The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HailingTheThings

Quote from: galam on 03/02/2014, 09:00 PM
Quote from: HailingTheThings on 03/02/2014, 08:55 PMEffed around online, got a random phone call from an old friend who needed a ride to work. lol
A stripper?
That would've been more interesting, but no, no, bartender, mister man. lol
IMG

Nando

GOT ONE!

Go it this weekend, from Rob Ivy.

IMG

liquitek

Finally escaped the house for a few hours this past weekend - working OT and sick (cold/flu) for last 2 months has limited my ability to acquire new fun stuffs.  It was a small haul of RE Umbrella Chronicles for Wii, Iggy's Wrecking Balls & tremor pack for N64 and a Y's III for SNES.  Should keep me busy-ish.  Oh and a White IPA with lemongrass from Howe Sound brewing.  That was very tasty.

Mathius

Quote from: Nando on 03/03/2014, 11:57 AMGOT ONE!

Go it this weekend, from Rob Ivy.

IMG
What a pretty little thing! I love the look of the Super Fami. Mine has slightly started to yellow on the bottom half of the shell. I may pick up another in better condition at some point.

xcrement5x

I just got some awesome Working Designs related goodies!

First, several posters I picked up:
Note: The pictures are shamelessly stolen from the seller since I didn't want to re-photograph :P

IMG
2014-03-03 Posters 2 by xcrement5x, on Flickr

IMG
2014-03-03 Posters 1 by xcrement5x, on Flickr

Then some other promo goodies!

IMG
2014-03-03 Pickups by xcrement5x, on Flickr

Growlanser Promo Standee
Dragon Force Hat!
Albert Odyssey Pin

IMG
2014-03-03 Pickups 2 by xcrement5x, on Flickr

A Growlanser Promo Flyer signed by Kelly Knight
Lunar: The Silver Star Vidpro card (think of those preview sheets at Toy's R Us)

The vidpro card I had won off ebay separate from the rest of this stuff :)

HailingTheThings

Quote from: guest on 03/03/2014, 03:53 PMI just got some awesome Working Designs related goodies!

First, several posters I picked up:
Note: The pictures are shamelessly stolen from the seller since I didn't want to re-photograph :P

Then some other promo goodies!

IMG
2014-03-03 Pickups by xcrement5x, on Flickr

Growlanser Promo Standee
Dragon Force Hat!
Albert Odyssey Pin

IMG
2014-03-03 Pickups 2 by xcrement5x, on Flickr

A Growlanser Promo Flyer signed by Kelly Knight
Lunar: The Silver Star Vidpro card (think of those preview sheets at Toy's R Us)

The vidpro card I had won off ebay separate from the rest of this stuff :)
That Dragon Force hat is awesome.
IMG

Nando

I just saw that, I want a hat like that!

Mathius

Wait wait wait wait wait......WAIT!

PC Cocoron? That better be a flash cart LOL

BlueBMW

Love the Phoenix Wright games on DS... such good stuff!
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

NecroPhile

Quote from: Mathius on 03/03/2014, 10:42 PMPC Cocoron? That better be a flash cart LOL
How would that make it better?
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Opethian

null has had pc cocoron on that setup for year its probably burned into that screen by now
IMG

Mathius

Quote from: guest on 03/04/2014, 10:38 AM
Quote from: Mathius on 03/03/2014, 10:42 PMPC Cocoron? That better be a flash cart LOL
How would that make it better?
Isn't that the uber-rare unreleased PC Engine version of Cocoron? I was just trying to be silly. :)

Quote from: Opethian on 03/04/2014, 11:16 AMnull has had pc cocoron on that setup for year its probably burned into that screen by now
So that's a real copy?

SuperDeadite

Nul has the Adobe Special Version.
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

NecroPhile

If he had either a protohuey or a rom dump of it and wasn't sharing, I'd choke the fucker with corn husks.  :mrgreen:

Sparky

Obey day for me... And all stuff I do not have <<tear>>

IMG

wavering

Today I discovered that they made Puzzle Bobble for the N-Gage.  So I had to add it to my Puzzle Bobble collection.  Maybe one day I'll find an N-Gage to play it on.

Mathius

Quote from: guest on 03/06/2014, 10:08 PMObey day for me... And all stuff I do not have <<tear>>

IMG
Are you seriously just now getting Drac X, Sparky? I kinda assume that all the old timers around here come with Rondo as standard issue. :P

HailingTheThings

Quote from: guest on 03/06/2014, 10:08 PMObey day for me... And all stuff I do not have <<tear>>

IMG
I've thought about picking up those "secrets" books for a while, you think they're worth owning?
IMG

Sparky

Not these ones.. They smell like a pack of Craven A kings... Will take some airing out :P
But ya man, lots of good bits in there and to my surprise lots of Picts showing the details.

HailingTheThings

Quote from: guest on 03/06/2014, 11:11 PMNot these ones.. They smell like a pack of Craven A kings... Will take some airing out :P
But ya man, lots of good bits in there and to my surprise lots of Picts showing the details.
Eww ciggy smells, I myself used to smoke, they make me sick now, so yeah. I didn't know those books had pics, nice. I'll have to pick em up the next time I come across em for cheap. Thank you, sir.
IMG

Mathius

Quote from: HailingTheThings on 03/06/2014, 11:18 PM
Quote from: guest on 03/06/2014, 11:11 PMNot these ones.. They smell like a pack of Craven A kings... Will take some airing out :P
Eww ciggy smells, I myself used to smoke, they make me sick now, so yeah. I didn't know those books had pics, nice. I'll have to pick em up the next time I come across em for cheap. Thank you, sir.
The writers of these books are pretty well known throughout the Turbo community. They were editors of Video Games and Computer Entertainment named Lee Pappas and Andy Eddy, I believe. I'd still like to find some copies but haven't really looked too hard yet.

VestCunt

Yeah, those books are awesome. Almost as good as the internet.
Topic Adjourned.

PunkCryborg

Got this in a trade from Xelement
Thanks bud!!! I can't wait to play both of these. If anyone has the spine cards, hook a brother up!

IMG

Opethian

IMG

NecroPhile

I don't know how Sparky and Punky got along for so long without Dracula X and le Gotz (respectively).   :mrgreen:

Nando

Quote from: Mathius on 03/06/2014, 10:28 PMAre you seriously just now getting Drac X, Sparky? I kinda assume that all the old timers around here come with Rondo as standard issue. :P
lmao!

Sparky

Ha... I am a fucking fool, I have been looking for Drac x but the price tag was always to high... I got it local, saved on shippy.

hoobs88

1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase
Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0
League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

Mathius

Quote from: hoobs88 on 03/08/2014, 12:02 AMIMG

Game of Thrones season 3
I haven't gotten Season 3 yet. One of the best series I have ever watched.

Miracle_Warrior

Picked this up yesterday night; I'm really excited about it.
SegaSign2.jpg

Mathius

That monkey game in the center looks way too silly for general ownership. Please send it to me. It's the right thing.

SmaMan

A nice little grab bag of imports...
IMG
Onscreen is Daimakaimura for the Super Gr... I mean Sega Genesis. I also just got that Game Genie to use as a passthrough so I could play it on my US console.

Up against the screen we have Wrecking Crew for the Famicom and Winter Heat for the Sega Saturn.
Host of KACU FM's Eye on Entertainment! Proving that there IS something to do this weekend since 2009.
http://kacu.org/programs/eye-entertainment

HailingTheThings

Quote from: PunkCryborg on 03/07/2014, 08:57 AMGot this in a trade from Xelement
Thanks bud!!! I can't wait to play both of these. If anyone has the spine cards, hook a brother up!

IMG
Ooh, Popful Mail.
IMG

roflmao

Nice score on those books, Sparky!  I have the first volume, that I picked up new bitd and it's awesome!  I'd love to add vol 2 to my library someday.

Today I purchased a loosie of Dragon Saber for $10 shipped off teh bay.  Pretty decent price for a game I've been wanting for awhile (I love Dragon Spirit).

wildfruit

Found this at a boot sale today, hopefully it works
WP_20140309_001.jpg

munchiaz

Me and my g/f got some bikes today. Gonna start riding in our local park. Also picked up a basket so our dog can ride along with us

IMG

Tatsujin

new "not for sale" bazzy goodies get :)
IMG
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Opethian

IMG

SmaMan

Bazzy? Some kind of Family Basic type thing for the PC Engine or something?
Host of KACU FM's Eye on Entertainment! Proving that there IS something to do this weekend since 2009.

NecroPhile

Bazzy swag!  Me so jelly!!!  :mrgreen:

http://jpn.nec.com/bazar/ has got to be the cutest website I've ever seen.

esadajr

I picked up my mail this weekend:

IMG

I already had a US Saturn with some US games. But I like that Japanese console look and feel (that, and it's also good to have spares). It will sit next to the all mighty Duo-R

The 97' calendar corresponds to the 2014 calendar :shock:
Gaming since 1985

Tatsujin

and lots of funny mini games on it :)
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Mathius

What's that Hudson Soft game in the top row second from right?

NecroPhile

Quote from: Mathius on 03/10/2014, 03:50 PMWhat's that Hudson Soft game in the top row second from right?
Between the two Bombermans?  That's Yuna 3.

Joe Redifer

Why does this forum have such a hard on for that yellow monkey thing and anything associated with it?

PunkCryborg

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 03/10/2014, 05:03 PMWhy do Tats and Necro have such hard ons for that yellow monkey thing and anything associated with it?
fixed

Mathius

Quote from: guest on 03/10/2014, 03:57 PM
Quote from: Mathius on 03/10/2014, 03:50 PMWhat's that Hudson Soft game in the top row second from right?
Between the two Bombermans?  That's Yuna 3.
Oh okay! I thought I recognized the font style. I wish that series would be fan translated into English. I have enjoyed what little I played of the 2nd one.

SmaMan

Guess who just got his first US TG-16! Now I can Obey across the globe!
IMG
Got a few games with it:
Cyber Core
Blazing Lazers (onscreen, obviously)
Double Dungeons (sold to me by forumite Majors... thanks dude!)
Takin' it to the Hoop

Console works great, but I think the controller's busted, at least, this isn't supposed to be the female end, right?
IMG
So, I guess I'm in the market for some TG16 controllers! Or at least an adaptor to use my PC Engine controllers on it.

Mathius

^^ check to see that it isn't stuck in your controller port. One of my controllers does that