Turbob Xpress: Bringing affordable "gamer's" games to the community! Nearly Gone

Started by BlueBMW, 10/29/2015, 10:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kiketonto

My second batch it's coming! it's in Madrid right now! Next week at home for sure!
That's great!
PD. will post (again ) when I received them!

Bernie

Quote from: blueraven on 12/18/2015, 09:59 PMSend me the recipe for the candied yams with jalapenos and peanuts.

I WILL TELL ALL.

...but seriously, just check out the first 5 pages, and then do a search for round 2 and read those five as well.

To paraphrase: BMW and Bernie got the tobias dupes.

Round 1 was Beyond Shadowgate, M&M3, and Translated Drac X. - $10

Round 2 is Dynastic, Bonk 3, Japanese Drac X, Godzilla, DE2 - $25

Round 2 is still available. Get on it!

1 guy got caught reselling them, was found out, and has been chastised. He's a dick. We all know.

oBey. All Day. u decise.

caw
Fixed.  :)

blueraven

esteban

@ Mathius
@ blueraven

Thank you for the scoop! :)

@bernie, BMW & crew — HOT DAMN! :)
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

cr8zykuban0

Cant wait until jodi comes out with the godzilla manual and inserts! His work is awesome!

Mathius

Quote from: esteban on 12/20/2015, 08:37 AM@ Mathius
@ blueraven

There is a set set aside for you Este I hear if you want it. It only costs shipping. Get with Bernie.

Brraap

It's an unwritten law in Japan that every shooter series has to have it's own ''parody''

ginoscope

Looks awesome Jodi let us know when it's ready to order.  All the cases I have gotten look awesome with my other games.

HailingTheThings

Damn, mister Brraap has been making some decent things it appears.
IMG

kosko99

T

I received my games last night.  They look and play great.

Thank you so much.

esteban

Quote from: Mathius on 12/20/2015, 08:48 PM
Quote from: esteban on 12/20/2015, 08:37 AM@ Mathius
@ blueraven

There is a set set aside for you Este I hear if you want it. It only costs shipping. Get with Bernie.
Hells yes. Thank you :)

Of course, being the idiot I am, I started giving him grief in another thread.

I am still trying to catch up on everything at pcefx, including this thread! I plan to read this whole damn thread later tonight...
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Conzilla

Games have arrived. They look awesome. Thanks to all those involved. Looking forward to the next batch.

Bernie

I dont think you're an idiot Este.  :)

Sent from my iPhone using your mama

Sarumaru

Got my discs. Thanks Berns! I plan to make this the cover for my case in honor of Bernus.

IMG

Koa Zo

Recieved an exciting package of 5 discs yesterday. Thanks so much to all involved!
Now I have to pack up some Sega gear and make room for the DuoR.
Maybe I will OBEY in 2016.

kiketonto

I received mine too!
Let's keep on playing!
thanks to everyone involved!

GohanX

Quote from: Sarumaru on 12/22/2015, 08:19 PMGot my discs. Thanks Berns! I plan to make this the cover for my case in honor of Bernus.

IMG
Mwahahahahaha

retro junkie

Tomorrow is the first day for the beginning of my Holidays time off. It will begin early in the morning, OBEY!!   =D>

Thank you for all involved for making this possible.

JoshTurboTrollX

Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Bernie

Quote from: Sarumaru on 12/22/2015, 08:19 PMGot my discs. Thanks Berns! I plan to make this the cover for my case in honor of Bernus.

IMG
I gotta admit....this is funny.

tbone3969

My daughter thanks you Bernie.  She loves Bonk 3 CD.

IMG
"There's something out there in those trees and it ain't no man. We're all gonna die."

T

I ordered a copy of dungeon explorer II

I wish I had ordered it with my original order....

NightWolve

Quote from: ginoscope on 12/14/2015, 11:31 AM
Quote from: NightWolve on 12/11/2015, 08:22 PM
Quote from: NightWolve on 12/10/2015, 11:56 PMAnyway, I would thank Bonknuts for the Dracula X translation project (he has a Paypal donate BTW, so feel free to help him out! He donated $50 to me BITD, so stand up guy!) but it appears I got a regular unpatched Japanese one... That's no fun... I want the one that makes BurntLasagna angry. :)
Thanks to those that offered me one, but looks like I just got fooled by the CD label... Tobias didn't bother to change much between the Japanese and English patched versions... The English patched version still keeps the 'X' on the CD label and all he added is "PCE Works" to it as well as Bernie just pointed out to me... Pffffft. So yeah, Bernie hooked me up after all!

So anyway, yes, thanks be to Bonknuts for his hacking prowess/work on this, even though Tobias pressed it onto a nice CD-ROM without permission/support. ;)

Since the man is too humble, I will do it for him here. This is his Donation Page, so if you wanna buy him a beer, here ya go:

https://pcedev.wordpress.com/donation-page/

Quote from: BonknutsYou can donate to my site/projects/whatever via paypal. Just use the email address tomaitheous_@_pcedev.net. Of course, remove the underscores (as in "ous@pcedev.net"). Set the type of 'payment' as 'gift'.
So his same email address is tied to his Paypal account.
Thanks for posting this NightWolve  I just sent Bonknuts a donation.  Pretty awesome job he did on that translation.
I'm glad someone noted my random solicitation on his behalf and threw him a bone! Posts in this thread will easily get lost given the attention its gotten, so not really the best place to help somebody out like that, but yeah, thanks (whoever you are) and good looking out! Like I said, he donated $50 to me back in the day even while he was on hard times himself and did other things he earned my respect for!

TurboXray

NW: I can't believe you remembered that. Hah! $50 was no where near enough though; my sons and I played the hell out of the PC translations you did of Ys. For my youngest son, the translated Ys I/II PC and Oath of Felghana are probably the most memorable games of his childhood.

Sennachereb

I am new to these forums. I am a longtime gamer who has been collecting for everything since childhood. Turbo has always had a special place in my heart for its unique offerings and the fact that it was prohibitively expensive for me as a young teen. I am glad to be part of this now, and am glad to have had access to the second batch. If only I had been around for the first. Y'all can count me in for any further rounds, as Turbo stuff is near mythologically rare up here in Maine.

Bardoly

Quote from: Sennachereb on 01/02/2016, 03:14 PMI am new to these forums. I am a longtime gamer who has been collecting for everything since childhood. Turbo has always had a special place in my heart for its unique offerings and the fact that it was prohibitively expensive for me as a young teen. I am glad to be part of this now, and am glad to have had access to the second batch. If only I had been around for the first. Y'all can count me in for any further rounds, as Turbo stuff is near mythologically rare up here in Maine.
Welcome to Pcenginefx!

So, when did you get into The TurboGrafx, and what are some of your favorite games for it?

martinine

Keith Courage is #1. Alpha Zone inhabitant for life. Thanks to this forum for rejuvenating and continuing my interest in all things Obey.

Brraap

It's an unwritten law in Japan that every shooter series has to have it's own ''parody''

HailingTheThings

Quote from: Brraap on 01/04/2016, 01:39 AMGodzilla manual and insert ready to ship.
IMG
Holy ballsacks, is that a full repro manual? Any chance you could do an OG back for it? Might want.

PS Ever think about doing a full manual jobbes for Terraforming? Was totally gonna buy the real deal from bardoly, but I think he doesn't find me attractive enough to sell me things anymore. Well, either that or he hates me. :(
IMG

tbone3969

"There's something out there in those trees and it ain't no man. We're all gonna die."

Psycho Punch

Am I the only one here who still has the games on the paper envelopes?
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

PunkCryborg

Quote from: guest on 01/04/2016, 09:32 AMAm I the only one here who still has the games on the paper envelopes?
I moved all of mine to a cd case and stuck a bonk sticker on the front

LostFlunky

Quote from: guest on 01/04/2016, 09:32 AMAm I the only one here who still has the games on the paper envelopes?
Nope.

I will post a pic of what I intend to do with them later...  I make little "album covers" for CD-rs and such that I make for the car - I intend to do the same with these.

Brraap

I could do the manual for Terraforming if I had some decent scans. But I don't own it

GoldenWheels

Quote from: PunkCryborg on 01/04/2016, 10:14 AM
I moved all of mine to a cd case and stuck a bonk sticker on the front
That's what I intended to do and I didn't even get THAT far.

Gentlegamer

Mine are in the paper envelopes, but I should put them in a little CD binder.

Someone send me a Bonk sticker.
IMG
Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 10/25/2015, 02:35 PMGentle with games, rough with collectards.  Riders gon riiiiide.

martinine

Mine are still in the paper envelopes. I have made old school turbo cd style inserts for the first batch, but I haven't gotten to the printer to print. I can't find a way to cut them straight enough to satisfy my obey-compulsive disorder.
Keith Courage is #1. Alpha Zone inhabitant for life. Thanks to this forum for rejuvenating and continuing my interest in all things Obey.

CatPix

As I showed in a pic, I put mines into empty jewel cases. I need to order those game inserts and manuals soon.

HailingTheThings

Quote from: Brraap on 01/04/2016, 11:18 AMI could do the manual for Terraforming if I had some decent scans. But I don't own it
Well, shit. I think sparky has it, but don't think he has scanned the full manual or would want to because as he says "They're a pain in the ass." Only other person I know that has it is bardoly, be my guest to ask him about that since he doesn't reply to me. lol
IMG

wilykat

Mine's still in the paper sleeves.  All the local places only carries slim CD cases which wouldn't quite fit the cover. I ordered a set of 10 blank standard CD cases, they arrived as 10,000 pieces shards.  Still waiting, 3 weeks+ on the replacement, I might have to open dispute because the seller hasn't provided new tracking info and may be trying to waste my time to get past the deadline.  :(

I did look into local Goodwill today, nearly all of the CD cases were scruffed, scratched, and sometimes cracked and not worth the 50 cents each to use.

OldMan

QuoteMine's still in the paper sleeves.
How many cases do you need? We were buying them in 50 packs for around $15.
Or try the grocery store (believe it or not).

johnnykonami

I'm still using the sleeves too, gotta get a pack of jewel cases one of these days.

kosko99

As other said... nop, I still got all the games on the paper envelopes too lol.

jelloslug

Quote from: HailingTheThings on 01/05/2016, 12:27 AM
Quote from: Brraap on 01/04/2016, 11:18 AMI could do the manual for Terraforming if I had some decent scans. But I don't own it
Well, shit. I think sparky has it, but don't think he has scanned the full manual or would want to because as he says "They're a pain in the ass." Only other person I know that has it is bardoly, be my guest to ask him about that since he doesn't reply to me. lol
I have the real manual. If I can remember to grab it at lunch I'll scan it this evening.

jelloslug

tbone3969

HailingTheThings

Quote from: guest on 01/07/2016, 09:39 AM
Quote from: HailingTheThings on 01/05/2016, 12:27 AM
I have the real manual. If I can remember to grab it at lunch I'll scan it this evening.
Awwwwww, mew, thank you so much! Yay!!!!
IMG

Scillianaire

Are we doing a batch 3 anytime soon? I have been putting off buying manuals snd luner art until i can do it in bulk. Thanks for everything guys!

Mathius

Quote from: Scillianaire on 01/08/2016, 03:47 PMAre we doing a batch 3 anytime soon? I have been putting off buying manuals snd luner art until i can do it in bulk. Thanks for everything guys!
Stay tuned for info on Batch 3. As soon as we know we'll let the forum know. :)