Introducing myself and Turbo Views......

Started by ChrisBucci, 01/05/2009, 02:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TR0N

Quote from: spida1a on 07/28/2012, 09:20 PMYes, thanks to Mathius....we had an ending!!  :)

It is funny because...the way the video originally ended...I took the chip out, stopped the end review credits, and destroyed the broken chip.  Almost AVGN-ish.  Just despondent and upset (which I truly was).  I had HAD it.

Halfway into editing, I picked up the new copy of SSS for FUN and beat the game some random day (recording all of stage 8 in anticipation).  So excited, I re-wrote the ending and decided to do a slight "homage" to King of Kong since it ended almost the same, near the end of editing it was defeated and changed the outcome.  Ha ha.   

Thanks guys!  As always,
Chris
Congrats beating the game finally spida1a now how about a review of dynastic hero next ?
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

ChrisBucci

Thanks guys.  I appreciate it.  Funny....I still have the broken SSS game.  I should auction it and call it "spida1a's nightmare!"   :)

munchiaz

another great review. Sucks that the game froze on u. glad to see u over come and beat it anyway. I'm also stuck on stage 8 at this point. So day i to shall overcome

Duo_R

We need to get the original ending on the next DVD release....along with you smaching that original SSS game with a hammer!  =)

Quote from: spida1a on 07/28/2012, 09:20 PMYes, thanks to Mathius....we had an ending!!  :)

It is funny because...the way the video originally ended...I took the chip out, stopped the end review credits, and destroyed the broken chip.  Almost AVGN-ish.  Just despondent and upset (which I truly was).  I had HAD it.

Halfway into editing, I picked up the new copy of SSS for FUN and beat the game some random day (recording all of stage 8 in anticipation).  So excited, I re-wrote the ending and decided to do a slight "homage" to King of Kong since it ended almost the same, near the end of editing it was defeated and changed the outcome.  Ha ha.   

Thanks guys!  As always,
Chris
Add my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/sOg93QUtlg0
For sale trade list: https://tinyurl.com/2csm7kq

esadajr

Sounds like bonus material for the next DVD. Good to have you back man.
Gaming since 1985

Otaking

Just watched the SSS vid, another excellent review! Cheers Chris  8)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86jH2UQmvKY&t=812s
Quote from: some block off youtubeIn one episode, Dodongo c-walks out of a convenience store with a 40 at 7:40 AM, steals an arcade machine from an auction, haggles in Spanish for a stuffed papa smurf to use as a sex toy, and buys Secret of Mana for a dollar.

Samurai Ghost

Thanks guys!  As always,
Chris
Awesome, really enjoyed the episode and glad you finally beat it! The way it crashed on you is so frustrating, but sometimes weird things happen when you are really into a game. Power outages being one of them.

Teknoman

Quote from: HardcoreOtaku on 07/29/2012, 06:54 PMJust watched the SSS vid, another excellent review! Cheers Chris  8)
Yup, really like the Turbo views. Much more informative than most of the TG16/PCE stuff you see on youtube, and pretty to the point as well.
IMG

"There are many difficult times ahead, but you must keep your sense of humor, work through the tough situations and enjoy yourself".

DragonmasterDan

I take it Soldier Blade is the next review? (or perhaps the PCE Final Soldier)
--DragonmasterDan

esteban

Quote from: spida1a on 07/29/2012, 03:00 PMThanks guys.  I appreciate it.  Funny....I still have the broken SSS game.  I should auction it and call it "spida1a's nightmare!"   :)
I haven't watched this yet (I'm behind by a few episodes :pcgs:), but I'm glad you are back, comrade. :pcds:
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

kazekirifx

Great to see him back in the saddle!

CPTRAVE

Spida reviews are awesome and entertaining. Everytime I look for a game I first look to see if he has reviewed it.

kazekirifx

He's practically single handedly gotten me interested in pinball.

Teknoman

Yeah that Super Star Soldier review ending had to be one of the more dramatic reviews i've seen in awhile (in a good way).
IMG

"There are many difficult times ahead, but you must keep your sense of humor, work through the tough situations and enjoy yourself".

CPTRAVE

Just viewd the Super Star Soldier, my jaw dropped when the game froze up, that just sucked. Well atleast you passed the game.  :dance:

ChrisBucci

Thank you guys.  I try. 
We're almost 1/2 way done with the series.  Whew.  :)
Chris

Dyna138

Another excellent review Chris! I remember struggling with beating SSS, the last boss is a headache. I must have played through SSS around 10 times in one day to finally beat the last boss. Funny thing although I was frustrated failing at the final boss I enjoyed replaying the game so it's a mixed blessing I guess. :lol:

Anyway keep up the great work!

8bitForLife

ya i thought that was great with super star soldier. Trying to get a copy just because of that review. but getting a american version is hard.
Turbo Duo Rx Turbo Grafx 16, Atari 2600 5200 7800 Jaguar + CD Starpath Supercharger, Gba DS DSI 3Ds Nes Snes N64 VB GC Wii, Xbox Xbox 360, Ps1 Ps2 Ps3 Psp Fat Psp slim, GenesisV3 CDX Nomad Saturn Dreamcast JP USA, NGPC

http://www.pcedaisakusen.net/2/34/530/show-collection.htm

ChrisBucci

Yeah, that's the problem.  That constant "replay" to keep starting over.  Ha ha.

Thanks 8Bit!

TR0N

IMG

Mathius

Quote from: TR0N on 08/20/2012, 01:42 AMTV Sports Bastketball
Quickly now review an actual good Turbo game before the depression sets in! :P

TR0N

Quote from: Mathius on 08/20/2012, 02:02 AM
Quote from: TR0N on 08/20/2012, 01:42 AMTV Sports Bastketball
Quickly now review an actual good Turbo game before the depression sets in! :P
Right as i mention to spida1a in the video if only the TG16 could have gotten (nba jam) instead.
IMG

FiftyQuid

I watched this one last night right after it was posted.  Never played it, but up until I watched the video I was looking forward to it.  Now?  I may wait a little while longer. :)  Another great review though.   :dance:

Another great video review spida1a!  The eBay gougers are going to have a field day and start gouging more for this title.  :roll:
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

esadajr

Never played this one before and I guess I never will. Can't wait for the next video, which I assume will be Takin' it to the hoop.
Gaming since 1985

ChrisBucci

Thanks guys.  I try to be as detailed as I can (even with games I am not a big fan of).  A lot of people enjoy TVSBB though so....your mileage may vary.

Also...another episode will be uploading tonight.   :)

Sadler

jperryss

Quote from: spida1a on 08/20/2012, 04:24 PMAlso...another episode will be uploading tonight.   :)
F5....F5....F5....

Duo_R

Mathius

Duo_R

Especially the Peter Griffin laugh when doing the spin move lol

jperryss

esteban

Mathius

Quote from: esteban on 08/26/2012, 12:41 PM
Quote from: jperryss on 08/25/2012, 10:27 AMSherlock Holmes
Noooooooooooooooooooo....
This video inspired me to play Sherlock Holmes on my Sega CD. I am taking a break from it right now to write this. :)

SMF

When i first got Vol 1 as a kid I LOVED IT, Thats what i was into at the time. The whole crime solving use your head games and books. The Murder Mystery kid in me is screaming at you for a 5. But the adult that tried to play the game recently agrees with you its a 1 time play thru game and its a 3 give or take a half cd.

Another great review Chris look forward to see what you have next.
Welcome to Prime Time B!tch

Dyna138

I'm sitting on JB Harold and Sherlock Holmes 1 and 2 waiting for enough time to devote to playing them. Back in the Turbo CD/Sega CD days I despised these FMV style games, but my tastes in games have "broadened" with age so I'm going to give these a try eventually. Excellent review as always!

Damon Plus

I've wanted to get Takin it to the Hoop for quite some time, but reviews didn't seem too great for it, until now. I liked Double Dribble so this one would be good enough. Just a question: can you change the playtime during matches? Because they seem to go on too long.

c0ldb33r

Is there going to be a DVD volume 3?
Member of the F@ck EBAY Club

esteban

Quote from: Dyna138 on 09/01/2012, 10:21 PMI'm sitting on JB Harold and Sherlock Holmes 1 and 2 waiting for enough time to devote to playing them. Back in the Turbo CD/Sega CD days I despised these FMV style games, but my tastes in games have "broadened" with age so I'm going to give these a try eventually. Excellent review as always!
J.B. Harold rocks and holds up well today. No FMV. You will like it.

NOTE: iOS versions exist for several JB Harold games...all but one is in English, though, and I can't get very far without asking myself, "What the hell are you doing?" stumbling around menus and clues. :pcgs:

Mathius

Quote from: esteban on 09/02/2012, 04:59 PM
Quote from: Dyna138 on 09/01/2012, 10:21 PMI'm sitting on JB Harold and Sherlock Holmes 1 and 2 waiting for enough time to devote to playing them. Back in the Turbo CD/Sega CD days I despised these FMV style games, but my tastes in games have "broadened" with age so I'm going to give these a try eventually. Excellent review as always!

NOTE: iOS versions exist for several JB Harold games...all but one is in English, though, and I can't get very far without asking myself, "What the hell are you doing?" stumbling around menus and clues. :pcgs:
JB Harold has been on my wishlist for awhile. It has kind of become harder to find in the last year or so.

MotherGunner

It always happens that way, the titles that most people push aside are the ones that become hard to get.  It happened recently with Chew Man Fu yet there are dozons of Air Zonks, Devil's Crush and others readily available now.
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

PCEngineHell

Quote from: Mathius on 09/02/2012, 08:25 PM
Quote from: esteban on 09/02/2012, 04:59 PM

JB Harold has been on my wishlist for awhile. It has kind of become harder to find in the last year or so.
JB Harold was pretty well done for that kind of title. I remember when Sinistron did a review of it so I ended up having to play it myself to get some screen shots.

glazball

I like your video reviews as well and I'm curious also:  will there be a DVD 3?  I am considering buying the first two, but wanted to offer a suggestion in case there's a future "Version 2" or Blu-Ray compilation:

Perhaps you can offer them in a jewel case packaging instead of regular DVD (or Blu-Ray) size?  Maybe with cool orange spines and TG font?  It would be nice to have them next to my Duo games, rather than with DVDs (I have DVDs all boxed up these days).

Keep up the great work!
glazball's game collection and wantlist

ChrisBucci

Hey, thanks for your great compliments.  I truly appreciate it.  I am planning a 3rd volume when we get to episode #75 (which...isn't too far away so perhaps early next year). 

I like your "jewel case" idea.  I'll have to look into that for the future.  One thing is...there will be 6 total DVD volumes (almost like, a TurboGrafx video encyclopedia).  And, a friend of mine who works for a DVD manufacturing company is actually designing a "case" to hold all 6 volumes perfectly for me.  On the artwork side it will look like the original TurboGrafx box.  It's really cool.  I'm lucky to have awesome friends.

So...in twenty years when I finished the series (ha ha)...I'm hoping he'll still be alive (ha ha) to help me make the case.  Lol!

Thanks!  Your support is always appreciated and awesome.
Chris

turboswimbz

Quote from: spida1a on 09/08/2012, 08:18 PMHey, thanks for your great compliments.  I truly appreciate it.  I am planning a 3rd volume when we get to episode #75 (which...isn't too far away so perhaps early next year). 

I like your "jewel case" idea.  I'll have to look into that for the future.  One thing is...there will be 6 total DVD volumes (almost like, a TurboGrafx video encyclopedia).  And, a friend of mine who works for a DVD manufacturing company is actually designing a "case" to hold all 6 volumes perfectly for me.  On the artwork side it will look like the original TurboGrafx box.  It's really cool.  I'm lucky to have awesome friends.

So...in twenty years when I finished the series (ha ha)...I'm hoping he'll still be alive (ha ha) to help me make the case.  Lol!

Thanks!  Your support is always appreciated and awesome.
Chris
The box idea sounds cool.  Looking foward to that.  marking the calendar Fall 2032.
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

ChrisBucci

Yes, 2032 sounds about right.

Same time as Demolition Man!  So...we'll all celebrate with dinner and dancing...at Taco Bell!     :mrgreen:

turboswimbz

Ahhhh. I needed that laugh.  As a side note, I think an Extra episode on the sounds of the Turbo would be a neat topic.
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

fraggore

thanks man been watching the videos and enjoying them good work.
I always wanted a thing called tuna sashemie

"All your base are belong to us"

glazball

Quote from: spida1a on 09/08/2012, 08:18 PMI like your "jewel case" idea.  I'll have to look into that for the future.  One thing is...there will be 6 total DVD volumes (almost like, a TurboGrafx video encyclopedia).  And, a friend of mine who works for a DVD manufacturing company is actually designing a "case" to hold all 6 volumes perfectly for me.  On the artwork side it will look like the original TurboGrafx box.  It's really cool.  I'm lucky to have awesome friends.

OK then I'll hold off for now and wait to purchase the complete Turbo Views box set once they're all done.  I do hope you'll consider a TG-themed jewel case option, but regardless, what you're doing is top notch and I can't wait to see your future reviews :) I just hope you won't get burned out by the time you get to Might & Magic III and Falcon!
glazball's game collection and wantlist

ChrisBucci

Ha ha!  Thanks my friend.  I appreciate that.

So, I'll hold you a set for 2032 my friend (by then we'll be using "credits" or something instead of money, right?).   Ha ha!

Mathius

"Final Soldier" - Turbo Views Import #9 (PC-Engine / Wii game REVIEW!)
My thoughts exactly on this one. Solid all around but my least favorite in the series. I am seriously looking forward to the only other remaining game in the Soldier series yet to be reviewed. :wink: