RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

PC Engine-FX Picture Thread (Formerly "Mugs")

Started by Ninja Spirit, 09/02/2005, 07:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

esteban

Quote from: "Keranu"By the way, from the people I talk to, they wouldn't even consider what I have is a mustasche! So I'm truely impressed you guys consider it one when I still think of it has above average peach fuzz.
GUTS and I were being nice to you :).

But seriously, shaving sucks and is a horrible waste of time. I'd be much happier if I only had peach fuzz to contend with.

Shave off that fuzz, Keranu! Nair it off! Take some masking tape, apply it to your upper lip, and peel the fuzz off! You can do it :).
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

ParanoiaDragon

Personally, I've been thinking about getting lazer surgery to get rid of what I have on my face, that try's to call themselves a beard & mustache.  Shaving does suck, I hate having facial hair too, so I just feel like spending $100 on my face to get rid of it, just might be worth it.  Never have to shave again, & never have to feel those bulky random wiskers that I get, is win-win situation, part of your team(if anybody can figure out what movie I got those 2 lines from, you win a free brownie :D )
IMG

esteban

Quote from: "ParanoiaDragon"Personally, I've been thinking about getting lazer surgery to get rid of what I have on my face, that try's to call themselves a beard & mustache.  Shaving does suck, I hate having facial hair too, so I just feel like spending $100 on my face to get rid of it, just might be worth it.  Never have to shave again, & never have to feel those bulky random wiskers that I get, is win-win situation, part of your team(if anybody can figure out what movie I got those 2 lines from, you win a free brownie :D )
Damn, I don't know what movie that's from. Doesn't ring a bell :(.

ParanoiaDragon

I'll say one word Bruce & his last name is soup, that's all I'll say.
IMG

Keranu

Quote from: "Tron"Bah! I can't live without my mustache other wise i would look to young :P
I'm glad I'm not the only one here!  :D

Quote from: "Steve"Shave off that fuzz, Keranu! Nair it off! Take some masking tape, apply it to your upper lip, and peel the fuzz off! You can do it Smile.

HAHA, holy shit god no! That would hurt like hell! :LOL:

Quote from: "PD"I'm 29, & I can't even grow a full mustache or beard yet, not to mention my chest hair is taking forever to grow, but I don't mind that, I don't want to look like a damn dirty ape Laughing
Hehe, I've had quite a bit of chest hair for the past two years already and I love it :D . Chest hair is so awesome, I wish chicks would dig it more like in the 80's. Here's something awesome a good friend once told me about chest hair in the 80's: David Hasslehoth in Knight Rider purposely exposed his chest hair and look what happened, he got a new different broad in EVERY episode!
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

Keranu

By the way, I'm not getting the Bruce Campbell reference here, I can't remember that one...
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG

ParanoiaDragon

Man with the Screaming Brain, Ted Raimi try's to get Bruce to come to their place to check out their experiments on brain cell transfers, & those are 2 of the things he says, playing a Bulgarian speaking slightly broken english, "is win win situation" "part of our team".  I wasn't sure if anyone would figure that out, but, I thought I'd make it a quiz for people just incase.
IMG

Keranu

I was going to say Man with the Screaming Brain since that seemed like the most possible answer, but I don't recall that line!
IMG

esteban

Quote from: "ParanoiaDragon"Man with the Screaming Brain, Ted Raimi try's to get Bruce to come to their place to check out their experiments on brain cell transfers, & those are 2 of the things he says, playing a Bulgarian speaking slightly broken english, "is win win situation" "part of our team".  I wasn't sure if anyone would figure that out, but, I thought I'd make it a quiz for people just incase.
I have never seen the movie. Phew! I was worried that I was losing it :).

Keranu

It was made-for-TV and came on Sci-Fi channel for the first time last summer. I was looking very forward to it from the commercial, but it ended up being really boring to me. Definitely not one of Bruce's highlite roles if you ask me :( .
IMG

ParanoiaDragon

I personally love it, it's major cheese on purpose!  I got it on DVD, & I can say, for the first time, I actually enjoy watching all the extra content, where they talk about how the movie came together, etc.  On all other movies, I always find it boring when they talk about all that stuff.
IMG

Keranu

I bet watching the DVD extras would be great though, with Bruce and Ted Raimi commentary.
IMG

GUTS

Did you see Bubba Hotep Keranu?  Fuckin A that movie was awesome.

Keranu

Hell yeah I saw that! That movie rocked so hard! One of the best Campbell movies! Damn that film was hilarious too and Bruce played such a great Elvis. Gotta love the opening with him laying in bed talking about his pecker.
IMG

Ninja Spirit

C'MON AND SLAM!
AND WELCOME TO THE JAM!
OOOOOOOHHHH YYEEEAAAAHHH!!!!
IMG

Keranu

Man that's totally rad!
IMG

PCEngineHell

Quote from: "Ninja Spirit"C'MON AND SLAM!
AND WELCOME TO THE JAM!
OOOOOOOHHHH YYEEEAAAAHHH!!!!
IMG

What the fuck?

Ninja Spirit

IMG

Just took this earlier. Yeah I look rough, bored on a Sunday afternoon....

Keranu

I hear 'ya man, Sunday afternoons suck.
IMG

Ninja Spirit

Local UPN Triple Sunday Movie Feature is a plus though.

Keranu

Ooh, I should check that out. I don't watch TV nearly as much these days.
IMG

pixeljunkie

Quote from: TR0N on 11/15/2005, 05:15 AMSorry this is the only picture of me :wink:  :wink:
TronFlynn.webp
/TronFlynn.jpg

BECAUSE MAN! Hidden in one of these MEEEMMMORRIES IS the evidence!

why not...

IMG

GUTS

Holy shit, axe murderer!!

pixeljunkie

I just wanted to point out how awesome my black jesus picture is....that is all

esteban

Quote from: "pixeljunkie"I just wanted to point out how awesome my black jesus picture is....that is all
Yup :)

Keranu

That's a awesome beard, man. Wish I had one like that.
IMG

Ninja Spirit

myspace /499940093_l.jpg
New pic from a week or so back. Me and the other guys were chillin' out at Denny's.

myspace /499941077_l.jpg
Here they are. My circle of friends.

GUTS

Haha thats awesome theres one white guy in there.  I bet everybody thinks you guys are all thugs or some shit, but really you're sitting around talking about Street Fighter III matches you watched on the internet or something, haha.

Ninja Spirit

As a matter of fact yeah we were talking about Guilty Gear and then random stuff that happened in the last several weeks around the table. It was during a tournament in which we took a break from which led to these pics.

CrackTiger

Here's a recent photo of me kickin' it in my back yard:

IMG
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Ninja Spirit

CrackTiger's Everyday Life

by HUDOSON!

CrackTiger

Quote from: Ninja SpiritCrackTiger's Everyday Life

by HUDOSON!

You know, I catch myself shouting that like everytime I play a game and the Hudson logo comes up now.

Which reminds me of an interesting story...

The other day I was having fun dancing around.

IMG

And then I thought it'd be even more fun to climb up to the top of my roof.

IMG

But then I realized that nothing could top leaping off.

IMG

Unfortunately, it wasn't as much fun as I thought it would be.

IMG

But at least I can laugh about it now.

IMG
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Keranu

Hahaha, that's awesome.
IMG

esteban

Yeah, I loved the action shot (when you leap off)! You look like you are in pretty good shape, CrackTiger :)

Keranu

CrackTiger, you HAVE to tell me what kind of make up you use! I've totally been hitting myself trying to find the right exotic colored face make up to use!!!
IMG

soundwave

I guess seeing as I'm posting it's only fair you get to see me too so here you go...

IMG

Scary isn't it  ??

Neil

LeeT

My avatar is me.  It was drawn for when I reviewed a few C64 games for a supplement that was included in 'Retro Gamer' magazine (a UK publication).  My fifteen minutes of fame!  :)

esteban

Quote from: "LeeT"My avatar is me.  It was drawn for when I reviewed a few C64 games for a supplement that was included in 'Retro Gamer' magazine (a UK publication).  My fifteen minutes of fame!  :)
I had a subscription to that mag! The bastards that handle North American magazine subscriptions (a company based in Canada) actually sent me a copy of "Games Express" (or something like that) when RG was cancelled, hoping that I'd like it. Not worth it, IMO... but I can't remember if I was ever refunded the money they owe me. Bastards!

RG was worth the cost because I had fun reading about the UK (computer) scene. I didn't think all the articles were thoroughly researched... but it didn't matter (I was just glad something like RG existed). I also loved reading all the old Sinclair and Amstrad magazines (YS, ZZZZap) that are archived online (let's just say they were an inspiration) :).

LeeT

I'm not sure whether you are aware, but RG has returned from the grave - Imagine Publishing bought the title late last year and relaunched it - Its now up to Issue 23.  It looks a lot more professional and there is a better balance between 8-bit computers and consoles.  Its worth trying to track a copy down.

www.retrogamer.net

akamichi

OMG!  I love RetroGamer!  I didn't even know it existed until Issue 4 (which I bought in the US).  Then I didn't have any easy way of getting the next issues.  Ordering direct from the UK was too expensive for me at the time.  Then right when had enough money to get a subscription and some back issues, Live went under!  :(  

A few months later, I found a copy of issue 18 in Borders.  Hopefully I'll have better luck this time.  I'd still like to get the back issues I missed.  A lot are sold out now.

LeeT, thanks for posting that info!  After the old RG forums closed, I thought it was gone forever.

esteban

Quote from: "LeeT"I'm not sure whether you are aware, but RG has returned from the grave - Imagine Publishing bought the title late last year and relaunched it - Its now up to Issue 23.  It looks a lot more professional and there is a better balance between 8-bit computers and consoles.  Its worth trying to track a copy down.

www.retrogamer.net
no way! I had no idea. Last I heard the remnants of the last issue were being sold on a "homemade" CD-ROM by the folks who created the content (and were never paid).

LeeT

Quote from: "stevek666"
Quote from: "LeeT"I'm not sure whether you are aware, but RG has returned from the grave - Imagine Publishing bought the title late last year and relaunched it - Its now up to Issue 23.  It looks a lot more professional and there is a better balance between 8-bit computers and consoles.  Its worth trying to track a copy down.

www.retrogamer.net
no way! I had no idea. Last I heard the remnants of the last issue were being sold on a "homemade" CD-ROM by the folks who created the content (and were never paid).

You mean Retro Survival?  A few weeks after that was released, RG was relaunched.  A fair few of the old freelancers still write for RG.

Superfamifreak

Keranu

Haha, you do look a lot like Clark in that last image! Seriously, take a picture of yourself wearing a normal cap and some shades. :D
IMG

Ninja Spirit

Taken 3 minutes ago. My digital camera was the same camcorder used to make my PC Engine gameplay videos attached to a VCR to PC adapter with the Capture frame function on My DVD.

/682182323_l.jpg

Keranu

I actually laughed out loud when I saw that picture, the "YA RLY." face is tops :lol: . By the way, I also use a digital camera to record the two videos I made, though I don't use a VCR.
IMG

ParanoiaDragon

I love it!  Though, I didn't understand the O RLY? & YA RLY. stuff until a friend of mine, pointed out a pic on my computer I got of an owl saying O RLY? on the pic.  I thought it was just a funny pic, but now I know it's a WOW reference, somehow you can alter something that's being said to someone, I forget.  But it's even funnier now :D
IMG

Ninja Spirit

I thought it originated from the something awful forums.

Seldane

What does it mean? I really don't understand...

/image5pd.gif

:?
Quote from: Seldane on 04/21/2007, 07:28 PMDVDs are for suckers. Illegally pirated and stolen videos all the way. No menus. No "DO NOT PIRATE THIS!" screens. No fuss. Only perfection. I honestly only pirate movies because that "don't pirate this" screen annoys me. :wink:
IMG
Indeed, it's AV time. Check out: IMG! Sir, the door was open.

Ninja Spirit

I think the eyes on the owls' faces make the joke.