@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

Castlevania Dracula X: Rondo of Blood [PC Engine CD] Patch RELEASE!!!

Started by Burnt Lasagna, 11/09/2011, 06:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muyfa666

Burnt Lasagna: Was the last two snippets of audio (from page 26) ever inserted?

Burnt Lasagna

I haven't gotten to that yet. I've basically focused all my project interest on the Ys IV English dub project, so revisiting an old project just doesn't happen often.

Though I will try and look at this issue sometime down the road.
What Button Do You Press To Jump!?!

Burnt Lasagna

~very small update~

The patcher has been updated to fix some issues same users were having.
The main difference is that it now uses a small program NightWolve wrote to check the files sizes (used in the Ys IV Dub patcher), instead of having to rely on batch commands. I also removed the MD5 checker, because it ended up causing more trouble than it was worth.

Also, the Rebook audio was slightly tweaked to be more in sync (uses the same start point as the original PSP files).

(Sorry, haven't quite gotten around to fixing that issue with Death and Dracula #-o)

Keith Courage

I thought I'd post some info for people trying to burn this and thinking of using lightscribe in order to make a cool label. In my experience lightscribe discs are more difficult for pc engine based CD drives to read. I can get regular Sony CDRs to read on about 90% of all consoles I test. However, Lightscribe only works on about 50% of the systems I test and I have tested 3 different brands of lightscribe. So basically stay away from the lightscribe cause even if it works it may over work your CD lens.

I test all the systems I sell and repair this way. This is how I have been able to test so many DUOs and CD drives.

spenoza

This idea that your CD lens can get overworked is, as far as I can tell, bunk. The only thing that works "hard" in the PC Engine CD assembly are the motors that move the CD and move the lens. Those could get a little more wear and tear from constant speed adjustments and restarting, but the laser and lens don't get worn out. So yes, a poor CDR could put extra wear on your unit, but it would put wear on the motors and gears and moving parts, not on the electronics.

This post came off a little more grumpy than I intended. Sorry about the tone. I stand by the content, though.

Jammaniaclord

Wow, i thought this project was never going to finish, and had given up hope. I remember talking to Squaresoft74 when the PSP version came out, and asking him since the PSP version had english acting, and text, was it now possible to rip the tracks from the PSP, and font, etc., to translate the actual PCE SCD original disc. I don't remember the actual technical terminology he used to explain why it wasn't possible, but it in deed was the latter according to Square. Now look, a dedicated team from all various resources, and different parts of the world, have made it happen.

Thank you all SO very much for this awesome translation!!!! It is incredible!   = )
PC Cocoron Hunter

esteban

Quote from: Jammaniaclord on 01/05/2013, 11:01 PMWow, i thought this project was never going to finish, and had given up hope. I remember talking to Squaresoft74 when the PSP version came out, and asking him since the PSP version had english acting, and text, was it now possible to rip the tracks from the PSP, and font, etc., to translate the actual PCE SCD original disc. I don't remember the actual technical terminology he used to explain why it wasn't possible, but it in deed was the latter according to Square. Now look, a dedicated team from all various resources, and different parts of the world, have made it happen.

Thank you all SO very much for this awesome translation!!!! It is incredible!   = )
IT WAS AN XMAS MIRACLE :pcgs:
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

NuttyBunny

Well, I just registered to the forum just to say: THANK YOU!!!

Burnt Lasagna

Squaresoft74

Sorry for digging this topic up, but since i'm also myself back from the dead, i just wanted to say thanks and congratulation to everyone involved in this project ! :P
IMG

NightWolve

Hey, you're alive!!!!!!!!!!! What happened to ya man ?  You've been unreachable for ages. You should know we finished off Ys IV with dubbing as well, would wager you already found out, but FYI.

Squaresoft74

A bit of everything, lost of interest, real life with its good and bad things.
I recently saw about the YS IV project being completed, congratulation for this one too ! :)
IMG

Keranu

Holy shit, now that's a username I haven't seen since forever!
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

Jammaniaclord

PC Cocoron Hunter

NightWolve

You too, Jammanicalord! I don't remember ever seeing you here. I'd mainly see you active [randomly] at the MagicEngine forums (which isn't saying much considering how dead that forum is).

Keranu

Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

Squaresoft74

IMG

Bernie

NightWolve

Quote from: Keranu on 04/05/2014, 12:04 AMIt's a freaking RIGG-Necstasy reunion!
Heh, I guess so. ;) I should tell LoboDaMainMan to register here some time. But I suspect he's not much of a "hangout-at-a-forum" type of guy these days. Back then, he was just mainly in the chatroom.

You know, I tried to get GUTS (dunno how many remember him) to come back here and bury the hatchet with PCEFX, but he didn't go for it. Some arguments happened here and he left. I understand how/why it happens, I have my own forum boycotts too (forums by Seldane and NightCrawler), but it's a shame. My rule has been if an admin deletes a post or two of mine without warning or genuine just cause, I delete my account. Funny thing with a prick like Seldane was, when my criminal translator DeuceBag criticized him years ago in a final post, he deleted EVERY post he ever made there, completely wiped him out. Ah, the sting of the butt-hurt.

Anyway, not to go off too much on tangent, but I have yet to play through this English-patched Dracula X. I tried to, but I just wasn't in the mood having beaten this game so, so many times... I will one day though, promise.

Anybody who has beaten this with the patch, how did you like it ?

It's an interesting decision to have removed the bloody X animation as it's drawn in the opening sequence, to have gone by the Konami localization decision in naming. I didn't like that much, but I see the rationale. I wonder what I would've done. I know I made some dumb decisions for Ys IV when I used Falcom's "Romn" spelling versus "Romun" which is what Konami went with when it came to Ys VI, so I changed it back (you'll see that in any future patch).

esteban

Keranu
Jamman
Squaresoft74

All we need is Kaminari/Kaminaron to come back.

:pcgs:
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Squaresoft74

I gave this translation a go and it's really good  :P
Since it's based on the PSP audio/script i went a bit further and replaced the original audio tracks with rips i made from the PSP version.
I then patched the data track to reflect the new game's TOC and it's working nicely. :D
IMG

Muyfa666

Love this patch. Good work everyone! :-)

Burnt Lasagna: did you ever get around to fix the two audio clips from Death and Dracula?

Don't want to sound ungrateful, just wondering if it could be fixed?

On a side note, Akumajou Dracula X: Gekka no Yasoukyoku (translation v1.0 by Gemini, throughhim413) is a lovely way to go after completing this one. :-)

lastcallhall

Quote from: Muyfa666 on 04/23/2014, 10:22 AMBurnt Lasagna: did you ever get around to fix the two audio clips from Death and Dracula?

Don't want to sound ungrateful, just wondering if it could be fixed?
I was wondering this too. :)

EvilEvoIX

IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

TurboXray

Quote from: EvilEvoIX on 05/04/2014, 11:12 AMI have this and play it, it's great!
From all of us that worked on it; your welcome ;)

EvilEvoIX

Quote from: TurboXray on 05/04/2014, 02:13 PM
Quote from: EvilEvoIX on 05/04/2014, 11:12 AMI have this and play it, it's great!
From all of us that worked on it; your welcome ;)
Many thanks!  I'm 96% percent done.  I just need to get the bosses in then purchase tactics and I'm set.
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

TurboXray

Wasn't someone gonna do a press run for this, for the PCFX community only?

CrackTiger

Quote from: TurboXray on 05/05/2014, 01:08 PMWasn't someone gonna do a press run for this, for the PCFX community only?
Only if another English localization was done, since Burnt Lasagna doesn't want anything like this (hacking copyrighted software) he's involved with (including Ys IV) to be professionally published.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

TurboXray

Well, I retract my previous position. I don't care if my work is used for a closed community pressing, for PCFX members and such. I think I was overly worried for nothing. I just didn't want my name attached to something pirated (selling of), when I'm trying to get a career in CS/programming.

Of course, you still have other people's work in this project. Fragmare's title screen work, the translation text, ADPCM audio, etc. Though the text and audio can easily be redone, as a new project. But Fragmare's title screen is pretty awesome. Would be nice to keep that.

ParanoiaDragon

Woohoo!  Pressed Mega Man Turbo Edition, here we come!! Seriously though, that'd be sweet if that happened!
IMG

TurboXray

Quote from: ParanoiaDragon on 05/07/2014, 01:08 AMWoohoo!  Pressed Mega Man Turbo Edition, here we come!! Seriously though, that'd be sweet if that happened!
If people are down for that, then I don't see a problem with it. It would be a community thing only. No profit; just the cost split among the members who order a copy. I have no delusions that some wouldn't try to sell a few copies, that they receive here. But I'm not too worried about it. It's not like someone setting up shop and selling 'em. Actually, there's pretty much no way of stopping someone from doing that right now (taking any of these projects and making pressed items to sell themselves). If these were the SNES games, it would have already happened. Translations and hacks are being sold as repro's without the authors' permission.

HailingTheThings

Quote from: TurboXray on 05/07/2014, 01:40 AM
Quote from: ParanoiaDragon on 05/07/2014, 01:08 AMWoohoo!  Pressed Mega Man Turbo Edition, here we come!! Seriously though, that'd be sweet if that happened!
If people are down for that, then I don't see a problem with it. It would be a community thing only. No profit; just the cost split among the members who order a copy. I have no delusions that some wouldn't try to sell a few copies, that they receive here. But I'm not too worried about it. It's not like someone setting up shop and selling 'em. Actually, there's pretty much no way of stopping someone from doing that right now (taking any of these projects and making pressed items to sell themselves). If these were the SNES games, it would have already happened. Translations and hacks are being sold as repro's without the authors' permission.
That would be super dope if you pressed official Megaman Obey edition. I have the one that the German did, but other than the booklet and back cover, i was a little let down that it was a pressed cd-r....and that it was just Megaman, without any arranged music. I was under the impression that it was surely gonna be a thing, when in fact it was only kinda thingish. Oh well. Welcome to Weinerville, I'm you host, Marc Weiner.
IMG

ParanoiaDragon

Quote from: HailingTheThings on 05/07/2014, 02:18 AM
That would be super dope if you pressed official Megaman Obey edition. I have the one that the German did, but other than the booklet and back cover, i was a little let down that it was a pressed cd-r....and that it was just Megaman, without any arranged music. I was under the impression that it was surely gonna be a thing, when in fact it was only kinda thingish. Oh well. Welcome to Weinerville, I'm you host, Marc Weiner.
Well, I'm still working on my redbook version
Very cool, I'm still working on the soundtrack, with no hints of stopping, I mean, it's Mega Man after all!  As I've probably said before, I've always wanted an excuse to do my own version of the Mega Man soundtrack.
IMG

esadajr

Quote from: HailingTheThings on 05/07/2014, 02:18 AMThat would be super dope if you pressed official Megaman Obey edition. I have the one that the German did, but other than the booklet and back cover, i was a little let down that it was a pressed cd-r....
you got me curious, what is a "pressed CD-R"? I have a silver disc where you can kinda see where the data is written. archival cds perhaps? Are those any better than regular cdr's?
Gaming since 1985

NecroPhile

I think he meant a professionally produced CD-R (printed label on an otherwise regular CD-R).  It's probably a bit better quality than a run of the mill cheap CD-R bought at Walmart, but it's definitely not as good as a real pressed disc.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

HailingTheThings

Quote from: guest on 05/08/2014, 09:55 AMI think he meant a professionally produced CD-R (printed label on an otherwise regular CD-R).  It's probably a bit better quality than a run of the mill cheap CD-R bought at Walmart, but it's definitely not as good as a real pressed disc.
Yes. That's what I meant. Thank you.
IMG

malaxian

hello,

great project. would somebody be able to post version 0.95 patch love to try the older version which I have seen referenced several times before.

thanks in advance.

Nighttrate

Quote from: TurboXray on 05/05/2014, 02:29 PMWell, I retract my previous position. I don't care if my work is used for a closed community pressing, for PCFX members and such. I think I was overly worried for nothing. I just didn't want my name attached to something pirated (selling of), when I'm trying to get a career in CS/programming.

Of course, you still have other people's work in this project. Fragmare's title screen work, the translation text, ADPCM audio, etc. Though the text and audio can easily be redone, as a new project. But Fragmare's title screen is pretty awesome. Would be nice to keep that.
Now these are what my translated burnt CDs look like, I may take the time to swop the Dracula x logo for Castlevania as I hate plain CDs & have the resources note these are not ink jet printed cd & will last forever

IMG

NecroPhile

Those look nice.  Are they done on a thermal printer or.... ?

Nighttrate

Nighttrate

This is the one I made today with the Castlevania logo attached:

IMG

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: Nighttrate on 08/28/2014, 02:53 PMThis is the one I made today with the Castlevania logo attached
It definitely looks nice!
--DragonmasterDan

Sadler

That looks great. Are there any printers under a few hundred that can do that that you recommend?

Nighttrate

Quote from: Sadler on 08/28/2014, 03:20 PMThat looks great. Are there any printers under a few hundred that can do that that you recommend?
When you say printers do you mean Machines or people that will print them?

Sadler

I meant machines, but I'd be open to finding people who would do so. Kinkos is who I usually go to for handling printing jobs I can't do at home, but I'm not sure they can do thermal printing on CDs. I've never checked though, to be honest I didn't know that was a thing. Your prints look significantly better than the lightscribes I've done.

Nighttrate

Quote from: Sadler on 08/28/2014, 03:59 PMI meant machines, but I'd be open to finding people who would do so. Kinkos is who I usually go to for handling printing jobs I can't do at home, but I'm not sure they can do thermal printing on CDs. I've never checked though, to be honest I didn't know that was a thing. Your prints look significantly better than the lightscribes I've done.
I don't think there are any Themal printers @ that price but it kicks light scribes ass all day & gives the next best thing to a pressed CD

NightWolve

Interesting, haven't heard about thermal printers.

Nighttrate

Quote from: NightWolve on 08/29/2014, 02:00 AMInteresting, haven't heard about thermal printers.
They have been around for decades but the price has never really come down on them, I have a company that produce's CDs & DVDs for artist Dj's & record labels so have a few & used my grafix knowledge to scan / designs the above covers.

You got to admit they look good for a none glass mastered (pressed) Cd also the process would be a cheaper alternative for any home brewer looking to make a PCE / TG CD game.

NecroPhile

Based on googlerins fro comptints and not personal experience: there are cheaper printers, but they're still a few hundred dollars, the 'ink' ribbons are expensive, and they're not very good in terms of reliability or print quality.

Nighttrate

Quote from: guest on 08/29/2014, 10:09 AMBased on googlerins fro comptints and not personal experience: there are cheaper printers, but they're still a few hundred dollars, the 'ink' ribbons are expensive, and they're not very good in terms of reliability or print quality.
I've had experienced with both ink jet & thermal, the thermal is the best out of the all printers mine are factory standard & very expensive. Some printers say there thermal when they are in fact ink printers.

Also the thermal disks are some of the most reliable of all CD-R's my White PCE suitcase has no problems with playing them first time every time