10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

PC Engine-FX Picture Thread (Formerly "Mugs")

Started by Ninja Spirit, 09/02/2005, 07:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ParanoiaDragon

Well, on this most recent trip up north, I actually had quite a few serious pics taken of me.  I don't have them yet, there on my brothers camera.
IMG

PCEngineHell

Keranu already knows what I look like. So you all can ask him.

esteban

Quote from: PCEngineHellKeranu already knows what I look like. So you all can ask him.
michael, stop teasing us! :) where's a pic?
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

esteban

Quote from: "ParanoiaDragon"Well, on this most recent trip up north, I actually had quite a few serious pics taken of me.  I don't have them yet, there on my brothers camera.
The fact that you're re-assuring us that some serious photos of you exist touches my heart :)

----------
also.... HEY KERANU -- where are the pics?  No, it's totally kool if you can't / don't want to :) Just curious.

I have already accepted the fact that we'll never see GUTS or EmeraldRocker pics, 'cuz they've avoided these threads in the past. I suspect that they do this to maintain their "mysterious" personas -- just kidding :)

GUTS

I had some pics up on my old site that I can't update anymore cause I havent paid the isp in like 2 years (but strangely the site is still up).  They're somewhere on www.viser.net/~sol, along with an awesome pic of BILLY (Mr RPG from Gamefaqs, a grade A nerd of the highest order) standing seductively beside a Neo Geo arcade machine.

Keranu

Quote from: "stevek666"also.... HEY KERANU -- where are the pics?  No, it's totally kool if you can't / don't want to :) Just curious.
I would post some if I had them. The thing is, my digital camera doesn't seem to work (something with the power supply I think, I'll have to mess with it again as I usually do once a year), my webcam is aged and has very bad picture, and I don't have any recent pictures of me that I can stand because I hide when people try to take pictures of me. If I can get my digital camera to work since it seems like it could easily, I'll be sure to take some :P .
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

PCEngineHell

MySpace .com/amakusa666

There in the pics area are the only 3 pics of me in existance on the net.
Look and enjoy.

esteban

oops!

esteban

Quote from: GUTSI had some pics up on my old site that I can't update anymore cause I havent paid the isp in like 2 years (but strangely the site is still up).  They're somewhere on www.viser.net/~sol, along with an awesome pic of BILLY (Mr RPG from Gamefaqs, a grade A nerd of the highest order) standing seductively beside a Neo Geo arcade machine.
ahhhh, so that's you... I had visited that page back in the gamefaq days!  :)   I mixed you up with "KingofCrusher" (or something like that)... unless, of course, you are one and the same person.  I don't think I've had the pleasure of conversing with MrRPG on gamefaqs, though... the name doesn't ring a bell.

Quote from: PCEngineHellMySpace .com/amakusa666

There in the pics area are the only 3 pics of me in existance on the net.
Look and enjoy.
I only saw one of them (since I'm not a member of that service, or whatever it is), but it was good to see you. Never would have guessed that was you :)

-----
Now, all I need is a nice picture of EmeraldRocker and life will be complete. He's the one that has always avoided threads like these on the various boards we've participated in!

PCEngineHell

Myspace is a crap service that serves asa  way to meet people,date or blog or whatever.I was coaxed by a skater girl that I knew into joining because she said its instant messenger was so wonderful....
Well it wasnt,it sucked,but I have found the site usefull for storing the 3 pics of me I hate so much. No one looks there,keep it secret,keep it safe is the way to go,so I figure hell why not use the suckiest site around to store my pics. It works.

GUTS

Yeah KingofCrusher and ArmamentArmedArm are my other aliases.  I got banned a couple times so I had to come up with new names.

And Zig has definitely always been elusive, him and Runin.  I picture Zig as a hugely buff redhead with a ponytail down to his ass, always wearing leather pants and half-shirts with his nipples fully erect at all times.  Maybe tight white pants with a gigantic and VERY suspicious bulge along with suspenders with no shirt under half-bomber jackets from time to time.  That's just my impression though.

Keranu

Yeah I picture Zig like that too.

I was going to use this universal AC adapter in my house to see if it works for my digital camera but I can't find the damn thing now, it's pissing me off! I have the other hook ups, but I just need that AC adapter to see if it works.
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG

ElSeven

I don't post here much, but I guess I'll get in on this.

This is me showing off a record I found that day:

IMG
ElSeven/closer.jpg

Anyone know the record I'm holding up ?
currently playing:
PCE - Raiden
SNES - Chrono Trigger
DC - Fast Striker

PCE LP

esteban

Quote from: "ElSeven"anyone know the record im holding up?
hmmm. New Order? Crass? I'm sure those are wrong, but it does look like it is something that was on the Factory label.

EDIT: Joy Divison, Closer. HAHAHAHHAHAHA. and I thought my brain wasn't working any more!

Excellent band, of course.

Keranu

So there's the pothead!
IMG

ElSeven

QuoteSo there's the pothead!

hater.
currently playing:
PCE - Raiden
SNES - Chrono Trigger
DC - Fast Striker

PCE LP

VestCunt

Quote from: "ElSeven"i dont post here much, but i guess ill get in on this.

this is me showing off a record i found that day
IMG

anyone know the record im holding up?

Joy Division - Closer

nice shirt too.

EDIT:  sorry Steve, i didn't see your edit
Topic Adjourned.

mamonohunter

Photo taken some weeks ago, cold autumn day, bored as hell with school :

/hejsvejs6zj.jpg

esteban

Quote from: mamonohunterPhoto taken some weeks ago, cold autumn day, bored as hell with school :
/hejsvejs6zj.jpg
You look half-bored, half-angry in that photo :) Just kidding.

mamonohunter

I use to be happy all the time  :) But that was just one of these bad days of mine and its unfourtainly the only photo I got on my computer right now. You can see I try as hard as I can to give a fake-smile ^^

Keranu

I could have never telled you were a PCE fan from that photo!
IMG

TR0N

Sorry this is the only picture of me :wink:  :wink:

/TronFlynn.jpg
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

PCEngineHell

Wrong character in the movie Tron. You're supposed to be the skinny dumass with the ugly chick.Not the ultra cool Bridge brother who designs games and owns a wonderful retro arcade type hangout where everyone gathers in like its cool to be there,like skating rinks or some shit..I think you have a glitch.

Keranu

Well I guess this is me then:

BigLebowski.jpg
IMG

ParanoiaDragon

Yeah, so, K, you're in your 50's?
IMG

TR0N

Quote from: PCEngineHellWrong character in the movie Tron.Your supposed to be the skinny dumass with the ugly chick.Not the ultra cool Bridge brother who designs games and owns a wonderful retro arcade type hangout where everyone gathers in like its cool to be there,like skating rinks or some shit..I think you have a glitch.
Indeed i got a glitch :oops: but my gut tells me i should be, Flynn he's such a rebel 8)
IMG

TR0N

Quote from: KeranuWell I guess this is me then:
BigLebowski.jpg
:lol:  :lol:
IMG

Keranu

Yep, just about in my 50's. I'm a laid back guy from the early 90's who happens to have the same last name as a rich old man and it's getting me into a lot of trouble!
IMG

Ninja Spirit

ChillinAtClub.jpg

Recent picture of myself chillin.....at the club.

No drinks, no cigs, just...being myself.

Keranu

Now you just have to make a video of you busting a move there ;) .
IMG

esteban

Quote from: "Keranu"Now you just have to make a video of you busting a move there ;) .
Hahaha. Seriously, though, you're looking good Ninja :)

Keranu

Okay my friends, I guess it's time to show myself. My dad got a digital camera last Christmas and I decided to take some pictures of myself just now, here we go.

Here's me being my sly bastard self:

photobucket.com/albums/c365/Keranu/keelan01.jpg

For the Turbo Ladies  8) :

photobucket.com/albums/c365/Keranu/keelan02.jpg

I'm a loser:

photobucket.com/albums/c365/Keranu/keelan03.jpg

Say shit about the PCE, WA-POW!:

IMG
Keranu/keelan04.jpg

Now you can all make fun of me :(.
IMG

ParanoiaDragon

Wow, you ARE a loser, I'm never speaking to you again! :lol:   J/K :roll:
IMG

Keranu

No, I am a real dork :P .
IMG

Ninja Spirit

Oh snap +1 for the Back to the Future shirt!

Keranu

My bro gave me that shirt last Christmas, I totally love it! I have seen that movie so many times and I still enjoy it each time.
IMG

esteban

Hahahaha! Keranu, get rid of that mustache! :)

Keranu

NEVER  :lol: ! It's a pathetic mustasch though, so I'll probably shave it some more to get it thicker. I just wish I had thicker beard hair, even though it's starting to get thick  :evil: . Beards and mustaches rule!
IMG

Ninja Spirit

Trying to go Medieval eh?

I knew a like that, long hair, beard, and looked like he came out of the Dark Ages. Shiet if there was a made-for-TV movie about the Knights of the Round Table, he'd definitely get a gig in it for King Arthur with no question.

Keranu

I used to have really long hair that was past my shoulders and I was hoping to get pics of me with it, but I job I got made me cut it... it was the saddest day of my life :( . Long hair and facial hair is just too rad...
IMG

GUTS

Dude that mustache needs to go, you look like a mexican.   The hair is tight though, minus the white trash mustache you'd be a badass.

TR0N

Here's a, picture of me there dorky enough for you all :oops:

IMG
IMG

esteban

oops!

esteban

Quote from: "GUTS"The hair is tight though, minus the white trash mustache you'd be a badass.
I was waiting for you to say this! Keranu is sporting the classic Trans-Am Trash-Stache :)

Sorry Keranu! If it makes you feel better, when I was growing up I wanted an IROC-Z / Trans Am / Firebird and thought that the mustache-de-trashe was kool as hell. At least I still love Iron Maiden and Queensryche. And I still wouldn't mind having a Firebird / Trans Am, cruisin' the streets, and blasting "Flight of Icarus" to the enjoyment of all ;).

Keranu

Haha, no way I'm going to keep a stasche for a long ass time. I can see how it looks "dirty Mexican" because everyone says that, but to me, that's a GOOD sign. I don't know shit about cars, so I couldn't quite keep up with what Steve was talking ab00t :lol: but mustasches will never go out of style in my books, along with hairy chests (what's wrong with women these days?), Long live the 80's!
IMG

GUTS

No seriously the mustache needs to go, it's going to be something you look back on years from now and go WTF WAS I THINKING??!!!  Girl's HATE mustaches also, unless you like dating the type that smokes crack out of a light bulb and has indian corn teeth.  At least wait until you can grow the full beard fool!  I dig the hair though, I wish I could get away with growing mine out like that but I look like a total queef when I do.

Keranu

A mustasche is something I want to look back on! There could quite easily be a time where I would have thought it was silly, but knowing myself, I'd get a huge laugh at it ;) . Luckily I don't go out on dates (not gay and nor do I not like women or anything, I just hate dating), so I can worry about the women thing later. By the way, from the people I talk to, they wouldn't even consider what I have is a mustasche! So I'm truely impressed you guys consider it one when I still think of it has above average peach fuzz. Speaking of hair, I wish I could grow a full afro (like my dad) but the best I can get is maybe half a fro, but that requires me just to push my hair up since my hair is super thick and curly, but I just can't get that white man fro my dad and his bro could back in the 70's. Damn a full beard and afro, that would rule.
IMG

TR0N

Quote from: GUTSNo seriously the mustache needs to go, it's going to be something you look back on years from now and go WTF WAS I THINKING??!!!  Girl's HATE mustaches also, unless you like dating the type that smokes crack out of a light bulb and has indian corn teeth.  At least wait until you can grow the full beard fool!  I dig the hair though, I wish I could get away with growing mine out like that but I look like a total queef when I do.
Bah! I can't live without my mustache other wise i would look too young :P
IMG

ParanoiaDragon

I'm 29, & I can't even grow a full mustache or beard yet, not to mention my chest hair is taking forever to grow, but I don't mind that, I don't want to look like a damn dirty ape :lol:
IMG

PCEngineHell

I guess I have all of you beat on the hair and beard thing then.