10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

Looking for a U.S Sega Master System FOUND

Started by BigusSchmuck, 07/22/2013, 02:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigusSchmuck

Preferably with 2 controllers, the hookups etc and the FM mod. I'm not sure if these bad boys need their caps replaced or any other kind of maintenance but if its already refurbished the better. I'm up for trades too and I can list some of the things I have up for trade for anyone that is interested. Thanks!

turboswimbz

Did the Gamesack episode get to you?  :D  I can't help you out as I don't have a SMS. But this is always one of those systems I think one day I need to pick one of those up.
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

BigusSchmuck

Quote from: turboswimbz on 07/22/2013, 03:08 PMDid the Gamesack episode get to you?  :D  I can't help you out as I don't have a SMS. But this is always one of those systems I think one day I need to pick one of those up.
I have always wanted one, I should have bought that Master System back in the 90s when I saw it at a Salvation Army but I didn't think about it much back in those days...

esadajr

It's a fine system indeed. Glad I scored me one at a decent price. Good luck with your hunt.
Gaming since 1985

esteban

I luv SMS.

After watching GAmeSack, I realized I needed CLOUDMASTER.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

bob

BigusSchmuck

Quote from: galam on 07/22/2013, 05:31 PMModel 1 or Model 2?
Model 1 preferred. My wife wants to get Ghost House the card version. :)

bob

Yeah. I have both and prefer my 1.  But my 2 works better.  My 1 is a bit wonky.

wildfruit

go for it master system was quite popular in europe many cheap good games to be had

TheClash603

I picked up my Master System and 20 games on ebay for like $25 a few years ago.  Aren't they still really cheap?

BigusSchmuck

Quote from: TheClash603 on 07/22/2013, 09:29 PMI picked up my Master System and 20 games on ebay for like $25 a few years ago.  Aren't they still really cheap?
Didn't get that great of a deal but I snagged one for 40 dollars with 2 controllers, zapper, and 6 games two of which I wanted. I just hope it works good...

Tatsujin

Why US when you can have 100x kewler JPN SMS? :)
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

esadajr

Quote from: BigusSchmuck on 07/22/2013, 09:48 PM
Quote from: TheClash603 on 07/22/2013, 09:29 PMI picked up my Master System and 20 games on ebay for like $25 a few years ago.  Aren't they still really cheap?
Didn't get that great of a deal but I snagged one for 40 dollars with 2 controllers, zapper, and 6 games two of which I wanted. I just hope it works good...
I say that's a pretty good deal.
Gaming since 1985

esadajr

Quote from: wildfruit on 07/22/2013, 05:56 PMgo for it master system was quite popular in europe many cheap good games to be had
That's something I find quite interesting. A lot of times it's just cheaper to import games from UK.
Gaming since 1985

wildfruit

Quote from: esadajr on 07/23/2013, 10:29 PM
Quote from: wildfruit on 07/22/2013, 05:56 PMgo for it master system was quite popular in europe many cheap good games to be had
That's something I find quite interesting. A lot of times it's just cheaper to import games from UK.
i got y's for master system for about £2 10 years ago at a thrift type shop
ms bargains galore

BigusSchmuck

About the only thing I need to do is the FM mod. It looks pretty easy to do, but I'm almost tempted to have someone else do it for me as my fat fingers will probably damage the damn thing when its all said and done.

esteban

Quote from: wildfruit on 07/24/2013, 02:47 AM
Quote from: esadajr on 07/23/2013, 10:29 PM
i got Ys for master system for about £2 10 years ago at a thrift type shop
ms bargains galore
In 'merica, it was Y's for the SM'S.

Good times, good times.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

wildfruit

this thread has rekindled my interest. ive decided my first attempt at a mod will be to have rgb on my master system 2