The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EvilEvoIX

Quote from: guest on 04/02/2014, 01:00 PMIMG
2014-03-31 Thrift Finds
First a bunch of random stuff I found at the thrift shop this weekend.  Nothing too amazing.  DJ Hero seems pretty kludgy to me. 

DJ Hero 2 Turntable Bundle.  Complete with turntable, connection dongle, PS3 game, and quick start guide.
Nascar 99 [N64]
Tetris 2 [GB]
Wall-E [PS2]
Van Helsing [PS2]
Clear Blue PSOne SCPH-110 Controller

IMG
Arc the Lad Watch - Anrietta

I picked this up and it finally arrived last week. This is the last one of 14 Arc the Lad Collection Pre-Order Watches that I needed to have a full collection.

IMG
2014-04-02 Pickups

Chu Chu Rocket Manual [DC]
Wild Arm Original Soundtrack
Final Fantasy VIII Original Soundtrack
Final Fantasy IX Original Soundtrack

Misc stuff here.  The Chu Chu Rocket Manual is to complete my copy, but the soundtracks are for my wife as she's a big fan of the FF games and Wild ARMs.
I got DJ Hero 2 for $15 Band New Christmass 2012 and there it sits on my wall with the receipt still attached.
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

xcrement5x

Quote from: EvilEvoIX on 04/02/2014, 04:59 PMI got DJ Hero 2 for $15 Band New Christmass 2012 and there it sits on my wall with the receipt still attached.
Heh, this one was $6.  You're right about it being kind of big though, I'm not sure if I will keep it long term since I've already got enough weird rhythm game peripherals in my life.

bob

Quote from: guest on 04/02/2014, 05:20 PM
Quote from: EvilEvoIX on 04/02/2014, 04:59 PMI got DJ Hero 2 for $15 Band New Christmass 2012 and there it sits on my wall with the receipt still attached.
Heh, this one was $6.  You're right about it being kind of big though, I'm not sure if I will keep it long term since I've already got enough weird rhythm game peripherals in my life.
I got one for $5 at a local closeout store called tuesday morning. Also picked up guitar hero 3 for 5 as well.

munchiaz

Its crazy how some of these rhythm games just crashed so hard. flooded the damn market with them

ToyMachine78

Quote from: galam on 04/02/2014, 06:02 PM
I got one for $5 at a local closeout store called tuesday morning. Also picked up guitar hero 3 for 5 as well.
Holy crap! Tuesday Morning has game stuffs!? Those things are all over here, but I thought it was only home furnishings/ decor! I must investigate!

ToyMachine78

Quote from: munchiaz on 04/02/2014, 06:26 PMIts crazy how some of these rhythm games just crashed so hard. flooded the damn market with them
As a music and game lover, I think Guitar Hero is one of the best games evah conceived! Lol I still play the hell out of GH Metallica. I just wish GH KISS would have come to fruition. Genes greedy ass prob wanted too much for the license.

ToyMachine78

Quote from: dingsbums on 04/01/2014, 04:28 PMIMG
IMG
Is Snatcher for PCE actually playable for us Japanese impaired folks?

munchiaz

new obey came in today. Thanks to Nectaris

IMG

bob

Quote from: guest on 04/02/2014, 09:47 PM
Holy crap! Tuesday Morning has game stuffs!? Those things are all over here, but I thought it was only home furnishings/ decor! I must investigate!
Its a crap shoot. Every once in a while they do. Ours had a stack to the ceiling of xbox rock band, the whole set for $20 each.

Nando

Quote from: guest on 04/02/2014, 09:51 PMI still play the hell out of GH Metallica.
This!

I so want to play this, but I need to get the dual pedal setup for my drums. I busted the pedal I had :(

ToyMachine78

Quote from: galam on 04/03/2014, 08:17 AM
Quote from: guest on 04/02/2014, 09:47 PM
Its a crap shoot. Every once in a while they do. Ours had a stack to the ceiling of xbox rock band, the whole set for $20 each.
Maybe they carried Rock band because it practically is home furnishings once set up lol

xcrement5x

I will have to check then.  There is a Tuesday Morning right next to the thrift by my house which I hit regularly. 

dingsbums

Quote from: guest on 04/02/2014, 09:53 PMIs Snatcher for PCE actually playable for us Japanese impaired folks?
Not really  :? :cry:
But there is a complete playthrough on YT and several walkthroughs on the net:
Snatcher CD-ROMantic (PC Engine CD) Full Playthrough

jtucci31

Quote from: dingsbums on 04/03/2014, 02:11 PM
Quote from: guest on 04/02/2014, 09:53 PMIs Snatcher for PCE actually playable for us Japanese impaired folks?

Could you guys tell me how to play an English version? Is the Sega CD version the only one in English?

Mathius

Quote from: guest on 04/03/2014, 06:52 PM

Could you guys tell me how to play an English version? Is the Sega CD version the only one in English?
Officially yes. I know that SD Snatcher on MSX2 has been English translated. But that is a slightly different game.

jtucci31

Quote from: Mathius on 04/03/2014, 07:23 PM

Officially yes. I know that SD Snatcher on MSX2 has been English translated. But that is a slightly different game.
Bummer. I might have to......emulate..!

Ninja Spirit

There is supposed to be a Snatcher homebrew remake for Dreamcast. Wish it was modeled after the PSX and Saturn versions though
http://segabits.com/blog/2014/02/20/hideo-kojimas-snatcher-being-remade-on-dreamcast/

jeffhlewis

Quote from: guest on 04/03/2014, 07:25 PM

Once you play, it prepare yourself for 30 minutes of fast-paced mediocrity!

It's not a bad game but in no way does it live up to the insane hype it gets. It's basically a Blade Runner: Choose your Own Adventure book.

jtucci31

Quote from: jeffhlewis on 04/04/2014, 10:05 AM
Quote from: guest on 04/03/2014, 07:25 PM

Once you play, it prepare yourself for 30 minutes of fast-paced mediocrity!

It's not a bad game but in no way does it live up to the insane hype it gets. It's basically a Blade Runner: Choose your Own Adventure book.
30 minutes?! And that does appeal to me but I could see how it would be a letdown

xcrement5x

I'm pretty sure Snatcher is longer than 30 minutes, but I know you can beat it in a couple hours at least.  I've never beaten the game myself.  Mainly because I started played then stopped until I found a Justifier.  Then once I got a Justifier I never found the time to go back.  Space Adventure Cobra is supposed to be another game with a similar playtype (also on PCE and Sega CD) if you're into those games.  I highly recommend CDRs though.

bob

rise of the dragon is a good sega cd alternative too.  and its cheap

Ninja Spirit

Other Snatcher alternatives include Space Cobra Adventure also for Sega CD
PCE Nadia Secret of Blue Water
IMG

jtucci31

Quote from: guest on 04/04/2014, 11:06 AMI'm pretty sure Snatcher is longer than 30 minutes, but I know you can beat it in a couple hours at least.  I've never beaten the game myself.  Mainly because I started played then stopped until I found a Justifier.  Then once I got a Justifier I never found the time to go back.  Space Adventure Cobra is supposed to be another game with a similar playtype (also on PCE and Sega CD) if you're into those games.  I highly recommend CDRs though.
Is Space Adventure Cobra in English? And is it relatively cheap?

Psycho Punch

Snatcher I played it fully... on youtube.

I refuse to pay 999999 dollars on a digital comic.
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

TR0N

Quote from: guest on 04/05/2014, 01:27 PM
Quote from: guest on 04/04/2014, 11:06 AMI'm pretty sure Snatcher is longer than 30 minutes, but I know you can beat it in a couple hours at least.  I've never beaten the game myself.  Mainly because I started played then stopped until I found a Justifier.  Then once I got a Justifier I never found the time to go back.  Space Adventure Cobra is supposed to be another game with a similar playtype (also on PCE and Sega CD) if you're into those games.  I highly recommend CDRs though.
Is Space Adventure Cobra in English? And is it relatively cheap?
Space Cobra Adventure is very expensive for the sega-cd beside it's dub being a joke.Though,like with snatcher the sega-cd doesn't have copy protection you could all ways burn it.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

NightWolve

Quote from: Tatsujin on 03/25/2014, 02:16 AMRIDDICKULOUS!!
Har har, clever. ;)

Quote from: guest on 03/25/2014, 07:36 AMNightwolve, I am with ya man, the ridick movies have all been entertaining and I played throw the games a few years back and enjoyed them. And just like you never heard of the first release but was equally good to play and a cool bonus they added.

Worth playing man :)
Oh mine was for the ps3 and looked really good, so I can only assume the PC version will even be better
Ah, nice, oh hey, you'll be pleased to know, because of the decent success of the last movie, it's been official that Vin is up for another. Maybe he'll get a better budget this time, but yeah. He took a big risk to get this 3rd one made and it was lucky that it paid off (it is weak). Glad to know there are some meaningful fans of the series here. I've watched Pitch Black many times, it has pretty good replay value.

Quote from: PCEngineHell on 03/25/2014, 07:45 AMI beat Butcher Bay back when it was originally released. Still own it for PC too. I am pretty sure it was around the time I was running a Socket 754 Athlon 64 and a Geforce 6800 AGP unlocked via a bios flash. Those were some good times back then...
I have 2008 hardware with 32-bit Vista, so I should be alright for the first one which came out in 2004, dunno about Athena (2009), but I'll see, haven't installed it yet. Looked up my specs real quick:

AMD Phenom™ X3 8450 Triple-Core Processor (2.1 Ghz I think?)
ATI Radeon™ HD3450 Graphics Card, 256 MB and DirectX® 10 support
System Memory: 3072 MB DDR2 SDRAM

xcrement5x

I got my US Magical Chase the other day, woo!  Thanks again to chop :D

IMG
IMG

Also because I love this picture:
IMG

PukeSter

Secret of Mana. Finally my first SNES RPG. Haven't played much at all in the genre either.

To save money, I split the cost with my brother, so we can do the 2 player mode together.

wildfruit

Got a new psp for my birthday treat to replace my old one that wouldn't load umd and the battery wouldn't sit properly after i dropped it

EvilEvoIX

Quote from: guest on 04/06/2014, 06:21 PMI got my US Magical Chase the other day, woo!  Will post pics once I can get flickr sharing stuff again for me.
WOW MAJOR PURCHASE!!!
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

PCEngineHell

Quote from: NightWolve on 04/06/2014, 05:49 AMI have 2008 hardware with 32-bit Vista, so I should be alright for the first one which came out in 2004, dunno about Athena (2009), but I'll see, haven't installed it yet. Looked up my specs real quick:

AMD Phenom™ X3 8450 Triple-Core Processor (2.1 Ghz I think?)
ATI Radeon™ HD3450 Graphics Card, 256 MB and DirectX® 10 support
System Memory: 3072 MB DDR2 SDRAM
I'm not positive on this, but I could swear that the version of Butcher Bay included with Dark Athena runs on a revised engine that they used to make DA, so you may run into issues if that is the case. Really though if your GPU is a HD3450, even the original version of Butcher Bay would prob have issues if you tried to run it maxed out settings wise. HD3450 just isn't very powerful at all. Even though the original Butcher Bay is from around 2k5, it was one of the more hardware demanding titles for that time, and sadly the HD3450, other then offering DX10 support, just cant really compete with any of the old higher end GPU's from even 2k5.

You could prob swap out your power supply for something like an Antec in the 400-500 watt range and put a Geforce GTS 450 or GTX 550 in there and see a big leap in performance in games for around $100-120. That Phenom X3 8450 will still run a few games released now and most games from 2k11 and prior well enough and medium settings to high settings if the graphics card is decent. I'm not sure if you'd want to go to such extremes though just to play a couple games. It's only worth doing if there is more out there you want to play.

SuperDeadite

My 8 year old lappy finally died, decided to build a machine.  Originally wasnt really going to build a gaming PC, but I simply couldnt say no to the super discount I got on this beast.

IMG
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

Tatsujin

www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

BlueBMW

Hey now... Pc gaming is where its at!
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

NecroPhile

I got an LA with Sega PAC from fellow member synbiosfan.  He sent along a couple 6 button pads and a copy of Pinocchio too.  :mrgreen:
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Tatsujin

<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Tatsujin

Quote from: guest on 04/07/2014, 12:02 PMI got an LA with Sega PAC from fellow member synbiosfan.  He sent along a couple 6 button pads and a copy of Pinocchio too.  :mrgreen:
teh feka LA? hope you will change that very soon :P

congrats for the nice get anyway :D

NecroPhile

Don't fret, bazzy, le obey PAC is on the way.  :mrgreen:

PunkCryborg

Nando

Quote from: SuperDeadite on 04/07/2014, 09:58 AMMy 8 year old lappy finally died, decided to build a machine.  Originally wasnt really going to build a gaming PC, but I simply couldnt say no to the super discount I got on this beast.

IMG
so what are the full specs of your new rig?

SuperDeadite

Not quite finished yet, but for now:

Zalman Z3 Plus
Corsair HX650 (Gold)
Asus H87-Pro
Core i3 4340
8gb DDR3 1600
MSI GTX 770 Lightning
32gb SSD (for booting/windows only)
1TB HDD for other installs.
LG Super Multi DVD drive
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

Still needs a floppy drive, capture card, and a 2TB HDD just for video recording and editing but those will wait until next month.  Currently very happy with this rig, it runs anything beautifully, and thanks to the Asus mobo plus tiny SSD cold start to desktop is under 5 seconds.
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

NecroPhile

synbiosfan

Tatsujin

nice necro, even with the feka-pac :D

just in, latest shooting gameside -=R-TYPE=- :)
/1469907_10202397513553024_86693871890740180_n.jpg

and some pce snipets.

/10154987_10202397513673027_1145023287434200834_n.jpg
/1001932_10202397513713028_2285329022958109242_n.jpg

bartre

Nice get NecroPhile, I'll hopefully be following suit here soon.

Nando

Quote from: SuperDeadite on 04/07/2014, 07:38 PMNot quite finished yet, but for now:

Zalman Z3 Plus
Corsair HX650 (Gold)
Asus H87-Pro
Core i3 4340
8gb DDR3 1600
MSI GTX 770 Lightning
32gb SSD (for booting/windows only)
1TB HDD for other installs.
LG Super Multi DVD drive
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

Still needs a floppy drive, capture card, and a 2TB HDD just for video recording and editing but those will wait until next month.  Currently very happy with this rig, it runs anything beautifully, and thanks to the Asus mobo plus tiny SSD cold start to desktop is under 5 seconds.
Those SSD's are awesome. I have one at work, the boot times rock for sure.

I'm totally lost on the last few sets of chips.  What's the difference between the i3 and the i5 chipset in that category? wouldn't you get better performance video editing with the i5? assuming you are using software that can access the cpu efficiently.

xcrement5x

Just got a package for the family from my mother in law, I had to share because it was ridiculous...

IMG

This recent pile of candy was sent to us for my wife, daughter, and I.  The only problem is my daughter is 11 months old and can't eat this stuff yet (so she gets the rabbit that is chocolate scented instead), and there is no way we will eat all of this since we're in our 30s, not like 8.  I was kind of happy though, because I FUCKING LOVE Raisinets!

Mathius

Haribo Gummie Bears are the bomb!

Mathius

Quote from: guest on 04/09/2014, 10:45 AMTrade you my sealed Magical Chaise or my Keith Courage Comic for the diabeetus.
IMG

bob

Quote from: guest on 04/09/2014, 10:43 AMJust got a package for the family from my mother in law, I had to share because it was ridiculous...

IMG

This recent pile of candy was sent to us for my wife, daughter, and I.  The only problem is my daughter is 11 months old and can't eat this stuff yet (so she gets the rabbit that is chocolate scented instead), and there is no way we will eat all of this since we're in our 30s, not like 8.  I was kind of happy though, because I FUCKING LOVE Raisinets!
she robbed a dollar store?  what a thug.   :D