OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

Game Sack

Started by Joe Redifer, 07/25/2011, 05:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

technozombie

So now that Joe and Dave have massage my loins and got me in the mood for some Neo-Geo this comes along.

https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=20233.0

NecroPhile

Quote from: EvilEvoIX on 12/08/2015, 07:11 PM
Quote from: NecroPhile on 12/08/2015, 01:44 PMYou obviously don't.  I just can't get off your dick for even a second and just need to argue with you.  You post left I have to argue right no matter the circumstances.
Yeah I get that, I mean that's your thing and please have at it I guess.   Just don't expect me or other posters to take you seriously.  I believe it's called being "contrarian" and many children do it get attention.   
Give up the persecution shtick.  A tangent about the awesomeness of neogeo games was a tangent no matter who posted it, and a giant annoying sig is a giant annoying sig regardless of who uses it.

I still don't get how it's a smart move to buy a converter for more monies than a CMVS, but whatever.  I guess it's good to have options.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

EvilEvoIX

Quote from: guest on 12/09/2015, 10:51 AMI guess it's good to have options.
Perfect post.  100% correct.  Thank you
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

Enternal

Loved the double sized Neo Geo vid.

I have a suggestion topic for the future.

Same Name, Better Game

Feature games where the ports are generally considered better than the original.

Medic_wheat

Quote from: EvilEvoIX on 12/09/2015, 11:41 AM
I'll just say this since in all honestly you where trying to be both informative and helpful providing an alternative solution to my AES   

Thanks you for the suggestions to use a multi cart and converter.

These are thing I was aware of previously and have been Tempted to get. A multi cart. But the converter. Gee the only benefit for me would be to use my memory card to save high scores and what not unless the unibios in my CMVS does that. (Honestly haven't used my CMVS since moving to my house as my game room is in disarray.

With that said thank you for being helpful and positive in your original post.

CrackTiger

Some MVS boards support memory cards.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

crazydean

Quote from: guest on 12/11/2015, 12:01 AMSome MVS boards support memory cards.
Just to be clear, do the memory cards save gameplay progress or are they simply hi-score keepers?

CGQuarterly

Quote from: crazydean on 12/11/2015, 01:38 AM
Quote from: guest on 12/11/2015, 12:01 AMSome MVS boards support memory cards.
Just to be clear, do the memory cards save gameplay progress or are they simply hi-score keepers?
They can save gameplay progress.  You can get a season going on Football Frenzy or 2020 Super Baseball, for example.

EvilEvoIX

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 12/10/2015, 09:38 AM
Quote from: EvilEvoIX on 12/09/2015, 11:41 AM
I'll just say this since in all honestly you where trying to be both informative and helpful providing an alternative solution to my AES   

Thanks you for the suggestions to use a multi cart and converter.

These are thing I was aware of previously and have been Tempted to get. A multi cart. But the converter. Gee the only benefit for me would be to use my memory card to save high scores and what not unless the unibios in my CMVS does that. (Honestly haven't used my CMVS since moving to my house as my game room is in disarray.

With that said thank you for being helpful and positive in your original post.
The new Converters have UNIBIOS already installed and Cheat devices as well.  So you would literally have every possible Neo Cart option available and portable and AES.
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

CrackTiger

Quote from: EvilEvoIX on 12/12/2015, 02:04 PMThe new Converters have UNIBIOS already installed and Cheat devices as well.  So you would literally have every possible Neo Cart option available and portable and AES.
The AES doesn't have any exclusives. You can buy a cmvs that is 1/3 the size and 1/3 the price and is much more portable and still play as many games.

If someone wants an AES to play AES games, they should. If price is of any concern and simply enjoying the games and having access to everything is what they really want, then they should either stick to a cmvs or buy a cmvs and a broken AES and stare at the AES while playing cmvs games to have the full AES experience for half the hardware price.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

TR0N

IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

NightWolve

Quote from: TR0N on 12/06/2015, 02:16 AMThe Future is Now SNK !
Quote from: guest on 12/06/2015, 01:05 PMThe most epic intro! Joe cracks me up. Im surprised the spoof at the end didn't include the neo geo X
HOLY MOLY, he used a variant of his Monster Truck announcer voice in that one!! Hahaha!! I thought that style was only reserved for the wacky Retropalooza promos.

EvilEvoIX

Quote from: guest on 12/12/2015, 04:12 PM
Quote from: EvilEvoIX on 12/12/2015, 02:04 PMThe new Converters have UNIBIOS already installed and Cheat devices as well.  So you would literally have every possible Neo Cart option available and portable and AES.
The AES doesn't have any exclusives. You can buy a cmvs that is 1/3 the size and 1/3 the price and is much more portable and still play as many games.

If someone wants an AES to play AES games, they should. If price is of any concern and simply enjoying the games and having access to everything is what they really want, then they should either stick to a cmvs or buy a cmvs and a broken AES and stare at the AES while playing cmvs games to have the full AES experience for half the hardware price.
He already has an AES, just pointing him in the right direction.
IMGIMGIMG

EvilEvoIX

Quote from: TR0N on 12/13/2015, 02:11 AM
Just watched.  Pretty sure that Shovel Knight doesn't exist on the XBOX ONE.
IMGIMGIMG

Joe Redifer

It was planned, but recently canceled. I guess MS are assholes or something, I'm not exactly sure what the deal was.

seieienbu

Quote from: EvilEvoIX on 12/13/2015, 12:22 PM
It does, both digital and disk release.  It's even got an exclusive Xbone section with the Battletoads.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

technozombie

Quote from: seieienbu on 12/13/2015, 02:13 PM
It does, both digital and disk release.  It's even got an exclusive Xbone section with the Battletoads.
Amazon has the Xbone version listed as unavailable. I do know that Microsoft has some weird policies for indie games and as a result more of them release on PS4. This may have something to do with it. I just purchased the game from GOG.com for PC on sale. It is really fun I see what all the fuss is about.

ClodBusted

Good episode! It's nice to see that at least some former download-only games eventually got a physical release. I will give a Brothers: A tale of two sons a try! The scene with the dead giants impressed me a lot.

When I bought my PS3, I got the Journey collection just for Flower initially, but now I'll try the main game Journey as well.

Too bad Shovel Knight was never released on the Xbox 360 in any format.

I agree with you about Duck Tales remastered's cutscenes. I wish there was a simple way to skip them or play the entire levels without them. No wonder I have a thing for the few modern games that do not need any introductions, tutorials, spoken or even written narration. Flower and Limbo are fine examples where the game lets the player figure out what to do. Even though they're somehow guiding the player at first, they do not do it blatantly.

sirhcman

If you can show me a retail copy of Shovel Knight's physical disc for Xbox One I will give you my entire game collection! It doesn't exist. :)

VenomMacbeth

I didn't expect to enjoy this episode as much as I did.  I agree with Joe; I'm peeved that "8-bit" is the only thing developers seem to consider "retro" nowadays.  I would love to see a game styled after 90s arcade games with FM music, lots of crunchy sound samples, and 16-bit (possibly even digitized/rotoscoped, like Donkey Kong Country or Sapphire) graphics.
Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

EvilEvoIX

Quote from: guest on 12/13/2015, 04:38 PM
If you can show me a retail copy of Shovel Knight's physical disc for Xbox One I will give you my entire game collection! It doesn't exist. :)
WOW!!!  I would love to see this.
IMGIMGIMG

sirhcman

Quote from: EvilEvoIX on 12/13/2015, 07:51 PMWOW!!!  I would love to see this. 
We will never see a physical copy unless MS changes their policy regarding minimum quantity of discs that must be produced for a given title.

I won't be giving up any collection because they have never produced a physical copy to date

seieienbu

Whaoh, looks like I'm a misinformation spreading liar!  When I read that it wasn't on Xbox 1 I recalled a friend showing me the Battletoads fight.  Then I looked at Amazon and saw the game but didn't notice its unavailability.  Google tells me that it got cancelled back in October.

My bad!

sirhcman

Quote from: seieienbu on 12/13/2015, 08:49 PMWhaoh, looks like I'm a misinformation spreading liar!  When I read that it wasn't on Xbox 1 I recalled a friend showing me the Battletoads fight.  Then I looked at Amazon and saw the game but didn't notice its unavailability.  Google tells me that it got cancelled back in October.

My bad!
Nothing to apologize about, we all make mistakes! :) I hope this does get released for Xbox One in physical form eventually, I was disappointed when I heard it was cancelled and I have no desire to own it as digital only

Joe Redifer

Quote from: guest on 12/13/2015, 07:56 PMWe will never see a physical copy unless MS changes their policy regarding minimum quantity of discs that must be produced for a given title.
Is that a real policy? Not only is that dumb, but there could be a super-easy way around it. Just fill it with easy-to-produce nonsense, like a video of some dude playing the game for two hours and not even getting past stage one. Or it's just a video of the dude and it never shows the game, you only hear it. Or just duplicate the game on the disc 300 times and only load one of them.

Medic_wheat

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 12/15/2015, 02:44 AM
Quote from: guest on 12/13/2015, 07:56 PMWe will never see a physical copy unless MS changes their policy regarding minimum quantity of discs that must be produced for a given title.
Is that a real policy? Not only is that dumb, but there could be a super-easy way around it. Just fill it with easy-to-produce nonsense, like a video of some dude playing the game for two hours and not even getting past stage one. Or it's just a video of the dude and it never shows the game, you only hear it. Or just duplicate the game on the disc 300 times and only load one of them.
No I think he meant number of physical copies to be made for sale. Not amount of content on the disk data wise.

At lest I think that's how you interpreted the policy MS has regarding physical release of games.

Unless I am wrong.

But that is impossible.

Or should I say. Inconceivable

sirhcman

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 12/15/2015, 08:33 AM
Quote from: Joe Redifer on 12/15/2015, 02:44 AM
No I think he meant number of physical copies to be made for sale. Not amount of content on the disk data wise.
Medic is right, I heard that Microsoft wanted a certain number of physical copies to be produced in order for  it to be manufactured. I could be wrong but I remember reading that somewhere after the cancellation news back in October

Joe Redifer

QuoteNo I think he meant number of physical copies to be made for sale. Not amount of content on the disk data wise.
Derp. I must have misread that. I wonder what their minimum quantity is. It's not like it's hard to go out and press a couple thousand Blu-rays. Sadly MS probably demands that THEY handle the pressing.

xcrement5x

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 12/15/2015, 06:07 PM
QuoteNo I think he meant number of physical copies to be made for sale. Not amount of content on the disk data wise.
Derp. I must have misread that. I wonder what their minimum quantity is. It's not like it's hard to go out and press a couple thousand Blu-rays. Sadly MS probably demands that THEY handle the pressing.
Yeah, the minimum pressing quantity from MS is basically the reason why the Far East of Eden game for the 360 was never finished/released.  Vic talks about it a bit on the Gaijinworks forum, I guess it was just horrible for smaller pubs.
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

CrackTiger

If that's true, why would a publisher bother releasing something like Raiden IV for 360?

sirhcman

Quote from: guest on 12/16/2015, 12:44 PMIf that's true, why would a publisher bother releasing something like Raiden IV for 360?
It must have had enough demand. Hell, Raiden V is getting a physical release on Xbox One

Its possible the minimum print runs that MS demands could only apply to ID@Xbox (indie) titles.

Joe Redifer

Fuck MicroSoft!

sirhcman

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 12/16/2015, 07:42 PMFuck MicroSoft!
Sorry Joe, I will abbreviate it to M in the future :P

seieienbu

For Xbox 360 there was a required minimum of 50k pressed copies.  I don't know what it is for Xbone but I wouldn't be surprised if it was the same.

Joe Redifer

Geez. Really it should be 5k. They are assholes. Aaron who runs this site works for them. Let's blame him!

sirhcman

I'm pretty sure I read for the Xbox One it was 10,000. That may or may not be true.

Joe Redifer

Hey Chris Covell. Dave's NES RGB has version 1.7 and that was the fix for the issue you described several pages back. Dunno what that issue could be.

esteban

Will some episodes of Game Sack be available on Blu-Ray and HD-DVD? I have a few last-minute gifts to get for New Year's Eve.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

NecroPhile

Estebanjo lives!  IMG
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Joe Redifer

Esteban, yes, but probably not in time for New Years.

ToyMachine78

Quote from: esteban on 12/18/2015, 05:06 PMWill some episodes of Game Sack be available on Blu-Ray and HD-DVD? I have a few last-minute gifts to get for New Year's Eve.
They are lining up their book and RV tour first.

ClodBusted

Do. Want.

Will the Blu-ray be available somewhere else than Amazon.com as well? E.g. regional divisions of Amazon like Amazon.de, or other stores. This would make ordering without credit cards (yes, most of us German cavemen don't own credit cards due to fees, but have EC debit cards) possible, or even via Paypal.

TR0N

IMG

esteban

Quote from: guest on 12/18/2015, 05:31 PMEstebanjo lives!  IMG
:)

Isn't it funny that a Game Sack thread was the first of 23,789 posts that I need to catch up on from the last three months!?

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 12/18/2015, 05:32 PMEsteban, yes, but probably not in time for New Years.
Call me a masochist, but I am curious about the commentary tracks.

I finally bought a Blu-Ray player (in the last year), but I've hardly used it. At least Game Sack will justify its purchase :)

Plus, I have to catch up on the last year's worth of Game Sack episodes.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

TR0N

IMG

ClodBusted

Great episode as always. It's interesting to see I'm not the only one who finds SFIV's graphical style slightly awkward. I got the Ranma fighting game around one year ago for my girlfriend. She knows the anime and manga and says the characters are presented pretty faithful to the original series. It's a good thing that the controls are inspired by street fighter, which makes it very accessible.

TurboXray

Funny thing about the MC game for PCE, is that it sports some high color counts.. breaks the 100 color count mark.

seieienbu

Woo, fighting games!  My favorite genre! 

There was a guy who worked for Capcom of America named Seth Killian a few years ago.  At the time, Capcom of Japan considered Street Fighter entirely dead.  Capcom Fighting Evolution had sold abysmally and Capcom figured that people just weren't interested in fighting games anymore.  Seth convinced Capcom that, if an Xbox Live Arcade version of SF2 Hyperfighting sold well, to consider making a new Street Fighter.  Well, Capcom released it back in 06 and it became the #1 selling XBLA title that far. 

Anyway, Capcom named the final boss character in SF4 after Seth Killian for his work in convincing everyone that people were still interested in fighting games.  Supposedly, Seth Killian was surprised and upset that they named a character after him without bothering to ask. Cest la vie.

HailingTheThings

So... I got my copy of Game Sack Volume One today... Even though its Sunday. lol

Look forward to watching these episodes again, also all of dat bonus content.

Thanks guys and by that I mean Joe, for doing the majority of the work, yay!

*excitement*
IMG

Gentlegamer

These fighting game episodes make perfect opportunities for Joe v Dave action, but it never happens.
IMG
Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 10/25/2015, 02:35 PMGentle with games, rough with collectards.  Riders gon riiiiide.