@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

Introducing myself and Turbo Views......

Started by ChrisBucci, 01/05/2009, 02:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FiftyQuid

Man was I surprised to see this one reviewed.  So quickly after Ordnye too.  Very fair review and I enjoyed seeing Mysterious Song lying beside Magical Chase.

The only thing I dislike about these reviews is that they are not 30 minutes long.  :)
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

esteban

IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

munchiaz

Another great review. I still need to get my hands on MS

bob

I have been in a cave and haven't watched a full one of these.  Good stuff.  keep it up!

ChrisBucci

Thanks as always for the kind words guys.  I am glad you enjoy the vids as much as I do putting them together (when I get a chance to that is, ha ha).

I had hoped the extra exposure would maybe help the gang at Frozen sell a couple.  They deserve it, it's a great effort.  If you are strapped for some cash, I noticed that they have a handful of "seconds" for sale on their Ebay store (search Mysterious Song).  I think it's only $13.00...not sure the condition of them though.  :)
Thanks again,
Chris Bucci

Otaking

Great to see some new vids up Chris, I've been watching your channel from when you first started and really enjoy your reviews.  :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86jH2UQmvKY&t=812s
Quote from: some block off youtubeIn one episode, Dodongo c-walks out of a convenience store with a 40 at 7:40 AM, steals an arcade machine from an auction, haggles in Spanish for a stuffed papa smurf to use as a sex toy, and buys Secret of Mana for a dollar.

Mathius

JoshTurboTrollX

Glad this game got a 5/5.  Such an amazing game.
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

TR0N

Did hell just freeze over !? Another turboview by spida1a  :shock: :shock: Man one of these days id still like to have a original copy of beyond shadowgate  :(
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

EvilEvoIX

That game is so expensive, it looks great too, I love the point and click adventure series.
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

OldRover

I see Mysterious Song save files on the backup RAM screen ;)
Turbo Badass Rank: Janne (6 of 12 clears)
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

esteban

Quote from: OldRover on 12/21/2013, 10:03 PMI see Mysterious Song save files on the backup RAM screen ;)
Bucci's nuanced endorsements are masterful.  :pcgs:

TR0N

IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

SuperPlay

Just placed my pre-order for Vol 3 of Turboviews :-)

Mathius

Quote from: SuperPlay on 01/02/2014, 06:40 AMJust placed my pre-order for Vol 3 of Turboviews :-)
As did I.

ChrisBucci

Thanks guys.   It's coming together nicely so far.  :)

glazball

Great reviews!  Now can someone send Chris a set of Sparky labels to replace his homemade white ones??

Keep up the great work :)
glazball's game collection and wantlist

ChrisBucci

ha ha.  I've actually had those labels for a long time.   I always wanted to put them ON in a video sometime.  Just never got around to it.  Lol!  :)

sirhcman

FiftyQuid

Another fun one.  Glad he mentioned the 1UP blinking.
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

esteban

I love Bucci  :pcgs: However, let's be finicky...

Bucci is crazy: this game is most certainly intense (sure, there are easy parts, but there are plenty of hectic, crazy, intense segments o shoot-em-up action). Even if you find the default speed of the dragon to be sluggish (not unlike many games, such as Gradius, where this was intentional, to make the "speed up" power-up an actual, you know, power-up that was worthwhile.

I love Bucci, but he needs to use a different adjective.  :pcgs:

ChrisBucci

Ha ha.  I love you too man.  Even if you're just as crazy as I am! 

I like my adjective...for me it describes the feeling I get playing DS quite perfectly.    :dance:

ChrisBucci

Oh...PS!  I'm not sure if I got to ever publicly thank Esteban!  But if you go to "turboviews.com" and click on the links connected to each individual DVD set, E-man created the look of them for me!

Thanks my friend!  :)

Mathius

Just got my copy of TurboViews Vol. 3 today! Thanks for all your hard work, Bucc!

Ps- And a giant thank you to Esty for the work he's done as well. You're awesome, brother. :)

sirhcman

Quote from: Mathius on 02/06/2014, 02:58 PMJust got my copy of TurboViews Vol. 3 today! Thanks for all your hard work, Bucc!

Ps- And a giant thank you to Esty for the work he's done as well. You're awesome, brother. :)
dvd-r or pressed disc?

Mathius

They have a blue tint so I am assuming DVD-r. They are very well made, however.

Stay tuned here for more info to get your copy

http://www.turboviews.com/

ChrisBucci

Thanks my friend.  Glad it arrived safely!

Since I don't sell enough to justify the costs associated with "replication" (pressing) that is not really an option.  That leaves "duplication" as the only other choice.   And...well...that allows me to basically create everything myself from inking to duplication (at my office we use the highest quality "watershield" glossy Discs you can buy so I make sure to pick those up for every Turbo Views set) to packaging to shipping.   

It is a ton of work so all I can hope is that they arrive in one piece and people enjoy them.   :)

Thanks Mathius!  As always.
Chris

Duo_R

Add my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/sOg93QUtlg0
For sale trade list: https://tinyurl.com/2csm7kq

Mathius

Bucc, I have to say that I am missing the background music in the menus. Makes Math mad. Makes Math talk like Grimlock. Why for you do this? :P

TheClash603

Received mine, can't wait til I watch next week!

I suggest saving a few bucks on the sealing process next time, since everyone just cracks them open right away when they get them!

Looks high quality and right at home next to vol. 1 and 2.

Dyna138

Got my set in the other day as well excellent job as always Chris. Totally agree with your comments in the Dead Moon commentary about nostalgia and the passion of collecting for something you love. Thanks for the hard work and dedication of all involved!  :D

Duo_R

Finished the first disk, will watch more soon!

esadajr

I haven't picked up my mail yet (will have to wait till the 8th for that) but I'm sure this volume will be as good or better than the previous two.
Gaming since 1985

roflmao

It's great.  I was listening to the podcasts on the extras disc the other night and my wife walks in and asks "What, is there a turbografx talk radio station now?!" It made me chuckle. :)

HailingTheThings

I enjoy the commentary tracks very much.
IMG

esteban

Quote from: guest on 02/19/2014, 10:43 PMIt's great.  I was listening to the podcasts on the extras disc the other night and my wife walks in and asks "What, is there a turbografx talk radio station now?!" It made me chuckle. :)
Hahahahahahahahaha. Classic.  :pcgs:

ChrisBucci

Thanks everyone!  I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed it. 

Turbo Podcast?   Hmm..............  ;)
Chris

HailingTheThings

Quote from: spida1a on 03/06/2014, 10:57 AMThanks everyone!  I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed it. 

Turbo Podcast?   Hmm..............  ;)
Chris
Do it! Do it! :3
IMG

roflmao

I'd froth at the mouth for a Bucci Turbo Podcast. :D

Mathius

Quote from: guest on 03/08/2014, 12:09 AMI'd froth at the mouth for a Bucci Turbo Podcast. :D
My iPhone + car stereo awaits this magnificence, Bucc. The world needs teh Turbob Podcast. :)

I was watching the Memory Commentary to Super Star Soldier the other night. It warmed my heart to know just how much pcengine-fx.com helped out in that situation. You're welcome, my friend. :D

Duo_R

EvilEvoIX

IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

Otaking

Any updates as to when there might be any new review videos up?
 :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86jH2UQmvKY&t=812s
Quote from: some block off youtubeIn one episode, Dodongo c-walks out of a convenience store with a 40 at 7:40 AM, steals an arcade machine from an auction, haggles in Spanish for a stuffed papa smurf to use as a sex toy, and buys Secret of Mana for a dollar.

Mathius

Quote from: HardcoreOtaku on 08/02/2014, 06:48 AMAny updates as to when there might be any new review videos up?
 :D
None that I've heard. Bucci is probably taking a well deserved break.

HailingTheThings

He's busy writing "Turbo Views: The Musical."
IMG

MrFlutterPie

Quote from: HailingTheThings on 08/02/2014, 06:19 PMHe's busy writing "Turbo Views: The Musical."
How I hate Darkwing Duck!
Boy does it suck
I shake my fist in rage
So I now I must take to the stage....

:-({|= :dance:

HailingTheThings

Quote from: MrFlutterPie on 08/02/2014, 10:49 PM
Quote from: HailingTheThings on 08/02/2014, 06:19 PMHe's busy writing "Turbo Views: The Musical."
How I hate Darkwing Duck!
Boy does it suck
I shake my fist in rage
So I now I must take to the stage....

:-({|= :dance:
Yes, please?!?! Maybe for his series finale, he'll really do something spectacular like this. I think a Bucci Live show would be in order.
IMG

EvilEvoIX

Quote from: guest on 03/08/2014, 12:09 AMI'd froth at the mouth for a Bucci Turbo Podcast. :D
I'm leaking clear fluid in anticipation.
IMGIMGIMG

MrFlutterPie