FX-Unit Yuki: The Henshin Engine for TurboGrafx-16/PC Engine

Started by sirhcman, 09/19/2016, 09:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OldRover

There is no parallax in any part of stage 04. The original Bonk games really didn't have any anyway aside from the tower in the very distant background in like... one stage. :lol: Bonk's always been pretty straightforward and utilitarian in its visual presentation, relying more on gameplay than glitz.

So the general consensus from the Lvl Up Expo is that the game is pretty challenging... it's way too hard for your garden-variety casual but the experienced gamers are having a good time with it. :D
Turbo Badass Rank: Janne (6 of 12 clears)
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

esteban

Quote from: OldRover on 05/13/2017, 11:19 AM/yuki-0500.png
Geni went too far this time. Now it's on 4realz. :lol:
God.

Damn.

Gorgeous.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Michirin9801

Quote from: ParanoiaDragon on 05/13/2017, 06:28 PM
Quote from: Michirin9801 on 05/13/2017, 05:00 PMLooks very nice ^^
Does it parallax though? ;3
Ha, I think you have the same obsession I have with paralax!
Oh I do xD
Especially when I know the system only has 1 BG layer ;3

Quote from: OldRover on 05/13/2017, 07:00 PMThere is no parallax in any part of stage 04. The original Bonk games really didn't have any anyway aside from the tower in the very distant background in like... one stage. :lol: Bonk's always been pretty straightforward and utilitarian in its visual presentation, relying more on gameplay than glitz.
I see... Oh well, it still looks nice anyway ^^
Good job!

CrackTiger

There will likely be a couple dozen scenes with parallax.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

OldRover

The next stage is certainly loaded with parallax...
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

Michirin9801

NecroPhile

Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

haightc

This might not be be the right place to ask but...
In the store is the download version a ROM, ISO or intended as a PC download?

OldRover

I dunno if Saru is going to do a download version for the original (I think this is going to be CD only, not 100% sure though) but the PC version will definitely be a download version. I think he also wants to do a retail package with a CD as well though.

sirhcman

Release date has been delayed to August 2017 per unnamed sources

spenoza

A mysterious individual has delayed your release... Vexing. I hope things are going well, otherwise.

CrackTiger

There was an update video that I believe is in this thread, which talked about the delay to greatly expand the game. The new date should just be official, as opposed to what was said earlier which I believe was an estimation.

I think that anyone who is already interested in the game will still be blown away and appreciate the revamp as well as the unrevealed content.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

elmer

Perhaps they've received an offer from PCEWorks for the publishing rights!  :wink:

sirhcman

Quote from: elmer on 05/23/2017, 03:26 PMPerhaps they've received an offer from PCEWorks for the publishing rights!  :wink:
LOL!

CrackTiger

Tobias has already stated that he can only afford to spare $1 per set, as he doesn't make any profit from his releases and is simply doing it for the love of it.

Sarumaru

Quote from: elmer on 05/23/2017, 03:26 PMPerhaps they've received an offer from PCEWorks for the publishing rights!  :wink:
Yuki panties edition? *snort*

elmer

You're leaving money on the table ... I tell you, thar's gold in them thar panties!  :wink:

Ba, da, boom!  :roll:  :oops:

http://dlg.galileo.usg.edu/dahlonega/history.php

OldRover

If it gets delayed again (which is unlikely), it'll be my fault. We're all working hard on this but most of the focus on completion is on my shoulders now. THANKS OBAMA!

GohanX

Sarumaru

Quote from: GohanX on 05/24/2017, 02:02 PMGet back in the dungeon you!
We let him out to play every now and again for the sake of his sanity, but then this happens...

frozenutopia.com/skeledance.gif

Arkhan Asylum

This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

OldRover

Quote from: guest on 05/24/2017, 08:10 PMHOLY SHIT YOU PUT OBAMA IN A DUNGEON?
And then someone paid $400k to spring him. :lol:

roflmao

So I'm guessing there won't be any progress on Lucretia until this gets released? Any ETA on that? I've already pre-paid for both so I'll be happy to receive something, just wondering where that game stands.

incrediblehark

Same situation as roflmao, prepaid for both games. Willing to wait (obviously) but also curious of the status.

esteban

Quote from: incrediblehark on 06/04/2017, 11:29 AMSame situation as roflmao, prepaid for both games. Willing to wait (obviously) but also curious of the status.
Quote from: guest on 06/04/2017, 01:53 AMSo I'm guessing there won't be any progress on Lucretia until this gets released? Any ETA on that? I've already pre-paid for both so I'll be happy to receive something, just wondering where that game stands.
I am holding both of your copies of Lucretia.

I will send them out when I finish tasks #1-69 on my to-do list.

Thank you.

CrackTiger

Quote from: esteban on 06/04/2017, 08:00 PM
Quote from: incrediblehark on 06/04/2017, 11:29 AMSame situation as roflmao, prepaid for both games. Willing to wait (obviously) but also curious of the status.
Quote from: guest on 06/04/2017, 01:53 AMSo I'm guessing there won't be any progress on Lucretia until this gets released? Any ETA on that? I've already pre-paid for both so I'll be happy to receive something, just wondering where that game stands.
I am holding both of your copies of Lucretia.

I will send them out when I finish tasks #1-69 on my to-do list.

Thank you.
What is the last task on your to-do list?

esteban

OldRover

OK so here's the deal on Lucretia... since the code is already at 100% and just requires sprites, Sarumaru is going to work on those as soon as the PCE version of Henshin Engine comes to a close. It will take approximately one month to complete. In the interim, I will be finishing off the PC conversion of Henshin Engine. Thus, Lucretia and the PC build of Henshin Engine will be finished at roughly the same time, approximately one month after PCE HE goes off to the pressing house. From there, Lucretia goes off to press and the source code to the PC build of HE goes off to the various other developers who will be converting the game to other platforms.

There will also be a PC build of Lucretia, using the same game engine as the PC build of Henshin Engine. ERGE, as it's called, is a very flexible game engine built in-house at Eponasoft over the past few years and can accommodate a wide variety of game systems. It will likely be used for all future PC conversions of Saru Studio titles, including Oni Island and Gods Of Lightning. Speaking of Gods Of Lightning...

HenshinEngineStage5-mockup.png
https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=1421686867869343

CrackTiger

I was actually using that pic to test which palettes work best in that scene.

IMG

esteban

TheClash603

Quote from: OldRover on 06/05/2017, 11:00 PMOK so here's the deal on Lucretia... since the code is already at 100% and just requires sprites, Sarumaru is going to work on those as soon as the PCE version of Henshin Engine comes to a close. It will take approximately one month to complete. In the interim, I will be finishing off the PC conversion of Henshin Engine. Thus, Lucretia and the PC build of Henshin Engine will be finished at roughly the same time, approximately one month after PCE HE goes off to the pressing house. From there, Lucretia goes off to press and the source code to the PC build of HE goes off to the various other developers who will be converting the game to other platforms.

There will also be a PC build of Lucretia, using the same game engine as the PC build of Henshin Engine. ERGE, as it's called, is a very flexible game engine built in-house at Eponasoft over the past few years and can accommodate a wide variety of game systems. It will likely be used for all future PC conversions of Saru Studio titles, including Oni Island and Gods Of Lightning. Speaking of Gods Of Lightning...

HenshinEngineStage5-mockup.png
https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=1421686867869343
Thanks for the update!

Feel free to use my likeness as a God of Lightning sprite.

roflmao

CrackTiger

Quote from: TheClash603 on 06/06/2017, 08:02 AMThanks for the update!

Here ya go:

IMG

TheClash603

Quote from: guest on 06/06/2017, 08:13 PM
Quote from: TheClash603 on 06/06/2017, 08:02 AMThanks for the update!

Here ya go:

IMG
That's damn good!

ParanoiaDragon

Quote from: esteban on 06/06/2017, 06:51 AMGodz o' Lightening
WRONG!  It's Godz o' Lightnin'!  Thank you very much! :P
IMG

ClodBusted

Quote from: The Old Rover on 05/13/2017, 11:19 AM/yuki-0500.png
Nice T-rex skull.

esteban

I love every screenshot posted in this thread.

ParanoiaDragon

Quote from: guest on 06/07/2017, 03:54 AM
Quote from: OldRover on 05/13/2017, 11:19 AM/yuki-0500.png
Nice T-rex skull.
That's no mere T-rex, that's the remains of King Droll!
IMG

OldRover

Just so everyone knows... there will likely be no more screenie postings or updates on this until we are finished with the PCE build, as we are on the final stretch of development right now and any such postings will just be a distraction. The deadline is rapidly approaching and we still have plenty to do, but we'll make it in time.

esteban

Good luck. :)

I don't mind waiting.

I'll play some Shubibinman in the interim.

:)

NecroPhile

I don't mind waiting.

I'll play with myself in the interim.

Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Michirin9801

I don't mind waiting.

I'll procrastinate on my own work a little more in the interim.

Jester82

Quote from: guest on 06/05/2017, 11:27 PMI was actually using that pic to test which palettes work best in that scene.

IMG
Sorry for my ignorance, but are you working on this for the PC engine? Never heard of this project but it looks awesome!

CrackTiger

Quote from: Jester82 on 07/03/2017, 09:04 PMSorry for my ignorance, but are you working on this for the PC engine? Never heard of this project but it looks awesome!
Here's a video featuring footage from a variety of stages:
http://www.henshinengine.com/

Jester82

Oh sorry, I meant God of thunder. I already have Henshin Engine pre ordered!  :dance:

Gredler

Quote from: Jester82 on 07/07/2017, 08:02 PMOh sorry, I meant God of thunder. I already have Henshin Engine pre ordered!  :dance:
In henshin engine the character plays through a variety of levels which are each a parody of a TG16 game. The screenshot in your quote is an image of the Lords of Thunder parody level.

BTW BT - shit's look great! Good luck finishing out, I am sure you guys will glide this sucker in smooth!

Jester82

OldRover

I know I said I wouldn't likely show off any more pics of development but oh well.

eponasoft.com/yuki-0580.png

Now, back to work.

esadajr

I knew it would be well worth the wait.
Gaming since 1985

esteban

Quote from: OldRover on 07/12/2017, 10:50 AMI know I said I wouldn't likely show off any more pics of development but oh well.

eponasoft.com/yuki-0580.png

Now, back to work.
VHD STG