra controller). Now look what I can do:

IMG

I'd like to apologize to my wife for embarrassing her when I danced around like a maniac upon discovering this.

schweaty

nice pick up.  those super cdrom2s are tanks.  i dont know why but they dont break beyond repair much (from what I have seen)

btw - that av/power cord situation looks like a scene out of raiders of the lost arc

elmer

Quote from: SamIAm on 08/28/2015, 09:57 AMIMG

I'd like to apologize to my wife for embarrassing her when I danced around like a maniac upon discovering this.
Great score!

And now you've got my favorite PCE system ... Super Grafx + SuperCDROM + Arcade Card.  :D

Playing Sapphire on that Frankenstein of a setup just makes it so much cooler.  :wink:

I'll have to try that grease on my SuperCDROMs ... they're both a real PITA to open. Thanks for the tip.

esteban

SamIAm

Quote from: elmer on 08/28/2015, 10:28 AMI'll have to try that grease on my SuperCDROMs ... they're both a real PITA to open. Thanks for the tip.
I use a boron-nitride compound from Tamiya. It's made to use on both plastic and metal gearing in remote control cars...so it's surely good enough for the moving parts in a game console like the SCD.

It also doesn't hurt to give the gears that move the laser a little bit of grease, as well as the rail that the laser slides on. I've done that with my Duos, and I'm going to do that tomorrow with this!

Opethian

IMG

xcrement5x

Quote from: NightWolve on 08/27/2015, 06:22 PMI was looking for this thread earlier, since this disc/magazine was not purchased.

So my homie David Shadoff was kind enough to donate (in the name of CD science!) an extra copy of a magazine, the "Super PC Engine Fan Deluxe - Vol.1." Photos below. :)

Inside, there is a pack-in PC-FX CD on a cardboard page of what I wanted, and on the back side, there's another CD, the "Develo Magazine Vol. 1" that contains demos for Popful Mail, Fray CD Xak Gaiden and Assembly/Basic-developed games, along with development tools, etc.

I just wanted the Special PC-FX CD bonus because its CD structure is unique in that it uses 5 or so indexes on data track #5 and I want to study/work with it to implement/perfect TurboRip's lacking track analysis phase, but he decided to throw in the whole magazine which, hey, is a cool PCE time warp to boot!

Before this, I asked SamIAm to see if he could find the CD in Japan which was silly to do first because David had originally discovered the uniqueness of this CD's indexing and gave me a CloneCD image long time ago, plus sometimes he winds up with duplicates, so I asked him next and turned out he did indeed have an extra he was willing to part with, so that's how I wound up with it!!!

IMG
Could you please elaborate a bit about the Popful Mail demo?  It's on a PC-FX cd?  I'm intrigued, but mainly only because Mail is involved (many know my weaknesses).

NightWolve

Quote from: tknjin on 08/28/2015, 08:12 AM
I almost picked up that magazine a few months back, but Dingsbum told me that there wasn't a game in it unlike this one which has Motteke Tamago :)
Super PC Engine Fan Deluxe - Volume 2_0000.webp
Ah, the same David fan translated that free game which was only released in that magazine.

I have all downloads for it here if you didn't know (since it was a freebie, there's no problem sharing all of it):

ysutopia.net/projects/mt

Translated scans are included that PCEFX Aaron helped with.

Quote from: guest on 08/28/2015, 11:28 AMCould you please elaborate a bit about the Popful Mail demo?  It's on a PC-FX cd?  I'm intrigued, but mainly only because Mail is involved (many know my weaknesses).
Funny enough, in an older edit, I specified it's a Super PC Engine CDROM^2, but I tried to trim my content later and space it out better. :) Evidently it was meant for continued tinkering/development, late as it was released at the end of the PC Engine's lifespan, but yeah, it's a PCECD.

https://catalog.pcengine-fx.com/#cd0780
IMG

xcrement5x

Quote from: NightWolve on 08/28/2015, 01:06 PM
Quote from: guest on 08/28/2015, 11:28 AMCould you please elaborate a bit about the Popful Mail demo?  It's on a PC-FX cd?  I'm intrigued, but mainly only because Mail is involved (many know my weaknesses).
Funny enough, in an older edit, I specified it's a Super PC Engine CDROM^2, but I tried to trim my content later and space it out better. :) Evidently it was meant for continued tinkering/development, late as it was released at the end of the PC Engine's lifespan, but yeah, it's a PCECD.
https://catalog.pcengine-fx.com/#cd0780
IMG
Ahh okay, I see now.  It was an included demo on the Develo Disc, that came with the Super PC-Engine Fan Deluxe Vol. 1 magazine.  Looks like there was a matching sleeve.  I've got the sample Popful Mail PCE from kisaku but I'm guessing the demo is different, hmmm.

Now I need to start priming up my searches again for something new that's Popful Mail related.  ;)

Duo_R

I guess I scored got a SFC Hori Commander for $26 shipped. Not too shabby. I built an adapter that will let me use it on PC Engine so I can finally compare this to an Ave 6.

Quote from: Mercutio on 04/20/2015, 05:04 PM
Quote from: cr8zykuban0 on 04/20/2015, 03:22 PM
Quote from: Mercutio on 04/20/2015, 11:11 AMI got a New In Box Fighting Commander PC today!
very nice! im sure people who aren't familiar with pc engine will mistake it for a snes controller
Crazy thing is, a used SFC version goes for more than a new in box PCE version!
Add my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/sOg93QUtlg0
For sale trade list: https://tinyurl.com/2csm7kq

Bardoly

A couple things came in today!

IMG
Gokuraku Chuka Taisen
I've been wanting this one for quite a while.  Hopefully the gameplay is as good as reviews have indicated.

IMG
Valis Visual Collection

IMG
Valis Visual Collection - 'manual' folds out into a poster - poster front

IMG
Valis Visual Collection - 'manual' folds out into a poster - poster back

These bring my Obey library up to 660/884.  Although, I do realize that PCE Daisakusen! has not been updated with the recent indie releases yet.  :(

EmperorIng

Kind of an odd choice of a backdrop (Valis II of all things?), but it looks nice.

Today I became a member of the "owns Cotton PCE" club.

o.pwuaioc

Quote from: EmperorIng on 08/31/2015, 06:22 PMToday I became a member of the "owns Cotton PCE" club.
Is that a thing? Have prices gone up or something lately?