OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cr8zykuban0

Quote from: guest on 12/04/2015, 12:26 AMyakuza 1 & 2 hd
come on sega just release it to the us already pls
tell me about it! i've been playing em and they are pretty fun

TR0N

Quote from: guest on 12/04/2015, 12:26 AMyakuza 1 & 2 hd
come on sega just release it to the us already pls
It be some thing if they would.Though sega is remaking the first yakuza game for the PS4.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

xcrement5x

A little late but I recently got some goodies locally for like the first time in forever. 

IMG
Sol Divide, Ape Escape, and After Burner III by xcrement5x, on Flickr

Sol Divide and Ape Escape were titles I've wanted for a while but never found cheap.  Sol Divide is such a weird mishmash of a title I'd been wanting to try it for awhile and wasn't disappointed, it's certainly "unique" to say the least.  Ape Escape is the first entry to the series, I've played some of the later games and this was fun to mess around with.  I guess it's called "Saru Getchu" in Japan, better keep it away from Sarumaru.

Last up is After Burner III for the Mega-CD, the European/PAL release.  I really just grabbed this on a whim since I love the Sega/MegaCD and it was cheaaap from a US seller.  I actually noticed oddly that the game got different artwork and packaging for all three different regions!  The US had a cardboard box, JP had a regular jewel case with obi, and this EU version is in a double-cd case (like most EU releases) I'm assuming to fit the massive manual with instruction in like 5 different languages.  Personally I think I like the artwork on this one the best, it reminds me of like a Japanese arcade flyer.
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

Mathius

I tried so hard to like After Burner III when I was a kid. No luck.

HailingTheThings

Quote from: johnnykonami on 12/03/2015, 06:36 PM
Quote from: HailingTheThings on 12/03/2015, 06:04 PMIMG
I've been wanting to watch this again for a while, saw it on VHS some time back.  Any cool extras on the DVD?
The movie itself is worth buying in pretty HD, but here's this:

"Brand new 2015 HD master
audio commentary with director Greydon Clark
on camera interview with Greydon Clark
original Trailer
"
IMG

chany60126

I had some pretty good luck at an estate sale today. I picked up a boxed Turbografx for $20. It didn't come with a power cable, but that is okay.
IMG
I also got the turbo games for cheap at that same sale. I can use these for the orphan hueys I have. Last week I picked up the Final Fight CD game at a local shop.
IMG

roflmao

Quote from: chany60126 on 12/05/2015, 08:31 PMI had some pretty good luck at an estate sale today. I picked up a boxed Turbografx for $20. It didn't come with a power cable, but that is okay.
Wow, nice, Chany!

Mathius

Nice Chany! Glad it went to you.

xcrement5x

Nice finds chany!  Final Fight CD is one of the better titles on the Sega CD in my opinion, and I actually really like the music in it too.  I got some stuff (unexpectedly) this weekend too. 

IMG
Denver Visit Pickups! by xcrement5x, on Flickr

I met up with beemer for lunch on Saturday and paid him for some stuff I had picked up previously, just for him to surprise me with more goodies he was getting rid of!  Got my cardon with the Ys 1 & 2 and Neutopia boxes only, which look super duper nice and complete my copies. 

I also picked up Dragon Slayer for TG16 CD from him and the Gundam Side Story 0079 game for Dreamcast.  Woot!
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

VenomMacbeth

Quote from: guest on 12/07/2015, 12:29 PMNice finds chany!  Final Fight CD is one of the better titles on the Sega CD in my opinion, and I actually really like the music in it too.  I got some stuff (unexpectedly) this weekend too. 

IMG
Denver Visit Pickups! by xcrement5x, on Flickr

I met up with beemer for lunch on Saturday and paid him for some stuff I had picked up previously, just for him to surprise me with more goodies he was getting rid of!  Got my cardon with the Ys 1 & 2 and Neutopia boxes only, which look super duper nice and complete my copies. 

I also picked up Dragon Slayer for TG16 CD from him and the Gundam Side Story 0079 game for Dreamcast.  Woot!
Gundam on the Dreamcast is surprisingly fun.  A good mix of tactics/strategy and action, which is exactly what I'd want from a Gundam game.
Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

EvilEvoIX

Some common stuff I just picked up at a flea market outside of Atlantic City.  Always want a SNES Mini, I know it's inferior to the original units but why not it was super cheap and works fine.  FFIX is four discs so I'll take a while to get through that.

IMG
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

technozombie

Quote from: EvilEvoIX on 12/09/2015, 12:58 AMSome common stuff I just picked up at a flea market outside of Atlantic City.  Always want a SNES Mini, I know it's inferior to the original units but why not it was super cheap and works fine.  FFIX is four discs so I'll take a while to get through that.

IMG
Supposedly an RGB modded Mini is superior to the all but the 1-Chip version of the regular model.

Corredor X

Quote from: technozombie on 12/09/2015, 03:00 AM
Quote from: EvilEvoIX on 12/09/2015, 12:58 AMSome common stuff I just picked up at a flea market outside of Atlantic City.  Always want a SNES Mini, I know it's inferior to the original units but why not it was super cheap and works fine.  FFIX is four discs so I'll take a while to get through that.
Supposedly an RGB modded Mini is superior to the all but the 1-Chip version of the regular model.
Yeah, that's true. I've modded my Mini (it's very simple) and the image on RGB is a little better/brighter on it than any other first model SNES I have. In addition of getting rid of that weird vertical line that you can see on darker backgrounds on the original model, by the way.

xcrement5x

Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 12/07/2015, 02:30 PMGundam on the Dreamcast is surprisingly fun.  A good mix of tactics/strategy and action, which is exactly what I'd want from a Gundam game.
Yeah it seems pretty neat, doesn't hurt that my wife is a huge Gundam fan so maybe she will want to play it as well.  I had a disc only copy that was scratched to hell and back and still seemed work, so this one is a nice upgrade.

Quote from: Corredor X on 12/09/2015, 07:35 AM
Yeah, that's true. I've modded my Mini (it's very simple) and the image on RGB is a little better/brighter on it than any other first model SNES I have. In addition of getting rid of that weird vertical line that you can see on darker backgrounds on the original model, by the way.
I heard the same thing recently, I never knew that the SNES revisions improved over time, I figured the best ones had all the bells and whistles and they started cheapening out over time.  Genesis is like that, the early revisions are quite nice but the later ones they got cheap until the final 3/4 motherboard for the model 2. 

EvilEvoIX

Quote from: Corredor X on 12/09/2015, 07:35 AM
Who can do that for me?  And then I'd immagine it's a Scart LEad?
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

Corredor X

Quote from: EvilEvoIX on 12/09/2015, 11:47 AMWho can do that for me?  And then I'd immagine it's a Scart LEad?
Retrorgb sells and installs their own custom RGB amplifier:

http://retrorgb.com/snesminirgb.html

But you can always do the DIY method that they also linked in that article and which uses only three resistors, that's the one I've done. And yes, you can use any multi-av Nintendo SCART cable with it after any of that mods; by default the SNES Mini has no s-video or RGB, but the pins are still there on the connector.

Psycho Punch

This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

Psycho Punch

By the way, anyone remembers and has the link for the thread where people were discussing about hucards getting destroyed by plastic sleeves?

My copy of blazing lazers, which was supposed to be "new", had the sleeve all gooey with a heavy "chinese plastic" smell and while the hucard didn't suffer any obvious damage, if you look at it at an angle you can see some spots that have become dull. The sealed bravoman's sleeve was also a little bit off and had a scent, but just some cleaning did the job. The falcon one was just smelling faintly of plastic. Of course I'm not keeping any of those sleeves.

Are hucard sleeves getting bad and fucking up cards common? More reason to unseal games, judging by what it did to my blazing lazers and from the posts I remember from that thread, the sleeves are ticking time bombs! Of course magic VGA cases stop games from decaying and preserve them forever so it might not be a issue to a big tymer collectard. That's some nice "preservation" there. Real museum work.
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!

Sparky

look what the moose dropped :)
thanks Bernie, hugs!!!

IMG

Corredor X

Quote from: guest on 12/10/2015, 01:09 PMMy copy of blazing lazers, which was supposed to be "new", had the sleeve all gooey with a heavy "chinese plastic" smell and while the hucard didn't suffer any obvious damage, if you look at it at an angle you can see some spots that have become dull. The sealed bravoman's sleeve was also a little bit off and had a scent, but just some cleaning did the job. The falcon one was just smelling faintly of plastic. Of course I'm not keeping any of those sleeves.
The same thing happened to me some time ago, I found a spare loose copy of Space Harrier almost glued to its sleeve. The thing left behind a lot of goo in the hucard, it was hard to clean it. I thought at first that the culprit was the sleeve, since it was an old one. But looking through the other games, all in their cases and with those newly made sleeves, some were beginning to get notably sticky too. Almost sure it has to do with humidity and temperature around here, had a similar problem with Atari joysticks and PS2/3 analogs before. Decided not to take chances and changed all the sleeves for resealable  bags from the same plastic that comic book ones are made of, found some in the exact size of the hucards.

NightWolve

Had been looking into buying a big screen computer monitor for my PC and settled on this HDTV which can do 4K but at 30Hz. It has everything needed for running 1080p @ 60Hz nicely from a DVI situation adapted to HDMI but needing audio delivered by analog means, a feature that'll be more rare in the future, as well as providing a VGA input port (extremely rare now). I think I'm pretty happy with it and I can probably get it for $191 with open box markdown from the store if I return it and attempt to rebuy!

IMG

http://www.microcenter.com/product/451211/39_(Refurbished)_LED_4k_Ultra_HDTV

http://www.seiki.com/content/39-se39uy04-led-ultra-hdtv

EvilEvoIX

WHy only 30HZ?  what's the point?
IMGIMGIMG

Joe Redifer

The specs say 120Hz. I can't imagine any display running as slow as 30Hz. It'd be throwing away half the information.

sirhcman

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 12/12/2015, 03:46 PMThe specs say 120Hz. I can't imagine any display running as slow as 30Hz. It'd be throwing away half the information.
at the 4k res it runs at 30hz, I looked into these a year or so ago and decided to pass

NightWolve

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 12/12/2015, 03:46 PMThe specs say 120Hz. I can't imagine any display running as slow as 30Hz. It'd be throwing away half the information.
Yep, if I get a better video card or new PC, if it outputs 1080p @ 120Hz, this TV will support 120Hz then!! So that'll be nice.

Unfortunately, the 4K support, going that high in resolution (3840 x 2160) is only possible at 30Hz for this el cheapo model... That's tolerable for videos, but horrible to use as a computer monitor. I really DOUBT I would want that anyway, 1080p is great for my monitor mode needs on my work desk! I'm still tweaking it around, but so far so good. I think I will keep it, especially if I pull the return/open box rebuy so I'll get to keep it for only $191 + tax!

technozombie

Quote from: NightWolve on 12/12/2015, 09:48 PM
Yep, if I get a better video card or new PC, if it outputs 1080p @ 120Hz, this TV will support 120Hz then!! So that'll be nice.

Unfortunately, the 4K support, going that high in resolution (3840 x 2160) is only possible at 30Hz for this el cheapo model... That's tolerable for videos, but horrible to use as a computer monitor. I really DOUBT I would want that anyway, 1080p is great for my monitor mode needs on my work desk! I'm still tweaking it around, but so far so good. I think I will keep it, especially if I pull the return/open box rebuy so I'll get to keep it for only $191 + tax!
Generally speaking you want to run your monitor at its native resolution. If your PC is outputting 1080p then your monitor will have to convert that to match the 4k panel, introducing lag. A nice 1080p IPS panel with with crisp colors and contrast might be better.

Bernie

Been getting into Fami stuff lately.

IMG

Sent from my iPhone using your mama

VenomMacbeth

Quote from: Bernie on 12/13/2015, 06:39 PMBeen getting into Fami stuff lately.  IMG
The disk system is great!  If you already have LoZ and Metroid on NES, you should enjoy picking out the differences in the FDS versions.  Maybe it's just the collectard in me, but I love the mini floppies with their clear plastic cases.

I haven't gotten any FDS games in awhile,  mostly because there aren't many left that I want, but offhand I know I need Gyruss and whatever that game that was on AVGN that "SAYS FUCK!"  I think it was little more than a Combat clone, but swearing is always a welcome addition

PS - if the belt for you system ever messes up, I hear it can be repaired with a blow drier.
Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

EvilEvoIX

Got me an early Christmas Gift!  PS4.

IMG

Came with The Nathan Drake Collection and Disgaea 5: Alliance of Vengeance.
IMGIMGIMG

Sparky

I think people should post the prices they paid for there stuff. I bet some would post less :P

Medic_wheat

Quote from: guest on 12/13/2015, 09:26 PMI think people should post the prices they paid for there stuff. I bet some would post less :P
No people would post fantasy prices they wish they bought their games and such at instead as Godly deal finding collectors super stars.

I told you guys about to that's copy of Magcial Chase I got for $5 right?

jtucci31

Evo: You are definitely the first person I've seen to hook up a PS4 to a CRT TV

EvilEvoIX

Quote from: guest on 12/14/2015, 12:32 AMEvo: You are definitely the first person I've seen to hook up a PS4 to a CRT TV
That's how I roll.
IMGIMGIMG

NightWolve

Quote from: technozombie on 12/13/2015, 04:34 PM
Quote from: NightWolve on 12/12/2015, 09:48 PM

Generally speaking you want to run your monitor at its native resolution. If your PC is outputting 1080p then your monitor will have to convert that to match the 4k panel, introducing lag. A nice 1080p IPS panel with with crisp colors and contrast might be better.
Yeah, good point. You want it set to its native resolution in principle. Thing is, I really wanted a TV. Monitors after 27" start getting really expensive, don't have a remote, tuner or speakers as they're meant for an office and the 2 AOC 27" models I tried kinda sucked compared to the 720p TV I was using before, so that led me back to looking for a TV and finding this one.

Quote from: EvilEvoIX on 12/12/2015, 02:02 PMWHy only 30HZ?  what's the point?
To bring you some 4K support at a really affordable price from the get-go, although prices are dropping in general. It's like 720p HDTVs being able to play video at 1080i 30Hz. Not ideal as 1080p 60Hz, but it's tolerable.

NecroPhile

Quote from: guest on 12/13/2015, 09:26 PMI think people should post the prices they paid for there stuff. I bet some would post less :P
I wouldn't have a problem with that.  Shame?  What's dat?
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

munchiaz

Pick ups for the past Month.

IMG

IMG

(photobucket won't flip, don't feel like re taking picture)

IMG

sn0zc0r3

I assume that PGM2 was from the neo-geo group buy? I tossed and turned on jumping on to that for days. Shit looks real purdy.

A buddy of mine told me that apparently only 420 copies of Devil's Third was available at gamestops country-wide. Damn happy I was able to get a copy for myself as well.

Nice pickups!

NecroPhile

The mailman recently brought me new copies of Lego Lord of the Rings ($17 shipped) and Akiba's Trip ($20 shipped) for the Vita and a nice copy of Basted ($48 shipped) for OBEY.  The latter seemed like a fair price, working out to something like $3 per titteh.  :mrgreen:
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

xcrement5x

Quote from: sn0zc0r3 on 12/15/2015, 08:42 AMI assume that PGM2 was from the neo-geo group buy? I tossed and turned on jumping on to that for days. Shit looks real purdy.

A buddy of mine told me that apparently only 420 copies of Devil's Third was available at gamestops country-wide. Damn happy I was able to get a copy for myself as well.

Nice pickups!
I honestly cannot believe that a game would have that low of a print run and still be distributed nationally, it makes no fiscal sense at all.  People are just going insane on this thing, flipping it for crazy amounts of money based on a internet news article. 

Either way, I heard Amazon will have a restock before the end of the year so I'm hoping the scalpers get burned.  There is no reason a week old regular Wii U game should be over $100.

ToyMachine78

Quote from: guest on 12/15/2015, 10:46 AMThe mailman recently brought me new copies of Lego Lord of the Rings ($17 shipped) and Akiba's Trip ($20 shipped) for the Vita and a nice copy of Basted ($48 shipped) for OBEY.  The latter seemed like a fair price, working out to something like $3 per titteh.  :mrgreen:
Basted tittehs!? Sounds like a delicacy

munchiaz

Quote from: guest on 12/15/2015, 11:55 AM
Quote from: sn0zc0r3 on 12/15/2015, 08:42 AMI assume that PGM2 was from the neo-geo group buy? I tossed and turned on jumping on to that for days. Shit looks real purdy.

Nice pickups!
I honestly cannot believe that a game would have that low of a print run and still be distributed nationally, it makes no fiscal sense at all.  People are just going insane on this thing, flipping it for crazy amounts of money based on a internet news article. 

Either way, I heard Amazon will have a restock before the end of the year so I'm hoping the scalpers get burned.  There is no reason a week old regular Wii U game should be over $100.
Yes, the PGM2 was from the group buy. It plays great, glad i decided to get it, as I too was on the fence. It being holiday season and all.

I really hope the flippers get stuck with a $60 game they don't want. The single player is pretty mediocre so far, but the multiplayer is actually a lot of fun

Mathius

Quote from: guest on 12/15/2015, 10:46 AMThe mailman recently brought me new copies of Lego Lord of the Rings ($17 shipped) and Akiba's Trip ($20 shipped) for the Vita and a nice copy of Basted ($48 shipped) for OBEY.  The latter seemed like a fair price, working out to something like $3 per titteh.  :mrgreen:
I was after Basted forever. Never found a decent deal.

Psycho Punch

Quote from: EvilEvoIX on 12/14/2015, 01:42 AM
Quote from: guest on 12/14/2015, 12:32 AMEvo: You are definitely the first person I've seen to hook up a PS4 to a CRT TV
That's how I roll.
I thought they removed the AV/Component port? Wtf

EvilEvoIX

I jumped on the bandwagon.  Good game and I like having the physical copy.

IMG
IMGIMGIMG

Joe Redifer

He has an HDMI-to-RF converter.

EvilEvoIX

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 12/16/2015, 01:12 AMHe has an HDMI-to-RF converter.
No, my Wega has an hdmi input.  It also has component, s-video, composite, RF, and I've added a SCART/Japanese 21-pin/VGA Input as well.  I run my dreamcast through the VGA for a great pic, ps2 and XBOX Via component and get the enhanced picture as well.  It'll accept any signal from 240p to 1080P.  It can only display 1080i but it accepts the PS4's signal as 1080p and then downscales.  I have 2 of these tvs in fact.  A 4:3 and a 16:9 version.  It's the ultimate gaming tv and since broadcast tv I'd only 1080i looks beautiful with FIOS HD via HDMI.
IMGIMGIMG

TR0N

IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

xcrement5x

I finally got a chance to post pictures of this recent arrival from Japan! 

IMG
Sega Mega CD Model 1 and Mega Karaoke Unit by xcrement5x, on Flickr

I was extremely lucky on my bidding for a Mega Karaoke unit, probably one of the rarest 16-bit peripherals that Sega released for the Mega Drive and Mega CD in Japan.  I have been wanting one of these for a VERY long time and even in Japan they are normally pretty expensive, but I lucked out on an inconspicuous auction and won the karaoke unit (complete in box with paperwork) for 1000 yen.  That was about $8 USD at the time of purchase back in October.  Completely ecstatic I decided to finally grab a Model 1 Mega CD and Mega Drive (AV Intelligent Version) to complete the set and ship them all via slowboat.  They just arrived a couple weeks ago and I couldn't be happier with everything, going to spend most of the holidays messing around with them I think.

I did also get some games in the Mega-CD bundle, but nothing amazing worth posting a picture about.  Some Mega-CDs, Puyo Puyo MD, and some Japanese EA games. 

IMG
Sega Mega Karaoke Unit by xcrement5x, on Flickr

Up close shot of the Mega Karaoke Unit.  There are jacks in the back to accept audio in from the Mega CD, and then do audio out as well.  It actually is quite light and almost feels kind of cheaply made to be honest, but I am still happy to add more Mega-CD to my life.

VestCunt

Bought a few games this month.
I've been enjoying vintage arcade and computer ports lately.

With Arkista's Ring and Spiritual Warfare I now have every NES game that can be construed as an RPG, which has been a fun journey for the last twenty-five years (and yes, I've beaten Hydlide).

The loose carts on the right I found at a pawn shop in Berlin for about $25 total. I'd been looking for Sonic Spinball for years but hadn't been willing to pay the ebay rate.
IMG
Topic Adjourned.

Medic_wheat

IMG

Originally Devils Thrid wasn't on my radar. I saw a review and figured oh good another $12 game to pick up like the majority of my WiiU games.

But then I saw people posting on FB that it has a limited physical print and its quickly selling out.

So I picked up a copy. Long story short I traveled to Edinburg TX from San Antonio for a day and while traveling I checked the GameStop app to see if any where available. A few places had one but they where all on hold or being shipped out to another store.

I gave up once I got to my home town and checked for Pikmin 3. The store that had a copy I asked if they had Devils Third expecting a no.  But they said YES. But it was a pre order. I was surprised they held onto a pre order that long but the guy thought the game came out yesterday. I was all no it'd been it for a few day. He double checked and was all oh. Wow. I guess you can have it.

So I told him to hold both games sonincan pick it up the next day as it was almost 10PM and I wouldn't make it.

So yeah. Picked it up today. I don't expect much from the game honestly but that might actually increase my enjoyment.