10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HailingTheThings

IMG

o.pwuaioc

Mathius

Those mugs are pretty steep nowadays. Yay eBay!

TR0N

IMG
IMG
TFIV wasn't cheap,but for some reason the japanese version has jumped in price while the u.s version is cheaper.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

jtucci31

Damn, I knew that thing disappeared on eBay. I went to search for it the other day an it was gone. Nice though! You better enjoy a good ole cup o joe!

jtucci31

Damn, I knew that thing disappeared on eBay. I went to search for it the other day an it was gone. Nice though! You better enjoy a good ole cup o joe!

Bardoly

Quote from: Bernie on 05/14/2014, 04:20 PMGot in Cho Aniki and Ai-cho Aniki.....  I feel.....different now having played them..  The music itself is kinda disturbing, in a strange way. 
I played through Cho Aniki last year and actually enjoyed it.  But yes, I agree that the music is rather odd.  I plan to play through Ai Cho Aniki sometime this year.  Braces self.

Bardoly

Quote from: Mathius on 05/14/2014, 06:54 PMIMG IMG

Get that DVD now while you can. From what I have seen it is extremely cool!

http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/japandvd/japandvd.htm
I checked it out, and it looks like something that I'd enjoy, but the price...  :(  40 pounds!  That's like $67 for a video!

Bardoly

/voqmw.jpg

Well, 1 more knocked out.
Only 3 2 more to go!

J.B. Harold Murder Club (complete with investigation notes, please)
Lords of the Rising Sun  (I've got one coming eventually from a forum member here.  :)
Magical Chase   Lol.

If anyone has any of the above retail boxes and is willing to trade/sell them, please let me know.
Thanks.

Psycho Punch

YS R US? Was that intentional?   :lol:
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

xcrement5x

Quote from: Psycho Punch on 05/15/2014, 01:59 PMYS R US? Was that intentional?   :lol:
Lol, nice catch!  I would shop at Ys R Us everyday as long as Feena was there.

FiftyQuid

Finally sold enough turbob to buy my first pinball machine*;

IMG

*not actually a pic of my machine, just a Google image.  Picking up mine this evening, but had to share.
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

Mathius

^^I think I just heard Bucci squeal like a little girl off in the distance.

PunkCryborg

Quote from: FiftyQuid on 05/15/2014, 03:24 PMFinally sold enough turbob to buy my first pinball machine*;

*not actually a pic of my machine, just a Google image.  Picking up mine this evening, but had to share.
I love those williams system 11 games. f14 is a lot of fun, post some pics of your actual game when you get it all situated!

Tatsujin

I remember playing that tomcat back on a school trip :D
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Opethian

that was golden age of pins.....
IMG

FiftyQuid

Picked it up tonight.  Here it is in the garage.  I have a buddy coming over tomorrow to help me bring it into the basement.

/f14_1.jpg
/f14_2.jpg
/f14_3.jpg

Weird.  It won't display the .jpg's.  Here are the links;

jtucci31

Quote from: guest on 05/15/2014, 08:57 AMI will... In fact, I'll enjoy 2! ( ;
Haha oops, my phone goes a little crazy sometimes

Opethian

https://imgur.com/a/8avNj#0

new gun in action! the AV5000 is now obsolete :D
IMG

Mathius

SmaMan

This week's import haul: (and a whole lotta other mess!)
IMG
Good news: Got my Neo Geo CD way faster than I expected!   :D
Bad news: It doesn't work.  :cry:
The disk won't read or spin... at least not very much. (See this video: http://instagram.com/p/oGohb-HAGv/)
If anyone has any suggestions, throw 'em at me.
Here's everything else I got:
Neo Geo CDs
King of Fighters '94
King of Fighters '95
The Way of the Blade (That's the Japansese "Last Blade" right?)
Garou Densetsu 3
Shin Samurai Spirits
Famicom
Pinball
Macross
Itadaki Street
Host of KACU FM's Eye on Entertainment! Proving that there IS something to do this weekend since 2009.
http://kacu.org/programs/eye-entertainment

synbiosfan

Quote from: SmaMan on 05/17/2014, 12:30 PMThe Way of the Blade (That's the Japansese "Last Blade" right?)
Yes and nice haul!

The NGCD is dirt easy to region mod too! Even I was able to do it! :P

PCEngineHell

Quote from: SmaMan on 05/17/2014, 12:30 PMThis week's import haul: (and a whole lotta other mess!)
IMG
Good news: Got my Neo Geo CD way faster than I expected!   :D
Bad news: It doesn't work.  :cry:
The disk won't read or spin... at least not very much. (See this video: http://instagram.com/p/oGohb-HAGv/)
If anyone has any suggestions, throw 'em at me.
Here's everything else I got:
Neo Geo CDs
King of Fighters '94
King of Fighters '95
The Way of the Blade (That's the Japansese "Last Blade" right?)
Garou Densetsu 3
Shin Samurai Spirits
Famicom
Pinball
Macross
Itadaki Street
Pop it open and take a look at the lid door switch. It is a pretty fragile part and may be broken. If so you can either replace it or just solder a connection of its solder joints to make it register as permanently closed.

PunkCryborg

ToyMachine78

Buncha shit: River city ransom, super dodge ball for nes, Genny HD model 1 (to replace my crappy sounding m1), plus a lot of games: Shadow dancer, world And castle of illusion, toe jam and earl, quack shot, and James pond. Pics to come

SuperDeadite

Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

BlueBMW

I see some great x68000 video captures coming...
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

synbiosfan

Quote from: BlueBMW on 05/17/2014, 06:48 PMI see some great x68000 video captures coming...
...of semi naked Japanese girls.

Mathius

Quote from: synbiosfan on 05/17/2014, 07:01 PM
Quote from: BlueBMW on 05/17/2014, 06:48 PMI see some great x68000 video captures coming...
...of semi naked Japanese girls.
...with pained facial expressions.

sirhcman

Quote from: SmaMan on 05/17/2014, 12:30 PMThis week's import haul: (and a whole lotta other mess!)
Track #8: The Brazilian... masterful! Love the Invisible Touch album!

jeffhlewis

Nice XPC-4...have noticed the prices seeming to go down a tad on those stateside due to currency rates...it's the last piece of the puzzle I need for my X68000 setup.

SmaMan

Quote from: guest on 05/17/2014, 08:45 PM
Oh yeah, that's in the shot too! I actually got that years and years ago and was testing it in that NG:CD to see if it made any difference. I think "Domino" is my fave from it.
Host of KACU FM's Eye on Entertainment! Proving that there IS something to do this weekend since 2009.
http://kacu.org/programs/eye-entertainment

sirhcman

Quote from: SmaMan on 05/18/2014, 01:55 AM
Quote from: guest on 05/17/2014, 08:45 PM
Oh yeah, that's in the shot too! I actually got that years and years ago and was testing it in that NG:CD to see if it made any difference. I think "Domino" is my fave from it.
Yea Domino is great as well.. the best two tracks on the album! I grew up listening to that album in the late 80's as a young child, glad my parents raised me on good music! :)

NessFreaK

Decent local find today... $25

/NessFreaK/game-lots/may18.jpg

bob

Bardoly

/nt5h.jpg

/1u1y.jpg

Gotta bag 'em all!  :P

These are Clearbags CD case size BD3.  They are "Protective Closure", which means that the sticky tape is on the bag, not the flap, so the CD case doesn't stick to the flap when inserting or removing it.

I also picked up some jewel case box protectors from videogameboxprotectors.com.

Opethian

IMG

xcrement5x

Got some new stuff in today!

IMG
2014-05-19 New Limited Editions, Drakengard 3 and Mugen Soulz Z by xcrement5x, on Flickr

Drakengard 3 Collectors Edition
 -Premium Packaging, featuring the Japanese Product Art
 -The Complete Prequel Novella
 -Soundtrack Sampler Disc
 -Double-sided Collectible Poster
 -DLC Code for the Caim Costume, based on the protagonist of Drakengard
 -DLC Code for a prequel stage featuring Zero's sister, One as a playable character
 -DLC Code for the Giant Baby Hat

Plus Pre-order bonus goodies:
1.) Japanese VO DLC
2.) Nier Costume Pack
3.) 6 PSN Themes

Mugen Souls Z
Limited Edition Set Includes:
 -Mugen Souls™ Z for PS3
 -Full color, hardcover art book
 -Tear-resistant poster (16"x26")
 -Collector's box
 -Exclusive item: Zodiac Keychain

My credit card is crying on that Drakengard 3 Edition, but it was a Square-Enix store exclusive limited to 5000 copies and I really liked the other games and Nier.  Mugen Souls Z is just typical NISA SRPG fodder with boobies.

IMG
2014-05-19 Dragon Force Prima Strategy Guide by xcrement5x, on Flickr

Dragon Force Prima Strategy Guide

I've been meaning to pick up a copy of this for awhile to go with my Working Designs stuff.  Why they didn't release a hint guide for this game themselves is beyond me.  Maybe now I will finally finish up the game too!

synbiosfan

Quote from: guest on 05/19/2014, 04:16 PMGot some new stuff in today!

I've been meaning to pick up a copy of this for awhile to go with my Working Designs stuff.  Why they didn't release a hint guide for this game themselves is beyond me.  Maybe now I will finally finish up the game too!
By the time I got my hands on the guide I didn't need it lol.

Nice grabs!

nectarsis

Not a buy per-say, but...

FINALLY got rid of the burner/loaner phone I've had for almost 3 weeks.....PLUS I got a free upgraded to Galaxy S4, a $100 case, and a 8GB memory card for FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE...US Cellular is TOP NOTCH
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

munchiaz

Quote from: guest on 05/19/2014, 04:16 PMGot some new stuff in today!

IMG
2014-05-19 New Limited Editions, Drakengard 3 and Mugen Soulz Z by xcrement5x, on Flickr

Drakengard 3 Collectors Edition
 -Premium Packaging, featuring the Japanese Product Art
 -The Complete Prequel Novella
 -Soundtrack Sampler Disc
 -Double-sided Collectible Poster
 -DLC Code for the Caim Costume, based on the protagonist of Drakengard
 -DLC Code for a prequel stage featuring Zero's sister, One as a playable character
 -DLC Code for the Giant Baby Hat

Plus Pre-order bonus goodies:
1.) Japanese VO DLC
2.) Nier Costume Pack
3.) 6 PSN Themes

Mugen Souls Z
Limited Edition Set Includes:
 -Mugen Souls™ Z for PS3
 -Full color, hardcover art book
 -Tear-resistant poster (16"x26")
 -Collector's box
 -Exclusive item: Zodiac Keychain

My credit card is crying on that Drakengard 3 Edition, but it was a Square-Enix store exclusive limited to 5000 copies and I really liked the other games and Nier.  Mugen Souls Z is just typical NISA SRPG fodder with boobies.

IMG
2014-05-19 Dragon Force Prima Strategy Guide by xcrement5x, on Flickr

I'm interested in getting drakengard 3. I havent played 1 or 2, but i really enjoyed Nier (havent beaten it yet)

FiftyQuid

I promised you guys a picture of my pin once it was set up.  Here it is;

IMG

NecroPhile

Nice, Fifty.  Sexy pin is sexy.  :mrgreen:
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

FiftyQuid

Quote from: guest on 05/20/2014, 03:49 PMNice, Fifty.  Sexy pin is sexy.  :mrgreen:
Thanks!  My turbob collection took a small hit, but it's nothing that I can't recover from.  Time to start tinkering with my new toy.  :)

Ninja16608

Jealous, of all the arcade machines I have, I have yet to get a pinball machine and always wanted one. Nice looking set up man :-)

ToyMachine78

That is awesome! I want a KISS pinball machine

Ninja16608

Quote from: guest on 05/20/2014, 04:25 PMThat is awesome! I want a KISS pinball machine
Big money there.

Mathius

I guarantee once my wife sees that pinball machine she's gonna flip out! She loves pinball ha ha!

Psycho Punch

Is it just me or the Williams logo looks like the Motorola one but turned upside down?
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

esteban

Quote from: guest on 05/20/2014, 09:54 PMIs it just me or the Williams logo looks like the Motorola one but turned upside down?
Yes, I thought the same thing the other day.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG