10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

Ys Typing Tutor Game v0.85

Started by NightWolve, 08/17/2006, 01:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NightWolve

I've released a translated version of "Typing of Ys," a special mini-game Falcom hid in the full Zwei!! Windows PC game. It's now available for download in a nice convenient installer! Upon initial release, I found someone to translate (OMG! Yes, it was Vile WyrdWad/Tom-chan Lipschultz from XSEED Games, THAT GUY!!! ) the script, so the updated version is now in full English and I also fixed the font. Enjoy!

YsTTSetup.png
HAHAHAHA! DeuceBag didn't deserve any credit here, it was a courtesy I'm ashamed to say... And first chance both of these repugnant assholes got when the shoe was on the other foot, they made sure to erase me from ANY fair credit! It's an vindictive/punishment goal to erase me from history, deny me basic human dignity/respect for all of my hard work/sacrifices on the projects!

Even in 2023, the homicidal, psycho cock-flasher, Jeff "DeuceBag" Nussbaum, cheated me for 7 days of labor on the Samurai Shodown RPG localization! And of course he'd fallback to his usual retort, "It WaS 15 YeArS AgO, GeT OvEr It!" when him and the company KEEP on cheating me with new ports, and this last case of a fan project! Once I found his homicidal rants, telling neo-geo.com to kill their families, not just themselves, and that a % of them he wants to kill by his own hands, it all made sense that the SOB was scapegoating me to somehow save/rebuild his reputation at least among Ys fans! Take me out, play the hero, and maybe people don't go looking at what he was saying on neo-geo.com, while hyper-analyzing/judging me on every little insult/criticism, trumping up charges to play along with any accumulated haters (in a "I'm on your side too!" fashion).

Him and the KKK WitchWad pedophile basically told me/act like my "sins" were essentially "unforgivable" but no matter what I learn about DeuceBag, be it flashing his schlong, or writing public homicidal rants, it seems he's NEVER a PR liability/embarrassment to XSEED or NIS America! WHY is that, folks ??? It's OK for these horrible human beings to be credited, but somehow I was "worst person in the world!" and must NEVER be credited! That is their position! But anyway, I've explained the situation better in my boycott summary.

IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG

https://www.ysutopia.net/projects/ystt/

Odonadon

PCEngineFX

What an unexpected surprise NightWolve!  Will be checking this out tonight....expect a news post about it as well.

EDIT: Well forget it....I just installed it at work here and passed Easy.  I really like the graphics and the translation is pretty funny at times.  Great job NightWolve (& team!).  I was wondering if you could substitute the music that is playing somehow to include your own...
// Aaron Nanto | The Ultimate Resource for NEC Console Information!
Papa PCEFX 1997-2020 [Retired]
IMG
IMG

jlued686

Awesome!  That was really cool!  One question: at the boss, when he throws letters at you, how do you stop those letters?

PCEngineFX

Quote from: guestAwesome!  That was really cool!  One question: at the boss, when he throws letters at you, how do you stop those letters?
You just type those letters :P

Quote from: guestSee, that's what I figured.  But I couldn't get it to work. I'll try again...

I'm dumb.   :oops:

I thought each of those letters had to be capitalized.
Just finished up Easy.  Bad ass game, man.  And very funny.  Nice job!
IMG
IMG

jlued686

See, that's what I figured.  But I couldn't get it to work. I'll try again...

jlued686

I'm dumb.   :oops:

I thought each of those letters had to be capitalized.

Just finished up Easy.  Bad ass game, man.  And very funny.  Nice job!

guyjin

neat game! However, for some reason I cannot type in a name in the high score screen.  :?

NightWolve

Quote from: "Pcenginefx"I was wondering if you could substitute the music that is playing somehow to include your own...
The music file is the biggest file in the data subfolder with the extension .dec. It's a custom Falcom sound format and I've never messed with it, so I couldn't help ya. I'm sure it's possible to hack the game to use a wave file for the BGM instead since it's using those for sound effects, but I have neither the desire nor the time to mess around for that.

Anyway, looks like it's a hit with the masses! Glad the opportunity came up to getting something working released.

NightWolve

Quote from: guyjin on 08/17/2006, 11:31 PMneat game! However, for some reason I cannot type in a name in the high score screen.  :?
Thanks, you caught a bug I created with my font fix. I just fixed it, but I dunno when there'll be enough changes to justify another version release so soon.

Keranu

Incredible! I downloaded it right away and will play it soon! Thanks a lot!
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

PCEngineFX

Site updated last night with a pointer to your Typing of Ys page NightWolve.
IMG
IMG

esteban

IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

NightWolve

OK, guyjin, there were a few more fixes/changes so I've updated the installer. HISCORE feature is fixed with version .85.

_Paul

Dark Fact

Ys: Typing Tutor! Save Estheria and all of Ys with the power of your typing skills!

Evildoers beware! Once you've been spelled out, you're written off!

Gaze upon the power of the almighty keyboard of justice!

Seriously...this game looks quite a lot of fun if not a bit stupid (no offense).  At least this smacks up Mavis Beacon. :lol:

P.S. You'll never spell my name out to save all of Estheria, ADOL CHRISTIAN!!! :evil:
homepage2.nifty.com/tkdate/ysmusic/screen/graphic/Win_CP_THE_LAST.jpg
Sorry, but I don't see your library card on the books of Ys.  Now, RETURN THEM TO ME!!!