The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheClash603

Bought a "door buster" Westinghouse 50" 1080p 60mhz tv for $350 today.  I am sure it will be junky, but it will be a decent step up from the 36" CRT Sanyo currently in my living room.

It was odd, I showed up at Target at 9:00, there was a huge line, but they had them hidden in the back.  I nabbed one of the last 3, so I think I lucked out considering I didn't have to wait.

BlueBMW

You better keep that CRT around for retro stuff!
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

TheClash603

Quote from: BlueBMW on 11/22/2012, 11:34 PMYou better keep that CRT around for retro stuff!
The Trinitron in my game room isnt going anywhere.  My gf doesnt allow the normies that only see our living room to know I am uber game nerd, that stuff all stays locked in the game room.

NecroPhile

Quote from: SuperDeadite on 11/22/2012, 09:38 PMNot gaming related, but worth a picture :)

IMG
Le wut?  Motorcycling armor?
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

SuperDeadite

Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

jeffhlewis

IMG

Black friday goodies:

Metroid Other M for Wii
Commando / Terminator / Predator 3-pack Blu-Ray
The Dark Night Blu-Ray
Batman Begins Blu-Ray
LOTR Fellowship and Two Towers Blu-Rays
Aliens Blu-Ray
Fast and the Furious Blu-Ray (my favorite bad movie of all time)
Playstation Move Starter Kit
Wireless Mouse

Plus a bunch of other crap. All for less than $100.

chany60126

No Black Friday shopping for me at the stores, but I made some good pick ups today from a former collector off of Craigslist. I left out the games I bought for my secret santa recipient. I'll definitely be going back after the holidays. :)
IMG

turbokon

These came in the mail today.
IMG

Got the gameboy set from a co-worker for free;)
IMG
IMG
Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com

jeffhlewis

Latest eBay shipment:

IMG

Last Bronx and Virtual On for Saturn
Sonic 1 for Game Gear (jp)
Vampire Night (PS2)
Time Crisis: Razing Storm

nectarsis

Quote from: jeffhlewis on 11/23/2012, 08:41 PMLatest eBay shipment:

IMG

Vampire Night (PS2)
I see some gun goodness ;)
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

munchiaz

Friends got me back into comics today. Heres what i picked up just today.

IMG

IMG

Some games ive gotten recently. The Marios and Micky i got during black friday.

IMG

SNKNostalgia

Quote from: jeffhlewis on 11/23/2012, 08:41 PMLatest eBay shipment:

IMG

Vampire Night (PS2)
I know you can use PS Move for Time Crisis, but how does the Guncon 3 work with the game? Does the Guncon 3 come with sensor bars or does it just use the Move camera? Also, how accurate is the gun compared to the move?

Anybody know about this?

jeffhlewis

Quote from: SNKNostalgia on 11/23/2012, 11:51 PMI know you can use PS Move for Time Crisis, but how does the Guncon 3 work with the game? Does the Guncon 3 come with sensor bars or does it just use the Move camera? Also, how accurate is the gun compared to the move?

Anybody know about this?
My buddy and I just played through Razing Storm tonight using Playstation Move - frankly it works about as well as the Wiimote as far as tracking goes (when compared to say, Wii House of the Dead Collection). Slight delay when aiming the cursor but not too bad frankly.

I haven't tried it with the GunCon3 but plan to pick one up at some point.

BlueBMW

I played Time Crisis 4 on PS3 with the Guncon 3, it worked pretty well.  It has sensors you put on the TV.
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

glazball

I'm pretty giddy about this purchase yesterday.  A local game shop was having a half-off sale for The-Friday-That-Shall-Not-Be-Named, and I had to jump on this cart.  I've been looking for this 5200 cart for oh, 12+ years now.  Amazingly they recently got a copy but it was too expensive for me.  I've been daydreaming about it and buying it at half-off, it was affordable.. expensive but still a good deal.  In the last 10 years or so, I've only seen about 2 come up on eBay ever.  Last one sold for I think $350.  It just is not out there, at all.  Finally my Atari 5200 collection (one of my favorite consoles) is complete!

/Bounty%20Bob%20Strikes%20Back%20Small.JPG
glazball's game collection and wantlist

TheClash603

Just watched a video of the game on Youtube and Bounty Bob Strikes Back actually looks to be a good deal of fun.  Congrats on the purchase, I have been on multi-year game hunts myself and it is always a great feeling to find the item.

...though now you may wonder if your life still has purpose.

nectarsis

Some Black Friday goodness via Amazon, and a couple stores...best part, the amazon order came in a week early lol

/DSCN3317.jpg
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

glazball

Clash, I just happened to see an auction for this 5200 Atarimax 128-in-1 multi-cart.  I have the same one and it's f'ing great.  The seller wants $165 which is very good deal imo.  It's got everything.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140887594696
glazball's game collection and wantlist

SuperPlay

Picked up a copy of the mighty FF VII soundtrack from the Square Enix stand at Hyper Japan yesterday.

/sq1d.jpg

3 working Sony Trinitron 14" TVs that support RGB for £1 each!

/tv1gg.jpg

Nothing special!

IMG

TheClash603

Quote from: glazball on 11/24/2012, 08:22 PMClash, I just happened to see an auction for this 5200 Atarimax 128-in-1 multi-cart.  I have the same one and it's f'ing great.  The seller wants $165 which is very good deal imo.  It's got everything.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140887594696
Thanks for the heads up.  I am too tapped from Black Friday to buy this thing now, but I added it to my Watch List so I have a reminder to look in the future.

Ji-L87

Quote from: SuperPlay on 11/25/2012, 09:39 AM3 working Sony Trinitron 14" TVs that support RGB for £1 each!
/tv1gg.jpg
Those look dang beautiful! :mrgreen:
CHECKPOINT!
Quote from: esteban on 09/23/2012, 01:40 AMThere is a perverted Japanese businessman in every Swiss PCE fan.

bob

I have been thinking of hoarding some CRT tv's myself. I dread the day I can't play a pure game of hogans alley.

Picked up ninja gaiden 2 boxed and almost mint. Also dragon quest 8 for ps2.

Todd Gill

Quote from: SuperPlay on 11/25/2012, 09:39 AM3 working Sony Trinitron 14" TVs that support RGB for £1 each!
/tv1gg.jpg
DAMMMNNNNNNNN!

TR0N

Quote from: SuperPlay on 11/25/2012, 09:39 AMPicked up a copy of the mighty FF VII soundtrack from the Square Enix stand at Hyper Japan yesterday.

3 working Sony Trinitron 14" TVs that support RGB for £1 each!

/tv1gg.jpg
How much in USD ?
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

FiftyQuid

Less than a fiver for all 3.  Killer deal.
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

Ji-L87

Quote from: TR0N on 11/26/2012, 12:42 AMHow much in usd ?
You can always use google to get a quick conversion:
Just write "**gbp in usd" in the search field. For example typing
5gbp in usd will give you this message "5 British pounds sterling = 8.0105 US dollars"

Very handy to have, converting between feet and cm/meters and so on also work.
CHECKPOINT!
Quote from: esteban on 09/23/2012, 01:40 AMThere is a perverted Japanese businessman in every Swiss PCE fan.

bob

That google converter is excellent. I use it all the time

PikachuWarrior

At Goodwill:

TI-86 Graphing Calculator for $8.00
IMG

Mishran

I found a TI-85 at a goodwill for $5 one time. Took it home and put batteries in it, but it wouldn't power up. Opened it up to see if I could figure out what was wrong with it. The internals turned to sticky green goo for some reason. Worst 5 bucks ever spent. Well second worse after Energy for PCE of course. :-"

Bernie

Picked up these this week.

/2012-11-27%2009.43.26.jpg

TheClash603

Spriggan!  Have fun with that!

bob

Ok, question is...what DIDN'T I buy today.  Did a bit of hunting today and yesterday.
I think I smell a loose genny cart raffle coming up soon!

/trud1.jpg ... /trud10.jpg

munchiaz

Quote from: Bernie on 11/27/2012, 09:54 AMPicked up these this week.
Neir is so under rated. the game is awesome. I still need to finish it. 4 times actually. Everytime you beat it, you unveil more of the ending.

FiftyQuid

@galam - Anticipation, man... I haven't thought of that game in a long time.  Never played it myself, but I remember people renting it at the video store I use to work at.

bob

Quote from: FiftyQuid on 11/28/2012, 12:07 AM@galam - Anticipation, man... I haven't thought of that game in a long time.  Never played it myself, but I remember people renting it at the video store I use to work at.
It's terrible.  It was in the same bag as Shinobi, so I was forced to buy it.

xcrement5x

Quote from: munchiaz on 11/27/2012, 10:32 PM
Quote from: Bernie on 11/27/2012, 09:54 AMPicked up these this week.
Neir is so under rated. the game is awesome. I still need to finish it. 4 times actually. Everytime you beat it, you unveil more of the ending. 
I agree, Nier is one of my favorite current gen games and while it's got some weak spots I really really enjoy it.  Plus the soundtrack for the game is just amazingly haunting sometimes.

VestCunt

Galam - make sure you put that Max controller to good use. And play Jeopardy!
Topic Adjourned.

PunkCryborg

recent gets
/20121130095223.jpg
/20121130095228.jpg

NecroPhile

Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Nando

Nice picks Punki!

Stick with Fiend Hunter, it's a bit slow at first, but I think you'll like it!
Now is that the same Slime World that was on the Lynx????

For Cross Wiber, take it slow and think China Warrior. It's a REALLY pretty game, but the game mechanics are of the REALLy retro-variety. You'll love the graphics.

liquitek

I stopped by Staples yesterday armed with a Cards Against Humanity pdf.
$21.37 to get it printed on 100lb weight card using the color printer and they're going to cut it as well.
Anyone played this game?  I haven't.....yet!

PukeSter

I traded 5 PC engine games on here for a Virtual Boy with Mario's Tennis. I haven't gotten it yet, but it looks sweet! Here's the picture. :D

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h281/Neurosis138/IMG_0607.jpg

FiftyQuid

My NES collection has grown from 10 games to 15 now.  Got these on Friday.  I'd like to get Bubble Bobble and then I think I'm done with NES for a while.  Well, I did ask my Secret Santa for a few NES items...

/img20121201183233.jpg

PikachuWarrior

IMG

PukeSter

I got my Gameboy original last month with Tetris for only $10 On eBay! Crazy low for an eBay BIN.

dingsbums

First things first  :D .
A long time ago I got a SegaSonic the Hedgehog PCB - and this thing has a suicide battery like this :cry:  :

/suicideiq.jpg

Thanks to Rossyra (arcadeotaku) and his ROM burning skills the PCB is finally suicide free  :D  :

/segasonic.jpg

Yesterday I went for a "little" trip  8) :

/788km.jpg

I brought this home  :D :

/allepcbs.jpg

The PCB's are (PCB first, then title screen):

/armedpolice.jpg
/battleba.jpg
/dogyuun.jpg
/finalstar.jpg
/ghoulsn.jpg
/gssh.jpg
/ninjaqp.jpg
/outfoxies.jpg
/outzone.jpg
/rtypeleo.jpg

SorcerStriker-PCB.webp
SorcerStriker-1.webp
SorcerStriker-2.webp

bob

:shock:

I love outfoxies. Rewarding "trip".

Opethian

damn I been wanting Outzone and Dogyuun back for years. how much that haul set you back?
IMG

Ji-L87

Dang, consider me officially "jelly". :mrgreen:

Myself, I've been picking up some stuff over the past weeks/month(s)...
IMGIMG

About those Mega Drives, one seems to have problem outputting a stable image (picture rolls when connected to TV, sellers mentioned possible sound issues) and the other one...must be an Asian PAL unit or something, because I could play my PAL copies of Sonic 2 & OutRun with it... :s
Neither the SFC or the MDs will give a proper image with my scaler, so perhaps I need to shop for a syncstrike unit.

Also picked up an PCFX game because...well...I was hoping that would make me get one faster :p Perhaps?

Oh and a free, small sofa from work. Now I can have friends over properly! :D
CHECKPOINT!

esteban

NOTE TO SELF: Stop looking at this damn thread. It just makes me lust for things I can't have.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG