OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

Wow, you can't make this stuff up!

Started by MotherGunner, 10/06/2016, 04:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MotherGunner

-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

munchiaz

yeah places are banning clown costumes for Halloween now. So people theorize this is all just a way to make ppl fear clowns again before the IT remake comes out

jperryss

A friend of my sister's is a professional clown (yes I know how ridiculous that sounds) and has actually gotten death threats over this whole thing.

What a wacky situation.

HailingTheThings

Quote from: munchiaz on 10/07/2016, 07:32 PMyeah places are banning clown costumes for Halloween now. So people theorize this is all just a way to make ppl fear clowns again before the IT remake comes out
Nailed it.
IMG

seieienbu

I don't get the whole clown thing.  It seems like a dumb internet hoax, except then this happened a few miles from where I live:

http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/collin-county/man-says-he-had-encounter-with-scary-clown-in-plano-last-week/328773377

I'm guessing it's viral marketing that has a few me-too idiots that decide to be "scary clowns"?
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

esteban

Quote from: seieienbu on 10/08/2016, 04:42 AMI don't get the whole clown thing.  It seems like a dumb internet hoax, except then this happened a few miles from where I live:

http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/collin-county/man-says-he-had-encounter-with-scary-clown-in-plano-last-week/328773377

I'm guessing it's viral marketing that has a few me-too idiots that decide to be "scary clowns"?
I think some of these sightings are just figments of fearful imaginations, most are pranks, with a sprinkling odd/imbalanced folks (not necessarily dangerous, though).

I don't want anyone to be terrorized, but at the same time, if you read the police reports, it becomes hilariously absurd.

Some phrases and/or details = unintentionally hilarious

"A car filled with clowns"
"Green and orange hair, with red nose"
"Last seen running into woods, holding 3-4 balloons"
"Shadow-boxing pantomime in street"
"Blue and white hair, with red nose"

Anyway, I hope this doesn't blow up into an even bigger moral panic, because the last thing the dying art of Le Clown needs is bad PR.

ALSO: Fellini's *I Clowns* is a movie I really love. Give it a try. Really. :)
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG