10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

FS: Turbo Grafx CD, System, Carry Case, PCE Converter, Super SYS Card 3.0

Started by Capitalistix, 08/02/2013, 04:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capitalistix

Hey all!

I have my Turbo CD unit  up on eBay and I just wanted to let y'all know.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Turbo-Grafx-16-System-Turbo-CD-Unit-HuCard-Converter-Super-System-Card-/310716062077?pt=Video_Games&hash=item48581ed97d

Its as described in the listing, very clean, works great, and has Keith's gear replacement mod done!

Includes the purple TV Game Computer Hu card converter as well as the carry case, an appropriate aftermarket AC adapter, a Turbo Pad and a Jap super system card 3.0

If you are interested in it, I will knock $50 off as a fellow pcengine-fx.com forum member! So the total would be $500 plus Shipping. Just message me on here and Ill take it off the 'bay for you.

Thanks for looking!

=]

NecroPhile

Thanks for linking a gouge job on this 'eBay' thing.  We've never heard of it.  Is it new?
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

bob

Wow, thanks.  I never would have found this great deal if you didnt post it.

spenoza

It is some very nice looking equipment. Too bad it is priced at roughly double its value.

MotherGunner

Well fuck me to tears!  Such a GREAT price!  What a gentleman and a scholar (in that order).  You are hard as woodpecker lips and this auction is the stuff hard-ons are made of!  Got change for a $1,000 bill?  Do you take a human sacrifice in trade??? God Bless America!
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

jperryss

Quote from: guest on 08/02/2013, 11:09 AMIt is some very nice looking equipment. Too bad it is priced at roughly double its value.
The price is high no doubt, but it ain't double.

EDIT: Whoops, just noticed it's a PCE SSC. Yeah $300 BIN would be reasonable, $325 at most and that would be pushing it.

esteban

Welcome, my friend! You are a kind soul, listing your items here for us. Godspeed.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

MrFlutterPie

Did you read the forum rules?  We do not use the term "Jap" as it is a racial slur.  We use the proper term Japanese here.  This particular issue was laid out in the actual rules.

I'm guessing you just wanted to rush over to the sales thread to post your over priced BIN.  I personal would never buy a $500 item from somebody with 98% feedback either.  Too risky.

psychobear

MotherGunner

-MG

Capitalistix

Hey if you guys dont want to buy it, then dont. I bought this system, CD unit, Carry case, original system card, and turbo tap for $400 (plus shipping) about 4 years ago (came with the wrong AC adapter) so I had to purchase an aftermarket one, $20-$30 from radioshack. A few months back I purchased the TV Game Computer converter for $250 off of eBay after looking for one forever. Im asking less than what I hae into it and that is the absolute truth. I did not come here and act rude demanding someone buy my stuff. Not to mention the fact that I have installed Keith's new gear fix as well. So I guess my time and effort isnt worth anything either?

At first I thought that collecting Neo Geo AES games had desensitized me to other game systems monetary values, but I am only asking less than what I honest to god have in it.

As for the "Jap" term, I am dreadfully sorry. I myself have a minor in Japanese, my girlfriend is full blood Japanese, and we both throw the term around tons, mostly shorthand for Japanese. Not to mention Ive never come under fire for using it on any other video game forums. Mostly because I never use it in a derrogatory way. Its a three letter abreviation for Japanese or Japan. I use US or USA in the same way relating to video games.

Im not here to cause trouble, or argue on a video game site. If I have offended, I apologize. If I have broken the rules, then feel free to lock or delete the thread.

NecroPhile

Sorry, chief, but you overpaid.  Regardless of how much you've "invested" in it, it's not worth anywhere near what you're asking.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Capitalistix

Quote from: guest on 08/02/2013, 05:48 PMSorry, chief, but you overpaid.  Regardless of how much you've "invested" in it, it's not worth anywhere near what you're asking.
Perhaps, for the unit, since they seem to be going for $300 ish on ebay, at least currently. There is the same converter I am selling, currently listed on ebay, and last I checked (few hours ago, it was at $183, as the current bid)

so thats $483 right there, without anything else, like the super system card, which usually goes for $20 or so. So that plus the work Ive done, an the care Ive taken with the system, always keeping it clean and such, is how I arrive at my asking price.

If you dont want to pay it, then by all means, don't. But that's the price I am asking.
Something is only worth what someone will pay for it. I value the bundle as I have listed, for the reasons I have listed. If somebody buys it, then they will, and my price was justified, at least to that particular buyer. If they dont, then they dont.

MotherGunner

It's fine that you want to ask for whatever you want to ask.  But clearly you don't know this community and you are asking for an Ebay price.  By all means, STAY ON EBAY with those prices.

I have sold two BETTER systems with free shit for way less than that on these very forums so really, wrong audience dude.
-MG

esteban

Welcome, my friend! You are a kind soul, listing your items here for us. Godspeed.

Vecanti

Quote from: Capitalistix on 08/02/2013, 05:09 PMmy girlfriend is full blood Japanese
But how long did she live there?  Would you say more than over half her life?

So she is 60% new?

wildfruit

for the uninitiated why did that hu card converter cost so much?

jperryss

Quote from: wildfruit on 08/02/2013, 08:35 PMfor the uninitiated why did that hu card converter cost so much?
Converters are pricey. They don't seem unusually rare, but they're expensive for what they are.

CrackTiger

Quote from: wildfruit on 08/02/2013, 08:35 PMfor the uninitiated why did that hu card converter cost so much?
Old converters are collectibles to true collectors and not valued by any functional use as they're pretty much obsolete. Turbo hardware is in a similar boat, as PCE hardware is cheaper, easier to find and more functional.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

esteban

Quote from: Capitalistix on 08/02/2013, 05:09 PMAs for the "Jap" term, I am dreadfully sorry. I myself have a minor in Japanese, my girlfriend is full blood Japanese, and we both throw the term around tons, mostly shorthand for Japanese.
May I suggest JP (EU, NA) as an even shorter short-hand? Hell, I bet SK would work for South Korea (in case you get a full blood South Korean girlfriend).

SK = my real-life initials, too (in case you start dating me. I am full blood commie pinko)

:pcgs:

seieienbu

Quote from: esteban on 08/03/2013, 07:10 AM
Quote from: Capitalistix on 08/02/2013, 05:09 PMAs for the "Jap" term, I am dreadfully sorry. I myself have a minor in Japanese, my girlfriend is full blood Japanese, and we both throw the term around tons, mostly shorthand for Japanese.
May I suggest JP (EU, NA) as an even shorter short-hand? Hell, I bet SK would work for South Korea (in case you get a full blood South Korean girlfriend).

SK = my real-life initials, too (in case you start dating me. I am full blood commie pinko)
...I'm voting you into office.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

PCEngineHell

Quote from: Capitalistix on 08/02/2013, 05:09 PMHey if you guys dont want to buy it, then dont. I bought this system, CD unit, Carry case, original system card, and turbo tap for $400 (plus shipping) about 4 years ago (came with the wrong AC adapter) so I had to purchase an aftermarket one, $20-$30 from radioshack. A few months back I purchased the TV Game Computer converter for $250 off of eBay after looking for one forever. Im asking less than what I hae into it and that is the absolute truth. I did not come here and act rude demanding someone buy my stuff. Not to mention the fact that I have installed Keith's new gear fix as well. So I guess my time and effort isnt worth anything either?

At first I thought that collecting Neo Geo AES games had desensitized me to other game systems monetary values, but I am only asking less than what I honest to god have in it.

As for the "Jap" term, I am dreadfully sorry. I myself have a minor in Japanese, my girlfriend is full blood Japanese, and we both throw the term around tons, mostly shorthand for Japanese. Not to mention Ive never come under fire for using it on any other video game forums. Mostly because I never use it in a derrogatory way. Its a three letter abreviation for Japanese or Japan. I use US or USA in the same way relating to video games.

Im not here to cause trouble, or argue on a video game site. If I have offended, I apologize. If I have broken the rules, then feel free to lock or delete the thread.
Cant expect the forum or others for that matter to over pay to help compensate for your own stupidity as a buyer.

BigusSchmuck

This thread is giving me a bad case of hemorrhoids. Come on now, lets be reasonable here, anyone who invests in video games and expects a return on their investment are only kidding themselves.

psychobear

Quote from: BigusSchmuck on 08/03/2013, 11:43 PMThis thread is giving me a bad case of hemorrhoids. Come on now, lets be reasonable here, anyone who invests in BENIE BABYS and expects a return on their investment are only kidding themselves.
Fixed

BlueBMW

I'm not quite convinced that his pricing is THAT far off in todays crazy market....  Lets take a closer look at it...

Turbo CD + TG16 + Case..  even with the replacement power supply should still go for $200, maybe even $250.  Add the gear replacement, that's another $25 or so.  So lets even say $275

Super System Card PCE...  $15 to $20 all day long

Purple hucard converter....  This is where it gets tricky.. I've seen some of the different hucard converters sell for $80, $100, even $150+  I dont see these purple ones too often either.

So add it up... $275+$15+$125... that's $415.. fudge pricing up or down a little bit and the $500 asking price isnt too far off...  Maybe a little high, but not as rediculous as it looks.  $550 for JUST a Turbo CD is too much, but for this lot?  I'd say its close....

So maybe cut the guy some slack.  He did offer a discount to PCEFX people, which is a nice gesture that he did not have to do.

My $0.02
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

wmacmonagle

This thread reminded me to say CYA BUD! =) Sorry for being douchebag!..

I think $500 is da too high but whoever really want it will buy it with no problem!.

unless you want to give him blow and he may give you anohter 100 off ($400).  Let this guy sell whatever he want!!!!

He just drop a line to see if anybody who would jump!  Crapping on other thread s not cool!  I know your point that pirce is da high!!.  That s life!..

Honest with you guys i think you post da too low! =P  It s nice of you guys giving back to community!!!..

anyway..  I am pretty sure he will drop some price down later on when it doesnt sell and it would reach out to $.400 + shipped or he would split the lot and get it done!..

Converter for $250 WOW! too rich for my blood! lol.. I wouldnt pay more than 150 myself.  250 for tg16 cd shipped!..

i think $400-425 shipped is reasonable lot for this to the PCFX Community!..  I would bet if he post $400 + shipping.. Everybody will say oh hey this should be 300! cuz in back then it cost cheaper than that! lol

anyway good luck with sale!

CYA BUD!
Arcade Line Up: UDOT, Multi-Vector Duel, Tempest Multi, Mini-Galaga, Z-Hyperspin, X360 Blast City, Spiderman Pin, 96 in 1 PacMan

MotherGunner

"Knowledge" from one of the forums biggest hypocrites considering his recent purchase.  Damn, he's back.  =\

"SMOKESSOME BUD!"
-MG

esteban

VestCunt

Quote from: BlueBMW on 08/04/2013, 12:22 AMI'm not quite convinced that his pricing is THAT far off in todays crazy market....  Lets take a closer look at it...

Turbo CD + TG16 + Case..  even with the replacement power supply should still go for $200, maybe even $250.  Add the gear replacement, that's another $25 or so.  So lets even say $275

Super System Card PCE...  $15 to $20 all day long

Purple hucard converter....  This is where it gets tricky.. I've seen some of the different hucard converters sell for $80, $100, even $150+  I dont see these purple ones too often either.

So add it up... $275+$15+$125... that's $415.. fudge pricing up or down a little bit and the $500 asking price isnt too far off...  Maybe a little high, but not as rediculous as it looks.  $550 for JUST a Turbo CD is too much, but for this lot?  I'd say its close....

So maybe cut the guy some slack.  He did offer a discount to PCEFX people, which is a nice gesture that he did not have to do.

My $0.02
$415 is really betting a lot on that converter. Breaking down the math down for auction lots isn't an accurate gauge because lots sell for less than individual items, especially with useless collectibles like a Barney converter in the mix. There are simply fewer buyers with both $500 and the interest in all the different components.

As NecroPhile mentioned in the other thread, Capitalistix would net MORE by selling here and avoiding ebay fees, even after the "discount". After receiving help and connections fixing his system, Capitalistix isn't even willing to knock off the ebay fees for another forum member.
Topic Adjourned.

Opethian

Quote from: BigusSchmuck on 08/03/2013, 11:43 PMThis thread is giving me a bad case of hemorrhoids. Come on now, lets be reasonable here, anyone who invests in video games and expects a return on their investment are only kidding themselves.
post of the year right here
IMG