RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

PCE Baseball Games

Started by Gypsy, 05/07/2017, 10:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gypsy

I've been derping around with World Stadium a lot lately and I was curious what everyone's favourite on the system is. Looking to grab a few more, preferably from different series to see how those are.

esteban

Don't play the simulation ACD one. It is PCE Mouse compatible. It is not my cup of tea.

:)

http://www.pcengine.co.uk/HTML_Games/Eikan_wa_Kimi_ni.htm

Wait, I thought you asked for the *least* liked baseball game.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Gypsy

Lol Este. That game looks crazy in depth. And yeah I just wanna play baseball, not worry about building a team and training the players and shit.  :dance:

Digi.k

Will dig up a few of my baseball games when I get back from Hong Kong

But I would also recommend the naxat stadium I think it was called

bob

power league is the best "arcadey" baseball series.

Keith Courage

I really like power league 3. Think it could be the music. I also like power league 5/93 and power league 1 just due to nostalgia.

World stadium games are pretty crappy. I haven't tried Kore ga baseball or THE PRO YAKYŪ series at all.

Gypsy

Quote from: Digi.k on 05/07/2017, 08:13 PMWill dig up a few of my baseball games when I get back from Hong Kong

But I would also recommend the naxat stadium I think it was called
Looked into it a bit, grabbed it off eBay, looking forward to playing it. Definitely interested on your input on these games.

Quote from: Keith Courage on 05/08/2017, 02:02 AMI really like power league 3. Think it could be the music. I also like power league 5/93 and power league 1 just due to nostalgia.

World stadium games are pretty crappy. I haven't tried Kore ga baseball or THE PRO YAKYŪ series at all.
Yeah it's got a lot of things I don't like. You have to just throw garbage offspeed stuff to get outs/avoid contact. Any kind of fastball the computer will just smoke if it's near the plate. Annoying to send runners back, maybe I'm missing something here because I can easily send them forward. Controlling fielders is annoying and you often can't get to balls in time anyway, unless it's a pop-up. Also sometimes the ball will just knock a player down, or hit them on the head. Lol.

I'll definitely try the later Power League games.

Winniez

So far I have had most fun with the Power League games. Nice arcadey baseball action.
Not a huge deal but the later games (I think the last 2 or 3) have a drawback in that they have all the menus in Japanese where as the first 4 or 5 games are partially in english. For that reason I find myself playing mostly the 3rd game.